Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']Im about to order the entire my otome series but I have a problem. The second dvd says they have over 400 of them left but the status says its on order from manufacturer? Anyone had that happen before? I suppose I'll just order it and call them tomorrow (they're closed today) and see whats up.[/quote]

Basically means ~400 incoming, not in stock at the moment.

They've restocked with plenty of Hell Girl vol. 2 if anyone is interested. But now #6 is low. All volumes are $5 each. The cover art and art cards are wow. Too bad not many have given this series much thought. Selfishly, I now want everyone to buy these so Funimation will acquire and release season 2 so I can finish out the story. Not that season 1 ends poorly. Futakomori just rounds it all out for Hell Girl's 3 workers and fleshes out their backstory.

Love these soundtracks for $4: Kamichu, Paranoia Agent, and the Fate/Stay Night OST that comes bundled with the vol.1 DVD.

Ordered:

1 av80275 Blue Submarine No. 6 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) 11.99 On Order From Manufacturer
1 av80312 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD 3 (Hyb) 14.99 On Order From Manufacturer
1 ydne02 Death Note Movie 2: The Last Name DVD (Hyb) LiveAc 14.99 Order has been received
1 piocd52762 Fruits Basket CD Soundtrack: Four Seasons 4.00 Order has been received
1 av20765 My Otome Zwei DVD (Hyb) 17.99 Order has been received
1 av20760 My-Otome DVD 1 (Hyb) Special Edition 10.00 Order has been received
1 av20751 My-Otome DVD 2 (Hyb) 5.00 Order has been received
1 av20752 My-Otome DVD 3 (Hyb) 5.00 Order has been received
1 av20753 My-Otome DVD 4 (Hyb) 5.00 On Order From Manufacturer
1 av20754 My-Otome DVD 5 (Hyb) 5.00 Order has been received
1 av20755 My-Otome DVD 6 (Hyb) 5.00 Order has been received
1 av20756 My-Otome DVD 7 (Hyb) 5.00 Order has been received

[quote name='wormraper']However DvdPacific isn't exactly the most trustworthy of retailers IMO, very cheap stuff but bad CS and poor shipping (just like Deepdiscount.com too)[/quote]

I've only ordered from them twice, but my first order of a few different series with artboxes was perfectly fine. And when my 2nd order of the FMA movie had a somewhat deep scratch in the bonus features disc, I emailed their customer service and they sent me a replacement disc in just a few days without issue.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Destiny was total rubbish -- fun to watch when nothing else was available but really inconsequential in terms of storyline and uninspired Gundam design. And what the heck was with
the fake Lacus?
I mean, really?

I'd normally buy the non-limited edition Code Geass bundle, but decided to splurge because of the included Soundtrack Vol 2 (which I absolutely love). Makes me sad that I didn't buy the first Limited Edition box set as it also included OST 1, but couldn't justify the extra cost at the time since discounts were only going ~30% at the time..[/quote]
Forget the
fake Lacus since she was was nice to look at
.The characters I had problems with was the lead character(at least for the start of the series) and then bringing back a certain character from the dead. Granted SEED did that as well but it was far more believable.... well less unbelievable anyway since...
His suit didn't explode in space
. Also they ruined Luna towards the end of the series too. The only nice things I can say about GSD is they gave us a hot spring scene and it gave us two captain boobies. XD

Also, that first CG LE was worth it. It came with the 1st vol of the manga(Which is actually ok), Drama CD and the OST. Can't wait to get my hands on the Vol 3 LE since it comes with vol 1 of Code Geass: Suzaku of the Counterattack.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Forget the
fake Lacus since she was was nice to look at
.The characters I had problems with was the lead character(at least for the start of the series) and then bringing back a certain character from the dead. Granted SEED did that as well but it was far more believable.... well less unbelievable anyway since...
His suit didn't explode in space
. Also they ruined Luna towards the end of the series too. The only nice things I can say about GSD is they gave us a hot spring scene and it gave us two captain boobies. XD[/QUOTE]

Oh, there were many reasons to dislike GSD -- thank you for saving me the time of enumerating them all. ;)

Now you wanna talk about a screwy Gundam Series....
WTF is with Gundam 00 Second Season? You wanna talk about people getting killed then coming back? It's like everyone has several lives, save for the Gundam Misters (they haven't really died yet). Everyone's freakin' chompin' down on 1-Up 'shrooms or something magical like that.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Also, that first CG LE was worth it. It came with the 1st vol of the manga(Which is actually ok), Drama CD and the OST. Can't wait to get my hands on the Vol 3 LE since it comes with vol 1 of Code Geass: Suzaku of the Counterattack.[/quote]

Yea, I'm still kinda disappointed I didn't get 1st LE -- especially consider how much I adore the series. I'll work on rectifying that in the future, so long as I can find them at a good price.

I heard that Code Geass R2 had Blu-Ray releases. I'm really curious to see the pricing of those babies.

[quote name='Hibiwa']There's only 3 left in stock of Hell Girl vol. 2 if anyone is interested. All volumes are $5 each.

Love these soundtracks for $4: Kamichu, Paranoia Agent, and the Fate/Stay Night OST that comes bundled with the vol.1 DVD.[/quote]

[quote name='Z e r o']This isn't in the weekly specials or current sale, but it's a pretty awesome deal I think:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/gRaXuB-ZNNpYCIC78W/browse/item/56912/4/0/0[/quote]

[quote name='the_punisher']And the original is $6, not bad at all.[/quote]

All have been added to the OP , thanks everyone.

Hibawa , it appears that Kamuchu and Paranoia Agent DVD/CD Combo's are OOS cause I couldn't find them in the Bargain Bin.

Z e r o , Those are the bargain bin items. As you mentioned a lot of really good deals often show up there if your paying attention.

Well I made a mistake in my order. I meant to order the 7th dvd of samurai champloo with it because Ive needed it for over a year but I forgot and now they've shipped my order and I cant add it to it. If anyone needs filler for one of their orders to get free shipping and will order it for me I'd be glad to pay you back for it. Let me know if anyone can do it. Thanks a lot.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I heard that Code Geass R2 had Blu-Ray releases. I'm really curious to see the pricing of those babies.[/quote]
I think they started to release R1 on Blu-Ray as well. But I was hoping to see Gundam 00 come out here on Blu-Ray as well. Speaking of 00, I am still enjoying the 2nd season even if it is turning out to be a trainwreck. But I do miss S1 Sumeragi...

[quote name='StarKnightX']All have been added to the OP , thanks everyone.

Hibiwa , it appears that Kamuchu and Paranoia Agent DVD/CD Combo's are OOS cause I couldn't find them in the Bargain Bin.
[/quote]

Thanks for adding these. Hell Girl vol.2 is currently OOS with one of those check back things. I hope mine's been set aside already. Can you also fix the price. It's $5.00 each but you list as $6.

And sorry if I confused anyone. Kamichu! and Paranoia Agent are separate individual soundtracks. Only Fate /Stay Night is bundled as a DVD/CD pack. All still available as of 3:46 pm EST. Here are the links:

Kamichu
46 qty.
Very relaxing instrumental music. Good mix of strings, wind, guitar and piano pieces. Feels like a lazy summer day in a quaint coastal town/island.

Paranoia Agent
29 qty.
Not for everyone. It's out there, but something about it hooks you (me anyways) in. Kind of tribal. but not really. Susumu(?) has a way with sounds. Some might not liking the retro'ish synths, but it's the vocals that transcend. If you liked the Paprika soundtrack you'll probably like this one.

Fate/Stay Night DVD/CD combo
62 qty.
This sticks in mind. It fits the anime perfectly, and it fits outside. Emotional music. Not sure how to categorize it though. Hey, I love it so I'm recommending it. :D

[quote name='Hibiwa']Thanks for adding these. Hell Girl vol.2 is currently OOS with one of those check back things. I hope mine's been set aside already. Can you also fix the price. It's $5.00 each but you list as $6.

And sorry if I confused anyone. Kamichu! and Paranoia Agent are separate individual soundtracks. Only Fate /Stay Night is bundled as a DVD/CD pack. All still available as of 3:46 pm EST. Here are the links:

Kamichu
46 qty.
Very relaxing instrumental music. Good mix of strings, wind, guitar and piano pieces. Feels like a lazy summer day in a quaint coastal town/island.

Paranoia Agent
29 qty.
Not for everyone. It's out there, but something about it hooks you (me anyways) in. Kind of tribal. but not really. Susumu(?) has a way with sounds. Some might not liking the retro'ish synths, but it's the vocals that transcend. If you liked the Paprika soundtrack you'll probably like this one.

Fate/Stay Night DVD/CD combo
62 qty.
This sticks in mind. It fits the anime perfectly, and it fits outside. Emotional music. Not sure how to categorize it though. Hey, I love it so I'm recommending it. :D[/quote]

Hell Girl has been corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. That's what happens when your rushing to finish something before going to work.:bomb: Now if I can just get around to updating the main sale items before sunday then all will be good. :wall:

Also added the other two soundtracks to the OP , now that I know what you were talking about.;)

[quote name='genfuyung']Damn, my otome 2 shipped just fine but vol 4 was put on backorder...lame

Even tho RGHT NOW it says in stock and available...wtf[/QUOTE]

Mine was backordered too, along with code geass vol 3 and blue submarine #9 =/

Both Code Geass vol 3 and Lucky Star vol 6 is on backorder for me. And I think I'll hold off on getting My Otome for now. I'll just wait for the Bandai to put out a anime Legend collection of it and get that whenever it's on sale.

Argh, every few months I remember to check if TRSI has put in more Fruits Basket GN for order/pre-order, missed out of the Tokypop sale by 10 days. Not really interested in the Bandai sale, but the bargain bin is really chock full of good stuff. I can't decide what the pad with Mushishi 1-6 and FB 22-23 to get free shipping. Was debating between the BECK box set, FMP Fumoffu 1(w/box)-4, Gundam 08th MS box, something cheaper like a soundtrack or a pillows CD, or Abenobashi 1(w/box)-3 + hope that vol 4 gets stocked in the future.

I even rearranged my shelves to make some space for Mushishi and Fumoffu before being paralyzed by indecision.

[quote name='Z e r o']This isn't in the weekly specials or current sale, but it's a pretty awesome deal I think:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/gRaXuB-ZNNpYCIC78W/browse/item/56912/4/0/0[/quote]

piocd51942Armitage III: Dual Matrix CD Soundtrack (*) 1$4.00 pd11689Armitage III: Dual Matrix DVD (Hyb) (Special Edition) + Figure (*) 1$10.00 piocd52252Evangelion, Neon Genesis CD Soundtrack 2 (*) 1$4.00 g53672Fate/Stay Night DVD/CD Combo Box Pack (Hyb) (*) 1$4.00 fun08631Witchblade DVD 1 (Hyb) (*) 1$5.99 fun08632Witchblade DVD 2 (Hyb) (*) 1$5.99 fun08633Witchblade DVD 3 (Hyb) (*) 1$5.99 fun08634Witchblade DVD 4 (Hyb) (*) 1$5.99 fun08636Witchblade DVD 6 (Hyb) (*) 1$5.99

Item Subtotal: $51.95 Shipping: Economy - Free

fuck you and your shiny figures. :( My wallet says you are not a nice person. Been wanting WitchBlade for a while now, too bad no 5.

$6 for Witchblade? Thats a pretty good deal. I picked it up when they had the DVDs for about $10 each. It was surprisingly good series.... and not just for the fanservice.

[quote name='surak']Argh, every few months I remember to check if TRSI has put in more Fruits Basket GN for order/pre-order, missed out of the Tokypop sale by 10 days. Not really interested in the Bandai sale, but the bargain bin is really chock full of good stuff. I can't decide what the pad with Mushishi 1-6 and FB 22-23 to get free shipping. Was debating between the BECK box set, FMP Fumoffu 1(w/box)-4, Gundam 08th MS box, something cheaper like a soundtrack or a pillows CD, or Abenobashi 1(w/box)-3 + hope that vol 4 gets stocked in the future.

I even rearranged my shelves to make some space for Mushishi and Fumoffu before being paralyzed by indecision.[/quote]

I freaked when Mushi-Shi Vol.1 was running low last time and quickly bought the whole 1-6 set. Nice that they restocked. Way better to get the single discs as the new thinkpak boxset collection does not have all the dvd extras. Gotta love the booklets and art cards with the individuals too.

How much $ to pad? That Fruits Basket CD Soundtrack: Four Seasons is $4 since you like the manga and presumably the anime.

For anyone looking for something quirky that's not animated... I blind bought The Great Horror Family ($10) and have gotten up to ep 4 so far. It's a 13 show live action japanese series that is pretty funny with horror elements thrown in. The gist is family buys a house, gramps dies, stays as a ghost and guides eldest grandson on saving the family from said cursed house and the spirits that are drawn in. Cheesy effects, yes, but it's meant to be and it works very well.

I didn't expect much from it, but it's quite enjoyable. Well worth the ten bucks since about everyone else is selling it for retail under $40. Though I read somewhere that it was found at Big Lots for $2.99.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']$6 for Witchblade? Thats a pretty good deal. I picked it up when they had the DVDs for about $10 each. It was surprisingly good series.... and not just for the fanservice.[/quote]

My weakness is being a TopCow fan, and actually reading the comics of Witchblade and The Darkness, so I had to have it. >_>

My shipment arrived (save for Code Geass LE 3, which is back ordered).

It's pretty amazing that the two Evangelion CDs have a sticker saying "Find out how to get a free CD! -- Expiration date: Sept. 2004"

Wow, now that's some old stock.

I do like the Fruits Basket anime a lot, and especially the OP, but it was so long since I last watched it that I forgot whether the rest of the music was worth $4.

I ended up getting to $49.23 with Fruits Basket vol 22, Mushishi 1-6 (although 2's counter said OOS, it still let me check out...), and the Mono CD "Under the Pipal Tree" from the Bargain Bin. Since I didn't preorder vol 23 I'll probably be back in June looking for ways to get free shipping again, heh.

[quote name='Ruined']Any recs from this sale? I have none of it aside from GITS.[/quote]

Highly consider the following (two titles I have already pre-ordered##):
1. Freedom##
2. Sword of the Stranger##
3. Ghost Slayers Ayashi (possibly)

1. Freedom *make sure you order the one with the dub track*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakez2dHgYc&feature=related

2. Sword of the Stranger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nm0SvEd5H8&feature=related

3. Ghost Slayers Ayashi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne6KxmobrC4

[quote name='the_punisher']Any thoughts/recommendations on these:

FLAG Complete Series: $24

Freedom Complete Series: $24

X TV Box Sets 1&2: $20 each[/QUOTE]

Freedom is pretty average, but FLAG and X TV are both fantastic. FLAG was probably one of the best titles released in the last year.

So, I've been staring at this sale for days now, and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Witch Hunter Robin and Crest of the Stars. Witch Hunter seems wildly YMMV and Banner of the Stars looks to be long out of print, and I don't want to start and not be able to get the middle section. I really liked Bebop and Elfen Lied, and I'm a sucker for space stuff. Any thoughts? Also, X TV looks really interesting, but are the remixes going to be thrown together into a box set soon, like Bebop?

[quote name='durden26']So, I've been staring at this sale for days now, and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Witch Hunter Robin and Crest of the Stars. Witch Hunter seems wildly YMMV and Banner of the Stars looks to be long out of print, and I don't want to start and not be able to get the middle section. I really liked Bebop and Elfen Lied, and I'm a sucker for space stuff. Any thoughts? Also, X TV looks really interesting, but are the remixes going to be thrown together into a box set soon, like Bebop?[/QUOTE]

Witch Hunter Robin probably isn't worth a blind buy. It has its moments, but not enough of them. Crest/Banner of the Stars are impressive space soap operas, but they can be pretty dry at times. And since Geneon is kaput, unless Funimation license-rescues X TV Remix, it won't be getting a box set.

Some of my favorite Bandai-published titles include:

Big O/Big O II
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Fantastic Children
FLAG
Jubei-chan
Planetes
Wolf's Rain

You may want to investigate those to see if any of them sound interesting to you.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Highly consider the following (two titles I have already pre-ordered##):
1. Freedom##
2. Sword of the Stranger##
3. Ghost Slayers Ayashi (possibly)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recs, I actually already have Freedom box set on Blu-ray (along with most of the other bandai visual titles) and think its awesome.

Which reminds me, what are the likelihood of #2 and #3 coming to Blu-ray?

Big O/Big O II
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Fantastic Children
FLAG
Jubei-chan
Planetes
Wolf's Rain

These too, which would you think are potential Blu-ray double dips? I think there are unsubbed and undubbed Blu-ray versions of Eureka7 and Cowboy Bebop in Japan IIRC.

[quote name='durden26']So, I've been staring at this sale for days now, and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Witch Hunter Robin and Crest of the Stars. Witch Hunter seems wildly YMMV and Banner of the Stars looks to be long out of print, and I don't want to start and not be able to get the middle section. I really liked Bebop and Elfen Lied, and I'm a sucker for space stuff. Any thoughts? Also, X TV looks really interesting, but are the remixes going to be thrown together into a box set soon, like Bebop?[/quote]

There's something about the character designs and animation style of Witch Hunter Robin that bugs me. The crappy 3D CGI does not blend in well with the more traditional flat looking art and ends up as a distraction. I watched the first disc and am in no hurry for the rest -- the story didn't hook me either.

Toward the Terra was pretty good if you want space stuff. The series spans many years as the protagonist and antagonist become lifelong enemies as they hold strong to their beliefs about humanity and justice. Connected characters help shape their ideals in different ways.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Toward the Terra was pretty good if you want space stuff. The series spans many years as the protagonist and antagonist become lifelong enemies as they hold strong to their beliefs about humanity and justice. Connected characters help shape their ideals in different ways.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I forgot about Toward the Terra when making my list - thank you! Excellent show, but I'm holding off for a cheap collection later this year or early next year. Ditto for Code Geass, though it's not quite as good.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll pass on Witch Hunter, seeing as how I picked up many, many things during the Best Buy sale. I'll keep your suggestions in mind after I plow through some of my stuff, including Planetes, Escaflowne and Bebop. Still, I can never pass up a deal...

My order:
1 $23.99 av80276 Big O DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (
1 $23.99 av80277 Big O II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb
1 $29.99 av20047 Cowboy Bebop Remix DVD Collection (Hy
1 $29.99 av80154 Escaflowne, Vision of DVD Complete Co
1 $11.99 av80272 Escaflowne: The Movie DVD (Hyb) (Anim
1 $29.99 av23476 Fantastic Children DVD Complete Colle
1 $12.00 * gotanime1 Got Anime? Purchasing Club Membership
1 $23.99 av20010 Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb)
Date Available: Jun 16 2009
1 Free swordbook Sword of the Stranger Promotional Boo
1 $29.99 av24016 Wolf's Rain DVD Perfect Collection (H
Date Available: Apr 7 2009
1 $10.00 * pd12791 X TV Series Remix DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12792 X TV Series Remix DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12793 X TV Series Remix DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12794 X TV Series Remix DVD 4 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12795 X TV Series Remix DVD 5 (Hyb)

[quote name='Ruined']My order:
1 $23.99 av80276 Big O DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (
1 $23.99 av80277 Big O II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb
1 $29.99 av20047 Cowboy Bebop Remix DVD Collection (Hy
1 $29.99 av80154 Escaflowne, Vision of DVD Complete Co
1 $11.99 av80272 Escaflowne: The Movie DVD (Hyb) (Anim
1 $29.99 av23476 Fantastic Children DVD Complete Colle
1 $12.00 * gotanime1 Got Anime? Purchasing Club Membership
1 $23.99 av20010 Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb)
Date Available: Jun 16 2009
1 Free swordbook Sword of the Stranger Promotional Boo
1 $29.99 av24016 Wolf's Rain DVD Perfect Collection (H
Date Available: Apr 7 2009
1 $10.00 * pd12791 X TV Series Remix DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12792 X TV Series Remix DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12793 X TV Series Remix DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12794 X TV Series Remix DVD 4 (Hyb)
1 $10.00 * pd12795 X TV Series Remix DVD 5 (Hyb)[/QUOTE]

Those are some excellent choices. Can't do much better than that!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Those are some excellent choices. Can't do much better than that![/QUOTE]

Yeah looks good :)

I was going to pickup FLAG too but did not for a couple of reasons.

- #1 its relatively recent so possible Blu-ray double-dip fodder
- #2 from the description it seems to be a Japanese animated adaptation/re-envisioning of the American 'flags of our fathers' story from WWII, whose imagery in reality helped motivate Americans to stick in the war and defeat Germany/Japan - which altogether seems a bit bizarre to me.

New sale up. Also reminder that today is the last chance to get in any orders for the bandai sale if your still contemplating getting anything.

[quote name='StarKnightX']New sale up. Also reminder that today is the last chance to get in any orders for the bandai sale if your still contemplating getting anything.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any reccomendations from this new Aurora sale?

Basically looking for:
* Stuff that likely won't be on Blu-ray (made before 2005 or SD mastered)
* Stuff that is relatively mature in tone/content
* Stuff that is good
* Scifi/fantasy preferred

I have none of the Aurora discs, any ideas?

[quote name='Ruined']Anyone have any reccomendations from this new Aurora sale?

Basically looking for:
* Stuff that likely won't be on Blu-ray (made before 2005 or SD mastered)
* Stuff that is relatively mature in tone/content
* Stuff that is good
* Scifi/fantasy preferred

I have none of the Aurora discs, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It's only manga.....

I'll skip this sale since I'm still waiting for some of my stuff to ship from the Banadi sale... And I don't really see any thing of interest.

[quote name='Ruined']#2 from the description it seems to be a Japanese animated adaptation/re-envisioning of the American 'flags of our fathers' story from WWII, whose imagery in reality helped motivate Americans to stick in the war and defeat Germany/Japan - which altogether seems a bit bizarre to me.[/quote]

I thought the same thing when Medal of Honor: Rising Sun was released in Japan. :D

Caved in on Sunday and bought Crest/Banner of the Stars II, FLAG and X TV 1 - 8. Is there a good way to get ahold of Banner I? I'd like to buy it, but I can't find it anywhere.

The new sale is up(32% off all instock items). I might sit this one out since I'm still waiting for the stuf I ordered during the Bandai sale and I have no idea when to the orders will ship...

Kinda looks like they jacked up the regular discounted prices for this 'sale' though. Ends up only slightly cheaper than before based on a random sample of plushies and other knick knacks.

If you read the whole thing, it says it's up to 32% off MSRP, and only 10% off their normal prices (which is standard for the in-stock sale.) Why they wrote it up this way is beyond me.

Generally, this can be a good way to save a tiny bit extra on some manga... but the difference is only a few cents, and it doesn't work on all of it (Del-Ray, for example, seems like it'll come out a few cents more.)

I'm skipping it- the only stuff that'd be worhtwhile is the second half of Sugar Sugar Rune, which is Del-Ray and not in stock. I'll be focusing on the Gamedays sale at GS and my upcoming anime con next week.

I forgot about the Gamedays sale at GS. I'll definitely hold off on this and wait for the next Bandai/Funimation/whatever sale since the deals are much better during those sales. Not to mention I ordered most of the stuff I wanted already...

bread's done
Back