Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just went through all the DLC, somehow I only have 251 songs to download. Fairly certain there are songs not showing purchased. Are they going to unlock the green day songs for those that used the code for that version?

Seems I should have gotten mine delivered, doubt I'll luck out and get an extra guitar picking up instore...

Walked into Best Buy today on the west side Wichita, KS location, and the associate was able to get my preorder in off one of the preorder cards in-store for the XB1 band in a box bundle!

Not believing it until I pick it up Tuesday though.

Yeah Gamestop told me my RB4 plus adapter is delayed, i really need this day one, new plan is to buy digitally and get the adapter from amazon knowing i won't have the adapter day one is better then no game at all day one (we sing mostly).

I've never pre ordered digitally before, can I use points aka microsoft money?

Becoming more and more disappointed by the amount of songs they've ported over. 862 songs on Rock Band 3, I realize some of that's Rock Band 3 songs, Green Day, 13 RBN and some other packs but only 251 songs for Rock Band 4, come on man! Figured I'd at least have over 50%...

See the same thing on mine. I have the CCR pack on the 360 and on the Xbox One it's double the price and asking me to pay for it.
I actually just looked on the Harmonix website and you need to do it from the XB1 store. It still looks to be a huge pain in the ass and I've seen screenshots from people who have the game early where in the actual Rock Band 4 game storefront it will show purchased so you can easily go through and download songs you've purchased so I'll wait and do it that way.

Becoming more and more disappointed by the amount of songs they've ported over. 862 songs on Rock Band 3, I realize some of that's Rock Band 3 songs, Green Day, 13 RBN and some other packs but only 251 songs for Rock Band 4, come on man! Figured I'd at least have over 50%...
Harmonix will come through. It might take a bit longer than we'd like, but I commend them for even trying this in the first place. They seem invested enough with their fans, and are actually listening to us.

[quote name="The Questyen" post="12950393" timestamp="1443835993"]I actually just looked on the Harmonix website and you need to do it from the XB1 store. It still looks to be a huge pain in the ass and I've seen screenshots from people who have the game early where in the actual Rock Band 4 game storefront it will show purchased so you can easily go through and download songs you've purchased so I'll wait and do it that way. [/quote]

This sounds like the best plan, I literally went through every song under addons, ya they all aren't listed there. I've been doing a search while looking at my rock band 3 song list and finding more songs so hopefully my numbers go up significantly. I am noticing a few songs saying that I haven't purchased them, we will rock you is one.

Also all packs don't have all the songs in them Rick Springfield

Harmonix will come through. It might take a bit longer than we'd like, but I commend them for even trying this in the first place. They seem invested enough with their fans, and are actually listening to us.
Yeah, this is really a pretty massive undertaking, I'm sure it isn't as simple as "push butan to port to Xone" like some people think.

Still, the Electric Six and Talking Heads tracks work with RB4 so Mission Accomplished.

I'm a bit disappointed that the disc exports aren't up yet and I have to do this through the Xbone console store instead of online.

Despite the issues, this is the most successful cross generational port of DLC. Rocksmith's was a mess and didn't work properly for months, Dance Central took about a year to have everything rereleased. Compared to either of those, porting Rock Band's song library is a huge undertaking. I need to set aside an evening to just port songs and cross them off my list... Seems I have around 1200 songs to check myself.

One thing I didn't see mentioned yet. For the past few years DLC that was released prior to Rock Band 3 was put on sale for $1. This sale ends Tuesday with the release of Rock Band 4. This is your last chance to grab those older songs for half price.

One thing I didn't seem mentioned yet. For the past few years DLC that was released prior to Rock Band 3 was put on sale for $1. This sale ends Tuesday with the release of Rock Band 4. This is your last chance to grab those older songs for half price.
I think they've already ended the sale, at least on the PSN store.

It seems I can't find hardly any of the DLC online for RB to confirm this but one pack that I did find matched up with the the sale price (The Best of the Who) from this list (http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf).

If anyone can confirm that these prices are still intake on PSN, I'm going to borrow a buddy's PS3 today and buy some DLC. Thanks!
I checked a couple other packs. It looks like that while individual tracks aren't on sale on PSN anymore, packs are still on sale.

I checked a couple other packs. It looks like that while individual tracks aren't on sale on PSN anymore, packs are still on sale.
That's good and a bummer too. Wanting to get mainly singles as I'm trying to make it less cluttered with songs I don't like in the packs but look at is as the free song of the pack and it's not as bad to swallow.

Thanks for looking this up for me.

With the Band in a Box bundles looking to be sold out on BBY.  Do they ever offer just the drums available for sale down the road?  

With the Band in a Box bundles looking to be sold out on BBY. Do they ever offer just the drums available for sale down the road?
Online on the harmonix website or elsewhere I read that they said to expect just the single instruments themselves by Christmas or early 2016

If anyone hasn't bought any of the songs from the album, Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood album is showing up as $1.99 on PSN.

Can't check now but FYI sale prices were still good on 360 store (used Rock Band Shop App).  Bought about a hundred bucks of stuff just to get a leg up in RB4 catalog

If anyone hasn't bought any of the songs from the album, Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood album is showing up as $1.99 on PSN.
I notice that as well. Some of the packs that are up on the PS4 store are the same price. Black Sabbath Pack 1, Oasis Pack 1, and The Police Pack 1 among a few others are $1.99

Can someone point me to a guide to Rock Band's music, it's DLC, import history, songs and albums that licenses expired for, and stuff like that?

Its kind of like amiibo.

Can anyone else confirm that Guitar Hero instruments will also be compatible with RB4 (I only have RB base and drums)? I saw an article from April saying they would but can't find any others.

I'd like to purchase some songs to use in RB4, but do we know if all dlc with work with RB4? I'd hate to purchase something and not be able to play it. Might just wait till they are up on the PS4 Store.

I've read the dlc songs should be showing up free now on xbox one and PS4 if you bought them on their last gen platform. Yet when I go to songs on the xbox one none are showing free even though I own them on the 360.

Can anyone else confirm that Guitar Hero instruments will also be compatible with RB4 (I only have RB base and drums)? I saw an article from April saying they would but can't find any others.
77kb47ht0owl.png

Googling "rock band 4 instrument compatibility" is hard

I notice that as well. Some of the packs that are up on the PS4 store are the same price. Black Sabbath Pack 1, Oasis Pack 1, and The Police Pack 1 among a few others are $1.99
Nirvana pack 01 is also $1.99. and it's got 7 songs in it. Between that and Dr. Feelgood, I got 17 songs for $4.

Went to Target over lunch and saw PS4 and Xbox One bundle in a box sitting out.

I just can't see myself picking it up until they support the ION kit for the Xbox One version.
Same here. I didn't even know this until I saw the compatibility list posted on the previous page. This makes me just want to cancel my preorder and wait until black friday or later. Is there any word that Harmonix is attempting to make the 360 ion drum kit compatible?

I have the Rock Band 1 drum kit and the ION drum kit. It figures I keep these two big things around taking up space and they aren't even compatible.

Not sure if i should get the guitar or band bundle. i know at somepoint i want to play the drums, im just not sure how often I will.

Anyone find anything interesting on rock band DLC on the xbox that is cheap like the PSN store?
That's a pretty broad question. There are 1200 songs on sale for half off, surely there is something in there that interests your musical tastes. I picked up about 30 songs yesterday, Queen, No Doubt, Weezer, White Stripes, The Who, Rush...there is a ton of stuff for sale.

How are you seeing these? When I check the PS4 PSN I don't see Rock Band 4 addons at all.

How are you seeing these? When I check the PS4 PSN I don't see Rock Band 4 addons at all.
They are all currently listed under the new release add ons section. There is only a very small amount of the DLC posted on the store right now but you can start with that list to get some of those songs. You can also search for "Album" or "Pack" to find the ones currently posted.

It will be much nicer when they are all linked to the Rock Band 4 page.

That's a pretty broad question. There are 1200 songs on sale for half off, surely there is something in there that interests your musical tastes. I picked up about 30 songs yesterday, Queen, No Doubt, Weezer, White Stripes, The Who, Rush...there is a ton of stuff for sale.
sorry let me rephrase, Is there any DLC I should purchase that is worth it?

bread's done
Back