Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='Vinny']No, there's nothing special about the registraction card... it's just that some people just need to have one for some stange reason. I don't get why as they never send me anything for free (like they say they will if I register my game now!).

Good to have a confirmation about the music CD with Rhapsody.:)[/QUOTE]

If you have Disgaea, go open up your instruction booklet, flip to the back where the registration card is, and take note of the free booklet they will send you.

There was one selling on ebay a bit ago and got some nice cash.

is a REISSUE considered a REPRINT. couldnt altus found some of these games and gave them to a company to sell. that is what i would call a Reissue?

Hey shrike4242, I just got the mail and recieved my stock today! Lucky me the guy lived close by so it was here fast.. The games wern't lost in the mail.. What a bummer! Darn, oh well maybe next time.

[quote name='muffinman943']Hey shrike4242, I just got the mail and recieved my stock today! Lucky me the guy lived close by so it was here fast.. The games wern't lost in the mail.. What a bummer! Darn, oh well maybe next time.[/QUOTE]

Hooray for you! :roll:

[quote name='muffinman943']Hey shrike4242, I just got the mail and recieved my stock today! Lucky me the guy lived close by so it was here fast.. The games wern't lost in the mail.. What a bummer! Darn, oh well maybe next time.[/QUOTE]

Surprising that it made its way out to you so quickly. Good for you that you now have the inventory you were advertisting yesterday that you didn't have then. :roll:

Congrats on pulling a one-day scam. :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='shrike4242']Surprising that it made its way out to you so quickly. Good for you that you now have the inventory you were advertisting yesterday that you didn't have then. :roll:

Congrats on pulling a one-day scam. :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

But they can do that type of thing on the stock market!!!!11!!1 WHUT TEH FUK!

From maxlords @ Digitpress:

"Edit: I was WRONG. I called Atlus to confirm. They HAVE done a ONE time reprinting of both Persona 2 and Rhapsody. All copies are brand spanking new, guaranteed by Atlus. However, they do NOT have the white stickers due to the very very recent trend of not printing the security seals for games, same as with Stella Deus. So they're sort of factory sealed, but not original printings. Aside from the sticker, they will be indistinguishable from original printings.

However, this was a ONE TIME reprint, ONLY for gamequestdirect.com, and those were the ONLY two titles that were reprinted. Atlus stated that they will not be reprinting anything else or printing any more of them."

I posted a message to the Atlus board so hopefully someone can clarify. The way this was handled just really seems to defy logic.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']From maxlords @ Digitpress:

"Edit: I was WRONG. I called Atlus to confirm. They HAVE done a ONE time reprinting of both Persona 2 and Rhapsody. All copies are brand spanking new, guaranteed by Atlus. However, they do NOT have the white stickers due to the very very recent trend of not printing the security seals for games, same as with Stella Deus. So they're sort of factory sealed, but not original printings. Aside from the sticker, they will be indistinguishable from original printings.

However, this was a ONE TIME reprint, ONLY for gamequestdirect.com, and those were the ONLY two titles that were reprinted. Atlus stated that they will not be reprinting anything else or printing any more of them."

I posted a message to the Atlus board so hopefully someone can clarify. The way this was handled just really seems to defy logic.

Dave[/QUOTE]

do you really belive atlus anymore. before they said they wouldnt reprint either of these titles

Would it be totally shocking if Altus printed more copies and let other places sell it in the future? I mean a few days ago they were telling us this is not a reprint.

Dave[/QUOTE]

That was actually really nice of Atlus. For those that actually wanted to play the game and not churn a quick profit, we should find a way to thank them.. maybe they'd do some CAG exclusive stuff.. I mean the whole lot of us here ordered several hundred, maybe they'd give CAG a shout out.. who knows

[quote name='Scorch']That was actually really nice of Atlus. For those that actually wanted to play the game and not churn a quick profit, we should find a way to thank them.. maybe they'd do some CAG exclusive stuff.. I mean the whole lot of us here ordered several hundred, maybe they'd give CAG a shout out.. who knows[/QUOTE]

Maybe they could make a CAG only press of Thousand Arms. That''d be sweet.
I know it own't happen but, hey, ya know.

From the Vyers @ Atlus message boards (and this is as good of a source as you will find)

" No games have the seal anymore, it's not a big deal.

This was a one time thing. There are NO other games on the way."

I wrote a more detailed post with questions - hope he responds

Dave

Im not surprised if they just reprinted for one place. It could of been a legal issue (Atlus could of guarenteed X-copies to a company but never deliver) or a owner of Atlus might have a financial interest in gamer's quest. I am glad they reprinted and for everyone complaining about value, with only 500 or less more in the market, the value wont change at all after 6 months and Ill be surprised if the abscene of a sticker affects value at all.

[quote name='Scorch']That was actually really nice of Atlus. For those that actually wanted to play the game and not churn a quick profit, we should find a way to thank them.. maybe they'd do some CAG exclusive stuff.. I mean the whole lot of us here ordered several hundred, maybe they'd give CAG a shout out.. who knows[/QUOTE]

That's true... I didn't have to pay $80 for Rhapsody!:D

And what are they talking about not having the white seal anymore... I know Stella Deus didn't have it; I feared it was resealed so I opened it anyway... luckily, I did as the disc was cracked in the center hole (worked, but still). But I still saw the seal on DDS and a bunch of other, newer games.

[quote name='cag1000']cant access site at work
any of these left?[/QUOTE]

Rhapsody is sold out and there's still 66 copies of Persona 2.

[quote name='cag1000']cant access site at work
any of these left?[/QUOTE]

just persona 2 is left.

the only people who are talking about the price will fall is those who want you to sell them the games for 20 bucks. In 6 months or Less all the stock will be gone and prices will go right back up. Look at Disegea that was reprinted and the price went right back up if not higher

[quote name='Vinny']That's true... I didn't have to pay $80 for Rhapsody!:D

And what are they talking about not having the white seal anymore... I know Stella Deus didn't have it; I feared it was resealed so I opened it anyway... luckily, I did as the disc was cracked in the center hole (worked, but still). But I still saw the seal on DDS and a bunch of other, newer games.[/QUOTE]

They have recently stopped putting on the seals on the top. I have noticed this with a lot of games. It's not just Atlus games. It's only been over the last month or so that I have noticed it (so it would not have started when DDS came out). Makai Kingdom didn't have a seal, nor did Flipnic and some others that I can't remember off hand. I don't know if this is a new universal way of doing things, but it's fairly frequent now for games NOT to have the seal.

Dave[/QUOTE]
well just think if this is just a one-time reprinting, then in a couple years the price for Rhapsody and Persona 2, even sealed without the sticker will be back up, for all those who bought this for collection/reselling purposes. And those who bought it to play, have fun, I know I will :bouncy:

Well the original Persona got a reprint or second shippment when PErsona 2 came out and now Persona 1 is a lot easier to find compare to other games. Plus it doesnt look like the GC RE's value are going back up. So it is very possible that in 6 months the value will go back up, but not as much as the value before the reprint.

I'm half-pissed. I wanted to play Persona 2, but I sure as fuck didn't want to play Rhapsody. I was just going to shelve that and sell it after all this nonsense died down (maybe right after Christmas when the kiddies have all that money burning holes in their pockets).

Ah well. I guess I could just open Rhapsody then claim in the auction header that it's an ORIGINAL COPY, NOT REPRINT!!!.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I'm half-pissed. I wanted to play Persona 2, but I sure as fuck didn't want to play Rhapsody. I was just going to shelve that and sell it after all this nonsense died down (maybe right after Christmas when the kiddies have all that money burning holes in their pockets).

Ah well. I guess I could just open Rhapsody then claim in the auction header that it's an ORIGINAL COPY, NOT REPRINT!!!.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry. If atlus isn't blowing smoke up our ass, then after a time I'm sure you'll get more than what you spent on it. Maybe not $200, but more than you spent. Also, you can always sell it to someone on here for cost.

[quote name='slidecage']just persona 2 is left.

the only people who are talking about the price will fall is those who want you to sell them the games for 20 bucks. In 6 months or Less all the stock will be gone and prices will go right back up. Look at Disegea that was reprinted and the price went right back up if not higher[/QUOTE]

Good to see you've stopped hanging out with Chicken Little

Dave

What's the fuss all about? for all the people who want to put it up on eBay, just say new, factory sealed. Are eBay users savvy enough to know that there's a reprint?

I think it would be funny if Atlus quietly released reprints into the market (everyone buys it at $50 a pop thinking that they can sell it for $100) and then all of a suddenly the "rare" games are not so rare anymore!! It was risky anyways - speculating on a supposedly bad/decent game that's probably unknown to most just because it was made by Atlus? This whole current Atlus thing reminds me of Valiant Comics. I hope that one day this Atlus bubble will burst.

don't lump Atlus with Valiant Comics. Valiant has never been very good (Ninjak? LAWLS), whereas Atlus brings out some of the best sleeper titles around. instead of hoping that the Atlus bubble bursts, hope that everyone stops being a prat and jumping on the latest ebay bandwagons.

OHMAHGAWD! L@@K R@RE!!111ONEKEKEKE!!1

[quote name='jngx80']What's the fuss all about? for all the people who want to put it up on eBay, just say new, factory sealed. Are eBay users savvy enough to know that there's a reprint?

I think it would be funny if Atlus quietly released reprints into the market (everyone buys it at $50 a pop thinking that they can sell it for $100) and then all of a suddenly the "rare" games are not so rare anymore!! It was risky anyways - speculating on a supposedly bad/decent game that's probably unknown to most just because it was made by Atlus? This whole current Atlus thing reminds me of Valiant Comics. I hope that one day this Atlus bubble will burst.[/QUOTE]
You're missing the point alot of us are making, though. It's not OMG I CANT SEL 4 ONE HUNDERD SMACKARs, it's that if there is a large-scale reprint, we got fucking ripped off paying $50 for these games, as there are always cheaper places to get games than GQD, not to mention special offers/store credit/sales.

For those of us who intended to play (at least one of) the games, we're still getting ripped if these titles show up at TRU for $9.99 with a green sticker.

no one's getting ripped off. all of you people shit your pants at the chance to pick these games up once they became readily available through someplace other than ebay. remember, no one put a gun to your head and told you to jump through a hoop. you did this all on your own accord. you did this because you thought no place else was going to get it. if anything, you have no one to blame but yourselves for feeling ripped off.

If these have been reprinted, and just this once for this company, then this limited run will not really make the game any less rare. It's just available again for now, get it while you can.

I for one am delighted to be able to get it mint, ever since I sold the one I had like an idiot.

Just received my copy about 3 minutes ago. Opened the seal * cue shock & horror* and found everything complete as it would be brand spanking new when the game was originally released.

Kudos to the original poster and Atlus for reprinting the game. I would much rather see game companies rerelease old titles in this nature that way the games can get into the hands of everyone that wants to play them. Here's hoping for a repress of Valkyre Profile (not holding my breath of course...)

[quote name='EndlessChris']Does anybody want to trade their reprint for an unsealed copy of the original sans instruction booklet? LMK[/QUOTE]
I dont think anyone will do it since they can just open the reprint and it will be same as the oriinal. (Unless you still have the sticker)

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']You're missing the point alot of us are making, though. It's not OMG I CANT SEL 4 ONE HUNDERD SMACKARs, it's that if there is a large-scale reprint, we got fucking ripped off paying $50 for these games, as there are always cheaper places to get games than GQD, not to mention special offers/store credit/sales.

For those of us who intended to play (at least one of) the games, we're still getting ripped if these titles show up at TRU for $9.99 with a green sticker.[/QUOTE]

Correction, you are feeling ripped off.

I am very happy to have finally been able to get this for a reasonable amount and not on the bay.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Can the mod close this thread?[/QUOTE]

WTF!?!?

Go away and don't read the thread then.

fuck ... I could shoot myself for this... saw Persona 2 at a distant EB games for $20... didn't realize it was this rare. But then again, I didn't have time to check out any of the merchendise.

I don't care if Rhapsody is $20 in a few weeks. It is the only PS1 RPG I do not own and have not played. I have wanted to try it for years and I certainly wasn't going to take a chance on missing the deal by hesitating.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']You're missing the point alot of us are making, though. It's not OMG I CANT SEL 4 ONE HUNDERD SMACKARs, it's that if there is a large-scale reprint, we got fucking ripped off paying $50 for these games, as there are always cheaper places to get games than GQD, not to mention special offers/store credit/sales.

For those of us who intended to play (at least one of) the games, we're still getting ripped if these titles show up at TRU for $9.99 with a green sticker.[/QUOTE]

I dont really feel like i got ripped off. Im just so happy to finally get this game new. I regreted not buying it when it first came out and now i finally have a chance to pick it it up So im pretty happy. ^_^

I bought a used copy of Persona 2 a while back, and I bought one of each from GQD the other day. I don't feel ripped off. It will be nice to have Rhapsody to play, and a sealed Persona 2. No biggie to me that this is a reprint. As was said before, what have we learned here? Don't invest in these things. Play them! If you invest in them, then you take a risk as with any other investment, and you have no one to blame but yourself if they go down in value, nor no one to credit but yourself if they go up.

[quote name='Sarang01']Well MONTHS ago or even more than that I dropped by and Spodaddy made some thread and they just started ripping on him it seemed or calling him on talking too much about Nintendo or idolitry on them. I like Spo myself though I haven't talked to him in a while.
Btw seshousamaru is that YOU Shou-sama?![/QUOTE]

nope just sesshoumaru.

Whats up. I just came from GQ corporate in person. I picked up a copy of Rhapsody, and they were given permission by ATlus to reproduce another batch of these games. From what the guy told me that they are nearly out of Persona 2; so if your being skeptical about buying from them, then that'll be your loss. On another note I was told that to expect more reprints from other titles. Just wait and see.

[quote name='sickoe']Whats up. I just came from GQ corporate in person. I picked up a copy of Rhapsody, and they were given permission by ATlus to reproduce another batch of these games. From what the guy told me that they are nearly out of Persona 2; so if your being skeptical about buying from them, then that'll be your loss. On another note I was told that to expect more reprints from other titles. Just wait and see.[/QUOTE]

here come 200 more posts speculating what other titles are gonna get reprinted :lol:

[quote name='PDorr3']here come 200 more posts speculating what other titles are gonna get reprinted :lol:[/QUOTE]

I sure hope they reprint Thousand Arms. :lol:

But, I hope that does turn out to be true, so that we, as gamers, can get some of the ATLUS PS1 RPGs that we might have missed during that era.

I asked about TA but the guy said it wasn't getting the hype that they'd expect. There were about 1,000 of each printed.

bread's done
Back