Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my DVD's in yesterday and my Guyver vol. 3 had a Best Buy 19.99 sticker and I think one of my Vandread: Second Stage did as well. Just thought I'd bring it up since I was a bit confused when I saw it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Got my DVD's in yesterday and my Guyver vol. 3 had a Best Buy 19.99 sticker and I think one of my Vandread: Second Stage did as well. Just thought I'd bring it up since I was a bit confused when I saw it.[/QUOTE]

Bargain bin stuff can have that, it has happened to me many times. Rightstuf apparently took in the physical store returns at some point. Not sure how it worked, perhaps the anime companies got the returns back and then sold them to rightstuf for drastically reduced prices. It was very common thing when they were doing the 10 dvds for $50, 25 dvds for $100 studio sales back in the day for ADV and Geneon.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I've always loved the Tylor series. I first saw it back in the late 90s when I used to go to Terrapin Anime Society meetings at Univ of MD back in 96 and 97. It is a series that never fails to make me laugh.[/QUOTE]

Hey, while you're on the topic of anime clubs, you have any idea what happened to the ones at Towson and CCBC Dundalk? I've heard of some floating around, but they all disappeared before I got the courage to face their hordes of weeboos in person (Or maybe we're from different generations?). Pandora's Cube, Project Eva, any of these names ring a bell?

It's like I'm peddling slang names for smack.

There's always more stuff for me to buy:

• Petite Princess Yucie DVD Box Set
  • Kaleido Star Complete Collection DVD
  • Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set
  • Nadia, Secret of the Blue Water DVD Collection 1
  • Nadia, Secret of the Blue Water DVD Collection 2

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Hey, while you're on the topic of anime clubs, you have any idea what happened to the ones at Towson and CCBC Dundalk? I've heard of some floating around, but they all disappeared before I got the courage to face their hordes of weeboos in person (Or maybe we're from different generations?). Pandora's Cube, Project Eva, any of these names ring a bell?

It's like I'm peddling slang names for smack.
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I actually never went to any other clubs after TAS, and last time I went there was in 1997 before I went into the Air Force. I know UMBC has/had an anime club, but don't know much info on it. I just remember seeing fliers for Anime viewing events while visiting friends on campus.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Petite Princess Yucie was on sale? I've been waiting for a while now....[/QUOTE]

Uh, sorry, I wasn't exactly being entirely forthcoming. I bought it from Right Stuf through Amazon for $19.99. However, you are in luck: the Petite Princess Yucie thinpak collection is still being sold on Amazon by Right Stuf, though it's now priced at $21.99 instead, which is still better than Right Stuf's website's price of $44.99.

I hope that helps!

FUNimation sale is up, $33 each for FMA Brotherhood Blu-Ray ($30 for the DVD versions), why are they doing this to me?

Also $36 each for Soul Eater 3 & 4, but that's still kinda high for me.

Casshern Sins, a series i had never heard of before, is $30 each for both parts and looks pretty good just based on MAL.

Casshern Sins is worth closer to $6 than $60.

If you're looking for a whole lot of standing around, saying nothing, grunting, and looking off into the distance retrospectively, though, you may be in for a treat!

Did the prices of the Slayers 3-season set and Sasami season 2 actually go up because of the FUNi sale? They were $30 and $9 respectively yesterday, now they're $45 and $15.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Did the prices of the Slayers 3-season set and Sasami season 2 actually go up because of the FUNi sale? They were $30 and $9 respectively yesterday, now they're $45 and $15.[/QUOTE]
I haven't followed those prices in particular, but when a sale like this goes on rightstuf usually ups the discount cost of anime affected by the sale. 40% off only effects the original msrp, not the current discount price. I think they raise the discount prices so that you make sure to use the coupon, and also it allows you to use an additional got anime discount on anime that they classified as bargain bin before.

For example, Soul Eater Part 3 was $36 bargain bin discount price before this sale started, but then it went up to $45. The msrp remained the same after the sale started, and part 3 was taken out of bargain bin, so I was able to get it for $60 msrp - $14 40% coupon - $3.60 got anime discount = $32.50

Same for me I guess. The Case closed Detective Conan VC releases were each 16.99 but then went to 22.99. I go for the movies instead and wait for FUNi to lower the VC prices again.

[quote name='lilman']I haven't followed those prices in particular, but when a sale like this goes on rightstuf usually ups the discount cost of anime affected by the sale. 40% off only effects the original msrp, not the current discount price. I think they raise the discount prices so that you make sure to use the coupon, and also it allows you to use an additional got anime discount on anime that they classified as bargain bin before.

For example, Soul Eater Part 3 was $36 bargain bin discount price before this sale started, but then it went up to $45. The msrp remained the same after the sale started, and part 3 was taken out of bargain bin, so I was able to get it for $60 msrp - $14 40% coupon - $3.60 got anime discount = $32.50[/QUOTE]Ah! I get it. Thank you very much!:D

I watched the first episode of Slayers on FUNimation's website tonight. Seventy-eight episodes of that for about $30 is a pretty damn good deal!

Picked up these Box sets today. 2 from weekly specials and 2 from the Funimation sale.

Familiar of Zero
Magikano
Negima!? Season 2
Solty Rei

I keep telling myself I need to stop buying, but I have horrible willpower. xD

[quote name='G-Nitro']Picked up these Box sets today. 2 from weekly specials and 2 from the Funimation sale.

Familiar of Zero
Magikano
Negima!? Season 2
Solty Rei

I keep telling myself I need to stop buying, but I have horrible willpower. xD[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up, Negima Season 2 is really bad. I enjoyed the first Negima anime and am currently reading the manga, but Negima Season 2 is nothing like the first anime series. It lacks any sense of humor (although it tries to make jokes, there is nothing funny) and the scenes seem randomly clipped together. It was one of the few animes that I would unwatch if I could.

Familiar of Zero is a fun series, and Magikano is alright (it's what you would expect it to be... not a great show, but easy going). I haven't seen Solty Rei but it's in my backlog.

Kurau was great! Thanks for the recommendation.

I wish they would have tied it up though, instead of leaving it open like that. I felt like it could keep being repeated. ( If one died, the other would be alone until the other came back.)

Just something I was wondering about.....but besides that....good story.

I thought Ayaka and Doug were gonna get together for some reason. :whistle2:#

(Another) Question: Will the price of the Slayers 3 season bundle go back down after the FUNi sale is over or will it stay at $45? Do the prices return to normal, even if lower than the sale price, after a RS sale concludes?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Kurau was great! Thanks for the recommendation.

I wish they would have tied it up though, instead of leaving it open like that. I felt like it could keep being repeated. ( If one died, the other would be alone until the other came back.)

Just something I was wondering about.....but besides that....good story.

I thought Ayaka and Doug were gonna get together for some reason. :whistle2:#
[/QUOTE]

Yay! Hurrah! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for Kurau's ending:
I think Kurau has a perfect ending — absolutely flawless. I especially love the time lapse in the last episode where Christmas is on her way back to Earth alone. Also, the epilogue was amazing; I love how it mirrors the prologue at the beginning of the show. After Kurau leaves, Christmas is left on her own for ten long years, and the melancholy she feels during that period is quite effecting. Then once those ten years have passed, Kurau returns, which is very touching and extremely satisfying. Kurau and Christmas are finally back together, happily ever after. The end. That's what I call perfection, and I haven't seen another show conclude in a manner as flawless as Kurau does.

As for things being repeated, that thought never crossed my mind. I know this is unbecoming of a Kurau fanatic such as myself — though keep in mind it's been almost a year since I first watched Kurau — but I seem to remember the show being fairly conclusive on that front. I don't think Kurau and Christmas are ever going to run into trouble again, and I don't think the Rynax are ever going to be used as an energy source or as a means for scientific experimentation again.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yay! Hurrah! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for Kurau's ending:
I think Kurau has a perfect ending — absolutely flawless. I especially love the time lapse in the last episode where Christmas is on her way back to Earth alone. Also, the epilogue was amazing; I love how it mirrors the prologue at the beginning of the show. After Kurau leaves, Christmas is left on her own for ten long years, and the melancholy she feels during that period is quite effecting. Then once those ten years have passed, Kurau returns, which is very touching and extremely satisfying. Kurau and Christmas are finally back together, happily ever after. The end. That's what I call perfection, and I haven't seen another show conclude in a manner as flawless as Kurau does.

As for things being repeated, that thought never crossed my mind. I know this is unbecoming of a Kurau fanatic such as myself — though keep in mind it's been almost a year since I first watched Kurau — but I seem to remember the show being fairly conclusive on that front. I don't think Kurau and Christmas are ever going to run into trouble again, and I don't think the Rynax are ever going to be used as an energy source or as a means for scientific experimentation again.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Rynax were sent to a world far away, making it seem like they are never going to return to earth. However, unless I'm confused, they never said they were the last two "Rynax" on earth.

The whole series was good from start to finish.

Dagnabit, I still haven't gotten to watching Kurau. They're still sealed up shiny and new. I feel like Razzuel is forming a cult.

[quote name='Hibiwa'] I feel like Razzuel is forming a cult.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm vehemently against the show. I will never drink the kool-aid!

[quote name='Hibiwa']I feel like Razzuel is forming a cult.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I already did.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']That's why I'm vehemently against the show. I will never drink the kool-aid![/QUOTE]

You can never hold out forever; you will succumb!

[quote name='refusedchaos']I'm SO tempted to buy all the Soul Eater sets....but I am afraid of them dropping in price further or a better set coming out.[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out for the Blu-rays, personally.

Not too much for me during this sale - just the new budget sets for Big Windup! and The Wallflower, plus the second Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood set on Blu. I was hoping they'd get Funimation's September titles up before the sale ended so I could add Eden of the East in there, but no dice. Ah well, I'll wait for the next sale in a few months.

Awww man, Big Windup for $18, I'm really really tempted, I really liked that anime, the 6 or so episodes I've seen so far

Picked up from their Deaily deals: Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity
And from the weekly specials I got Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi) and X-Change 3 h-game.

I finished watching Tsukihime not too long ago. It certainly wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either — it definitely left a lot to be desired. It seemed like I could see the source material trying to break free from the chains of the anime, but the anime was bogged down with bad writing and poor execution. Also, the ending was quite a let down; after the climax had passed, I thought of a perfect way to end the show given what had been wrought so far, but the scenes after the climax couldn't even do that. Instead the show hit me on the head saying, "No, don't have those thoughts. What happened in the ending was final, and that's that."

The anime really got me interested in reading the visual novel, so I'm interested in tracking it down. I'd love to see more of Arcueid, since she was the best part of the show. Though I think I'm going to have to settle for a less than spectacular version of the visual novel. The release that I'm interested in purchasing, Tsuki-Bako, is apparently quite rare, and it's generally sold for 400 dollars or more these days, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This is why most people refuse to acknowledge that it was ever made.

You'll want to "track down" that VN and do it because you'll see that the other characters are actually good, and that they got shafted in Arc's route.

I just got my replacements in the mail for Rumbling Hearts Vol. 3 and Barefoot Gen, and guess what. They have the exact same issue as before!

fuck you, Right Stuf. fuck you.

IMAG0008.jpg

I took three other pictures if you want to see it from some other angles. This nasty film shit is hard to capture on camera.

More Pictures of Rumbling Hearts Vol. 3

[quote name='Razzuel']The anime really got me interested in reading the visual novel, so I'm interested in tracking it down. I'd love to see more of Arcueid, since she was the best part of the show. Though I think I'm going to have to settle for a less than spectacular version of the visual novel. The release that I'm interested in purchasing, Tsuki-Bako, is apparently quite rare, and it's generally sold for 400 dollars or more these days, which is absolutely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting a... umm... questable version ;) of the VN from someone. I know you are anti-questionable version, but if you ever decide to join the darkside... I should stop. :lol:

[quote name='Razzuel']I just got my replacements in the mail for Rumbling Hearts Vol. 3 and Barefoot Gen, and guess what. They have the exact same issue as before!

fuck you, Right Stuf. fuck you.

I took three other pictures if you want to see it from some other angles. This nasty film shit is hard to capture on camera.[/QUOTE]

Hello Razzuel,

i also bought the Rumbling Hearts Series a few years ago and i just checked my Vol. 3 for the damage you mentioned.

For me, it looks like you are worried about the "darker" areas on the backside of the DVD. This is glue from the manufacturing that didnt cover the whole dvd, nothing to worry about. I just did pics of my Vol. 3 to show you. Please send me a PM so i can show you the pics (i am not allowed to post url's or pics yet :()

I also scanned the DVD with NeroCD/DVD Speed and there were no defective files or any other problem. I also checked the episodes, no problem.

Dont worry about it ;)

[quote name='Chronis']Someone needs to buy $49 worth of blind box items.[/QUOTE]
I would pick up one of each blind box if the DUAL! box set goes back on their weekly special.

I thought the series was good too.

[quote name='Razzuel']Holy shit, that's impressive, however, with my luck they would probably send me the worst shit they have.[/QUOTE]

They'd probably send me an empty box :/

[quote name='Veronica Mars']They'd probably send me an empty box :/[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damn foul. Has that happened before, or is your luck somehow worse than mine?

[quote name='Razzuel']That's pretty damn foul. Has that happened before, or is your luck somehow worse than mine?[/QUOTE]

Probably.

I'd like to know if they've sent like office supplies or something, or if it has always been media related.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Probably.

I'd like to know if they've sent like office supplies or something, or if it has always been media related.[/QUOTE]

Uh, that wasn't a yes or no question...

And I don't think you really understand the point of the Blind Box items. They're not going to send you a box of pens and compressed air canisters; the amount of money that you spend on the Blind Box item determines how valuable the item is that you receive, so the more money you spend, the more valuable of an item you would receive, and they are going to send you something that follows these guidelines:

• Is anime, manga or Asia-related;
  • Will be new and never previously handled;
  • May be in Bargain Bin** condition: That is, it may have a cosmetic scratch or dent, including (but not limited to) a scratched case or cover, a wrinkle in the cover, or a dented case corner, but we warrant the item will otherwise work as intended;
  • May be a single volume from a multi-volume set; and/or
  • May be a random volume from a series.
Also, I should mention that when I said "the worst shit they have" I was referring to receiving something God-awful like M.D. Geist or Garzey's Wing. Or I might receive something awesome, but the disc would be fucked up; at least that seems to be the curse that I've been stricken with as of late.

[quote name='Razzuel']Uh, that wasn't a yes or no question...

And I don't think you really understand the point of the Blind Box items. They're not going to send you a box of pens and compressed air canisters; the amount of money that you spend on the Blind Box item determines how valuable the item is that you receive, so the more money you spend, the more valuable of an item you would receive, and they are going to send you something that follows these guidelines:

• Is anime, manga or Asia-related;
  • Will be new and never previously handled;
  • May be in Bargain Bin** condition: That is, it may have a cosmetic scratch or dent, including (but not limited to) a scratched case or cover, a wrinkle in the cover, or a dented case corner, but we warrant the item will otherwise work as intended;
  • May be a single volume from a multi-volume set; and/or
  • May be a random volume from a series.
Also, I should mention that when I said "the worst shit they have" I was referring to receiving something God-awful like M.D. Geist or Garzey's Wing. Or I might receive something awesome, but the disc would be fucked up; at least that seems to be the curse that I've been stricken with as of late.
[/QUOTE]

I went to the page and saw all of that. My Bad.

Forget I said anything.

Anyways, Monte Cristo finally went down to 20 bucks.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I went to the page and saw all of that. My Bad. Forget I said anything.[/QUOTE]

It's all right; you're fine.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Anyways, Monte Cristo finally went down to 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

And everybody who doesn't own it better fucking buy it. Not only is it a great show, but that specific collection is amazing — the art box is beautiful, each of the DVD cases have amazing art, and each of the DVD cases have a reversible cover. It's an amazing package for an amazing price. Don't fuck this up, people that haven't bought it yet.

bread's done
Back