Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandai sale just started. I was wondering if you all thought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was worth the price tag? Even with the sale +got anime it should be about $14.99. Which is quite a bit for a movie (on dvd).

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Bandai sale just started. I was wondering if you all thought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was worth the price tag? Even with the sale +got anime it should be about $14.99. Which is quite a bit for a movie (on dvd).[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I loved the movie! I love stuff that deals with time travel, and this movie does a great job with it. Also, the movie had a great combination of funny, tense, and touching moments.

No, I'd side with DarkSageRK that TGWLTT stunk. It's subjective, just like the praise heaped for that ballerina Duck. Bleh.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Bandai sale just started. I was wondering if you all thought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was worth the price tag? Even with the sale +got anime it should be about $14.99. Which is quite a bit for a movie (on dvd).[/QUOTE]
Here is a quick, spoiler-free review I posted on my blog last year.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=7421
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to the Best Buy sale, I bought more anime than I really should have. However, I think I can live with it.

I will simply use the smilies to rank the various things I mention.

:D = Outstanding
:) = Good
:whistle2:k = Fair, but flawed
:cry: = Bad

thegirlwholeaptthrought.jpg

The first title I watched was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. The story involves a high school girl, Makoto, who loves to throw the baseball with a few friends and is a fairly average girl. Through an accident she literally has the ability to take a running leap back in time. The movie starts with some fun, light comedy and progresses to a more dramatic tone. At first she uses her ability for benign things, but she progressively has things occur in her life that affect people around her that she want to set right. The problem is that you never know what those changes bring in the future.

Story: :D

Simple, yet interesting story with likable characters that are easy to identify with. There are some very compelling moments in the movie and they all build to a great crescendo.

Art/Animation: :D

The character designs are fantastic. There is a subtle soft feel to everything you see and the animation is very life like.

Fan Service: None

Fanservice would have been inappropriate in this film.

Final thoughts: :D

I bought this film as a total blind buy and was VERY pleased. This anime is well worth a view for anyone looking for something different in anime from the standard mech, shonen, or fanservice laden shows that are so prevalent now. This is a great movie to introduce people to anime as well. It makes you laugh, then it makes you teary-eyed. The movie just has a lot of heart.

Here's the bandai deals I thought were good. Note that these prices don't include the additional 10% from gotanime memberships.

Cowboy Bebop Remix DVD Collection
: $30
If you don't already have Cowboy Bebop, get it. One of the best anime series ever.

Eureka Seven DVD Complete Collection 1 or 2
: $30 ea
I've rewatched this series many times. You can't beat $60 for 50 episodes.

Lucky Star Complete Collection DVD
Lucky Star is hilarious! Note that this doesn't come out until next month.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya DVD Complete Collection: $36
Unique. I have no idea why this series is so expensive considering that it is only 13 episodes long. Anyways, awesome show, and this is the cheapest I've seen it.

My-HiME Complete Collection DVD: $30
This is an action series. It's pretty good if you enjoy that genre. I don't know if I would buy it, I just rented it once and that was enough for me. But $30 is a good price.

Wolf's Rain DVD Perfect Collection
I haven't seen this series since it aired on Adult Swim (or whatever it was called back then), but I remember liking it. Great art and story.

Alright then, I'll go ahead and pick up the girl who leapt through time, even though the cheapass in me is screaming not to pay so much for one DVD, lol. Now I just need to some good stuff to add to the order to get to $50.

I was thinking of picking up these:
Sword of the Stranger (Blu-Ray)
Towards the Terra
Planetes

Any of you have any opinions on the above shows/movies? Don't want to spend too much above $50, so I'll only be getting one or two more things on top of the girl who leapt through time. I'll also take any other bandai recommendations that are part of the sale. The only bandai stuff I own so far is Cowboy Bebop.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']
Towards the Terra
Planetes
[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Planetes (haven't seen the other 2, although I will also be picking up the Sword of the Stranger BR). Unlike most anime set in space, it skews more towards hard sci-fi and has a somewhat more realistic tone to it.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']
Towards the Terra
Planetes[/QUOTE]

All three of those are good choices, but give your priority to Planetes, followed by Toward the Terra.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']need a new sale on trigun![/QUOTE]
I think they sold out of the remix bundle, so you may have to wait for the funimation re-release.

[quote name='lilman']I think they sold out of the remix bundle, so you may have to wait for the funimation re-release.[/QUOTE]

There is a re-release coming?

[quote name='lilman']I think they sold out of the remix bundle, so you may have to wait for the funimation re-release.[/QUOTE]

It looks like five of the six volumes are still available at $10 each.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']They've already said they're making a new dub for it, so... that's a pretty big one.[/QUOTE]
Nope, in that link, post #91 by one of Funimation's people says they won't be redubbing it, thank goodness, that'd be such a waste of resources.

yeah honestly, I really liked the original Trigun dub. Changing it would have probably alienated a lot of the older fans of the series.

Soul Eater Part 2 just arrived 15 days before release date of March 30... hell freakin yeah! Got free economy shipping too. Already watched Part 1 twice and it was sooo good. Will preorder Parts 3 and 4 from Rightstuf when they become available (and when they have another funimation sale).

Damn you, Right Stuf! They are the masters of taking my money. Well, here's my latest order, which takes advantage of their Nozomi sale.

• Aria The Animation DVD Collection
  • Aria The Natural DVD Collection Part 1
  • Aria The Natural DVD Collection Part 2
  • Aria The Origination + Arietta OVA DVD Collection
  • Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 1
  • Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 2
  • Super Gals Season 2 DVD Box Set
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA Series DVD Collection Remastered

[quote name='Razzuel']Damn you, Right Stuf! They are the masters of taking my money. Well, here's my latest order, which takes advantage of their Nozomi sale.

• Aria The Animation DVD Collection
  • Aria The Natural DVD Collection Part 1
  • Aria The Natural DVD Collection Part 2
  • Aria The Origination + Arietta OVA DVD Collection
  • Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 1
  • Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 2
  • Super Gals Season 2 DVD Box Set
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA Series DVD Collection Remastered
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure Rightstuf loves you.

See if that was 40% off the clearance prices too, I would be all over some of those sets. Wow, Ultramaniac is still $90?? Damn, (and no I don't plan on buying it, because I already have it. My wife got me to buy it a bit ago) I can't believe its still that high.

They have all the Eureka Seven Special Editions for $10 each, I'm thinking of picking that up. How good is it?

[quote name='Sako']They have all the Eureka Seven Special Editions for $10 each, I'm thinking of picking that up. How good is it?[/QUOTE]
Are you asking if the series is good or the se? I've watched the series many times and really enjoyed it. High quality animation, great story, good character development, ... you get the idea, I really liked it.

As far as the special editions go, $10 is a good price but I usually don't care about special/limited edition boxes. I just copy the dvds to my digital collection and store the box away. What size do those shirts come in anyway? I would only get the special edition of volume 1 and 7 since those include ost 1 and 2 respectively, which besides the techno stuff (not a fan) has some great music. Other than those I would get the regular cheap dvds.

[quote name='lilman']As far as the special editions go, $10 is a good price but I usually don't care about special/limited edition boxes. I just copy the dvds to my digital collection and store the box away. What size do those shirts come in anyway? I would only get the special edition of volume 1 and 7 since those include ost 1 and 2 respectively, which besides the techno stuff (not a fan) has some great music. Other than those I would get the regular cheap dvds.[/QUOTE]

In addition to special editions 1 and 7, the last volume is also worth picking up for the bonus music CD and DVD. The shirts all come in whale sizes, and are completely useless for people like me who can't wear anything but XS.

The shirts are large. I Weigh 125lbs so after several washes they seemed to fit comfortablt to about a medium size. I am missing Vol.2 dvd of Eureka...have not seen it cheap. I did pick up the rest of the series though at that cheap price.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']In addition to special editions 1 and 7, the last volume is also worth picking up for the bonus music CD and DVD. The shirts all come in whale sizes, and are completely useless for people like me who can't wear anything but XS.[/QUOTE]

XS? Are they painted on you? I'm small, but I still wear an M.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']XS? Are they painted on you? I'm small, but I still wear an M.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's not a bad idea! I'm 5'8", 120 pounds, with a runner's body - too small for even standard S-sizes. It makes shopping for clothing a pain.

[quote name='lilman']Evangelion DVD Platinum Complete Collection (Holiday Edition) $40:
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/hcpb7fJICChlgN1Yke/browse/item/81583/4/0/0

138 remaining at time of posting. I have the non-holiday platinum collection and love it. This includes a few director's cut episodes... watch these instead of the standard cut as they include some additional scenes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Ordered it with the cutie honey anime to get free shipping.:)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Hey, that's not a bad idea! I'm 5'8", 120 pounds, with a runner's body - too small for even standard S-sizes. It makes shopping for clothing a pain.[/QUOTE]

WTF? I'm roughly the same size as you and I can barely fit some mediums. You sure you don't mean 4'8"? =P

[quote name='Virsago']Thanks for this. Ordered it with the cutie honey anime to get free shipping.:)[/QUOTE]
If you enjoy the series, you are going to want to also get the "End of Evangelion" movie. It replaces the last two episodes of the series and is considered the true ending (you'll understand what I mean when you finish the series). Rightstuf doesn't seem to have it, so you'll have to find it somewhere else.

You might also come across a movie called "Death and Rebirth"... you can skip that, it's just a recap clip show of the series.

[quote name='elessar123']WTF? I'm roughly the same size as you and I can barely fit some mediums. You sure you don't mean 4'8"? =P[/QUOTE]

Positive.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Hey, that's not a bad idea! I'm 5'8", 120 pounds, with a runner's body - too small for even standard S-sizes. It makes shopping for clothing a pain.[/QUOTE]

Do you have long hair? Then you'd totally be any fangirl's dream.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Do you have long hair? Then you'd totally be any fangirl's dream.[/QUOTE]
So... rightstuff sales... (I'm just kidding ChibiJosh, you can gawk at Kirin Lemon all you want ;))

I need another Funimation sale so I can preorder the rest of Soul Eater. I love how rightstuf sends it out like 2 weeks before release date.

[quote name='elessar123']WTF? I'm roughly the same size as you and I can barely fit some mediums. You sure you don't mean 4'8"? =P[/QUOTE]

What kind of mediums do you wear or where do you get them from? I'm about 5'9 and around 170 lbs and I pretty much only wear mediums and larges (and extra larges that I have left over from when I was larger).

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ick, no! Gross! Girls are gross![/QUOTE]

Was waiting from this response from you.;) Incidentally , being a fangirls dream of course doesn't mean you have to be interested in them , as anime and manga have clearly shown us.

Getting back to the topic of the thread though.....that Evangelion holiday platinum complete collection. Is there anything special or different from that set than the regular platinum complete collection?

[quote name='StarKnightX']Getting back to the topic of the thread though.....that Evangelion holiday platinum complete collection. Is there anything special or different from that set than the regular platinum complete collection?[/QUOTE]

It includes the extras from the single-disc releases that were removed from the thinpak collection. Commentary tracks and such.

Alright, I'm going to be picking up Season 2 of Kaleido Star at $19.99 for my wife. What are some recommendations to bump that sucker over $50 for free shipping (yeah, economy shipping is $3, but that's $3 I could put into something else!)?

bread's done
Back