Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a chance to look over the weekly specials and have to say, forget Scryed and Berserk - Legend of Black Heaven is a steal for $30.

[quote name='thelonepig']I just got a chance to look over the weekly specials and have to say, forget Scryed and Berserk - Legend of Black Heaven is a steal for $30.[/QUOTE]

3/4 DVD's are $11 total, wish they had the fourth =/

[quote name='the_punisher']3/4 DVD's are $11 total, wish they had the fourth =/[/quote]

Yeah. The fourth isn't available on ebay currently, but there are a few used available on Amazon for just under $10 shipped. At that point I'd rather just get the box set... tempting. I haven't seen the series since it came out and, sadly, didn't get to finish it.

Anyone care to comment on how it's held up?

Super dimension macross complete collection thinpak for $54 shipped is tempting. I have a feeling that I'll see it even cheaper in a couple of years (or even on blu-ray!).

[quote name='thelonepig']Yeah. The fourth isn't available on ebay currently, but there are a few used available on Amazon for just under $10 shipped. At that point I'd rather just get the box set... tempting. I haven't seen the series since it came out and, sadly, didn't get to finish it.

Anyone care to comment on how it's held up?[/QUOTE]

It's been awhile since I've seen it myself... but I think, if you're the sort of person who can watch it and take the serious parts as such, you'll be satisfied with the ending.

Production-wise, it's not worth noting. However, if you were watching it when it came out, it's not like an 'older' looking show is going to bother you anyway. Actually, I think it fares a bit better then other shows of the same age, because of the nonstandard artstyle.

Based solely on KL's recommendation, I got Princess Tutu from Netflix. I figured for someone that is so critical of the majority of anime, something that is so heavily recommended ought to be good.

That said, does it get better after the first disc? I wasn't really impressed.

[quote name='thelonepig']Based solely on KL's recommendation, I got Princess Tutu from Netflix. I figured for someone that is so critical of the majority of anime, something that is so heavily recommended ought to be good.

That said, does it get better after the first disc? I wasn't really impressed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, loads and loads better, though I still enjoy the first disc quite a bit. The tone of the show gets far, far darker after the first five or so episodes.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Ballet isn't manly enough for me. Sorry. :([/QUOTE]

The ballet theme is used very skillfully in the show, but that's not what it's about. It's a dark fairy tale, and an awesome one at that. One of the main characters almost gets his hands chopped off, his family is killed by ravens, and his friend challenges him to cut out his heart, if that makes it any cooler for you.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Ballet isn't manly enough for me. Sorry. :([/QUOTE]

And apparently Guy: Double Target was too manly for Kirin, not that he/she would actually post reasons to back up his/her opinion. Fruity.

A late update tonight , as well as an unusually short coupon (only 2 days). Thanks again to ChibiJosh for getting the word out on the coupon before I could update the thread. Didn't expect it to be so late tonight though. Tetragrammatron Labyrinth wins a special award for being the biggest mouthful to say and type.:lol::cool:

Also added a list of previous coupon sales , so maybe we can see if there's any kind of pattern to them , as well as so people can see what they might have previously missed.;) 2 questions for everyone though.
1. Should the previous sale listings go in chronological order (oldest sale at top going down) or reverse chronological order (most resent at top)?

2. Should I also include the featured items that went along with the sale or just list the sales themselves?

For once I'm also looking for opinions on some of the items on sale. Anyone know if Kashimashi or Aoi House are any good?

I was actually thinking of suggesting we keep track of previous sales. I think you should keep the format just the way it is (don't add the featured items or anything), but it might be better to go reverse chronological.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend liked Kashimashi, for what it's worth. Plus it's about lesbians.[/quote]

Its kinda easy to figure a story is going to be about lesbians when one of the main plot elements is a boy "reborn" as a girl. Although the story being about lesbians isn't the chief reason I'm interested in it (or maybe it is depending on your point of view. I don't see it that way).

The insight is appreciated.

I was hoping for a something else... I already have most of the the I want from Seven Seas.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend liked Kashimashi, for what it's worth. Plus it's about lesbians.[/quote]
I enjoyed most of Kashimashi. But the last few chapters could have been a little better(But it still ended much better then the anime). As for Aoi House I liked it at first but lost interest by the end of the first book. But if you want to check it out before buying you can find the comic online. And Ballad of the Shinigami is a pretty nice read but it can a little depressing a times(But hey it's a book about a Shinigami). So if your interested in reading a light novel you could give that a shot as well.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend liked Kashimashi, for what it's worth. Plus it's about lesbians.[/QUOTE]

The manga from what I read is pretty good.

The anime is on weekly sale for 17.99.

It's a really enjoyable romance series, with lesbians if that helps you want it (it helped me want it a bit certaintly). It is subbed only, fair warning for the dubbies, like all of Mediablasters yuri fan line (which has been uniformly enjoyable ranging from great [Simoun] to enjoyable enough [Otobuku[)

[quote name='StarKnightX']A late update tonight , as well as an unusually short coupon (only 2 days). Thanks again to ChibiJosh for getting the word out on the coupon before I could update the thread. Didn't expect it to be so late tonight though. Tetragrammatron Labyrinth wins a special award for being the biggest mouthful to say and type.:lol::cool:

Also added a list of previous coupon sales , so maybe we can see if there's any kind of pattern to them , as well as so people can see what they might have previously missed.;) 2 questions for everyone though.
1. Should the previous sale listings go in chronological order (oldest sale at top going down) or reverse chronological order (most resent at top)?

2. Should I also include the featured items that went along with the sale or just list the sales themselves?

For once I'm also looking for opinions on some of the items on sale. Anyone know if Kashimashi or Aoi House are any good?[/QUOTE]

Most recent at the top would make the most sense.

You can list the featured items, but if you think that there are other good deals out there in the sale (Elfen Lied was $6/dvd) or just in general (My-Hime for example), you should list those too :).

As for the sale, i don't read manga. I did order from the previous sale:

Elfen Lied 1-4
My-Hime 1-5, 7 (6 is still sold out, and i missed Sin for $7)
Le Chevalier d'Eon Vol. 2 (for the art box)

Also, as for Princess Tutu, the fact that fights end in dancing turned me off. Also, it's no longer on sale.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was hoping for a something else... I already have most of the the I want from Seven Seas.

I enjoyed most of Kashimashi. But the last few chapters could have been a little better(But it still ended much better then the anime). As for Aoi House I liked it at first but lost interest by the end of the first book. But if you want to check it out before buying you can find the comic online. And Ballad of the Shinigami is a pretty nice read but it can a little depressing a times(But hey it's a book about a Shinigami). So if your interested in reading a light novel you could give that a shot as well.[/quote]

I always forget that a lot (most) of these mangas can be read online , so that I can preview before buying.

[quote name='Grico']The manga from what I read is pretty good.

The anime is on weekly sale for 17.99.

It's a really enjoyable romance series, with lesbians if that helps you want it (it helped me want it a bit certaintly). It is subbed only, fair warning for the dubbies, like all of Mediablasters yuri fan line (which has been uniformly enjoyable ranging from great [Simoun] to enjoyable enough [Otobuku[)[/quote]

I was going to comment about how its the manga thats on sale , not the anime , but you edited your post before I could.;)

In any case thats also something to keep in mind if I end up checking out the manga and liking it.

[quote name='the_punisher']Most recent at the top would make the most sense.

You can list the featured items, but if you think that there are other good deals out there in the sale (Elfen Lied was $6/dvd) or just in general (My-Hime for example), you should list those too :).

As for the sale, i don't read manga. I did order from the previous sale:

Elfen Lied 1-4
MyHime 1-5, 7 (6 is still sold out, and i missed Sin for $7)
Le Chevalier d'Eon Vol. 2 (for the art box)[/quote]

You kinda misunderstood the part of the question about listing the featured items. I was mainly referring to keeping the featured items listed in the past sale section.

As for listing stuff besides the featured sale items , I don't have a problem with that , but I'm going to need some help in that regard. For example you mentioned Elfen Lied at $6/dvd. If you think thats a good deal , post it in the thread and I can add that to the OP. I just really don't have the time to go through ALL the stuff that Right Stuf puts on sale or has on sale every day/week to find all the deals. All I can do is highlight the main stuff and add other things as they come up.

Bottom line , if you find something not featured in the coupon deals , weekly specials , or from the bargain bin , that isn't listed in the OP , and feel its a deal worth noting , let me know and I can put it up for everyone else to see.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I always forget that a lot (most) of these mangas can be read online , so that I can preview before buying.[/quote]
Well you can read Aoi House online legally since it was originally a webcomic. ;)

[quote name='StarKnightX']Bottom line , if you find something not featured in the coupon deals , weekly specials , or from the bargain bin , that isn't listed in the OP , and feel its a deal worth noting , let me know and I can put it up for everyone else to see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's mostly what i meant. I wasn't expecting you to go through every single sale (unless you want to of course ;)).

Also, you talked about EL like it wasn't a good deal. =/

I also ordered My-Hime Vol. 6 today, came back in stock after around a week, but i had to bite the extra $3 for shipping. Oh well.

[quote name='the_punisher']Also, you talked about EL like it wasn't a good deal. =/ [/quote]

Sorry if it came out that way. I've never seen the show so I can't really comment on its quality nor whether $6/dvd is a good deal for it or not.

Since I checked and Elfen Lied is still in the bargain bin at the same listed price , I went ahead and made a new sub-section for other notable deals and added it in there.

The slae is pretty underwhelming. I'm mostly looking for anime, but everything is pretty highly priced. Some standouts:

Bleach Box Set 1: $30
Prince of Tennis Box Sets 1-4: $24 each

I head Prince of Tennis was really good, so i was debating that, but there's a couple downers. For once, each box set is only 13 episodes. Another thing, these only cover the first 50 episodes. There are 178 total, and the rest haven't even been released in the US =/.

[quote name='eastx']Man, Viz has lots of great titles.

Does anyone know if the Bleach DVD sets are thinkpaks?[/QUOTE]

I think so- the one at Wal-mart today looked like a thinpak, anyway.

Out of all the Viz titles I'm collecting, there's 1- excactly 1- volume I don't own/have pre-ordered. :cry:

Thread has been updated with the new coupon sale and new weekly specials.

[quote name='thelonepig']Bleach Season 1 is $27.99 w/ free shipping on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Bleach-Uncut-Season1-Box-Standard/dp/B0015XHQUS[/quote]

It should be noted that the price of Bleach itself is pretty much the same at Amazon and Right Stuf (with coupon code) , the main thing is shipping. If your not planning on getting enough items at Right Stuf to get free shipping then Amazon is the better deal.

Hmm, I got a shipping confirmation email for Clannad Collection. Not sure how that is possible based on the release date in March, but it would be awesome to get it soon.

I have a lot of manga to catch up on. Slam Dunk 3-5, Monster 12-18, gotta start 20th Century Boys, and I have to try Pluto.

[quote name='Grico']Hmm, I got a shipping confirmation email for Clannad Collection. Not sure how that is possible based on the release date in March, but it would be awesome to get it soon.[/quote]
Right stuff ships things pretty early once in a while. I recall getting Vandread and Maria Watches Over Us Season 2(But I think they might have shipped Pre-orders early for that release) atleast a month before then the release date.

There isn't much I want to buy right now. I think I'll atleast pre-order Black Lagoon vol 4-7. I was toying with the idea of get some Ranma or Maison Ikkoku but I'm short on cash.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I hate Viz anime. How can they stop releasing Hikaru No Go after Vol.11?[/quote]

Agreed. Love Hikaru No Go, shame they stopped it.

[quote name='eastx']And apparently Guy: Double Target was too manly for Kirin, not that he/she would actually post reasons to back up his/her opinion. Fruity.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I somehow missed your post earlier. Here are my three main reasons for hating on Guy:

1. I hate hentai.

2. I'm gay.

3. Hentai sucks.

There. Can we be friends again? :D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Sorry, I somehow missed your post earlier. Here are my three main reasons for hating on Guy:

1. I hate hentai.

2. I'm gay.

3. Hentai sucks.

There. Can we be friends again? :D[/QUOTE]

Actually those are all bad reasons that fail to judge the show on its own merits, but I'll half forgive you since you responded! :)

Bump to remind everyone that today is the last day to get any items from this weeks weekly specials. Also to get the thread back on the 1st page since it just moved back to page 2 :(

i have a whole list of things to get theree b4 March 16th. Alot of ADV dvds i need to get! I can aswell finish my series in just 1 shot at shopping. Like My Hime, Venus Versus Virus, Ai Yori Aoshi, Chrono Crusade. Many more iim thinking about spending $250+ on anime in 3weeks or so. Saving up!

Didn't see too much in the weekly sales. Yu Yu Hakusho is still $20 a season which i guess isn't bad.

The only other thing i saw was that Zone of the Enders DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) is $20. Not sure how good/bad the show is, but i heard it was pretty good, and it does look relatively cheap. Anyone watch it?

Despite being home all day yesterday , I never got around to updating the weekly specials (Got busy catching up on other things around the house). They have been updated now. Also added some more things in the "other sale items" section.

I went ahead and added the username of the person who made the suggestion to have that title added to the "other sale items" section. I wasn't sure whether anyone would think this is a good idea or not though. If nobody likes it I can get rid of it. The only problem I have with it is it makes the listings a bit crowded. Maybe colorize them so that the title/price/username don't all blend together?

[quote name='the_punisher']Didn't see too much in the weekly sales. Yu Yu Hakusho is still $20 a season which i guess isn't bad.

The only other thing i saw was that Zone of the Enders DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) is $20. Not sure how good/bad the show is, but i heard it was pretty good, and it does look relatively cheap. Anyone watch it?[/quote]

I have the whole ZOE series (picked up in individual volumes from the Right Stuf bargain bin some time ago) but have only watched the ova , not the series. If you liked the games it's still supposed to be recommended to watch the anime since it ties into the events of the games.

Only other comment I can really make is in regards to the package itself. The thinpak collection doesn't come with any of the extras of the individual releases (which is normal for a ADV title). If this doesn't bother you then I would say the thinpak collection is a good deal.

[quote name='Darth Mallrat']Wow, that's an awesome deal on the Vandread box set in the weekly specials. In for 1.[/quote]

Went ahead and added it to the "other specials" list.

Thanks for the heads up on the Vandread box set, pretty nice deal! Also picked up Bleach season one and the two Oh My Goddess! OVAs.

Jinki: Extend DVD Complete Collection is the first deal of the day for today, and it looks like they're actually paying you if you take it, it shows up as $-1.75 for me. Don't know if it's any good, but if you plan to order some stuff today, it'll save you a little bit off your order, haha.

[quote name='pete5883']Everyone is buying Slam Dunk, right? :cool:
smile.gif
[/quote]
No...

Like Gogeta, I am broke.

bread's done
Back