RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so Kodocha season 2, Kurau Phantom Memory (based on recommendations last year) and Case Closed season 2 to get free shipping about 44.97.

What do you guys think of Fairy Tail? I've liked what I've seen on line, and I like how similar the art style is to One Piece.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Ok, so Kodocha season 2, Kurau Phantom Memory (based on recommendations last year) and Case Closed season 2 to get free shipping about 44.97.[/QUOTE]

Yup, everyone should be buying Kurau. It's a shame it wasn't a part of Right Stuf's 12 Day of Savings.

[quote name='Zaku77']What do you guys think of Fairy Tail? I've liked what I've seen on line, and I like how similar the art style is to One Piece.[/QUOTE]

I actually hated the first 12 or so episodes of Fairy Tail, but once the Galuna Island arc started (around episode 13 or 14 or something), I fell in love with it. It's a really fun show that doesn't waste any time with filler. The arcs are pretty much back to back, and each one is great. It's up to about 110 episodes now, and I'm still enjoying it just as much as I always have, so I'd recommend it if someone doesn't mind this type of show.

[quote name='Zaku77']What do you guys think of Fairy Tail? I've liked what I've seen on line, and I like how similar the art style is to One Piece.[/QUOTE]

Fairy Tail is a big fat "meh."

I like Fairy Tail. It's really just like any other shonen battle show. If you focus more on the characters and their interactions, you can forgive the now predictable path the battles will go. My only problem with these types of shows is figuring out how/when to buy the blu rays. I'm going to wait for them to end so they can more sensibly box them up like they did with DBZ. Will be a long wait, but Crunchy is streaming it so I don't care!

Agreed on the wait. $30 for 12 episodes is just not okay. I hope they do some larger boxsets of the DBZ blu-ray release as well. They have it set up so there will be 17-18 of them. That is just WAY too much money Funi!!!

Well, I see the sale prices have been extended to 12/21. Does anyone want to take bets on whether or not I end up buying Kobato and a bunch of other stuff before then? :roll:

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the two Cromartie High thinpacks? I see the one that's sold out is from an older print. Is it simply just one being an older print than the other?

[quote name='Tsukento']Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the two Cromartie High thinpacks? I see the one that's sold out is from an older print. Is it simply just one being an older print than the other?[/QUOTE]
The only difference is artwork. No extras on either release. The MSRPs were the same for both releases.

I was trying hard, but I may have to bite finally...
Appleseed blu 15.99 (never seen this cheaper than 30ish...)
Ga-Rei Zero blu 23.99 (again, 30ish+)
NTHT 5.99 (owned it before, sold it, not sure yet)
and then bugging my friend to buy something too so I can get free shipping.

Any thoughts on if the 2 blus might drop more in the future? I'm still having a hard time justifying Appleseed, but knowing the prices, I'm also having a hard time resisting.

I'm also debating dumping a lot of my anime dvds because I've honestly lost interest in them but I have no market, ugh. Who in the world would even want Haruhi LE DVDs anymore?

[quote name='AkariK']I was trying hard, but I may have to bite finally...
Appleseed blu 15.99 (never seen this cheaper than 30ish...)
Ga-Rei Zero blu 23.99 (again, 30ish+)
NTHT 5.99 (owned it before, sold it, not sure yet)
and then bugging my friend to buy something too so I can get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Appleseed at the $7~8 range last year. And I've seen Ga-Rei Zero for around the same price on Amazon.

Looks like Baccano BR sold out finally. Still haven't picked it up yet but not I might have to soon. Amazon 3rd party has for for $60 if anybody is wondering.

You're thinking Appleseed EX Machina, which is regularly under $10. Appleseed has never been lower than $26.99 apparently. Ga-Rei Zero was never lower than $25.49 too.

I only just found out about this camelcamelcamel site, and I think it's convinced me to buy.

[quote name='Zaku77']Wow, that's expensive for just 16 episodes :/[/QUOTE]

Conversely, I am actually surprised it came out at the price it did, considering Aniplex is publishing it.

I ordered
1x cromartie high school
1x flcl blu ray
1x one piece collection 2
1x samurai champloo

I just checked my order status it say "All back-ordered"
This doesn't make any sense. All of my items except cromartie high school are still in stock and available to purchase. I also ordered cromartie high school when there were still 15 in stock. Any advice on what I should do?

edit: K i just checked and it seems they are out of stock on all of the items but still I ordered when all of the were still in stock. I guess I am mainly concerned for Cromartie High School since that is likely OOP. When do they usually restock?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I ordered
1x cromartie high school
1x flcl blu ray
1x one piece collection 2
1x samurai champloo

I just checked my order status it say "All back-ordered"
This doesn't make any sense. All of my items except cromartie high school are still in stock and available to purchase. I also ordered cromartie high school when there were still 15 in stock. Any advice on what I should do?[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I ever ordered from rightstuf but I think it is just cromartie holding up your order. I ordered a bunch of items including samurai champloo. That was "more on the way" status. From what I gather from the email confirm I got, they wait for all your items to come in stock and ship at once. They don't break up orders like amazon does to get you your purchases quicker.

I'm patiently waiting for my order.

Edit: crap, misread some of your post. Didn't see your orders were all in stock when you ordered.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']This is the first time I ever ordered from rightstuf but I think it is just cromartie holding up your order. I ordered a bunch of items including samurai champloo. That was "more on the way" status. From what I gather from the email confirm I got, they wait for all your items to come in stock and ship at once. They don't break up orders like amazon does to get you your purchases quicker.

I'm patiently waiting for my order.

Edit: crap, misread some of your post. Didn't see your orders were all in stock when you ordered.[/QUOTE]

thanks! I just checked and apparently flcl and samurai champloo are holding back by order. cromartie high school and one piece are apparently reserved for my order. I really hope Funi doesn't take away the slip covers for flcl and samurai champloo though in their second shipment. They shouldn't right?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']thanks! I just checked and apparently flcl and samurai champloo are holding back by order. cromartie high school and one piece are apparently reserved for my order. I really hope Funi doesn't take away the slip covers for flcl and samurai champloo though in their second shipment. They shouldn't right?[/QUOTE]

Slipcovers usually are only around for the first pressing. Depending on how long FLCL and Samurai Champloo have been out it could be a crapshoot. I just got the new release of Witchblade and Burst Angel from amazon last week and they both had slips.... But they were just re-released at the end of October.

Yea... I just realized my entire post does not help you at all. Nice.

I hate how rightstuffs free shipping min is $49 but ah well. I only wanted Tears to Tiara and Clannad season 1 since I'm on a budget so $30 for two full seasons isn't bad

Ended up not buying much this year. Just got the Dragonball bundle and FLCL blu ray. Over half of the anime on sale, I never even heard of.

Just got one of my ealier orders from rightstuf and it was a mess! both dvd cases were in pieces, one of the dvds were scratched to hell, this is a first for me. Anyone else have any dealings with rightstuf customer service of this nature?

I know this is a bit off topic but i saw some talk about Funimations channel shop having a buy 1 get 1 free sale earlier in the thread. For anyone still interested they also posted a 40% off code on their Facebook wall. They do indeed stack for anyone wondering, pretty nice savings if I say so my self.

As far as Rightstuf goes, pretty nice deals on Nurse Witch Komugi and Chance Pop session, I may end up biting for those prices, Witchblade is damn tempting too.

[quote name='Deathmore10']I know this is a bit off topic but i saw some talk about Funimations channel shop having a buy 1 get 1 free sale earlier in the thread. For anyone still interested they also posted a 40% off code on their Facebook wall. They do indeed stack for anyone wondering, pretty nice savings if I say so my self.

As far as Rightstuf goes, pretty nice deals on Nurse Witch Komugi and Chance Pop session, I may end up biting for those prices, Witchblade is damn tempting too.[/QUOTE]

DAMN!! some nice prices there. too bad I already have everything thing I want but Ikkitousen from the S.A.V.E. lineup :(. some great holiday deals that I can't take part in cuz I already have or don't want :(

[quote name='wormraper']and the code is????[/QUOTE]
CI1XCW2AE717J

Also checking my Rightstuf order and looks like all my stuff is on Backorder. Anyone have average idea of how long backorders usually take?

[quote name='bardockkun']CI1XCW2AE717J

Also checking my Rightstuf order and looks like all my stuff is on Backorder. Anyone have average idea of how long backorders usually take?[/QUOTE]

You made me check my order status as well, and yep, all backordered...

[quote name='bardockkun']CI1XCW2AE717J

Also checking my Rightstuf order and looks like all my stuff is on Backorder. Anyone have average idea of how long backorders usually take?[/QUOTE]
It can wildly vary. I ordered Baccano on Black Friday, and that order arrived last Saturday. The longest I've had to wait for anything was Crest of the Stars which I ordered in February and received in May.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']It can wildly vary. I ordered Baccano on Black Friday, and that order arrived last Saturday. The longest I've had to wait for anything was Crest of the Stars which I ordered in February and received in May.[/QUOTE]
Daaaaaaayum! Though I still trust them more then Deep Discount.

Edit: Funimation coupon is good through the 16th.

I just sent in an e-mail for Funimation to cancel one of my orders so I can re-order with this coupon. Man, this sucks. I can save a boatload of cash with this coupon. I hope they cancel. Their site doesn't let me cancel the order - only re-order. wtf?

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Edit: Funimation coupon is good through the 16th.

I just sent in an e-mail for Funimation to cancel one of my orders so I can re-order with this coupon. Man, this sucks. I can save a boatload of cash with this coupon. I hope they cancel. Their site doesn't let me cancel the order - only re-order. wtf?[/QUOTE]
Just note that the coupon takes the price off the original price and not the sale price. So if it's $22.99 as normal sale price and regular price is $29.99 it'll take 40% off the $29.99. Still a good deal though.

They're on sale for $14.99 So add all 4, use the 40% off coupon, and with free shipping it came to $36. Great freaking deal!!

[quote name='Zaku77']They're on sale for $14.99 So add all 4, use the 40% off coupon, and with free shipping it came to $36. Great freaking deal!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I guess I'll do the same :lol:

[quote name='bardockkun']Just note that the coupon takes the price off the original price and not the sale price. So if it's $22.99 as normal sale price and regular price is $29.99 it'll take 40% off the $29.99. Still a good deal though.[/QUOTE]
No, it's 40% off the sale price. Otherwise Zaku77's total would have come to $72 for the 4 case closed seasons since each of the seasons original price is $30 each, 40% of $120 is $72, but it came to $36 for him. Therefore 40% off $60 equals $36.

Unless you were talking about taking advantage of the b1g1 free sale and taking advantage of the code, then yes technically since you're already paying msrp on them in order to get 1 free, then you're right, it's then 40% off the original price.

Using the B1G1 sale and the code, I managed to get four anime series for $36, not too shabby.

[quote name='Deathmore10']No, it's 40% off the sale price. Otherwise Zaku77's total would have come to $72 for the 4 case closed seasons since each of the seasons original price is $30 each, 40% of $120 is $72, but it came to $36 for him. Therefore 40% off $60 equals $36.

Unless you were talking about taking advantage of the b1g1 free sale and taking advantage of the code, then yes technically since you're already paying msrp on them in order to get 1 free, then you're right, it's then 40% off the original price.

Using the B1G1 sale and the code, I managed to get four anime series for $36, not too shabby.[/QUOTE]
Snap! Schooled me, but yeah I did it on the B1G1 sale. So that's how I got the said price.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']CI1XCW2AE717J doesnt work
[/QUOTE]
Still works for me. Make sure no preorders in your cart and no spaces when you paste it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just note that the coupon takes the price off the original price and not the sale price. So if it's $22.99 as normal sale price and regular price is $29.99 it'll take 40% off the $29.99. Still a good deal though.[/QUOTE]

I was doing the B1G1 and I understand the savings would be off the MSRP. heheh In any case, thanks for the information. Better to receive information I don't need than not receive information I do need. :) Wicked.

I hope they cancel my first order!

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']CI1XCW2AE717J doesnt work
[/QUOTE]
I just tried it. The code works now. I think they had to tweek it because it wasn't 40% before. It was more like 36% from what I was calculating. Now it's at the correct 40%.

Are the Tsubasa Blu Rays so bad that they're not worth $10/ea? That's pretty cheap for a 26 episode Blu Ray set, even if the quality isn't the best.

Ummmm... I think the first season is an SD upscale but season 2 is natively HD. Anyway, I have season 2 on blu-ray and it looks very nice.

[quote name='bardockkun']Still works for me. Make sure no preorders in your cart and no spaces when you paste it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the coupon bardockkun. I was able to resist the RS sale and the Funimation B1G1 free sale until the 40% off coupon. Picked up Bamboo Blade, Le Chevalier D'eon, Mushishi, and Paniponi Dash for $36.

I echo those thanks as well. I ended up grabbing something for myself and something for my girlfriend. I couldn't resist after that 40% off coupon appeared.

[quote name='Gden']Ummmm... I think the first season is an SD upscale but season 2 is natively HD. Anyway, I have season 2 on blu-ray and it looks very nice.[/QUOTE]
It turns out all the negative things I read were about volume 1. Honestly, for $10.50 each, I don't know why I even asked. They would have to be Gawdawful for them not to be worth $10.50.

I would also like to say thank you for the coupon code. I picked up Season 1 and 2 of Tsubasa on Blu Ray, Paniponi Dash, and Kurau (which I will give as a gift). The total was $38.98. Unfortunately this means that I'll probably want to get the Tsubasa OVAs as well, which means another order with Rightstuf :whistle2:(

Oh, in case people are wondering, make sure you go to the actual end of the checkout process if you're using the 40% off code. The amount it took off for me was incorrect right up until the final confirmation (when it was corrected to be 40% off).

bread's done
Back