RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roger watersmelon']Oh, in case people are wondering, make sure you go to the actual end of the checkout process if you're using the 40% off code. The amount it took off for me was incorrect right up until the final confirmation (when it was corrected to be 40% off).[/QUOTE]

Mine even gave me an error when I entered the code, but the code still worked when you go through the process checkout again with the code in the cart, so you won't have to enter it again.

So it's definitely working, just a bit glitchy.

Hmmm, I just can't get the code to work for some reason. It says:
"The coupon that you have entered, "CI1XCW2AE717J," does not appear to be valid. Please use the back button in your web browser to return to the previous page."

[quote name='Easystride']Hmmm, I just can't get the code to work for some reason. It says:
"The coupon that you have entered, "CI1XCW2AE717J," does not appear to be valid. Please use the back button in your web browser to return to the previous page."[/QUOTE]

As mentioned in my previous post, go back to your cart now, and you can see the discount is active. Try going to rightstuf main page though, and then look in your cart from there, so don't go back through the checkout process.

[quote name='Squarehard']As mentioned in my previous post, go back to your cart now, and you can see the discount is active. Try going to rightstuf main page though, and then look in your cart from there, so don't go back through the checkout process.[/QUOTE]

Wait, rightstuf? The 40% off code is for the Funimation store.

[quote name='Sway']Wait, rightstuf? The 40% off code is for the Funimation store.[/QUOTE]

Slip of the tongue, I got confused since this talk is going on in the rightstuf page, but my stance still stands. If you go all the way through to the end, the discount will apply, even if there are errors during checkout, at least for now. :p

I received an e-mail that my initial order is being cancelled so I placed another order with different items with the 40% coupon code.

I hope all goes well. Nice deals! :)

[quote name='elessar123']Because of the Tsubasa talk, I wondered what happened to the complete collection. Apparantly, it's rare? There's one up on Amazon for $999 new, and a used DVD set sold for $60.

http://www.amazon.com/Tsubasa-RESER...9QA8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324056961&sr=8-3

It's sitting on my shelf, sealed, from BBY's anime sale a year or two ago...[/QUOTE]
See if you can sell it for $998. :lol:

Then I'll undercut you and sell mine for $997.

Finally an update on my second order. It looks like the whole thing is being held back from shipping by Amagami SS v2 being OOS. Guess their stock system was wrong? At least they seem to think that Sentai is printing off more copies for them, though I don't know if that's just what they say about every backordered item like some sites to do stall for time.

My Rightstuf order is now in processing. My Funimation order of Utwareumono and Initial D: 4th Stage is in process because I didn't realize 4th Stage was a damn preorder. Still for THAT price and free shipping I can't complain about a slight delay. Especially when goddamn Amazon and Buy.com have been having anime deals as well.

[quote name='B:L']See if you can sell it for $998. :lol:

Then I'll undercut you and sell mine for $997.
[/QUOTE]

lol, I obviously don't think it'd ever sell at $999.99, but it might at $200ish. I'd never thought my $149.99 Negima! 4 disk version would sell, but it did.

Seems like it was working for preorders since I was able to use the coupon for Heaven's Lost Property and Rosario? The 40% coupon I mean

I finally received my package yesterday with Angel Beats! and the four Clannad DVD sets along with two Blind Buy items: V.1 of Last Exile (useless since I already own the complete series) and V.1 of Shattered Angels (anyone have any thoughts on this one?). As I requested in the "Comments" section when I was checking out, everything was packed neatly and securely so that nothing was damaged. :D

Had to join in on the Funimation sale.

Ordered Initial D Stages 2, 3, and 4 (in two s..a.v.e. box sets), Utawarerumono, and Devil May Cry, all for $40 shipped after the coupon and BOGO sale.

Everything worked out nicely. After all is said and done I purchased:

RightStuf
1. Murder Princess
2. Pretear DVD Collection
3. Project Blue Earth SOS
4. Samurai Champloo Blu-ray
5. Those Who Hunt Elves

FUNimation:
1. Last Exile
2. Sands of Destruction
3. 009-1
4. Coyote Ragtime Show
5. Bamboo Blade
6. Blassreiter
7. Devil May Cry Blu-ray
8. Heroic Ages Blu-ray

Pretty sweet deals, too. Cost me $132. Thanks everyone for sharing all the sales and codes.

I hope there are more codes. The 40% one is supposed to expire today but for now I'm done. If they throw another one out later before Christmas I may jump but I am saving up my money for the Steam sale now. I need help... :bomb:

[quote name='elessar123']lol, I obviously don't think it'd ever sell at $999.99, but it might at $200ish. I'd never thought my $149.99 Negima! 4 disk version would sell, but it did.[/QUOTE]

I sold a sealed bleach box set 1 (with the chain of fate wallet chain) for $200 (bought 4 or 5 of them during the BB anime clearance for $35 each). Also sold WHR collector's set for $125 at one point (I think they were 27.99 at rightstuf at the time).

I'm mad at myself for selling these so cheap though:

http://www.amazon.com/Nightwalker-A...1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1324083387&sr=1-4

I sold 4 or 5 new copies for $20 each. I still have one that I kept for myself. #-o

[quote name='slowdive21']I sold a sealed bleach box set 1 (with the chain of fate wallet chain) for $200 (bought 4 or 5 of them during the BB anime clearance for $35 each). Also sold WHR collector's set for $125 at one point (I think they were 27.99 at rightstuf at the time).

I'm mad at myself for selling these so cheap though:

http://www.amazon.com/Nightwalker-A...1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1324083387&sr=1-4

I sold 4 or 5 new copies for $20 each. I still have one that I kept for myself. #-o[/QUOTE]

That's pretty crazy, never thought you could flip anime lol. The only thing I have that seems to be of value is DBZ Box Set 2 and Ouran High School Blu, but I don't think I can ever part with them.

[quote name='backseatdog']That's pretty crazy, never thought you could flip anime lol. The only thing I have that seems to be of value is DBZ Box Set 2 and Ouran High School Blu, but I don't think I can ever part with them.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't think I would be able to do it with today's market. It used to be easier when companies were tanking and the market was recovering. I used to sell Anime Japanamation VHS in the late 90s, but I got out of it around the time of the crash. I actually tried to buy out large stock when some companies went under, but that didn't work out. For a few years I poached some cheap stuff and dumped it to pay for the habit, but now I mainly just sell off my doubles of "new" old stock.

I think if people are really into Anime, they could still do it though.

So, I see the Funimation code is supposed to exclude pre-orders, but still works for them. Has anyone's order been cancelled if they use it for a pre-order? I'd like to get Initial D season 4 with it.

I find it hilarious that I received Initial D Season 4 two months ago from Right Stuf. Sometimes I get shows a week or two earlier, but never two months before release date, haha.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']So, I see the Funimation code is supposed to exclude pre-orders, but still works for them. Has anyone's order been cancelled if they use it for a pre-order? I'd like to get Initial D season 4 with it.[/QUOTE]
So far no. I used the code for Rosario 1 and 2 and Heaven's Lost Property "Crosses fingers"

[quote name='rgon86']So far no. I used the code for Rosario 1 and 2 and Heaven's Lost Property "Crosses fingers"[/QUOTE]

I would've done the same, but RightStuf already shipped all three so I can't cancel. Only picked up Monte Cristo and 009. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the Funimation Shop for their 2012 releases, might be able to snag some good deals on their Limited Editions.

It's too bad their prices aren't slightly better on certain things. I was looking to get Darker Than Black season 2, but even with the coupon it's only like $5 below amazon.

My Right Stuf order shipped earlier in the week and is supposed to get to me on Monday. Not sure, though, as the last update on the tracking shows up in Iowa.

The only thing I haven't gotten any kind of update on is Angel Beats! I ordered that one on Black Friday.

Looks like rightstuf went ahead and shipped the part of my order that was in stock.

How good are they about actually fulfilling orders that have been backordered? My backordered item (Amagami SS v2) wasn't released all that long ago, so I don't think it's technically out of print, but I don't have much experience with this sort of thing.

[quote name='fwbweux']Looks like rightstuf went ahead and shipped the part of my order that was in stock.

How good are they about actually fulfilling orders that have been backordered? My backordered item (Amagami SS v2) wasn't released all that long ago, so I don't think it's technically out of print, but I don't have much experience with this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

If you were able to order it, then you're pretty much guaranteed to receive it once they get some more stock in, especially with something like Amagami SS Vol 2, which was just released on November 1st.

The only items I've had canceled were two volumes of Kare Kano, but I ordered those after Tokyopop died, and it had been years since those two volumes had even been released.

Don't worry; you'll get your stuff.

They just shipped out my Seto set that was backordered. Should arrive before xmas. I would assume they are good about fulfilling it provided the manufacturer produces it still.

Really wish I could hold out on ordering from here, I got $40 already from christmas, and would like to do some blu-ray upgrading (yeah I know most is SD upscale, don't care)

[quote name='fwbweux']Looks like rightstuf went ahead and shipped the part of my order that was in stock.

How good are they about actually fulfilling orders that have been backordered? My backordered item (Amagami SS v2) wasn't released all that long ago, so I don't think it's technically out of print, but I don't have much experience with this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

There was once a time they oversold a Neon Genesis Evangelion dvd boxset. They got the distributor to print more copies, although it took them awhile, they got the item to the people who ordered it.

I'm more or less bumping this up to remind people that this is, in theory, the last day for their 12+ Days of Anime sale. Although it could surely be extended again, if there was anything you were debating about now would be a good time to make that decision.

As for me, a few days ago I made my last purchase. I bought the Tsubasa OVAs on Blu Ray (to go with all the other cheap Tsubasa blus I got from other places). I also picked up the Genshiken 2 Bundle and the Holiday version of the complete Chrono Crusade (same cost as the one in the sale, and it has the original 7 discs from the singles release) as gifts.

I was supposed to have received one of my shipments, but it hasn't arrived yet. I hope the postman didn't put it in the wrong box :\ They have done that before.

RightStuf held up my order for over a week because one item out of five was backordered. And wouldn't you know it that is the one item I was giving away as a gift to my sister. They just sent out my partial order (without my backordered item) on Monday so I doubt I'm getting it in time for Christmas. That's kinda sucky.

I waited until the last day of the 13 days so I could see what I wanted and get everything at once. Oh well. Serves me right for getting on the boat late.

If I ask them to cancel the backordered item, that would bring my total down below $49 which technically doesn't qualify for free shipping. If I do get them to cancel the item, will they charge me for shipping the other items? If not, I can always give a late gift. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']RightStuf held up my order for over a week because one item out of five was backordered. And wouldn't you know it that is the one item I was giving away as a gift to my sister. They just sent out my partial order (without my backordered item) on Monday so I doubt I'm getting it in time for Christmas. That's kinda sucky.

I waited until the last day of the 13 days so I could see what I wanted and get everything at once. Oh well. Serves me right for getting on the boat late.

If I ask them to cancel the backordered item, that would bring my total down below $49 which technically doesn't qualify for free shipping. If I do get them to cancel the item, will they charge me for shipping the other items? If not, I can always give a late gift. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]
Just do like I do and print off a picture of the item and wrap that as the gift until the backordered item comes in. I usually also write something across the image like a text bubble of the item saying "Hi! I'm a proxy! ^_^"

[quote name='beefytwinkie']RightStuf held up my order for over a week because one item out of five was backordered. And wouldn't you know it that is the one item I was giving away as a gift to my sister. They just sent out my partial order (without my backordered item) on Monday so I doubt I'm getting it in time for Christmas. That's kinda sucky.

If I ask them to cancel the backordered item, that would bring my total down below $49 which technically doesn't qualify for free shipping. If I do get them to cancel the item, will they charge me for shipping the other items? If not, I can always give a late gift. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

They did the same with my order, Samurai champloo blu was backordered. I am no in a hurry though, hope you figure something out.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']They did the same with my order, Samurai champloo blu was backordered. I am no in a hurry though, hope you figure something out.[/QUOTE]
Yea. Samurai Champloo was the item out of stock on my order as well. Not a huge deal that I won't get the item in time for Christmas. I got my sister a bunch of other things as well and this was just gravy. I can wait for my good stuff a little while longer.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Just do like I do and print off a picture of the item and wrap that as the gift until the backordered item comes in. I usually also write something across the image like a text bubble of the item saying "Hi! I'm a proxy! ^_^"[/QUOTE]
Haha you jerk. That's pretty funny. Have you really done that before? I'd like to see the reaction on their faces when they see that.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Haha you jerk. That's pretty funny. Have you really done that before? I'd like to see the reaction on their faces when they see that.[/QUOTE]
Yep :D In fact, I'm doing it again for my Brother-in-law this Christmas since the copy of Last Exile I ordered for him is backordered. Although this time I'm going to cut a text bubble out of a sticky note and attach it to an extra copy of Disc 1 that I have lying around.

I can usually watch the thought process go from "Why is this box empty? What, it's a printout . . . what the . . . of a . . . it says 'coming soon' . . . oh, it's that thing I wanted. Oh it didn't come in the mail yet, I get it. Thank you." ^_^

Well, my box of stuff arrived today, and it was almost perfect.

My Now and Then case had some rattling on the inside of the case, and when I opened it up, bits and pieces of the case, the tray, and the disc were what was sliding around in the case.

Needless to say it wasn't the best result I was looking for, but at least customer service gave me a refund for it since they aren't getting anymore back in stock for replacement, which is sadface.

But at least everything else in the box was fine, just that one, which strangely enough was on the padded side of the box, and yet was damaged compared to the anime on the other side that wasn't padded. @_@

I know that buying a blind box item is risky, but if you order the Panyo Panyo complete collection, do you really think that Panyo Panyo volume 1 would make a good $5 blind buy especially since it was shipped in the same shipment?

[quote name='Havokscry']I know that buying a blind box item is risky, but if you order the Panyo Panyo complete collection, do you really think that Panyo Panyo volume 1 would make a good $5 blind buy especially since it was shipped in the same shipment?[/QUOTE]

blind box is completely random, I got the first volume of a series that I found interesting now I kinda wanna go back to get the others.

Has anyone got any updates on Samurai Champloo on bluray being shipped, I ordered it pretty late but still havent seen so much as a charge for it.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']
Has anyone got any updates on Samurai Champloo on bluray being shipped, I ordered it pretty late but still havent seen so much as a charge for it.[/QUOTE]

I put my order in and a week later I received a confirmation that Champloo came back in stock and they shipped it.

[quote name='jello44']I put my order in and a week later I received a confirmation that Champloo came back in stock and they shipped it.[/QUOTE]

when did you put your order in? I put mine in on the 12th day of the sale.

My copy of Darker Than Black Season 1 and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (Both DVDs) arrived a while back while my copy of Samurai Champloo (Blu-ray) is still on Order From Manufacturer. I felt like I should have got Samurai Champloo on Amazon, but I had to add it on Rightstuf for free shipping. Hopefully I'll get my copy soon.

Also to those who have Samurai Champloo on Blu-ray, how is the quality? I'm looking forward to checking it out.

[quote name='TKtheknight']My copy of Darker Than Black Season 1 and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (Both DVDs) arrived a while back while my copy of Samurai Champloo (Blu-ray) is still on Order From Manufacturer. I felt like I should have got Samurai Champloo on Amazon, but I had to add it on Rightstuf for free shipping. Hopefully I'll get my copy soon.

Also to those who have Samurai Champloo on Blu-ray, how is the quality? I'm looking forward to checking it out.[/QUOTE]

I also added Samurai Champloo just to get free shipping.

The other day, I got an automated e-mail from RightStuf saying that they are working on getting it for me. So I replied back and politely asked that they cancel it for me if it won't affect my account. A CSR e-mailed me back saying that she cancelled it for me and said there would be no affect to my account. No charge for shipping yet. That makes me happy. :)

bread's done
Back