Road to Wrestlemania that points at the Wrestlemania sign Wrestlemania XXVIII thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROH so far... and yes the audio is STILL out of sync....

Briscoes beat some tag team I don't know who they are.

Adam Pierce vs Adam Cole in an impromptu match. Pierce came out with the NWA World Title.

Yeah.. great opener.
I'll keep updating my spoiler with results.

Fox over Swann.
Fish/Dreamer over The Scene
BxB Hulk over Sami Callihan (After Christina Von Errie interference)
Sabu/John Davis over Pinkie Sanchez/Arik Cannon
Mochizuki over Akira Tozawa (Great Match!)
Intermission
Samurai Del Sol over Johnny Vandal
Low Ki over PAC
Ricochet/Yoshino over Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Great opener for DG.

Which one?[/QUOTE]

DG

That was a fantastic opening match.

Tommy Dreamer???

BxB Hulk sold his leg like a champ in that match
Mochizuki wins after a fantastic match

Sounds like ROH needs to drop GFL like the proverbial bad habit.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Mochizuki/Tozawa was SO good.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.

According to GFL its the internet speed that is causing the hiccups. They took the stream offline completely right as Mike Bennett and Maria started coming out.

Edit: Stream is up again.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Is the iPPV tomorrow $1.99 as well?[/QUOTE]

No, it's $14.99.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']That match alone was worth my $2. And we still have Low Ki vs PAC![/QUOTE]

We've had 2 great matches so far. The rest of the PPV could suck and I'd still be satisfied. That won't happen though considering what the main event is.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']That match alone was worth my $2. And we still have Low Ki vs PAC![/QUOTE]

Co-signed. This has been an incredible show. Low-Ki/PAC is gonna be SICK.

This PPV has been fun, but I'm not sure if I dig all the forced "hardcore" shit that Dragon Gate seems to have now compared to when I got the first PPV. I think going that route kind of takes away from some of their appeal.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Demo, are the problems with the stream cause you to regret making the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Kinda. According to both ROH and GoFightLive this ondemand replay might have this fixed but still.... quite an epic fail production wise.

How does the quality of WWE streams compare to this Dragon Gate stream? We're going to be streaming WrestleMania Sunday and while I'm not getting any buffering or anything with Dragon Gate it doesn't blow up to full screen the greatest on the TV I'm outputting too.

Was it me or did the Low-Ki/PAC match seem low key? (No pun intended, really.) It certainly wasn't bad at all, it just seemed that they never really made it into 5th gear.

[quote name='neocisco']Was it me or did the Low-Ki/PAC match seem low key? (No pun intended, really.) It certainly wasn't bad at all, it just seemed that they never really made it into 5th gear.[/QUOTE]

No.. it wasn't just you. I felt like they were holding back so they can start a series. The Tag Match main event was AWESOME though.

[quote name='neocisco']Was it me or did the Low-Ki/PAC match seem low key? (No pun intended, really.) It certainly wasn't bad at all, it just seemed that they never really made it into 5th gear.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. it was a great technical match, but it really felt like they were holding back. That tag team main even was fantastic though.

I think they were trying to avoid overkill. If they went all out, the audience would have been exhausted by the main event tag match.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ha! Now WWE is forced to promote Miz again![/QUOTE]

I just felt bad for Bryan that TNA apparently didn't think he was worth the purchase.

FYI I just watched a part of the ondemand from tonight's ROH iPPV which has the audio in sync. For the most part with that issue aside (and oddly for roughly 30 seconds during the opening match the video goes black)... this is the best production quality I've seen out of ROH. The instant replays work perfectly without issue, video packages play correctly, and there's none of the mess ups I've seen on the past few ROH iPPVs. Hopefully Showdown Day 2 won't have the audio lag issue for those watching live. I'll be watching it ondemand since I have to work.

So Batista is in Miami for a charity triathalon. That sounds like an old school way of covering up an impending WM appearance, but they actually named the charity so I'm assuming it's legit. Apparently WWE picked him up from the airport and is trying to work out a deal to appear at WM with him, although I'm not sure where he'd fit in. He's got history with everyone in the cell match but that one is enough of a clusterfuck already, and it seems like it would be a huge waste to just have him come out and wave to the crowd, Snuka-at-WM-5-style.

In slightly bigger possible news (spoilered even though there is nothing guaranteed)
There is apparently a 50/50 shot of Lesnar showing up. Dana was asked about it within the last day or two and confirmed he's not signed to UFC. Now he's someone that could fit in to either main event easily - a run in to cost The Rock (or Cena I guess) the match to set up next year's WM main event immediately like they apparently want to do. Or he could break into the cell, beat the shit out of everyone and put an unconscious Undertaker's arm over unconscious HHH and just say "Yes" (ie a response to 'Taker's "you wanna do it?" at the UFC show last year). I guess you could shove Batista into that latter spot as well, but he doesn't really have the ready-made reason that Lesnar does.

Now watch neither happen and prepare yourself for the gale force winds generated by the collective sigh of 'rasslin fans everywhere.

It's bad enough that HBK is the fucking special ref in that match, we really don't need run ins by either of those two people, or anybody else for that matter.

Now THIS.. This is a fucking Wrestlemania stage.

35lyblk.jpg

[quote name='masked lemon']It's bad enough that HBK is the fucking special ref in that match, we really don't need run ins by either of those two people, or anybody else for that matter.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, we really don't need to see HHH/Taker II(I) this year either, but WWE doesn't care.

Only saw the main event on ROH Showdown In The Sun Part 2... I'll just say this....

MATCH OF THE YEAR! MATCH OF THE YEAR!

Davey Richards defeats Michael Elgin to retain the ROH World Title. Classic five star match. Did not expect Elgin to really shine but he did big time.

DGUSA thoughts -

Outstanding show overall. The only bad parts were the ECW things, and at least Dreamer did everything he tried well. Sabu looked really old and saggy, but can still kinda sorta go. Low Ki-Pac was incredible, and both it and the main even tag were greatly aided by Arik Cannon's commentary. He was absolutely outstanding in that role.

Cannon quotes -
"These fans and their chants...well, that one died quick. Probably for the best."
"I'm getting a contact high from that beer. You're welcome".
"Pardon my French, but Low Ki is NOT fuckING AROUND."
"I smell like blood and beer - I need a shower."
"Man you're fucked up - you say the moves and I'll tell you their names.".
(THAT WAS SPLENDID! chant) "That might be the best chant I've heard all night."
"Should I say we're all winners? Well, you lost. WHAT THE fuck!?"
"Terry Funk never wore no damn mouth guard. I think I've heard that before. Dem Guys. Some weather guy right?"
"The fans here in Miami are greedy. JERKS!".
"He's really talented. Yeah...for someone from Kentucky!"
"He's doing every cool thing he's ever seen in a video tonight."
"SUPER STRENGTH! And there's a gun show in town, too. FROM KENTUCKY!"
"I think the kids call that a Laurinitis crusher. OH SHIT"
Crowd - fuck YOU CHUCKY!

I picked this up for 5.99 on blu ray at Fry's today. Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious and Glacier. Has to be so epically awful.

MV5BMTMzMzE1ODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYzNTg3Mw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']DGUSA thoughts -

Outstanding show overall. The only bad parts were the ECW things, and at least Dreamer did everything he tried well. Sabu looked really old and saggy, but can still kinda sorta go. Low Ki-Pac was incredible, and both it and the main even tag were greatly aided by Arik Cannon's commentary. He was absolutely outstanding in that role.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair Dreamer was filling in for an injured Uhaa Nation, so that was most likely on short notice as a favor to Gabe. Sabu was... well Sabu. I guess that type of "hardcore" wrestling just felt forced on a DGUSA show. The Promo Calihan cut while standing on Sabu's throat was pretty cool though. I liked the opener, the Mochizuki v Tozawa match, the PAC v Ki match (even if I felt they were holding back) and the Tag main. I thought Von Errie kinda messed with the BxB Hulk v Calihan match. Not really anything she did or didn't do, but it was a distraction. I think it was a good show overall. No regrets for $2 at all. :)

edit: Apparently WWE has re-hired Fit Finlay.

Jake Roberts on Ric Flair:

Ric Flair being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame a second time: “Why does he have to be inducted twice? Is it because he didn’t remember the first time? Or did he have his tits done or something? Did that I say that out loud?”

Are we using spoiler tags for rumors?

I would support the return of Brotista and Lesnar. Brotista could keep Cena busy. I'd want Lesnar in a feud with either Danielson or Punk. But, knowing how WWE likes to shit on people for fun, I could see them having him job to Triple H. That is, if Nosey McJackass sticks around post-'Mania, which would be enough to keep my viewership to YouTube clips from their official channel.

Or, they could do Cena-Lesnar, which would make more sense, I guess, than Lesnar-Punk, from WWE's perspective. I'd want Lesnar-Punk simply because you have a former MMA heavyweight champion against a dude who pretends he's a fighter. In that regard, a Lesnar-Danielson team would be spectacular.

Did you forget about
Lesnar and Taker's little snide remarks a while back? WWE is probably bringing Lesnar in for next year's Mania for Taker's next match. So simple.

[quote name='advanced']Did you forget about
Lesnar and Taker's little snide remarks a while back? WWE is probably bringing Lesnar in for next year's Mania for Taker's next match. So simple.
[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see that match, but I'd hate for him to be the one to end the streak.

[quote name='Scorch']Now THIS.. This is a fucking Wrestlemania stage.

35lyblk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Really want to click. Really don't. Oh God what do I do?

Also, I haven't read any spoilers but the d-bags that run the dirtsheet I go to went ahead and named those names in the goddamn subject lines so they came up in my RSS feed, and suffice it to say I threw up in my mouth. I suppose I should hang on to the mystery of the stage, especially since Scorch seems to approve.

[quote name='Scorch']I'd love to see that match, but I'd hate for him to be the one to end the streak.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I don't see anyone ending the streak, and if anyone does, it won't be a part-time guy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'd be the guy, but the match could be good depending on how Taker holds up. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

[quote name='Scorch']Try to resist the temptation if you can. It's really nice. I think it is, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I saw the other picture in this thread of the Cell and couldn't quite tell what they were going for with the stage, but I noticed instantly it wasn't in the shape of a set of buildings. :applause: I read that the Cell is going to be hidden behind massive screens above the ring, of which I approve as well.

Also, I bought The Death Of WCW the other day. I picked it up tonight just to flip through without intending to read it, and I ended up sitting down and reading about 100 pages of it. I didn't know the third man was originally intended to be the British Bulldog. It probably wouldn't have been near as massive as Hogan ended up being, but I sure would like to have seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back