Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='MightySlacker']DEAR LORD.

Hey kids, this is how it is in the most simplistic form possible: THIS IS A CALCULATED RISK. IF YOU CANT AFFORD TO LOSE MONEY IF THE PRICES PLUMMET ON THESE GAMES, THEN GO TO ANOTHER fuckING DEAL.

Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face. Playstation games have all but virtually ceased to be made, why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games. besides that, when the hell have you EVER seen an Atlus game go GH?

This is a reputable company. This thread is almost a carbon copy of the RE2 thread.

This is not a rerelease. If any ps1 games are rereleased, it'll be on PS2 or PS3 compilation discs. There is NO financial incentive to reprint/rerelease these games.

This company obviously has issues with inventory management. They can hire me to straighten everything out and run the show, but it won't be for less than 15 an hour.

The worst case scenario is you get a refund, either peacefully or via chargeback.

There are are a few windows on when to unload this game if you are trying to make $. One closes in a week. Otherwise, be prepared to hold onto it for a few months.

Finally, Rhapsody sucks. It's an average strat RPG that you need to play on mute, or the music will KILL YOU. Persona 2 is worth the $, especially if you are a megaten junkie

Dave[/QUOTE]

needs to be on each page. Rhapsody sounds pretty......limp wristed.....

[quote name='Nogib']Couldn't have said it better myself. I ordered one last night and got my tracking info earlier this evening. And what I am going to do the instant my copy of Rhapsody arrives? Same thing I do with every game I own: open it. Seriously, people looking to buy up multiple copies for the sole purpose of selling on eBay make this site remind me more of FW than CAG. Lets not forget the gamer part in CheapAssGamer guys![/QUOTE]

I'm a bit of both, my game collection grows and is funded based on my game selling on ebay. Without my FW tendencies, my tg 16, ps1 and current gen game collection wouldn't be nearly as good. Though I'm not touching this, I bought 5 copies of re2 and lost 40 or 50 bucks, though I always seem to pass up on the right one and jump on the wrong one, and this will probably continue that trend.

Well this thread has certainly been a rollercoaster ride. I know that when I first saw this thread with 2 or 3 posts I didn't think it would be legit either, but I cracked and bought Persona 2 simply because I've been lusting for it for years but could never afford it on eBay. So I'm pretty :) right now.

Just one thing, a game doesnt have to be GH to get a reprint. Some examples include Dragon Ball GT, Mega man X5-6, and more recently the GC RE. There is also the possibility that another publisher pick up the rights from Atlus and re-release them.

If you are buying to play it shouldnt matter. Worst case you over paid a bit for a game you want.

I got more enjoyment out of Rhapsody's soundtrack than the game itself. In high I would replace the CD in the player in the weight room with a copy of the Rhapsody soundtrack. I had a friend who would do the same in the soccer locker-room. We went through about 8 copies of it. Hilarity always ensued.

The first song on the CD is just ridiculous. Everyone getting this game owes it to themself to listen to it once and experience it.

After splurging $100 on these games, I'm seriously thinking about not coming back to the site for a month, just to get away from any temptation.

Then again, I'll probably be back looking for the next good deal later today.

well i just got shipping info and somehow they are saying that i ordered 3 rhapsody when i only ordered 2 so now my credit card bill is 200 bucks. When i called they said i would have to pay 7.50 each to return them that is kind of bull. im going to call them again today and see what is going on

[quote name='slidecage']well i just got shipping info and somehow they are saying that i ordered 3 rhapsody when i only ordered 2 so now my credit card bill is 200 bucks. When i called they said i would have to pay 7.50 each to return them that is kind of bull. im going to call them again today and see what is going on[/QUOTE]

Well, I ordered Persona and they're shipping Rhapsody, I fucking HATE RHAPSODY. I'll clal them in a bit.

Reality's Fringe said:
Well, I ordered Persona and they're shipping Rhapsody, I fucking HATE RHAPSODY. I'll clal them in a bit.

you sure your cousin didnt order it : ).... i just found out my cousin ordered 1 using my credit card that is how i ended up gettin 3 rhapsody

i probally just dump the extra one on ebay for 49.99 (what i paid for it)

the first copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody are ending on ebay. looks like $54 shipped and $63 shipped respectively. is videogameworld1 a CAG?

[quote name='slidecage']you sure your cousin didnt order it : ).... i just found out my cousin ordered 1 using my credit card that is how i ended up gettin 3 rhapsody

i probally just dump the extra one on ebay for 49.99 (what i paid for it)[/QUOTE]

do you think when your cousins done with your credit card, he could throw it my way?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']do you think when your cousins done with your credit card, he could throw it my way?[/QUOTE]

i least im lucky and she said that she will cough up the 50 when it gets here. i heard some people who do this and refuse to pay. (i got an extra CC up behind a bookshelf in case i need money , i never use it) she goes man i saw this game and was like WOW. I told her i already ordered 2 of them.... So i will either Just

A. Return it and take the 15% hit
B dump it on ebay for 50
C dump it here for between 45-50 (since i would only get 42.50 if they hit me with the 15% restock fee)

[quote name='pimp tyranny']the first copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody are ending on ebay. looks like $54 shipped and $63 shipped respectively. is videogameworld1 a CAG?[/QUOTE]

Around 6 hours ago, a used complete copy went for $73, and one of the new ones went for $66. :applause:

People selling the new ones shouldn't just use the stock photo.

[quote name='slidecage']i least im lucky and she said that she will cough up the 50 when it gets here. i heard some people who do this and refuse to pay. (i got an extra CC up behind a bookshelf in case i need money , i never use it) she goes man i saw this game and was like WOW. I told her i already ordered 2 of them.... So i will either Just

A. Return it and take the 15% hit
B dump it on ebay for 50
C dump it here for between 45-50 (since i would only get 42.50 if they hit me with the 15% restock fee)[/QUOTE]

a little off-topic, but is your cousin hott...and is that why you put the CC up behind a bookshelf? so you could peek under her skirt while she reaches for it?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']a little off-topic, but is your cousin hott...and is that why you put the CC up behind a bookshelf? so you could peek under her skirt while she reaches for it?[/QUOTE]

i put it up there so i dont lose it : ) its one of those cards that you might just use 1 time a year if that . the rest of them i keep on myself. I really dont worry much about that credit card since it has a cap on it for like 500

[quote name='slidecage']i put it up there so i dont lose it : ) its one of those cards that you might just use 1 time a year if that . the rest of them i keep on myself. I really dont worry much about that credit card since it has a cap on it for like 500[/QUOTE]

so what you're trying to say is that you're going to post an up-skirt picture of your cousin within the next couple of minutes?

man im gone for one night off this post and i get back on and theres 200 more post!, my games will be in by saturday my conf. said. But i saw someone overnighted them in here, so lets up know the contents

Mine shipped, one of each, and should arrive today.

I actually have Rhapsody already. And, yes, it is quite the LW game.

The soundtrack is hilarious, albeit an Our Gang type of perfomance.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so what you're trying to say is that you're going to post an up-skirt picture of your cousin within the next couple of minutes?[/QUOTE]

im sure you would like something like that

[quote name='"Buyatari"']They aren't the people to get these. A distrubitor just announced they had these 2 titles at $38.00. Sadly this was after I bought a bunch at $50.00

Get out your umbrellas this could be another "puzzle fighter ps1" or "Resident Evil on gamecube" flood.[/quote]

a quote from a digitpress.com member. I wonder if this is true...

It would be hilarious if it were true. :D

I don't really think there's going to be a huge quantity of these, though. It just wouldn't make much sense.

[quote name='Scorch']
suikosig.jpg

It's really bad that this picture makes me depressed.

I guess they found a box of them somewhere or something.. I love these threads, though.. people get so excited to get a rare game, then when they go to sell it, they find out that the price has plummeted on ebay.. the frustration and anger is hilarious beyond comprehension, I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Ain't it great? The only people that aren't pissed are people that actually plan on playing the game. Or know how, where and when to sell it.

Dave

[quote name='Morpheus']This is 2005 and that's with little searching:
http://wire.ign.com/articles/592/592820p1.html

I don't think that Rhapsody is greatest hits. I just came into the topic to throw around facts about GH titles in my previous post, because other users were guessing at what makes a title greatest hits. But since you said: "Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face." I felt obliged to answer. Maybe you should kick yourself in the face and get your facts straight about PSX GH titles. Have a nice day.

-Morpheus[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?!

I have my facts straight thanks. SHOW ME AN ATLUS GH TITLE. Wait, there isn't one. There is absolutely no incentive for Atlus to make any of their titles GH. 90% of their games they don't even PRODUCE significant numbers of them, much less sell them. I'd argue that Disgaea was their most successful selling title of all time, and it won't be a GH title. Atlus people are not like other companies - they realize half the reason their games are remotely successful is they are NICHE titles that are hard to find. It's the antithesis of GH.

And your link doesn't mean anything, it would only help my argument. Konami would have incentive to make DDR a GH title - DDR exploded in popularity after that game was released, and since it is compatible with PS2 they could have a reasonable expectation that they could make some $. Atlus would never give the go ahead for one of their obscure titles to go GH for a system that's pretty much been dead for 3 or 4 years.

Dave

[quote name='kiun']a quote from a digitpress.com member. I wonder if this is true...[/QUOTE]

it would explain alot.. this is probably why they are acting so sketchy. Notice they havent at one point claimed that they "found" a box. In fact I emailed them and asked if they would get any more and they told me they didnt know, this made me feel as though they were. Also there was another large video game retailer on ebay that claimed to have them in stock.

Looks like I will be sending my two back at a $15 loss, unless anyone wants one for $50 + ship

man people if your worried your little game is going to crash in price then Send it back and take the 15% restock fee. im tired of hearing about "o no there is going to be so many this game is going to crash to 10-20 bucks" Good luck in ever finding a sealed copy for 10 bucks today. Also people are saying this is a greatest hits the company has said that Rhapsody will not be reprinted so its not GREATEST HITS. Man if your going to cry about it then return the freaking games ... the only risk i see on this game is if its an Import and i highly doubt it.

[quote name='asdfasdfasdf']PMed[/QUOTE]

you realize that they still have them in stock for $50 w/ free shipping and he wants to sell it for $50 plus shipping?

not to mention that he was going to take a loss of $7.50 for each, meaning he could sell it for $42.50 plus shipping

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']you realize that they still have them in stock for $50 w/ free shipping and he wants to sell it for $50 plus shipping?

not to mention that he was going to take a loss of $7.50 for each, meaning he could sell it for $42.50 plus shipping[/QUOTE]

to be honest its easier for me to send em back in than sell them at the same price (42.50) I would receive back

I can't wait for the day when they find a box of Suikoden 2.

That would be an interesting thread indeed.

Then maybe I can actually consider playing this game.

[quote name='b3b0p']I can't wait for the day when they find a box of Suikoden 2.

That would be an interesting thread indeed.

Then maybe I can actually consider playing this game.[/QUOTE]

while rhapsody may not be as sought after as suikoden 2, i think its way more rarerererer

[quote name='MightySlacker']Ain't it great? The only people that aren't pissed are people that actually plan on playing the game. Or know how, where and when to sell it.[/QUOTE]
I'm personally happy to pay $50 each, even if sometime down the road they start handing them out for free on street corners. Then again, a week ago I would've been willing pay that much for used copies of the games, so right now this price seems like a godsend. The hours of entertainment these games will provide me in the meantime will be more than worth it...

Anyway, am I the only one who hasn't gotten a confirmation number yet? I ordered fairly early on in this thread. Not that I'm too worried, but since I used Paypal there were a lot of points where something could have been lost or confused.

Okay, whoever posted a message saying something to the effect of "I hope no one posts this info at the Digital Press forums", you'll kindly know that you pissed one of their members off. (his name is norkusa).

Now those copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody are going to get bought up for sure.

Next time, please keep comments about other forums to yourself. (whoever posted that message about Digital Press)

[quote name='GunPanther']Okay, whoever posted a message saying something to the effect of "I hope no one posts this info at the Digital Press forums", you'll kindly know that you pissed one of their members off. (his name is norkusa).

Now those copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody are going to get bought up for sure.

Next time, please keep comments about other forums to yourself. (whoever posted that message about Digital Press)[/QUOTE]

okay u are a little late to the party, theyve been available for 2 days now (and likely available permanently), so if they were gonna buy em all up they would have done it already

Rarity was not my point.

Watching the value of Suikoden fall would be outright hilarious! All the Suikoden fanboys would be jumping out of buildings, committing suicide, and starting riots. We would never see the end of it.

Well, maybe that would be extreme. However, it is so popular it seems, and only for it's value, there is hardly a thread that goes by that does not mention Suikoden (and it's potential to rape buyers on the bay).

GunPanther,

Really no point in hiding the information too hard. Just look at the title of this post. Then go take a look at the front page on the right side. This thread has been stuck there for the last 2 days or so. They won't get the free shipping without being a member, but even with shipping it is a bargain compared to what it cost a few days ago to get this game, used no less.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Are you kidding?!

I have my facts straight thanks. SHOW ME AN ATLUS GH TITLE. Wait, there isn't one. There is absolutely no incentive for Atlus to make any of their titles GH. 90% of their games they don't even PRODUCE significant numbers of them, much less sell them. I'd argue that Disgaea was their most successful selling title of all time, and it won't be a GH title. Atlus people are not like other companies - they realize half the reason their games are remotely successful is they are NICHE titles that are hard to find. It's the antithesis of GH.

And your link doesn't mean anything, it would only help my argument. Konami would have incentive to make DDR a GH title - DDR exploded in popularity after that game was released, and since it is compatible with PS2 they could have a reasonable expectation that they could make some $. Atlus would never give the go ahead for one of their obscure titles to go GH for a system that's pretty much been dead for 3 or 4 years.

Dave[/QUOTE]

No, you really should kick yourself in the face.

When have I mentioned a Atlus title turning GH?

The link does mean something (explained later on in the post) and I suggest you stop trying to twist stuff into your favor especially when it makes no sense.

Quotes from you:

"why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games."

"And your link doesn't mean anything, it would only help my argument."

How does that help your argument again?

Since you had so much trouble understanding my original post I'm going to break it down easy for you. This way you can understand it better.

"This is 2005 and that's with little searching:
http://wire.ign.com/articles/592/592820p1.html"

Explanation for above quote:

As for the DDR greatest hits link. It actually doesn't help your cause. That link is in response to this part of your post: "Playstation games have all but virtually ceased to be made, why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games." The link for DDR proves that they are still making new rounds of PSX GH titles in 2005.

"I don't think that Rhapsody is greatest hits."

I tried to stay neutral in the beginning, but this is my opinion on the subject of Rhapsody turning GH and my response to this:"when the hell have you EVER seen an Atlus game go GH?"

"I just came into the topic to throw around facts about GH titles in my previous post, because other users were guessing at what makes a title greatest hits."

Re-iterating that I came into this topic to inform people about the GH title requirement. Not to be jumped all over as if I am taking the Rhapsody GH side, when I have not mentioned anything in my original post about Rhapsody turning GH. Actually, I have yet to mention that Rhapsody will become GH in any of my posts. So quit assuming I did.

"But since you said: "Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face." I felt obliged to answer."

Since you said this so rudely: "Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face." I was one of the ones that said the words "Greatest Hits" in this topic. Meaning you said that I should get a kick in the face for mentioning the words "Greatest Hits". I felt I should reply because why should I get kicked in the face for just bringing up facts about Greatest Hits process?

"Maybe you should kick yourself in the face and get your facts straight about PSX GH titles."

Explanation of above quote:

That was in response to this: "why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games." Obviously, you don't know your facts about PSX GH titles. Just so happens they made a new round of GH titles in 2005. I decided to use a similar insult line that you used.

"Have a nice day."

That brings an end to my post.

"-Morpheus"

That's a signature.

Take care.

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']No, you really should kick yourself in the face.

When have I mentioned a Atlus title turning GH?

The link does mean something (explained later on in the post) and I suggest you stop trying to twist stuff into your favor especially when it makes no sense.

Quotes from you:

"why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games."

"And your link doesn't mean anything, it would only help my argument."

How does that help your arguement again?

Since you had so much trouble understanding my original post I'm going to break it down easy for you. This way you can understand it better.

"This is 2005 and that's with little searching:
http://wire.ign.com/articles/592/592820p1.html"

As for the DDR greatest hits link. It actually doesn't help your cause. That link is in response to this part of your post: "Playstation games have all but virtually ceased to be made, why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games." The link for DDR proves that they are still making new rounds of PSX GH titles in 2005.

"I don't think that Rhapsody is greatest hits."

I tried to stay neutral in the beginning, but this is my opinion on the subject of Rhapsody turning GH and my response to this:"when the hell have you EVER seen an Atlus game go GH?"

"I just came into the topic to throw around facts about GH titles in my previous post, because other users were guessing at what makes a title greatest hits."

Re-iterating that I came into this topic to inform people about the GH title requirement. Not to be jumped all over as if I am taking the Rhapsody GH side, when I have not mentioned anything in my original post about Rhapsody turning GH. Actually, I have yet to mention that Rhapsody will become GH in any of my posts. So quit assuming I did.

"But since you said: "Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face." I felt obliged to answer."

Since you said this so rudely: "Whoever mentioned the words "Greatest Hits" should be kicked in the face." I was one of the ones that said the words "Greatest Hits" in this topic. Meaning you said that I should get a kick in the face for mentioning the words "Greatest Hits". I felt I should reply because why should I get kicked in the face for just bringing up facts about Greatest Hits process?

"Maybe you should kick yourself in the face and get your facts straight about PSX GH titles."

That was in response to this: "why the fuck would they make a new round of GH games." Obviously, you don't know your facts about PSX GH titles. Just so happens they made a new round of GH titles in 2005. I decided to use a similar insult line that you used.

"Have a nice day."

That brings an end to my post.

"-Morpheus"

That's a signature.

Take care.

-Morpheus[/QUOTE]

i am flabbergasted

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Best part of this thread: How badly Scorch got owned.[/QUOTE]

What, because I said it was out of stock? It was out of stock and then it came in stock.. that's hardly being "owned".

[quote name='Sulmona']to be honest its easier for me to send em back in than sell them at the same price (42.50) I would receive back[/QUOTE]

yea i think im going to be sending them back as well.. Stupid law book costing me 200 bucks for a 6 week class.

[quote name='Scorch']What, because I said it was out of stock? It was out of stock and then it came in stock.. that's hardly being "owned".[/QUOTE]

!!!

[quote name='b3b0p']

GunPanther,

Really no point in hiding the information too hard. Just look at the title of this post. Then go take a look at the front page on the right side. This thread has been stuck there for the last 2 days or so. They won't get the free shipping without being a member, but even with shipping it is a bargain compared to what it cost a few days ago to get this game, used no less.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see your point in not hiding the information, but as far as the free shipping for CAG forum members, norkusa is telling everyone how to use the exclusive CAG discount meant for CAG members.

A few people have already taken advantage of this and are using the CAG codes themselves.

As you can see, I have no love for the DP forums, especially since they have jerkoff moderators who freely ban users just because those users being banned don't agree with what the moderators are thinking. In other words, their moderators are thinking "Don't like my opinion? THEN I'll BAN YOU!!!!11!!!! muahahahaha!!!!!!".

Well, back to the deal.

You really think that these are going to make the prices drop a bit?

Just curious.

GunPanther

[quote name='GunPanther']Okay, I see your point in not hiding the information, but as far as the free shipping for CAG forum members, norkusa is telling everyone how to use the exclusive CAG discount meant for CAG members.[/QUOTE]

actually, the OP (who is also an employee of gamequestdirect) has posted this deal on "rival" boards w/ the "CAGFREESHIP" coupon code

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']when?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']You didn't get either [Rhapsody or Persona 2]. I tried adding both before you even thought of checking this deal out and neither were in stock.[/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']Okay. Now they're showing as in stock. That's weird.[/quote]

Gotta love that snide jackass getting pwnd right out of the thread.

bread's done
Back