Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BustaUppa']
BretandVince.jpg

:shock:

OMG![/QUOTE]

The THIRD ANTI CHRIST

AHHHHH

[quote name='guyver2077']Employer: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Position: Play-by-Play Announcer
Salary (US$): no information provided
Posted: 8/2/2005
Apply By: 9/2/2005
Description:

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is looking to hire a new play-by-play announcer for some of their shows. ("Raw", alone, receives an average of 5 million viewers a week)…. This is a HUGE opportunity for anyone in broadcasting who is ready to step up or make a step over….

Rate: To be discussed

Start date: most likely September

PLAY-BY-PLAY ANNOUNCER: male, late 20's, 30's, 40's…. preferably 30's…. should be seasoned and have some sports broadcasting under their belt… Great if they are familiar with WWE. Play-by-play announcing experience is a huge plus!!!... But we are open to seeing all types.

Please submit by VHS tape only.

How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
Veronica Powell
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd #449
Studio City California 91604[/QUOTE]

I could have this job. No doubt. But I don't want it. I mean, would you? Really? How hard does your life have to suck that you would just sign up for this? It's not like WWE is on a high note right now so what's the point?

[quote name='O.D.D']Source: PWInsider.com

Vince McMahon has sent word down through WWE that he wants cruiserweights to tone down several risky high flying moves, unofficially banning maneuvers such as the 450 splash and the shooting star press.

Apparently the number of injuries has caused McMahon to decide that high flying risky maneuvers are simply not worth it. The unofficial ban actually went into effect around two weeks ago and when Paul London used the shooting star press against Nunzio on a recent edition of Velocity, he was told by company officials not to use it again and to come up with a different finisher.

London along with other WWE cruiserweights are upset about having to tone down their style. Many in the industry are comparing this unofficial ban to the ban of the tombstone piledriver where WWE officials only let the Undertaker and Kane use it in dramatic situations.[/QUOTE]

ARE YOU fuckING KIDDING ME!?

WWE gets rid of Billy Kidman so someone who actually knows how to do a decent shooting star press can use it, and they ban the move. Un-fucking-believable. This has got to be because of Juvi fucking up the 450 splash.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']ARE YOU fuckING KIDDING ME!?

WWE gets rid of Billy Kidman so someone who actually knows how to do a decent shooting star press can use it, and they ban the move. Un-fucking-believable. This has got to be because of Juvi fucking up the 450 splash.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is fucking stupid.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']ARE YOU fuckING KIDDING ME!?

WWE gets rid of Billy Kidman so someone who actually knows how to do a decent shooting star press can use it, and they ban the move. Un-fucking-believable. This has got to be because of Juvi fucking up the 450 splash.[/QUOTE]I have the same feeling, but I can understand WWE's position on it, even if it's very disappointing. But after this, the Brock incident from Wrestlemania XIX, and what happened with Kidman and Chavo last year, it'd be really hard to argue to Vince to allow it. This is despite that guys like Akio and London could pull it off a million times (and usually, beautifully) without hurting themselves or their opponents.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I could have this job. No doubt. But I don't want it. I mean, would you? Really? How hard does your life have to suck that you would just sign up for this? It's not like WWE is on a high note right now so what's the point?[/QUOTE]

I'm really tempted to audition for it. It's a ticket "in" you know, and who knows, if you can get your foot in the door, toss around a few ideas, well hell maybe I could get hired as a writer.

Could you imagine Jimmie and I doing commentary on a show... oh how the Monsoon/Heenan influence would shine through.

Oh... so I had this really strange dream last night, that I shall share with you all.

I dreamt WWE posted on their website that they released a few more minor wrestlers. Well, the releases gave WCW just enough wrestlers to pull from to start a new promotion. So, WCW re-launches, I'm not sure what the name was exactly, but it was essentially WCW.

So, I turn it on and all to check it out, as it seems to have picked up at its old 8pm time slot. Well anyhow all of a sudden there's Edge... I'm thinking WTF, and then he brings out Christian, which prompts Matt AND Jeff Hardy to run down and fight them.

Very strange dream, it gets stranger as more WWE talent shows up in the form of Snitsky, JBL, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit.

Just thought I'd share...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Oh... so I had this really strange dream last night, that I shall share with you all.

I dreamt WWE posted on their website that they released a few more minor wrestlers. Well, the releases gave WCW just enough wrestlers to pull from to start a new promotion. So, WCW re-launches, I'm not sure what the name was exactly, but it was essentially WCW.

So, I turn it on and all to check it out, as it seems to have picked up at its old 8pm time slot. Well anyhow all of a sudden there's Edge... I'm thinking WTF, and then he brings out Christian, which prompts Matt AND Jeff Hardy to run down and fight them.

Very strange dream, it gets stranger as more WWE talent shows up in the form of Snitsky, JBL, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit.

Just thought I'd share...[/QUOTE]

thats messed up man. I never dream about wrestling

[quote name='smellhasreturned']thats messed up man. I never dream about wrestling[/QUOTE]

Really? I dream about it all the time... rarely do I dream about watching it, but I'd say at least once a month I dream about actually being an on-air personality or signing some sort of deal with Vince McMahon, but I'm just a strange horse I guess.

Regarding WWE coming to Nashville.. yes, I have my tickets. September 5th. Fairly close to the ring. As far as the Raw chat that night, i'll start it before I leave the house, which'll be rougly two hours before the event starts. If the connection dies, someone else can do the Raw chat.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Really? I dream about it all the time... rarely do I dream about watching it, but I'd say at least once a month I dream about actually being an on-air personality or signing some sort of deal with Vince McMahon, but I'm just a strange horse I guess.[/QUOTE]

When I dream about wrestling, I usually dream about different angles (like d-x comming back), and sometimes about myself being in matches.

I once dreamed I was fu(kin Molly Holly in the ass in the mens bathroom at the old Boston Garden. That's kinda the same thing.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I once dreamed I was fu(kin Molly Holly in the ass in the mens bathroom at the old Boston Garden. That's kinda the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Nice

[quote name='JimmieMac']I once dreamed I was fu(kin Molly Holly in the ass in the mens bathroom at the old Boston Garden. That's kinda the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Well someone's gotta ask:

Before or after she shaved her head?

Oh and guyver, where did you find that link? It doesn't specify how long the tape should be, a friend of mine is actually remotely interested in doing one of these for the hell of it, and I'm thinking why not do commentary on a whole match or two.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well someone's gotta ask:

Before or after she shaved her head?

Oh and guyver, where did you find that link? It doesn't specify how long the tape should be, a friend of mine is actually remotely interested in doing one of these for the hell of it, and I'm thinking why not do commentary on a whole match or two.[/QUOTE]

When she had he long hair and the cape.

Everyone knows Kamala right?

Kamala.jpg

Does anybody know anything about him outside the ring? I always pictured him being a full contrast from his in-ring gimmick, possibly talking in an english accent and liking to discuss Shakespeare while smoking a pipe.

Anyone know anything?

[quote name='evilmax17']Everyone knows Kamala right?

Kamala.jpg

Does anybody know anything about him outside the ring? I always pictured him being a full contrast from his in-ring gimmick, possibly talking in an english accent and liking to discuss Shakespeare while smoking a pipe.

Anyone know anything?[/QUOTE]

Anything will be fine, as long as it's not JimmieMac saying he dreamed that he fucked him in the ass in the mens bathroom of the old Boston Garden.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Mighty Molly[/QUOTE]

Mmm... Molly... I've always loved Molly. If you have the "Before They Were Superstars Vol. 1" DVD, there's an extra with her first match on it. You should check out the outfit she's wearing... that's all I'll say... :drool:

About Kamala, I think he's done a shoot DVD, but I haven't seen it. For all we know, he's a successful businessman like Vader is in real life.

Whomever claimed that the Bret DVD would be renamed "The Best There Ever Was..." is correct, according to PWInsider.com.

Big Vito debuted on Velocity last night, as many of us know, helping Nunzio win not only his first match in 11 years, but the Cruiserweight title as well. I also realized that Paul London's wrestling ability is inversely related to his promo ability. To put it in JimmieMac terms, I'd rather be assfucked by Mighty Molly than listen to another London promo.

I came to the conclusion that Homicide will never go to the WWE, only because he serves as a stark reminder that John Cena is only 10% Fresh Prince, and 90% Carlton Banks.

Having sold 3 "WWF" dvds for $150, the WrestleMania box set for $130, and WM 20 and 21 for $45, I now have enough money not only for my kilt, but for a good portion of the WrestleMania DVD set as well. Sweet.

Wrestlemania 2000, X-Seven, and X-8. X-Seven is apparently the most valuable of the bunch, and they went within 4 hours as a Buy It Now, so you could get more money if you really wanted.

Also, WrestleMania XV DVD will sell for a mint.

Ha, I see those collecting dust on the shelf all the time. I might grab them with some store credit then. Had no idea that they were woth anything.

I think that pretty much anything with the letters "WWF" on it are worth something (though I haven't checked), if it's on DVD. VHS aren't worth anything yet.

I'm kinda torn, because I know that they'll edit out all the "WWF" mentions when the WrestleMania set is released. But considering what I can sell these for, it's a pretty trivial trade-off.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wrestlemania 2000, X-Seven, and X-8. X-Seven is apparently the most valuable of the bunch, and they went within 4 hours as a Buy It Now, so you could get more money if you really wanted.

Also, WrestleMania XV DVD will sell for a mint.[/QUOTE]

I have 16-21 on DVD. Now I'm really torn on whether to sell them or not. That would help me pay for a great deal of the WrestleMania set, but how badly would the new DVDs be censored... and would any of the extras from the set carry over to the new boxset?

The 2nd disc on WrestleMania 2000 is nice; it's basically a recap of all the WrestleManias up to 2000. But with the boxset, the disc would be worthless, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure if that's the WrestleMania, but I think WM X-Seven is the one with the completely useless bonus features. The bonus features are comprised of footage shown during the broadcast, but edited by itself to stand alone... if you know what I mean.

I have the harder to find version of WrestleMania X8, that contains a 3rd disc. The 3rd disc is "WrestleMania: The Complete Insider's History," which is the same DVD that comes with that WrestleMania book they put out a few years ago. I suppose that if you have all the WrestleManias, the disc is useless.

To sell, or not to sell? What do you all think? All the DVDs are in excellent condition, only watched a few times... and I didn't pay more than $30 shipped for any of them.

Now it's time for Saucy Jack's wrestling news! Brought to you by Cuddly Soft...

Taken from PWInsider.com:

Bret Hart's official website announced that the 3 DVD Hart retrospective being released by World Wrestling Entertainment this November is now titled, "The Bret Hart Story: The Best There Is, Was, and Ever Will Be", replacing the previously announced "Screwed" title. While at WWE Headquarters, Hart filmed a seven hour interview that will be interspersed into the DVD set. Hart's website described the experience as, "nothing but positive and this project will be the happy ending that all of Bret's fans have waited eight long years for."

Head over to Bret's site for some more information and a photo taken during the interview.

Also, Triple H & Ric Flair will return to TV on October 3, when RAW moves to USA Network.

That's it for Saucy Jack's wrestling news for now...

7 hours of interview time! Wow! Are they going to use everything, or will they edit things down a bit. I sure hope that they don't edit it down to an hour, like most DVD sets. Perhaps, it'll be cut to 3 hours and take up a whole disc, like on Rise & Fall of ECW. Or maybe it'll take up the better part of 2 discs, since Vince & others were also giving their thoughts on Bret.

What would be awesome is if they decide to make this a 5 disc set like everyone wanted. They could definitely cover the Hitman's career and fill up 5 discs with awesome matches and promos.

I wonder if they are going to put that music video of Bret on the DVD, or that classic commercial:

Kid: "Hey, Dad! Look! That's Bret 'Hitman' Hart!"
Dad: "Be quiet, son. He's getting ready for his big match."
Kid: (screams) "BRET!"
[Bret turns around as the camera rushes towards him. He walks over to the kid.]
Kid: "Go get 'em, champ!"
[Bret smiles and gives the kid his sunglasses, and heads towards the curtain.]
Kid: "Wow..."

[quote name='mykevermin']Whomever claimed that the Bret DVD would be renamed "The Best There Ever Was..." is correct, according to PWInsider.com.

Big Vito debuted on Velocity last night, as many of us know, helping Nunzio win not only his first match in 11 years, but the Cruiserweight title as well. I also realized that Paul London's wrestling ability is inversely related to his promo ability. To put it in JimmieMac terms, I'd rather be assfucked by Mighty Molly than listen to another London promo.

I came to the conclusion that Homicide will never go to the WWE, only because he serves as a stark reminder that John Cena is only 10% Fresh Prince, and 90% Carlton Banks.

[/QUOTE]

I had to do it...

carlton6uw.gif

Not to sound like Stephen A. Smith but quite frankly...

Paul London needs to get off my TV screen altogether. He thinks he is pre-acid Jeff Hardy. He ain't.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I had to do it...

carlton6uw.gif

Not to sound like Stephen A. Smith but quite frankly...

Paul London needs to get off my TV screen altogether. He thinks he is pre-acid Jeff Hardy. He ain't.[/QUOTE]

I submit to you that Paul London is about 40 times the wrestler that Jeff is. Not nearly as marketable, though.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I submit to you that Paul London is about 40 times the wrestler that Jeff is. Not nearly as marketable, though.[/QUOTE]

All I see is a guy who does crazy spots and tries to manufacture an intense persona. It comes off looking stupid IMO. I agree his wrestling skills are better but he has yet to give the casual fan a reason to care about him.

I'm going to go into work tomorrow so I might not be around for the chat.Maybe I'll be there around 1030-ish but I won't be nearly as dunk and surly as I normally am.

You guys see this weeks' TNA Impact? I thought it was pretty good. Sabu is back. I was kinda hoping to see Sabu in WWE to fight the likes of maybe Benoit.. or HBK or Cena (well maybe not Cena) but really he belongs in TNA. I'm glad they are getting that Spike TV spot, I'm definitely going to catch it whenever I can.

If they don't give Kurt his medal back in Pittsburgh, they really suck ass (and give the man a new gimmick please!! this invitational shit is retarded, no one liked the master lock challenge and no one likes this)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think I am going to watch the Bears/Dolphins pre-season instead of joining RAW chat tonight.[/QUOTE]

You suck.

Come in the Raw chat anyway and flip back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back