Rick Rude's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Saucy Jack']The Boogeyman blew out both his knees at a Vermont house show. He was wrestling Stevie Richards.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like after getting injured twice in matches with Chris Masters, Richards has decided to work the new scrubs a little harder. :lol:

[quote name='kittie']HOW VINCE MCMAHON INJURED HIS OTHER QUAD
By: Joey Styles
2/17/2005 12:40:10 PM

Vince McMahon suffered torn quad tendons in both legs at the Royal Rumble and had surgery to repair the damage.

The quad tendon in his right leg was damaged when he attempted to slide into the ring at the end of the Royal Rumble match.

The injury to the quad tendon in his left leg apparently happened backstage when he attempted to walk from the building unassisted. The word we get is that Shane McMahon approached his father to help him from the building and that Vince McMahon said he didn't need any help. We're told that after taking a few steps and putting all of his weight on the left leg to compensate for the injury to his right leg, his leg buckled and he suffered the tear to the left quad.[/QUOTE]

Get away from me, Shane! I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon, dammit! I'm a billionaire! I don't need anyone's help! *SNAP* Oh, fuck, my leg!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I was always a fan of Goldust. Those Booker T/Goldust segments were classic. Actually Goldust was hilarious before that too, when he went around pretending to be different characters like Dusty-Dust![/QUOTE]

I liked the time he dressed up as Darth Vader in his promo with Booker.

That was a riot. I also liked the stuttering gimmick after he was "electrocuted" (it's been done to death but he did it well).

[quote name='neocisco']Get away from me, Shane! I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon, dammit! I'm a billionaire! I don't need anyone's help! *SNAP* Oh, fuck, my leg![/QUOTE]

Does anyone have the Royal Rumble DVD from this year? I wouldn't be surprised if Vince edited his flub with CGI, or by intercutting old footage of himself with the referees.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Does anyone have the Royal Rumble DVD from this year? I wouldn't be surprised if Vince edited his flub with CGI, or by intercutting old footage of himself with the referees.[/QUOTE]

ha, I actually still have that PPV on here

[quote name='neocisco']That was a riot. I also liked the stuttering gimmick after he was "electrocuted" (it's been done to death but he did it well).[/QUOTE]

The stuttering gimmick seems to be a death sentence as far as a WWE career is concerned.

I think I laughed the hardest when Booker was wandering around 7-11 looking for Booker T cups while he got his "good luck pre-ritual slurpee on" (whatever the fuck that means), he then proceeds to taunt an RVD cardboard cut out, and then of course he runs into Goldust... who was poorly disguised as Latrell Sprewell. :rofl:

If you would just allow me to have a drink of your slurpee... I'll give you... a bite of my WEINER!

:rofl: oh man that still kills me to this day

I still heavily favor their review of "The Scorpion King."

"I'm the five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champ; and I got a sword, too!"

Funny how Big Dust gets shrugged off so quickly in favor of his son (would Dustin ever have forseen that happening?)

Also, I would dispute kittie's claim that Dustin hated the Goldust character; actually, he strikes me as a total nutcase and a severe sexual deviant. This character allows him to express "himself" (for lack of a better term) and also avoid being a "Wrestler's kid."

In other words, by being Goldust, he's not Erik Watts. Has he successfully killed himself yet, BTW?

[quote name='mykevermin']Has he successfully killed himself yet, BTW?[/QUOTE]

I wish, he's still some place, draggin his jeans wearin' sleeveless shirt no talent ass to indy shows out in the midwest signin' Golddust figures for chubby kids.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I wish, he's still some place, draggin his jeans wearin' sleeveless shirt no talent ass to indy shows out in the midwest signin' Golddust figures for chubby kids.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I meant Erik Watts. Regardless of which one you're talking about, the description is completely apt.

[quote name='mykevermin']I still heavily favor their review of "The Scorpion King."

"I'm the five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champ; and I got a sword, too!"

[/QUOTE]

i loved that segment!!!!

I have a bunch of those Booker T/Goldust segments on my computer. Funny stuff... :)

I'm surprised that no one mentioned this. Or if they did, I apologize. WWE.com final update on the Bret situation:

Bret Hart and WWE have agreed on a deal for an upcoming DVD chronicling the amazing career of the Hit Man. Bret will be in Stamford over the next several days working on the DVD.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I have a bunch of those Booker T/Goldust segments on my computer. Funny stuff... :)

I'm surprised that no one mentioned this. Or if they did, I apologize. WWE.com final update on the Bret situation:

Bret Hart and WWE have agreed on a deal for an upcoming DVD chronicling the amazing career of the Hit Man. Bret will be in Stamford over the next several days working on the DVD.[/QUOTE]

I really hope they end up changing the name of that DVD. How about "A Really Good Wrestler: The Bret Hart Story"?

It should be "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be: The Story of Bret Hart." Or maybe just "The Best There Ever Will Be."

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I really hope they end up changing the name of that DVD. How about "A Really Good Wrestler: The Bret Hart Story"?[/QUOTE]

good? he was one of the best.

God Who The Hell Is This Julian Hall Bytch....this Is The Stupidest Thing Ive Ever Seen. Smackdown Writers Are So Stupid. Id Figure It Would Be A One Time Thing

[quote name='guyver2077']God Who The Hell Is This Julian Hall Bytch....this Is The Stupidest Thing Ive Ever Seen. Smackdown Writers Are So Stupid. Id Figure It Would Be A One Time Thing[/QUOTE]

Hell if I know.

I don't have a problem with her as much as I have a problem with the stupid ass gimmick the writers gave her.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']All I know is that thing on her face should be blurred and not Melina's ass.[/QUOTE]

why did they blur that last week??

why the fuck is JBL getting another shot at the strap? if they put it back on him , that'd be lame as hell. JBL isn't even a good heel. i can't wait till brock comes back! *suggestively coughs* lesnar vs. batista. i had to make the last statement even though it is so fucking obvious.

That mole is AWESOME! Who gets paid more than I do to write this fucking shit?

I don't care if they get fired, I just want to slap them in the fucking face because I'm ashamed of them!

The mole is just embarassing. I dare say it's the poorest thing written by "creative" ever. It's even worse for Jillian. She was a fairly ugly girl that did tons of work to look decent for TV... then, they saddle her with this absolutely pointless "gimmick". Is this supposed to be funny? Gross us out? I doubt even 11 year olds are falling for this... it's just a way to kill this woman's career.

I'm out of town and didn't see Smackdown. Did they blur out shots of Melina again!? If so, I'm definitely not going to Smackdown here on 9/6. One of the few good things about that show and UPN obscures it. It's gonna be Joey Styles EXTREME, 8/20, Atlanta!

[quote name='SIUfan86']good? he was one of the best.[/QUOTE]

Whatever the verbiage, it's a shame that someone as talented as Bret Hart is going to be best remembered for something political, especially since he half brought it on himself.

As for the whole Jillian Hall thing, it's a damn shame she's been stuck with this shit, because she cut a pretty damn good promo.

[quote name='guyver2077']why did they blur that last week??[/QUOTE]

Because of Janet's nipple, GTA's Hot Coffee, Muhammad Hassanand anything else that causes controversy on TV. Not once did they EVER blur Rikishi's ass. :roll: Melina really needs to be on Raw anyway IMO.

Now I know why that current picture of Bret looks odd. According to reports, he has shaved his head.

I guess he just did that recently. He still had the long hair in the photo of himself and his wife on his website, and that photo is from June.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I really hope they end up changing the name of that DVD. How about "A Really Good Wrestler: The Bret Hart Story"?[/QUOTE]
I am sure they will, it had to be one of the things that he agreed on. In past interview he has said it is something he would like to touch on, not dwell on. The rest of his time in the WWF is the better part of his wrestling career.

[quote name='ECW_fan']I am sure they will, it had to be one of the things that he agreed on. In past interview he has said it is something he would like to touch on, not dwell on. The rest of his time in the WWF is the better part of his wrestling career.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope they change the title. The only problem is that some retailers already have the title in their system as "Screwed." But that shouldn't be a huge problem changing the title, should it?

A lot of people are talking about Bret possibly appearing at SummerSlam or Survivor Series. I was thinking about it, and here's what I could come up with so far:

SummerSlam: Bret appears and costs HBK the win as "revenge." His appearance would be early enough so that it could be included in the main documentary or as a DVD extra. Also, RAW being in Montreal the week before would help set up an appearance.

Survivor Series: The November timeframe would be perfect, since the DVD releases in November. Also, Bret was screwed at Survivor Series, so it would be a fitting event for his "revenge."

Also, I've heard of other people's thoughts, and some suggested that HBK should pull an "Edge & Matt Hardy fooling" by cutting a promo in Montreal, and having Bret's music interrupt him. HBK would then say that he had the music play as a practical joke. Bret would then show up at SummerSlam unannounced for "revenge." I don't think this is likely because HBK already turned down Hogan's idea of having Nick or Brooke Hogan superkicked by HBK, because he "didn't want to be a full-blown, hated superheel."

Personally, I'm just happy that Bret and Vince are on decent terms again, and that Bret will be a part of the DVD set. But God, I would mark out so hard if I heard the familiar guitar squeal and drum beats, and I saw the Hitman in a WWE ring again.

Also, I'd like everyone's opinion on something:

My cousin made me an offer regarding SummerSlam. He'll pay half the PPV bill and provide food if we'll order it and let him watch at our house. Is it worth $17.50 for SummerSlam?

Depends on the food. Are we talking cheesy poofs or good food?

Of course, it is a good deal. I can't afford to buy too many PPVs, and being impoverished in the summer more than any time of year gave both of us a good indication of how much more painful a bill w/ PPV charges on it can be.

SummerSlam is going to get my seal of approval, though; I'd love to watch it.

- TNT, the team of Garrison Cade and Trevor Murdoch (Rhodes) will be heels once they debut on WWE television.

- Before WWE dropped the Hassan gimmick, Mark Copani (Hassan) turned down even more hardcore anti-American angles which drew him heat with the company.

- Sabu told TNA workers that he turned down WWE's contract offer because Vince McMahon doesn't respect his style.

Credit: Gerweck.net

Source: PWInsider.com

Vince McMahon has sent word down through WWE that he wants cruiserweights to tone down several risky high flying moves, unofficially banning maneuvers such as the 450 splash and the shooting star press.

Apparently the number of injuries has caused McMahon to decide that high flying risky maneuvers are simply not worth it. The unofficial ban actually went into effect around two weeks ago and when Paul London used the shooting star press against Nunzio on a recent edition of Velocity, he was told by company officials not to use it again and to come up with a different finisher.

London along with other WWE cruiserweights are upset about having to tone down their style. Many in the industry are comparing this unofficial ban to the ban of the tombstone piledriver where WWE officials only let the Undertaker and Kane use it in dramatic situations.

Employer: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Position: Play-by-Play Announcer
Salary (US$): no information provided
Posted: 8/2/2005
Apply By: 9/2/2005
Description:

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is looking to hire a new play-by-play announcer for some of their shows. ("Raw", alone, receives an average of 5 million viewers a week)…. This is a HUGE opportunity for anyone in broadcasting who is ready to step up or make a step over….

Rate: To be discussed

Start date: most likely September

PLAY-BY-PLAY ANNOUNCER: male, late 20's, 30's, 40's…. preferably 30's…. should be seasoned and have some sports broadcasting under their belt… Great if they are familiar with WWE. Play-by-play announcing experience is a huge plus!!!... But we are open to seeing all types.

Please submit by VHS tape only.

How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Veronica Powell
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd #449
Studio City California 91604

[quote name='guyver2077']Employer: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Position: Play-by-Play Announcer
Salary (US$): no information provided
Posted: 8/2/2005
Apply By: 9/2/2005
Description:

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is looking to hire a new play-by-play announcer for some of their shows. ("Raw", alone, receives an average of 5 million viewers a week)…. This is a HUGE opportunity for anyone in broadcasting who is ready to step up or make a step over….

Rate: To be discussed

Start date: most likely September

PLAY-BY-PLAY ANNOUNCER: male, late 20's, 30's, 40's…. preferably 30's…. should be seasoned and have some sports broadcasting under their belt… Great if they are familiar with WWE. Play-by-play announcing experience is a huge plus!!!... But we are open to seeing all types.

Please submit by VHS tape only.

How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Veronica Powell
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd #449
Studio City California 91604[/QUOTE]

goodbye King

Taken from WWE.com:

It was a sight many fans never thought they would see again, until now. Bret Hart and Vince McMahon met face to face today before shooting began for the upcoming DVD chronicling the Hit Man's career.

During shooting, McMahon and Hart both talked about Bret's beginnings, SummerSlam 1992, the historic Owen Hart-Bret Hart rivalry, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the infamous Montreal incident, Bret's jump to WCW and much more.

Afterwards, the Hit Man said he was "happy with how everything went today," regarding the Bret Hart-WWE joint production.

Check out WWE.com for a picture that you'd never thought you'd see...

BretandVince.jpg

:shock:

OMG!

[quote name='BustaUppa']
BretandVince.jpg

:shock:

OMG![/QUOTE]

Never thought I would live to see that...

Here's a pic of the Ultimate Warrior dvd art.

001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back