Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for word on a digital copy and where to get the adapter itself.

Excited for the new gen RB gamenights!

If you order from madcatz directly and add code LDY25 you can get 25% off making it roughly $187 not including tax and shipping.

So, if the last-gen controllers will somehow be forward-compatible, what are the chances the new controllers are backward-compatible with last-gen systems and games? Probably not good, but I'm holding out hope.

Edit: Just saw Klynn's note. Where's that information from?

I still have all the last-gen games, but I gave away the controllers.

Does anyone know if there's an efficient way to see what DLC songs you own? Or is it boot up RB3 on 360 and write them down by hand? lol

If you order from madcatz directly and add code LDY25 you can get 25% off making it roughly $187 not including tax and shipping.
Nevermind. I thought it wouldn't work since it says it doesn't work on preorders. Using Safari I kept getting internal server errors checking out. But switched to Chrome and my order went through.

I hate that I paid the $250 price for my bundle being a GCU member but two things factored into just biting the bullet at that price:

1) Absolutely 100% my most looked forward to game this fall. Sunk days of game time into RB2 and RB3.

2) The Gamestop trade-in fiasco netted me a ton of credit so I didn't feel as bad paying that price at GS instead of cashing out all my BB credit to save less than $50 (no tax at GS).

Just to remind everyone, WIRED Xbox 360 Guitars and Drums will not work on the Xbox One RB4. Only wireless 360 instruments will work with the adapter included with the $80 version of the game. So anyone who just has the wired RB1 Guitar and Drums will have to buy new ones on the XB1.

If people are still looking to preorder the madcatz store still has the Xbox One band in a box and they are running a labor day 25% off sale.  It does work for the bundle so if comes to $187 before tax.  That's even better than the 20% GCU gets. Here's the link

http://store.madcatz.com/Rock-Band-4/ 

Just curious, but where is most of the Rockband/Guitar Hero commumity at?? xbox One?? Or PS4?? I'll wait till BF for hopeulky some bundles left. Don't want to purchase two bundles per console though, so I hope to see which is a bigger community.

Just curious, but where is most of the Rockband/Guitar Hero commumity at?? xbox One?? Or PS4?? I'll wait till BF for hopeulky some bundles left. Don't want to purchase two bundles per console though, so I hope to see which is a bigger community.
I'm not sure how it will be with this generation with people switching systems but last gen Xbox was much more active. I'm getting the Xbox version purely because I have so much dlc it would cheaper to buy an Xbox one than rebuy most of my dlc

If people are still looking to preorder the madcatz store still has the Xbox One band in a box and they are running a labor day 25% off sale. It does work for the bundle so if comes to $187 before tax. That's even better than the 20% GCU gets. Here's the link

http://store.madcatz.com/Rock-Band-4/
Thank you. Using this deal instead of Best Buy GCU saved me an additonal $30 since I don't get charged sales tax this way.

I was debating about getting another drum set as mine were still sorta functional but pretty beat up. With this deal, the decision is a lot easier. :)

Man, I'd MAYBE get this game if the instruments didn't still look like crap. The drums seem like the same thing from RB2, and those things didn't last me more than 6 months.

I'm not sure how it will be with this generation with people switching systems but last gen Xbox was much more active. I'm getting the Xbox version purely because I have so much dlc it would cheaper to buy an Xbox one than rebuy most of my dlc
Yup, I'm in the same boat. Gh Live doesn't have any dlc/import stuff so I'm just getting that on ps4. Also the Xone is not as much of a disaster now as it was at launch anyway, and the upcoming major update should make it mostly functional.

Luckily my GH5 guitar still works, because holy shit I hate RB guitars.

So it's either buy a ps4 rock band set from best buy and exchange it for the Xbox one version later or pray that they get more in Stock soon.
Like an idiot just barely redeemed a $75 certificate now had to preorder some BS just so I can cancel it later on and extend the expiration date.

thanks, just ordered off the madcatz store for the Xbox One bundle.  I'll buy the PS4 bundle down the road when its on sale.  My Xbox needs more lovin, so gave it this bundle, plus I wanna play some Rock Band this gen :p

Man, I'd MAYBE get this game if the instruments didn't still look like crap. The drums seem like the same thing from RB2, and those things didn't last me more than 6 months.
Take it for what you will, but the Mad Catz guy says that while they look the same as previous versions, they're much more durable, accurate and better made.

https://youtu.be/cgBoo6FjmtY

A warning about the Mad Catz deal: They charge your card right away, despite stating on the page that they don't charge you until the order ships. I was thinking I'd have more time to get my spending money more in order before it shipped.

Still a damn good deal though, especially since I just learned that my ION drums most likely won't work with it, and drums are normally all I play. I wasn't expecting to have to buy the full band kit, but it's nice to have the upgraded mic and guitar for parties.

A warning about the Mad Catz deal: They charge your card right away, despite stating on the page that they don't charge you until the order ships. I was thinking I'd have more time to get my spending money more in order before it shipped.

Still a damn good deal though, especially since I just learned that my ION drums most likely won't work with it, and drums are normally all I play. I wasn't expecting to have to buy the full band kit, but it's nice to have the upgraded mic and guitar for parties.
Are you sure it's not a pre-authorization?

Not sure if this has been asked but lets say I buy the game/guitar bundle on xbone, will that include the wireless adapter for the older instruments? 

that madcatz deal is pretty sweet, if I needed new drums I'd grab that. 

Take it for what you will, but the Mad Catz guy says that while they look the same as previous versions, they're much more durable, accurate and better made.

https://youtu.be/cgBoo6FjmtY
Yeah, I saw the video. I'd rather just not drop $250 to get marketing hyped. Instead, I'll wait for reviews, and MAYBE get it on-sale. I'm not exactly happy with the music selections announced thus far as it is,and I'd rather not drop $50 on DLC to have stuff I like anyway.

Had it since day one. What is pretty bad? The interface has been quite functional since launch..?
Yeah, the interface. I guess if it works for you without having to resort to yelling at the Kinect to figure out where the fuck everything is, that's cool. I'm really looking forward to the revamp.

Bring back Blades.

Does anybody have an idea how Mad Catz shipping is? It's a good deal but it would suck to get the game a couple weeks after it comes out if you're really looking forward to playing it.

It seems like the MadCatz deal only works for the full bundle.  If you just want the guitar and game, the 25% off code does not seem to work with it.  

Can you buy the legacy adaptor separately?? Also is the Xbox One Rock Band equipment compatible with PS4?? Or do I need an adaptor too?

Did you try using it when it came out? It's amazing they let it ship like that. It's still pretty bad, but holy cow.
I got both systems on their launch days and had no major problems with either. Little issues? Sure, and on both, but nothing huge. Both systems have pros and cons, but if you only go by what you read online you would think that the PS4 is near perfect and the Xbox One is basically a toilet. When in reality, they are incredibly similar and always have been. You know what I find to be a bigger outrage than any of Xbox One's minor launch issues? How about PS4's complete lack of a fall 2015 exclusive lineup? I've been closely following games for a long time and honestly can't remember when one of the major players essentially had nothing for the entire fall. A remake of Tearaway? A collection of Uncharted remakes? Really?

And to keep this post relevant to the topic, I don't trust that I'll get anything from Madcatz on release day, so I'll stick with Best Buy GCU for the guitar bundle. However, I'm doing it reluctantly because that on disc setlist looks really, really bad...like perhaps the worst ever.

Sadly, I'll be passing on Rock Band 4 due to the lack of support for the ION kit for the Xbox One.  I just can't get past the amount that I spent on that kit knowing that I can't use it on the game going forward.   

I might be able to accept having to purchase a new head unit for it, but even that seems unlikely at this point. 

Here's hoping they add midi support after launch for all of us e-kit players.  

I hate the thought of my Roland TD-12 just sitting there while I play the game......

I got both systems on their launch days and had no major problems with either. Little issues? Sure, and on both, but nothing huge. Both systems have pros and cons, but if you only go by what you read online you would think that the PS4 is near perfect and the Xbox One is basically a toilet. When in reality, they are incredibly similar and always have been. You know what I find to be a bigger outrage than any of Xbox One's minor launch issues? How about PS4's complete lack of a fall 2015 exclusive lineup? I've been closely following games for a long time and honestly can't remember when one of the major players essentially had nothing for the entire fall. A remake of Tearaway? A collection of Uncharted remakes? Really?
You're right, but the problem for me is that I just don't care about many of the Xone exclusives. Halo isn't my bag, I bought it for Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break more than anything else. Since finishing Sunset and Forza Horizon 2, I haven't even turned the console on. It's been months. A lot of that is because multi-platform games always run better on PS4 (something that could also be rectified with the upcoming update adding DX12 support) and I really don't like the Xone controller, dpad aside.

So even though PS4's exclusive lineup is pretty lackluster, I would take Ratchet and Clank remake or the supremely disappointing Bloodborne over Halo 5. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the only Xone-exclusive this year I can think of that I'm excited about. Sure, next year there will be Quantum Break and Scalebound (hopefully), but for this year neither is that hot.

But hey, take solace in the fact that neither of them is as much of a wasteland as the Wii U.

And yeah, RB4's disc setlist doesn't seem that great, but I have hella DLC so whatever. At least it has Cake and Rush, so that's something, even if it's far from my favorite Rush song.

I love Rock Band to death and still play custom songs on my 360 but I just can't see spending the money on an Xbone, copy of the game, and instrument adaptor. :(

So I noticed BB added the 30 song bonus for ps4 preorder's, cancelled mine and ordered again. From my experience, if you preordered before it was added, you won't receive it.

Also if I purchase Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Rock Band 3 for ps3, would I be able to import the songs from the discs? Didn't they have a code or something to transfer the older songs to the newer game?

So I noticed BB added the 30 song bonus for ps4 preorder's, cancelled mine and ordered again. From my experience, if you preordered before it was added, you won't receive it.

Also if I purchase Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Rock Band 3 for ps3, would I be able to import the songs from the discs? Didn't they have a code or something to transfer the older songs to the newer game?
They were codes in the box, and you also had to pay a fee (5 or 10 bux, I forget) for the export -- for the full games, anyway: track packs had no fee. However, there was no such code for RB3. I'm hoping they can use Xone's backwards compatibility thing to make that happen, but for PS3/4, who knows.

That said, I'm not sure that the imports even work anymore. I know the Green Day Rock Band export licenses have expired, so it's likely that others have too.

Rock Band 1's export is literally ripped from the disc. You can still export that ($5 fee)

Other Rock Band titles (2, Lego, Green Day) no longer export due to how it was set up. Green Day has the songs available separately though, so you can pick your favs from that.

Rock Band 3 does not have an export at this time. This may change in the future, it may not.

For all your export questions, visit Harmonix's support site. http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=19

Can you buy the legacy adaptor separately?? Also is the Xbox One Rock Band equipment compatible with PS4?? Or do I need an adaptor too?
They have said that the 360 Legacy Adapter will be available separately (especially since they said they are planning an Xbox One digital version).

Instruments are not cross compatible. Much like how you can't use a PS4 controller on Xbox One or vice versa. The Legacy Adapter is ONLY for using select Xbox 360 instruments on Xbox One. Most PS3 instruments will work on PS4 without an adapter.

Rock Band 1's export is literally ripped from the disc. You can still export that ($5 fee)
Other Rock Band titles (2, Lego, Green Day) no longer export due to how it was set up. Green Day has the songs available separately though, so you can pick your favs from that.

Rock Band 3 does not have an export at this time. This may change in the future, it may not.

For all your export questions, visit Harmonix's support site. http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=19
So I could purchase a copy of RB1, export the songs and have them to play on RB4?

So I could purchase a copy of RB1, export the songs and have them to play on RB4?
Most of them, yes. Please note, three songs do not export. Run to the Hills (cover), Paranoid (cover), and Enter Sandman.

The original version of Run to the Hills was made available as DLC so you can pick that up separately. Rock Band 1 has my favorite track list of all the games, easily worth the $5 export + the $1 you'd need to pay to pick it up from gamestop.

Export instructions: http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/link/portal/16080/16097/Article/105/How-do-I-export-songs-from-Rock-Band-1-to-Rock-Band-3-on-my-Playstation-3

Most of them, yes. Please note, three songs do not export. Run to the Hills (cover), Paranoid (cover), and Enter Sandman.

The original version of Run to the Hills was made available as DLC so you can pick that up separately. Rock Band 1 has my favorite track list of all the games, easily worth the $5 export + the $1 you'd need to pay to pick it up from gamestop.

Export instructions: http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/link/portal/16080/16097/Article/105/How-do-I-export-songs-from-Rock-Band-1-to-Rock-Band-3-on-my-Playstation-3
So I can or can't use a used copy of the game?

However, I'm doing it reluctantly because that on disc setlist looks really, really bad...like perhaps the worst ever.
They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. Really going to be a hard sell for me, especially with some of the exports expiring. I tied into a friend's account for some of those, if I recall, so it might be tricky to get them.

bread's done
Back