Rick Rude's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Wrestlezone.com

Chris "Tatanka" Chavis posted the following yesterday on his official website www.nativeTatanka.com:

"So I was just offered a WWE contract. Stay tuned as I lose those extra pounds and get back to the old Tatanka that you remember!"

The funny thing is, this was posted on his messageboard. As was noted on Monday, anyone can post under any name at his MB. A few posts down "Chris Chavis" also posted that "Tatanka want WWE contract, but Tatanka also want Prime Rib". I think it's funny that a fairly large wrestling site is taking news from an obviously fake source.

Man, the last WWE show I went to in Cincinnati was a SmackDown taping, when Stephanie was feuding with Vince (?). The show featured a video taped interview segment that lasted for 20 minutes. I became the biggest heel in my section, screaming "boring" and other phrases at the top of my lungs (I did watch my language for the kiddies - I may be uncouth, but I'm cognizant of my surroundings). No sooner did I know it, but people were yelling and screaming at me to sit down and shut up (like they were at a fuckin' country club golf event). I believe I had a few things thrown at me, but I was so drunk I could have passed for Ted Kennedy.

To this day, my younger brother seems to hold me in high regard because I evidently tried to walk backstage to tell the Undertaker he sucked, but was told by security to go back to my seat.

So, the show being a total disappointment, I haven't gone to a WWE show since then.

Here's the lesson for the day: it won't always suck. The first show I skipped was the Raw event where Shelton Benjamin went over HHH for the very first time (and what a match it was; I kicked myself for not going). The next event, although not as memorable, was excellent as well (though I don't recall the specifics). I attended neither of those events, and kinda sorta regret it. That shit's too expensive: $30-40 on tickets, $30-40 on beer, and if I drink enough, that's when I buy WWE merchandise ('cuz I wouldn't buy inflatable John Cena hands sober).

Guyver's avatar reminds me of going to HWA shows post-WCW buyout. The WCW guys were pretty well split between OVW and HWA, but the OVW guys came up from time to time (they only were 1 hour away); I saw Sean O'Haire wrestle a few times. He struck me as an extremely slow wrestler, as if he had no idea what to do next. It made for very boring matches.

The third match I saw him in was against Leviathan (or maybe Spanky? not that it's hard to confuse those two ;)). It was, hands down, in my top five worst matches ever seen (including TV matches). At one point, O'Haire had his opponent in a rest hold, and I yelled out "Are you *always* this damn slow?"

Keep in mind, it's a small building; there are 5 rows on two sides of the ring, and no rows on the others (it's narrow, too!). It's easy to pinpoint who's yelling shit. So he looks at me and screams "this is for you!" and proceeds to obliterate his opponent (which leads me to think that it was Spanky). He becomes stiff as all hell, punching him in the face in the corner, just infuriated. Every few moves he lets out a peculiar growl, a combination of frustration, testosterone, and the realization that he went from wrestling in front of 5000 people to 60 in 3 months. After the match, he starts fronting and screaming at me. I'm not gonna lie; there weren't any barricades. There were only three rows between him and me, and nothing stopping him. I truly thought that he was gonna destroy me. So, although I tried to verbally fight back like a champ, he certainly won the day as he punked me out. It all boiled down to me responding "yeah, well you still suck" in the tiniest, mousiest voice that you ever did hear.

Which also reminds me, add the Pillman 2001 (or 2002?) show to my resume.

Who's the third guy between Puder and Kazarian?

Puder has the look of a great arrogant heel; I wonder if he's just really bad in the ring?

I had to save this. Like a time capsule, or something. I marked. I just marked out huge.

brethart0zt.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']I had to save this. Like a time capsule, or something. I marked. I just marked out huge.

brethart0zt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If Bret actually goes back to the WWE, I will lose just about every bit of respect I ever had for him.

[quote name='kittie']I read that Bret's only meeting WWE about a DVD deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but with that comes promotional shit and a guarenteed at least one appearance to whore it out on Raw.

If Bret actually goes back to the WWE, I will lose just about every bit of respect I ever had for him.

On the one hand, I agree.. on the other, money talks.

Dusty Rhodes arrives at WWE Headquarters
August 3, 2005

Dusty Rhodes has just arrived at WWE Headquarters. The former World Champion is scheduled to meet with Stephanie McMahon. WWE.com will have more on their meeting once it concludes.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Dusty Rhodes arrives at WWE Headquarters
August 3, 2005

Dusty Rhodes has just arrived at WWE Headquarters. The former World Champion is scheduled to meet with Stephanie McMahon. WWE.com will have more on their meeting once it concludes.[/QUOTE]

I love how there's a HUGE picture of Bret Hart, but there's this tiny little godawful picture of Rhodes.

I suppose this means these meetings are because of the Hall of Fame, then.

Well, even if Bret is considered a sellout or whatever, I don't care. The man is awesome, and it would be terrific to see him again.

Can you imagine the reaction in the Raw chat if he were to come out.. oh dear god.

I need more wrestling themes. Older WCW themes. I need a clear horsemen theme, mine is kinda muffled.. I don't even know if a clear version exists.

[quote name='Scorch']Can you imagine the reaction in the Raw chat if he were to come out.. oh dear god.

I need more wrestling themes. Older WCW themes. I need a clear horsemen theme, mine is kinda muffled.. I don't even know if a clear version exists.[/QUOTE]

Everyone would probably have a "Hart Attack" (bad joke, sorry) if Bret returned.

I remember the Horsemen theme. Classic. All I have is stuff from WWF, really odd and old stuff too. Well, if you ever need Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz or Bastion Booger themes, or anyone from 1984-1996, I'm your man.

So, what does everyone think Bret will do if he returns before the Hall of Fame?

Also, what does everyone think about the Lesnar situation? Many are wondering whether the "contract breakup" situation is a work or not. Maybe they are saying that talks are dead, and are planning to bring back Lesnar secretly.

This also makes me uneasy about the Bret Hart situation. That would be a double "Hart Attack" if they said that Bret wasn't coming back, and they brought him back as a surprise. But then again, if they say no, it could mean no. Or they could be making up this whole story.

Oh, God, now I'm having a headache...

GODfuckINGDAMMIT!!!

Ever since I barely glanced at that picture of Rhodes, my head keeps playing his theme music.

"AAAAAAAMMMERRRRIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAANNNN....DREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM"

*cowbellbowbellcowbellcowbell*

"He's just a common man..."

That's about all I remember, but the cow bell is really starting to piss me off.

I hope Bret doesn't show on TV... because you know Vince will fuck him over somehow.

Plus, a Bret DVD would be in high demand... would instantly be a Top 3 selling WWE DVD.

The Bret Hart DVD has already been confirmed. It's a 3 disc set with a planned November release.

I really hope Bret, my favorite wrestler of all time, allows himself to be inducted into the Hall of Fame next year. I plan on attending WrestleMania and the HoF ceremony (I missed the HoF when I went to Mania this year) since many of my friends from back home in Illinois, especially those who wrestle for NMW, are wanting to get tickets to the show.

I marked out when Hulk Hogan appeared at the Staples Center for WM21. If I saw Bret Hart live, I'd literally have a heart attack, no pun intended.

[quote name='kittie']I hope Bret doesn't show on TV... because you know Vince will fuck him over somehow.

Plus, a Bret DVD would be in high demand... would instantly be a Top 3 selling WWE DVD.[/QUOTE]

There is a Bret DVD set coming out. That "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story" that everyone mentions seems to be our wish for a DVD set somewhat fulfilled. It's 3 discs, and you know that a documentary about the screwjob would only take up 1 disc.

Seeing that title, and other titles like "The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" makes me wonder if WWE is going to bash their legends (well, Hart is a legend, anyway) with DVD sets. What's next? "Cocaine & Pythons: The Jake Roberts Story"?

I'm torn. I'd like to see Bret again, and chances are any TNA appearance would simply be a rehash of his bitterness towards WWE.

At the same time, after seeing how quickly Matt Hardy lost any momentum after shaking Vince's hand, I think that Bret would lose a lot of favor when he does return (a return I consider inevitable).

One of the only people who has the courage to stay away from Vince is the Ultimate Warrior. As much as I would hate to give that putrid hatemonger any praise, the only reason he has stayed away is because he sued successfully to own his character. If he hadn't, he'd be suckling from Vince's teat right now like everybody else. Warrior has no character, it's merely circumstance.

[quote name='mykevermin']GODfuckINGDAMMIT!!!

Ever since I barely glanced at that picture of Rhodes, my head keeps playing his theme music.

"AAAAAAAMMMERRRRIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAANNNN....DREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM"

*cowbellbowbellcowbellcowbell*

"He's just a common man..."

That's about all I remember, but the cow bell is really starting to piss me off.[/QUOTE]

"A hard working common man...Heee'ssss the AMMMMMERRRRRRIIIIIICANNNN DREEEEEEE-EEEAMMMMM"

[quote name='zzl365']"A hard working common man...Heee'ssss the AMMMMMERRRRRRIIIIIICANNNN DREEEEEEE-EEEAMMMMM"[/QUOTE]

I have the song if you all want to have a karaoke contest. :)

[quote name='mykevermin'] If he hadn't, he'd be suckling from Vince's teat right now like everybody else. [/QUOTE]

Vince's teat is much worse to have stuck in your head than Dusty Rhodes theme....:whistle2:#

[quote name='Matt Young']The Bret Hart DVD has already been confirmed. It's a 3 disc set with a planned November release.[/QUOTE]

When did we say it wasn't confirmed? It's been confirmed for a long time.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Keep in mind, it's a small building; there are 5 rows on two sides of the ring, and no rows on the others (it's narrow, too!). It's easy to pinpoint who's yelling shit. So he looks at me and screams "this is for you!" and proceeds to obliterate his opponent (which leads me to think that it was Spanky). He becomes stiff as all hell, punching him in the face in the corner, just infuriated. Every few moves he lets out a peculiar growl, a combination of frustration, testosterone, and the realization that he went from wrestling in front of 5000 people to 60 in 3 months. After the match, he starts fronting and screaming at me. I'm not gonna lie; there weren't any barricades. There were only three rows between him and me, and nothing stopping him. I truly thought that he was gonna destroy me. So, although I tried to verbally fight back like a champ, he certainly won the day as he punked me out. It all boiled down to me responding "yeah, well you still suck" in the tiniest, mousiest voice that you ever did hear.

[/QUOTE]

One of the house shows I went to I was sitting in the 3rd row, and for some reason felt compelled to do the Hardy Boyz gun thing, at which point Matt pointed at me and then did the same thing.

Speaking of Matt, how over would he be had he given Vince the twist-of-fate instead of shaking his hand? He really should've, and said that's for firing me or something like that. It would've been brilliant, and the crowd would've gone nuts.

Oh, and after reading the SD/Velocity spoilers, I just have one question... why is Garrison Cade still on the roster?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Vince's teat is much worse to have stuck in your head than Dusty Rhodes theme....:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Which brings me to my next point: why hasn't anyone joined the Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club lately?

From WWE.com:

UPDATE
Bret Hart arrives at WWE Headquarters
August 3, 2005

Former WWE Champion Bret Hart has arrived at WWE Headquarters. The “Hit Man” will be meeting with WWE officials regarding the possibility of an upcoming DVD. Hart will be in Stamford for the remainder of the week. WWE.com will have further updates as more information becomes available.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Which brings me to my next point: why hasn't anyone joined the Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club lately?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kittie']He'd tear both quads again due to such impact.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='JSweeney']If Bret actually goes back to the WWE, I will lose just about every bit of respect I ever had for him.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, it's my belief that what happened to Bret Hart is at least partially his own fault, and I'd have a lot more respect for him if he'd just let it go already and come back to make some money.

Remember when "The Dungeon" was sold? Maybe they have other reasons, but I can't imagine why the Harts would have let it go unless they were really hurting. A few appearances for WWE and a "retro t-shirt" could make a ton of money.

[quote name='Scorch']When did we say it wasn't confirmed? It's been confirmed for a long time.[/QUOTE]

The way kittie's post was worded made me believe she wasn't aware of that fact, so I was filling her in.

Taken from ProWrestling.com:

Bret Hart nearly missed his meeting today with WWE officials. His plane was scheduled to leave Toronto last night but was postponed due to a plane crash at the airport earlier in the day He has made it to Connecticut today and they are working hard on the DVD this week.

Sounds like Bret is staying at Stamford this week to do interviews and such for the DVD set. If that's so, the DVD set is looking better. Hopefully it won't be a one-sided WWE-loving affair.

Also, ProWrestling.com said that Dusty Rhodes' meeting may be regarding a possible SmackDown! writer's job.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Taken from ProWrestling.com:

Bret Hart nearly missed his meeting today with WWE officials. His plane was scheduled to leave Toronto last night but was postponed due to a plane crash at the airport earlier in the day He has made it to Connecticut today and they are working hard on the DVD this week.

Sounds like Bret is staying at Stamford this week to do interviews and such for the DVD set. If that's so, the DVD set is looking better. Hopefully it won't be a one-sided WWE-loving affair. [/QUOTE]

Awesome.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Also, ProWrestling.com said that Dusty Rhodes' meeting may be regarding a possible SmackDown! writer's job.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch! NO!

I don't know how much I'd trust prowrestling.com, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']The way kittie's post was worded made me believe she wasn't aware of that fact, so I was filling her in.[/QUOTE]

I do recall hearing about it before, but as I never buy WWE merchandise, it didn't stick. :p

Ooh, goody.

Dusty can take over for Teddy Long, and Melina and Torrie can fight over him.

And Dustin can have another job.

[quote name='kittie']Ooh, goody.

Dusty can take over for Teddy Long, and Melina and Torrie can fight over him.

And Dustin can have another job.[/QUOTE]

If Dustin is back as Goldust, I won't mind that much. Sometimes Goldust was funny.

Also, taken from WWE.com:

UPDATE
Dusty Rhodes meeting over
August 3, 2005

Dusty Rhodes’ meeting with Stephanie McMahon has ended. When asked about the meeting, McMahon responded:

“Dusty is an incredible asset both creatively and as a talent. We are exploring all possibilities of working with Dusty in the future.”

dude, goldust was one of the best gimmicks of the past 10 years. and the shattered dreams is still one of the few moves that still makes me cringe when watching it.

Time for Saucy Jack's wrestling news. Brought to you by... ah, Christ! I can't find it! The hell with it...!

Tatanka updated his website, saying not to believe anything you read on the forums, and that he will be in touch with WWE this week to talk about future work possibilities. He says that if, and when, something happens, he will issue an official statement.

Four Horsemen and Starrcade DVDs are in the works, according to PWInsider. Dusty Rhodes' meeting at WWE may pave the way for past WCW workers to appear on upcoming "Legends" DVD and TV programs.

The Boogeyman blew out both his knees at a Vermont house show. He was wrestling Stevie Richards.

The Rock is doing a cop movie with Ryan Reynolds.

Harley Race, British Bulldog, Ultimate Warrior, early 80s afro-ed Andre the Giant, Gorilla Monsoon, Superstar Billy Graham, Jimmy Hart, Don Muraco, and WCW mulleted Eddie Guerrero are part of the latest WWE Classic Superstars action figure line. Check out pictures at RingsideCollectibles.com

That's pretty much it for now, so... whatever...

[quote name='gigan54']dude, goldust was one of the best gimmicks of the past 10 years. and the shattered dreams is still one of the few moves that still makes me cringe when watching it.[/QUOTE]

yea I have no problem with a return of Dustin. That gimmick was great and they could always use some more decent talent on Smackdown.Plus Booker ain't doing anything in the singles division, so Booker and Dustin could reunite as a tag team and give that division a boost.

and Dusty Rhoades can't do much worse than the current Smackdown writers. That whole Dominic thing is retarded and shows how bad smackdown is

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The Boogeyman blew out both his knees at a Vermont house show. He was wrestling Stevie Richards.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[quote name='gigan54']dude, goldust was one of the best gimmicks of the past 10 years. and the shattered dreams is still one of the few moves that still makes me cringe when watching it.[/QUOTE]

That's IF Dustin goes back as Goldust... he was great in the character, but apparently he hates it.

As just Dustin Rhodes, he's the most boring wrestler there is.

If anyone has the Encore Action channel, turn it on. They're showing this movie with Hulk Hogan called "Ultimate Weapon." Hulk Hogan looks just plain weird with that odd hairstyle they gave him. Ick...

EDIT: Here's a picture. Horrible wig...

B00004TJLX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[quote name='Saucy Jack']If anyone has the Encore Action channel, turn it on. They're showing this movie with Hulk Hogan called "Ultimate Weapon." Hulk Hogan looks just plain weird with that odd hairstyle they gave him. Ick...

EDIT: Here's a picture. Horrible wig...

B00004TJLX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol odd indeed. i almost didn't recognize him. he looks strange without the 'stache

[quote name='GuilewasNK']How the hell do you blow out both knees anyway?[/QUOTE]
I read somewhere he hyper-extended both knees, which seems quite a bit more possible. Man, I am dreading seeing this kind of character on my tv. Super-natural characters don't work anymore, Kane and the Undertaker are exceptions, not the rule (and neither of them are even as super-natural as they used to be).

[quote name='Saucy Jack']

Four Horsemen and Starrcade DVDs are in the works, according to PWInsider. Dusty Rhodes' meeting at WWE may pave the way for past WCW workers to appear on upcoming "Legends" DVD and TV programs.

[/QUOTE]

ah awesome wcw dvds !

[quote name='GuilewasNK']How the hell do you blow out both knees anyway?[/QUOTE]

HOW VINCE MCMAHON INJURED HIS OTHER QUAD
By: Joey Styles
2/17/2005 12:40:10 PM

Vince McMahon suffered torn quad tendons in both legs at the Royal Rumble and had surgery to repair the damage.

The quad tendon in his right leg was damaged when he attempted to slide into the ring at the end of the Royal Rumble match.

The injury to the quad tendon in his left leg apparently happened backstage when he attempted to walk from the building unassisted. The word we get is that Shane McMahon approached his father to help him from the building and that Vince McMahon said he didn't need any help. We're told that after taking a few steps and putting all of his weight on the left leg to compensate for the injury to his right leg, his leg buckled and he suffered the tear to the left quad.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Time for Saucy Jack's wrestling news. Brought to you by... ah, Christ! I can't find it! The hell with it...!

Tatanka updated his website, saying not to believe anything you read on the forums, and that he will be in touch with WWE this week to talk about future work possibilities. He says that if, and when, something happens, he will issue an official statement.

The Boogeyman blew out both his knees at a Vermont house show. He was wrestling Stevie Richards.

The Rock is doing a cop movie with Ryan Reynolds.

Harley Race, British Bulldog, Ultimate Warrior, early 80s afro-ed Andre the Giant, Gorilla Monsoon, Superstar Billy Graham, Jimmy Hart, Don Muraco, and WCW mulleted Eddie Guerrero are part of the latest WWE Classic Superstars action figure line. Check out pictures at RingsideCollectibles.com

That's pretty much it for now, so... whatever...[/QUOTE]

2005_cs7p_set.jpg

I was always a fan of Goldust. Those Booker T/Goldust segments were classic. Actually Goldust was hilarious before that too, when he went around pretending to be different characters like Dusty-Dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back