Rick Rude's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']If they don't give Kurt his medal back in Pittsburgh, they really suck ass (and give the man a new gimmick please!! this invitational shit is retarded, no one liked the master lock challenge and no one likes this)[/QUOTE]

Lol, and they didn't.

And that was possibly the most ignorant booking I've ever seen... the writers seriously thought the Pittsburgh crowd wouldn't cheer Angle. Yes, JR, a "roaring ovation" for Hogan/Eugene indeed...

That Edge promo was a goldmine, completely different from Hardy's, and gives you all the reason you need why Edge kept his job and Hardy lost his. Awesome. Is Edge a womanizing motherfucker? Yeah. Has he made Matt Hardy look like a doofus bitch who's going to job on Heat for the rest of his WWE tenure once this feud is over? You and I know it.

Also, Rob Conway is a very good wrestler who has somewhat decent presence, given his shitty gimmicks. What's his current one? Buff Bagwell with the man-whore component turned up 50%, with a dash of "Mr. Ass" thrown in? Who wants to see that shit? I'd rather see realistic heels, like Special K (spoiled rich-kid ravers).

[quote name='kittie']Lol, and they didn't.

And that was possibly the most ignorant booking I've ever seen... the writers seriously thought the Pittsburgh crowd wouldn't cheer Angle. Yes, JR, a "roaring ovation" for Hogan/Eugene indeed...[/QUOTE]

Thus why the wise amongst us are actually watching football instead. :lol:

A referree getting belittled by Bischoff.

Ha. Shades of Patrick and Anderson back in WCW. Where's Patton's wife and kids at? And now a match with Jericho.. gee, think Cena will interfere!?

[quote name='Scorch']A referree getting belittled by Bischoff.

Ha. Shades of Patrick and Anderson back in WCW. Where's Patton's wife and kids at? And now a match with Jericho.. gee, think Cena will interfere!?[/QUOTE]

One significant difference between wrestling of the past and the present is that, in the past, fans such as ourselves would speculate on things happening, only be right 50% of the time, and be pleasantly pleased when the predictions did happen. Today, we point out what will happen on the show, and it's as exciting as predicting tomorrow's fucking weather, only more accurate.

Cena interferes and there's a 40% chance of precipitation. Whoop-de-doo.

Seeing Hardy come back was a fantastic reminder of that kind of excitement, but two weeks later, it was the same old bullshit.

On the bright side of things, Joey Styles is *still* trying to capitalize on ECW's memory by having "Extremely Hardcore Wrestling" PPVs (or some similar moniker). They will feature the TV returns of Justin Credible and Rodney Mack (in addition to a cadre of classic ECW guys). I stand proud as the only person on earth who is excited to see Credible and Mack employed again.

Justin Credible rules. I'll probably order every PPV they do. It'd be great if he did the ECW pricing, what was it.. $19.99 or $14.99?

I thought it was $24.99. Tom-a-toe, tom-ah-toe.

Perhaps this isn't the proper place to ask, but I have to: Guyver, do you have "special" access to your cable/satellite PPVs, or are you and your family independently wealthy?

Hogan calling out Shawn about Bret Hart was great

you know he has to feel good to still get a pop whenever they talk about the screwjob

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Hogan calling out Shawn about Bret Hart was great

you know he has to feel good to still get a pop whenever they talk about the screwjob[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's got to be nice to see that the fans still at least have some care or respect for you... even after you've been gone.

[quote name='mykevermin']That Edge promo was a goldmine, completely different from Hardy's, and gives you all the reason you need why Edge kept his job and Hardy lost his. Awesome. Is Edge a womanizing motherfucker? Yeah. Has he made Matt Hardy look like a doofus bitch who's going to job on Heat for the rest of his WWE tenure once this feud is over? You and I know it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. Actually checked in before bed to say something about it, but you've pretty much covered it. If Edge goes over Hardy, it's very obvious as to why.

And the Hogan/HBK stuff was really good. Nice to see a debate/contract signing/bullshit-excuse-to-get-both-guys-in-the-ring that actually meant something. Good of Hogan to remind everyone that HBK isn't exactly innocent in the backstage game, even if Shawn's never been 1/100th as bad as Hulk.

Did they even mention the Bret Hart meeting? And what does everyone think the chances of Bret becoming involved in Hogan/HBK are?

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i just bought a CZW dvd

and all i have to say is HOLY SHIT[/QUOTE]

Which one? I've been wanting to rent one from Netflix, and I don't know which one to pick.

Sorry I missed RAW chat. I was heavily medicated and wasn't feeling well. I'll check out the DVR recording and see what happened. I think half an hour is missing from the start, though.

See y'all later.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Which one? I've been wanting to rent one from Netflix, and I don't know which one to pick.

Sorry I missed RAW chat. I was heavily medicated and wasn't feeling well. I'll check out the DVR recording and see what happened. I think half an hour is missing from the start, though.

See y'all later.[/QUOTE]
i got CZW: SCARRED

just the intro movie blew me away

I stopped watching after Masters killed Shelton...

Even though Masters sucks, at least WWE is trying to push someone new. But, at the expense of Shelton... sigh.

[quote name='kittie']I stopped watching after Masters killed Shelton...

Even though Masters sucks, at least WWE is trying to push someone new. But, at the expense of Shelton... sigh.[/QUOTE]

The kids said you didn't show....boooooooooooooo

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Which one? I've been wanting to rent one from Netflix, and I don't know which one to pick.

See y'all later.[/QUOTE]

You're running out of excuses, if you don't want to show up just say you don't want to show up. You've been there like.. one time in the past 8 weeks, the other times you've had some excuse. Just say you don't want to show up or something.

[quote name='JimmieMac']The kids said you didn't show....boooooooooooooo[/QUOTE]

I never said I was going to. I was busy downloading video games. And chatting with Scorch isn't high on the priority list.

I put the Bears game on Tivo this week. Glad I passed up on Raw, didn't sound very exciting this week.

Hopefully Summerslam will be halfway decent. It'll be worth watching if Brock shows up.

[quote name='Scorch']You're running out of excuses, if you don't want to show up just say you don't want to show up. You've been there like.. one time in the past 8 weeks, the other times you've had some excuse. Just say you don't want to show up or something.[/QUOTE]

Scorch, I honestly hope that you are joking, man. If you aren't, that is a fucking blatant hit below the belt.

You all know that I love joining in the RAW chat with you guys. Those are some of the most fun times that I have. I honestly feel bad when I can't make it.

You try living with permanent lung disease and other illnesses, while dealing with your own personal problems, and your family's problems as well. I think I've done pretty damn well with my life considering all the crap that I have to deal with.

You know, hanging out with you guys is one of the bright spots in my week... and it just sucks to have to read a reaction like that.

I honestly hope you that what you said was just some kind of sick joke. Otherwise, I've lost quite a bit of respect for you...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Scorch, I honestly hope that you are joking, man. If you aren't, that is a fucking blatant hit below the belt.

You all know that I love joining in the RAW chat with you guys. Those are some of the most fun times that I have. I honestly feel bad when I can't make it.

You try living with permanent lung disease and other illnesses, while dealing with your own personal problems, and your family's problems as well. I think I've done pretty damn well with my life considering all the crap that I have to deal with.

You know, hanging out with you guys is one of the bright spots in my week... and it just sucks to have to read a reaction like that.

I honestly hope you that what you said was just some kind of sick joke. Otherwise, I've lost quite a bit of respect for you...[/QUOTE]

Dude, it was a joke. Don't treat the chat like an obligation though, don't feel bad if you miss it. I didn't know about all the personal problems.. i'm sorry.

[quote name='Scorch']Dude, it was a joke. Don't treat the chat like an obligation though, don't feel bad if you miss it. I didn't know about all the personal problems.. i'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it; it's cool. That's one of the things about text; it's difficult to discern whether someone is joking or sincere by reading words.

I'm sorry for lashing out back there. I just felt bad, like I had let someone down, and some stuff going on in my life currently didn't help my attitude either.

So, everything's cool. :)

EDIT: Deleted my message. Has so much negativity in it that I couldn't stand looking at it.

Back to wrestling:

My thoughts on RAW:

I forgot to set RAW to tape (always have to set it manually to catch the overrun). I remembered about 30 minutes into the broadcast and set it to tape when Edge did his promo.

That was a damn good promo that Edge cut; I'm loving these shoot-style promos of late. Really got me more interested in the Hardy-Edge match for SummerSlam. I wonder how that's going to go down.

Fast forwarded through most of Buff Bagwell... er... Rob Conway's match with Viscera. You know that they were going to give Conway the win, anyway. :)
Also, I suppose that Conway is borrowing his wrestling trunks from one of the divas' wardrobes. That see-through black stuff he's wearing is a bit disturbing; plus his theme music is cheesy as hell.

6 person tag... fast forwarded most of it as well. As soon as I saw that Stacy was going to WRESTLE... I knew that I didn't want to see this match.

Jericho's Highlight Reel and the match with Patton was just a time-killer basically. It was pretty funny when Bischoff started slapping Patton. Was he trying to slap his head or his hand? I couldn't tell.

Also, I laughed my ass off when Cena blew his spot with Carlito. Did he trip or just jump too early with that shoulder block? :rofl:

Diva Search crap... yawn... is that a real phone number, anyway?

It was nice to see Matt Hardy in the ring again. The top-rope Twist of Fate was pretty cool. Looks like Matt has gotten bigger since I last saw him.

I laughed my ass off again during the backstage segment with Matt. He starts walking with the "cops" and then all of a sudden bolts for Edge's dressing room and starts punching him... :rofl:

I skipped the Cena video.

Hogan and Michaels were OK. I really loved it when Hogan mentioned Bret, and then ragged on Michaels for "losing his smile." If only Hogan would've started shooting on Michaels more. It would've been classic:

"Listen, DUDE! I'm not the guy backstage who's shitting on people's lunch plates because they won't sleep with him. And listen, BROTHER! I'm also not the guy who lobbies against WrestleMania world title matches that aren't one-on-one... and then proceeds to be in a TRIPLE THREAT match at WrestleMania XX! But I guess when you smell a paycheck, nothing else matters, BROTHER!"

Overall, an average RAW.

Does anyone think that WWE is trying to plant the seeds for a Bret Hart return? Hogan mentions his name, and then the fans go crazy... while Michaels is mouthing, "Go ahead. He's gone and I'm here, so I don't care." Also, the fans wanted to lynch Michaels when he answered their "You Screwed Bret" chants with "Yeah I did, and don't you forget it!"

The question is... if you could only have one Bret Hart appearance (not counting a possible Hall of Fame induction), where would you want it? Montreal? SummerSlam? Or at another place and time?

Also, do you think that Bret is well enough to do a run-in? From the looks of him, he seems to be in great shape still (besides the injury, of course) and keeps active. I know that he can still do the Sharpshooter, since his role in the Aladdin play involved him wrestling some other actors and placing one of them in the Sharpshooter.

Michaels in the Sharpshooter again... a guy can dream, can't he? :)

Whoever was calling for Danny Basham to become the Damaja again got their wish, as he apparently wrestled a dark match last night under that name.

Four more days until Hardy/Homicide!

Also, next week's Raw is in Montreal.

That alone gives me reason to watch... or, at least fast-forward to all the HBK/Hogan stuff, plus the .001% chance that Bret comes out.

So, with all the motorcycle accidents,heat attacks and botched Goldberg moves taken into consideration, how functional is Bret? I mean, I don't want to see him if it's going to be like the first time I heard Heenan talk after the throat cancer or when Iron Shek dragged his 400 year old ass down to the ring for the gimmick Battle Royal. I mean if Bret comes out with a cane and talks outta one side of his mouth I don't want to see it.

Said it last night in the chat and i'll say it again.. Rob Conway came out to absolutely no heat or pop at all. There was absolutely no reaction. None. Rewind the tape and watch his entrance, Jack. There's NO reaction from the crowd at all. Patton got a bigger pop.

I agree with you, Jimmie. Last I heard, he was in a wheelchair, but in that picture of him with Vince, he was standing.. so.. who knows.

But my god, i'd mark soooooooooo hard if he came out and helped Hogan clear house (assuming HBK interferes in Hogan/Angle next week) and then did a shoot on HBK or something. I'd mute the microphone and scream like a little girl. The last time I marked out like that was Jericho's debut in WWE.. I had heard nothing about it and it caught me completely off guard.

I saw Bret Hart at one of the ballpark brawls last year, it was before a WWE ppv in Toronto, so rest assured he complained and let us know he wouldn't be there. He moved around pretty good, not confined to a wheelchair or on crutches and he sounded like Bret Hart. I didn't wait in line for an autograph, but he did walk by where we were and he seemed to look decent, didn't pack on the pounds or look worn down. Course that was last year, not sure what's ailed him since then.

[quote name='Scorch']There was absolutely no reaction. None. Rewind the tape and watch his entrance, Jack. There's NO reaction from the crowd at all.

I agree with you, Jimmie. Last I heard, he was in a wheelchair, but in that picture of him with Vince, he was standing.. so.. who knows.

But my god, i'd mark soooooooooo hard if he came out and helped Hogan clear house (assuming HBK interferes in Hogan/Angle next week) and then did a shoot on HBK or something. I'd mute the microphone and scream like a little girl. The last time I marked out like that was Jericho's debut in WWE.. I had heard nothing about it and it caught me completely off guard.[/QUOTE]

You're right. No reaction at all.

About Bret's condition: he is doing great. No wheelchair or cane, and he's in terrific shape. Basically, if he didn't have the neck/head injuries, he'd easily be able to get back in the ring. He's said that he's as recovered as can be from his stroke, and that he still keeps active. In fact, as I mentioned, there was a lot of activity involved in his Aladdin role, and from what I've read he handled it well.

Bret could probably have another match, but it would have to be him completely squashing someone, of course. Also, I'm wondering if he could even take something as simple as a bodyslam. It's quite possible that he could fall and if his head jerks around it could hurt him. Who knows?

I'd be happy just having him beat the shit out of HBK and shooting on him on the microphone. I'd mark out so hard... and then rewind the tape and mark out several more times.

I think there's a good chance of Bret returning soon. It'd make a fitting end or extra feature to his upcoming DVD set... :)

VELOCITY/SMACKDOWN! SPOILERS BELOW

Dark Match.

Deuce Shade d. Paul Burchill. Deuce came out throwing playing cards in the crowd. His gimmick is he is from Las Vegas and was pretty over with the crowd. He won with a sunset flip.

Velocity.

Frankie Kazarian d. Paul London with a roll up. London was pretty over but afterwards he complained about being screwed even though Kazarian won clean. The crowd didn't seem to like London's complaining. Candice was the ring announcer for this one.

Ken "Mister" Anderson d. Funaki with an amazing top rope while Funaki was on his shoulders. Before the match Anderson reintroduced himself and afterwards he got on the mic and declaired himself the winner.

Nunzio d. Jimmy Jacobs. Nunzio won with some help from Big Vito who stood on the outside and watched but would attack Jacobs when the ref wasn't looking.

Hardcore Holly d. Steven Richards (in bWo attire) with an Alabama slam. Torrie was the special ring announcer.

Smackdown.

Booker T d. Joey Mercury. Early on Nitro and Jillian were ejected. Milena tried to get involved but Sharmell stopped her. Booker won with the ax kick.

Peep Show with Batista. Christian asked Batista why the top draft pick doesn't have a match for SummerSlam. Then challenged Batista to a match to prove he deserved to be at the PPV. Batista just told him he would kick his ass.

Animal and Heidenreich d. 2 guys with the doomsday device.

Randy Orton asked Teddy Long who his opponent would be for his big return to the ring. Teddy said since he likes to sneak up behind people his opponent will be a surpise. But it will be a legend who has also fought the Undertaker.

Randy Orton vs. Kamala and Kim Chee. People didn't seem to remember Kamala at first but some people were marking out. Orton gave Kim Chee the RKO when he tried to run in. Orton then hit the RKO on Kamala but before he could pin him the Undertaker RKO/RIP video played. Orton got a little scared when the video played but walked out looking over his shoulder. When the cameras cut off Kamala got a pretty good ovation.

Eddie Guerrero was in the back talking with a children service women. He told her his son was living a lie and he wants him back. He then tells her to come to the ring and observe what happens.

In the ring Eddie calls out Rey and his son. Rey his wife and son came out. Eddie and Rey exchanged words. Rey then said if Eddie takes Dominic he will never fight him again and Eddie will have never beaten Rey. Rey called Eddie a chicken shit and said no matter who Dominic lives with he will always know that Rey is twice the man Eddie is. Rey then challenged Eddie to one final match at Summerslam and the winner gets custody of Dominic. The children service women told Rey and Eddie the problem wasn't with Dominic it was between them and after they put their personal problems aside Dominic will be put in a foster home.

Benoit d. Simon Dean with a crossface.

Super Crazy and Psichosis d. Scotty 2 Hotty and William Regal. Scotty took a beating through most of the match and before he could tag Regal, Regal left laughing at Scotty. Psichosis then hit Scotty with a top rope leg drop for the win.

Batista and Christian ended in a no contest. Before Batista hit the powerbomb JBL ran in and attacked Batista and hit him with a chair several times. JBL cut a promo on Batista as SD ended.

After the show JBL told the ref he wanted a title match right now. JBL and Batista fought for about 5 minutes in a no DQ match. JBL took a chair shot to the head then a Batista bomb. After Batista won he posed for a little bit then did his pose at the entry way again with pyro. Overall a good show and alot better then recent editions of Smackdown.

END SPOILERS

[quote name='RawisJericho']Those screens are cool, I can't wait to see some next gen wrestling game screens.[/QUOTE]

I wish we could have gotten a really great THIS gen rasslin game.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I wish we could have gotten a really great THIS gen rasslin game.[/QUOTE]

Well if you count import games, the King of Colosseum series is pretty good on the PS2. Other than that, I agree, we don't have any real good US wrestling games.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I wish we could have gotten a really great THIS gen rasslin game.[/QUOTE]

Def Jam FFNY is the only thing even close to it. It's more of a fighter with wrestling elements though. Still a great game.

nice to see my last post didn't register... and this was an hour ago (of course)

anyway, I was trying to say that I wanted to see a cap of that Edge/Matt Hardy bit or rather bits, if Guyver would be so kind.

Also, I wanted to thank Guyver for posting the link from the announcer offer, and I said I'll probably pass on this one, as tempting as it may be.

[quote name='kittie']Why do people create shit like that?[/QUOTE]

The Cena and Batista ones are probably fake. Batista isn't 29 years old or from Cuba, after all.

As for why they create shit like that, I have no idea. Personally, I wouldn't have any use for a page like that. The main reason is that I wouldn't have any damn visitors... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back