RL claw game controlled from your PC, win prizes!

For all the people out there expecting something "special" from the clear balls with giftboxs, you don't get what's inside, you get a random prize like everyone else. They pick the prize for you. They don't even take that "prize" out of the ball.

Onward to my point. After winning 3 and a half weeks ago I have received my prize in the mail tonight.

I also received the pink "knobby ball".
It reeked of cheap plastic when I opened it but I was glad for my "unique" letter. Mine said "Mercury-Free! Knobby Ball".

Although mine seems to be defected....
There's no clear plastic plug/pin piece on it like the one in the picture previously posted above. I would post pictures but it won't let me of course. Mine only has this hard yellowish plastic piece inward with a small tube in the middle. I haven't found any way to even inflate or get any air into it so any help would be great.

I used a bike pump with a plastic tip made for beach balls. I dont know what to use to fix a missing plug, maybe use a tire repair kit for nail holes...who knows

I ended up getting mine today too it was a blue impressive knobby ball. I'd have to say that I actually got a really good kick out of inflating the ball. Probably just the whole concept of the way that I ended up winning it. Also I got a kick out of the little letter.

Finally got my prize from the Santa Claw today. :lol: Snagging a clear prize ball got me this:

SDC11120.jpg
lol

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Anyone notice the weird date on the pic of MR.BACON'S BIG ADVENTURE!!![/QUOTE]

Nobody in the world has a camera that's set to the correct date.

Just got my "happy knobby ball" in the mail!!! It's actually the same color as the one that I grabbed in the machine.
[quote name='dyeknom']So, anybody notice the character sticker matched the character you won the prize as?[/QUOTE]
I won it as a pickle but mine has a penguin sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ready The Santa Claw is coming back... :cool:

If you were one of the thousands of people who patiently waited in line for hours, got super excited to play The Santa Claw, and then jumped right back in line because you loved it so much, hang on to your elf hat because The Santa Claw is coming back!
Yep, you read that right. Gizmodo invited Real Art to bring back The Santa Claw as part of their Gizmodo Gallery in NYC this December. That means that you can get in line and play The Santa Claw right here from December 5–11.
Visit the Real Art Blog for the latest details. And, to get you pumped about the return, check out this awesome 2011 Claw recap.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']Ugghh... Chose to connect through Facebook and it's taking forever. Also says there are 0 people in line.[/QUOTE]
don't worry theres actually 800 right now lol

[quote name='sp00ge']That's bullshit. I only have a 4 hour wait until my turn now, and I'm going to get knocked out of line? Ugh...[/QUOTE]
On the bright side you might end up in a better spot in line.

Weird how twitter needs you to reauth the santa claw even if you auth'd it last year. I never received my prize from last year either.

[quote name='Dorok']Is it me or is the camera not showing? Just black for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Woke up this morning to find I was 25 place in line and camera was claw screen was black and unresponsive when I finally got it. This was on firefox (haven't updated in a while though), btw.

It says that the power went down last night but its working now.

However, I just finally got to the front of the super long line, saw the game like it was my turn, and then was told that the line is too long to join...and then was told that I lost, without a chance to actually play.

WTF?

I stopped caring after spending a good chunk of the day yesterday waiting, getting to ~150 in line from starting at almost 800, and then they reset the line. I spent about 15 minutes trying to reconnect and kept timing out, so I said f it.

The site went down for a bit today and reset the line once again. That must have been what happened while it was actually my turn...

What are the odds? :p

This is pretty lame, even if you get on line they reset it by the time it is your turn. Did you guys see the disclaimer that they are not actually mailing out prizes like last year with no other info. Watch the video also, lame hipster stuff.

So now I'm in line to be playing in 27 minutes...which is 5:03 EST.
Yet: "The line will be paused from 5:00pm to 9:00pm EST for a special Gizmodo event. Stay tuned to watch all the fun"

Weee....

Watching the live stream, someone picked up 2 Greens and a pink, 2 Greens dropped and someone picked them up and walked off with them lol

They paused the line to put a DJ in the box, but I can't hear anything since the live stream has no audio. Anyone got a link to actually hear the DJ? I think it would have been better if they kept the game going. I want to see how good the DJ does while fending off claw attacks.

bread's done
Back