Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine just canceled as well. It was too good to be true. The 30% off is nice at least. Well I'll be going in Best Buy the day of to test my luck it seems.

"We sincerely apologize, but due to a system error, the Labor Day promotion which was designated for in-stock items, was mistakenly applied to your pre-order item."

Has the specs for the new drums been announced? Is it any different from the rb 2 or 3 drums? Looks basically the same but I'm sure their are a couple tweaks. Also kinda surprised the drums don't come with cymbals. 

My Drums are in perfect shape, I switch them out with a newer set shortly before I stopped playing rb. So prob just gonna get the guitar bundle and buy the legacy adapter by itself if it doesn't come in the guitar bundle. Waiting on some certs to go threw and gonna preorder at BB. 

Excited for this title to be coming back, but just can't sell myself on getting it since I picked up rocksmith. Too much for me to pay for what would mostly get relegated to a party game

Has the specs for the new drums been announced? Is it any different from the rb 2 or 3 drums? Looks basically the same but I'm sure their are a couple tweaks. Also kinda surprised the drums don't come with cymbals.

My Drums are in perfect shape, I switch them out with a newer set shortly before I stopped playing rb. So prob just gonna get the guitar bundle and buy the legacy adapter by itself if it doesn't come in the guitar bundle. Waiting on some certs to go threw and gonna preorder at BB.
Bundle will not include adapter.

Drums have improvements to help stability and other things. The instruments are designed to look the same but have improved internals. If I remember right, one thing that's changed is that the new drums take two batteries instead of three. I also remember them saying that the new cymbals will NOT work with the old RB2/3 drums because they're designed to work with the new brain of the new drums.

For the people that preordered and got cancelled did you get charged

For the people that preordered and got cancelled did you get charged
Nope, no charge here. I saw the Amex preauthorization flash on my iPad the night I ordered it, but it isn't even pending now. For $13 more bucks, was able to order it @ BB, meh, it's all good. I can pick it up on release day, yay!

just pre ordered the game by itself. I really want it for the drums and don't feel like buying the entire set. Prob gonna start playing some on 360 to get back into the groove :D

You have the RB2 drums I assume? As I believe that's gonna be the only legacy set that'll work with the adapter. I'm bummed that I have the RB1 drums and IONs, and neither will work. I can't complain too much though. The fact that they're making a new game and making it BC with wireless controllers and DLC is awesome.

I really, really wish they'd sell the drumset separately, or in a bundle with the game. I don't need another RB guitar that I'll never use. My GH3 guitar is a warhorse and I'll never use anything else.

You have the RB2 drums I assume? As I believe that's gonna be the only legacy set that'll work with the adapter. I'm bummed that I have the RB1 drums and IONs, and neither will work. I can't complain too much though. The fact that they're making a new game and making it BC with wireless controllers and DLC is awesome.

I really, really wish they'd sell the drumset separately, or in a bundle with the game. I don't need another RB guitar that I'll never use. My GH3 guitar is a warhorse and I'll never use anything else.
yea I got the RB2 drums. I don't understand why wired instruments won't work. RB1 drums I'm pretty sure are wired, I thought the problem with the old instruments is the wireless signals. When I first herd that I assumed any wired guitar/drums would work fine.

Maybe once rock band takes off again ion will make some type of legacy adapter as well?

anyone been able to pre-order through BB for in-store pickup? Don't get any option to select store. (the guitar bundle, not the whole band bundle)

just pre ordered the game by itself. I really want it for the drums and don't feel like buying the entire set. Prob gonna start playing some on 360 to get back into the groove :D
Just wanna make sure you don't buy the wrong thing. If you have PS3 equipment and are getting it for PS4 then game-only is fine, but if you have 360 equipment you need to get the game+adaptor bundle (I think it's $80).

Just wanna make sure you don't buy the wrong thing. If you have PS3 equipment and are getting it for PS4 then game-only is fine, but if you have 360 equipment you need to get the game+adaptor bundle (I think it's $80).
oh yea I got 360 equipment so got the game + legacy adapter. I said game by itself to distinguish I didn't get a guitar/band bundle.

Just a heads up for those who want the controller adapter for X1: Amazon has it for $9.99 when you use the promo code RB4ADAPTER.
Just to clarify: this is for people who plan on buying the digital version on XB1 - i.e. there is no game-only XB1 option available to buy at retail, only the game/adapter bundle, correct?

I'm weighing this vs. just buying the game/adapter bundle at Best Buy for $63 after GCU

Just to clarify: this is for people who plan on buying the digital version on XB1 - i.e. there is no game-only XB1 option available to buy at retail, only the game/adapter bundle, correct?

I'm weighing this vs. just buying the game/adapter bundle at Best Buy for $63 after GCU
As far as I know, the instrument bundles don't come with an adapter, either, which is why I ordered one, myself. I still have a few old 360 guitars that I can probably still squeak some use out of.

Ugh, wonderful.  Now I'm finally trying to pre-order the XB1 Guitar Bundle and it's not going through.  It's removing it from my cart after I try to checkout.  I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not an early indication that this bundle is sold out...

I just noticed that the digital pre-order is up for $59.99 w/ 12 free tracks.

LINK

Wonder if that qualifies for the $15 in XBL rewards for preorders?

Ugh, wonderful. Now I'm finally trying to pre-order the XB1 Guitar Bundle and it's not going through. It's removing it from my cart after I try to checkout. I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not an early indication that this bundle is sold out...
Whoops, actually I just read up more about the game's hardware compatibiilty. Forget this whole thing, I never realized that they wouldn't be supporting any wired instruments other than microphones. All my plastic instruments aside from the keyboard (which isn't even carrying over to RB4) are wired from earlier games. I don't even need that wireless adapter because nothing I own would use it.

Damn. And I was such a big Rock Band fan back then.

Getting the adapter for $10 + the digital preorder with the 12 free songs sounds like the way to go. I get all my games on disc but this game is likely to never get a sequel this generation and being able to just pick up a guitar anytime and play will be a plus. I would get the game with the adapter but that version doesn't qualify for the free songs which will make up for not getting a GCU discount. Its too bad the adapter doesn't have at least one USB for the microphone so you aren't taking up all 3 ports when using a hard drive. It didn't say at checkout but this thing better get release date delivery with prime.

Whoops, actually I just read up more about the game's hardware compatibiilty. Forget this whole thing, I never realized that they wouldn't be supporting any wired instruments other than microphones. All my plastic instruments aside from the keyboard (which isn't even carrying over to RB4) are wired from earlier games. I don't even need that wireless adapter because nothing I own would use it.

Damn. And I was such a big Rock Band fan back then.
I would imagine they did it specifically for people like me who prefer GH guitars. I wouldn't have even entertained the thought of buying RB4 if I knew I had to deal with RB guitars.

Controller adapter deal appears dead. Can't add it to cart "we're sorry that... Is no longer available from the seller". Clicking to get from another seller just is an endless loop.

Controller adapter deal appears dead. Can't add it to cart "we're sorry that... Is no longer available from the seller". Clicking to get from another seller just is an endless loop.
Looks like you're right. Hopefully it'll come back in stock for those who need it while the promo code's still active (I'm not sure of the exact time frame for its eligibility). I'll leave it in the thread title for now, just in case.

All I know is that I'm stoked for some of these preorder songs to come to the Rock Band store. Requested BABYMETAL "Gimme Chocolate!" during the song request period thinking it would never see the light of day. I can't wait to see me fire up that song and try and have my wife sing the song.

Also stoked for Alabama Shakes, Mastodon and Earth Wind & Fire.

All I know is that I'm stoked for some of these preorder songs to come to the Rock Band store. Requested BABYMETAL "Gimme Chocolate!" during the song request period thinking it would never see the light of day. I can't wait to see me fire up that song and try and have my wife sing the song.

Also stoked for Alabama Shakes, Mastodon and Earth Wind & Fire.
Thanks for that I was so excited when I saw Babymetal added

It might be sold out. I've been waiting for preorders to reopen for the xbone rb4 band bundle but I doubt that's going to happen before release day

Looks like i wont be getting this game until 2016.  I want it digitally but I don't have any compatible controllers. Meh could be for the best anyway, hopefully they will have a new Pro drumset by then :)

Any other random deals pop up for this?

I'm torn between signing up for GCU and pre-ordering through Best Buy, or trading in crap at Gamestop for store credit and getting it there since Best Buy's trade-in process seems to have a few more hoops to jump through. I can't justify spending $250 in cash outright on a single video game at the moment. Sadly I will never, ever again have a reason to use the GCU membership since I get most games digitally.

And of course I'm pre-ordering the actual game through Xbox Live to get it digitally + the pre-order songs with Microsoft Monies bought with Golden Crisp coupons and some leftover rewards credit I have, and selling the physical game that comes with the bundle. It's a damn shame that RB1 drums and Ions don't work with the legacy adapter. No, really, it sucks.

The 30 song pack that Gamestop is offering also doesn't appeal to me at all since I own all of those. Every single one.

so... I'm getting an Xbox One for this. Is going through GCU the best deal? Even at buying the membership at 30 I'm still saving.
Yes and the preorder is up in store too.

Of note to those that wanted the Legacy adapter, it is back in stock on Amazon. The $15 off has expired though.

bread's done
Back