Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure everyone else already knew this, but I just found out RB4 will not support keyboards. That's disappointing.
Look even with the Guitar Freaks, Drummania and Keyboardmania machines linked together to play songs that included all 3 sets of instruments the list is scant.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not surprised that the keyboard is left out. To be fair, not that many rock tracks use the keyboard. I'm not saying there aren't some music tracks that use it but the vast majority don't.

How can this be expired when my email says within the preorder window? To me that means before Oct 6th, not shut off when we feel like it! I wanted to go digital for this game and now I have to find other ways to get it. Get the bundle and get no preorder songs, go digital and get 10 and pay $5 extra for the game then adapter, or buy the guitar bundle, get 30 songs and just one play guitar and sing. DILEMMA!

Look even with the Guitar Freaks, Drummania and Keyboardmania machines linked together to play songs that included all 3 sets of instruments the list is scant.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not surprised that the keyboard is left out. To be fair, not that many rock tracks use the keyboard. I'm not saying there aren't some music tracks that use it but the vast majority don't.
That's OK, I've gotten over it in the last three and a half months.

How can this be expired when my email says within the preorder window? To me that means before Oct 6th, not shut off when we feel like it! I wanted to go digital for this game and now I have to find other ways to get it. Get the bundle and get no preorder songs, go digital and get 10 and pay $5 extra for the game then adapter, or buy the guitar bundle, get 30 songs and just one play guitar and sing. DILEMMA!
Screen cap your email and have chat adjust it. I don't have the email anymore so they just gave me 15% off. Eh, I'll take it.

Damn, looks like I missed out on the Game and Legacy adapter bundle at Best Buy.  I've got a 50 dollar gift card I wanted to use on that.  Guess I'll be holding onto it a bit longer.

I got Amazon to honor the $15 off on the legacy adapter through their chat. I did have to bitch though. The associate said the coupon expired on the 25th and she offered me $5 off for my troubles. I declined it and brought up the fact that they weren't taking pre-orders until around that time, so it's doubtful that anyone even got to use the coupon that they obviously had a deal with Harmonix to even create. I guess that struck a chord (no pun intended). No email screencap necessary.

She said she's escalating it to another department to get the issue fixed for future customers.

I got Amazon to honor the $15 off on the legacy adapter through their chat. I did have to bitch though. The associate said the coupon expired on the 25th and she offered me $5 off for my troubles. I declined it and brought up the fact that they weren't taking pre-orders until around that time, so it's doubtful that anyone even got to use the coupon that they obviously had a deal with Harmonix to even create. I guess that struck a chord (no pun intended). No email screencap necessary.

She said she's escalating it to another department to get the issue fixed for future customers.
I was only able to get $10 but thanks for the idea. Now to decide the pre-order songs are worth the extra $12 dollars over GCU, although it seems to be sold out anyway.

I ended up pre-ordering through Xbox Live with credit I bought with Golden Crisp coupons + rewards credit from a past pre-order, and pre-ordered the band set on Amazon. I'm gonna sell the physical copy of the game in hopes to make some of that back.

I lucked out on the Legacy Adapter on Amazon as far as getting the price adjusted. I took the suggestion of taking it into chat and mentioning that it's within the preorder menu and the coupon code. The rep was actually a big Rock Band fan. She told me to go ahead and order it and she'd adjust the price, sure did. Whole thing took me like 5 mins and got it for the $10.

What's the possibility of a Rock Band bundle being in store at Best Buy on release day? I have the guitar & game combo pre-ordered, but I think I'd like the whole band kit now.

Doubtful?

What's the possibility of a Rock Band bundle being in store at Best Buy on release day? I have the guitar & game combo pre-ordered, but I think I'd like the whole band kit now.

Doubtful?
Depends on the store. Some are only getting enough to cover preorders.

I can't remember, has there been any favoritism shown for one console or the other? or are they gonna be the exact same thing? I'm thinking of getting it for X1 if they're the same either way, too much ps4 space taken already

Harmonix showed a favoritism towards Xbox because they got RBN's full catalog while Playstation got the "best of" tracks from it. Plus it became really hard to find RB3 for PS3 where you could find it easily for 360.

Harmonix showed a favoritism towards Xbox because they got RBN's full catalog while Playstation got the "best of" tracks from it. Plus it became really hard to find RB3 for PS3 where you could find it easily for 360.
The only thing I saw (from a quick search) favoring ps4 was a youtube channel called playstation access. Soooo yea, probably. I'm just hoping the framerate/resolution is the same

But at least the PS4 will have the MPA working at launch for e-kit drummers!

Twitch user tried it and his Rolands worked! Skip to 1:04

From the RBN yes. But the actual Rock Band DLC store is the same for both platforms.
That's kinda a moot point at this time since RBN songs will not transfer to next gen anyway. So as far as XOne/PS4, it's fairly equal (for now). I would say go with whatever console family you already have RB DLC for so it'll transfer to the next gen version.

That's kinda a moot point at this time since RBN songs will not transfer to next gen anyway. So as far as XOne/PS4, it's fairly equal (for now). I would say go with whatever console family you already have RB DLC for so it'll transfer to the next gen version.
Very true, I was just stating past Harmonix behavior.

All I know is working on Tuesday will be quite difficult. Already have planned a family Rock Band night with my wife and kids. Really the only game for me this fall that is a must buy.

From my understanding, none of the older dlc will be available at launch? They will be releasing the dlc over a period of time. Is this correct?

Just dug out my last gen stuff I have :pS3 RB, RB2, & Lego RB. And also have :360 RB2. I have the ps4 band-in-box RB4 preordered, so hopefully I can get some songs exported.

After thinking about it, I remember buying Rock Band Bundle at launch on ps3, then I received RB2 band bundle for 360 when it released as a gift. I just keep both bundles. Now I know why I'm confused about the song export stuff, I never actually did it.

PSA target will only carry the band bundles in store. While the guitar bundles will be available online only.
Looks like most stores in my area got like 2 for each console not counting preorders.

Hopefully Best Buy stocks the band box bundle well outside of the preorders. I'd like to walk in there on Tuesday and pickup when they open.,

DLC songs are starting to show up on the Xbox Store. You can purchase songs and / or start to redownload your songs so you're ready to go.

UGH. I didn't think about RBN. A good portion of my songs I played daily were from RBN. I have both the band bundle and legacy adapter pre-ordered already, but I have a feeling I'll be going back to RB3 on release day. I just need to stop reading stuff about this game until I get it. I keep getting more and more disappointed. I'll keep my pre-order for franchise loyalty, but damn it.

Literally the only thing that excites me is the fact that it's next-gen, which really only means I'll get to see colored blocks flying at me at 60fps now. The few interesting songs that come with the game don't make up for the lack of features I depend on (No online multiplayer? Really? I can excuse certain last-gen peripherals not working right off the bat but that's inexcusable, I used online mode weekly at the very least). I really hope they fix some of these problems later on down the line somehow.

Anyone looking to sell the physical disc for the Xbox one from their bundle? If so please Message me with you asking price.
Update: received an offer, thank you

DLC songs are starting to show up on the Xbox Store. You can purchase songs and / or start to redownload your songs so you're ready to go.
I just checked 3 of the songs that i bought for Rockband 3 are showing up on Xbox one. However, all 3 of these songs are showing a price tag even though i paid for them on Xbox 360

This is where I'm at right now:

• I have three Xbox 360 guitars so I need the Legacy Adapter.
  • I need to get an Xbox One.
  • I sorta want one of the new RB4 Strocasters.

Earlier this week, I bought GCU to preorder RB4 on Xbox One and... as soon as I get in I see the Legacy Adapter/Game bundle is sold out online. so I planned to just pick it up Tuesday. The preodrer songs don't matter since I have most if not all of them.

So now I see that with a $1 'resevation' I can get 25% off at Target on any preorder starting this Sunday. So, I'm thinking reserve something and purchase the Legacy Adapter/Game bundle there. Best Buy has a deal where I get a free NBA 2K16 with purchase of an Xbox One. I figure I get that and flip/sell the NBA2K to finance future purchases. Perhaps towards the guitar bundle?

There is the Marketplace digital preorder. I would like the preorder songs, but it'll cost me more in the end.

This is where I'm at right now:

• I have three Xbox 360 guitars so I need the Legacy Adapter.
  • I need to get an Xbox One.
  • I sorta want one of the new RB4 Strocasters.

Earlier this week, I bought GCU to preorder RB4 on Xbox One and... as soon as I get in I see the Legacy Adapter/Game bundle is sold out online. so I planned to just pick it up Tuesday. The preodrer songs don't matter since I have most if not all of them.

So now I see that with a $1 'resevation' I can get 25% off at Target on any preorder starting this Sunday. So, I'm thinking reserve something and purchase the Legacy Adapter/Game bundle there. Best Buy has a deal where I get a free NBA 2K16 with purchase of an Xbox One. I figure I get that and flip/sell the NBA2K to finance future purchases. Perhaps towards the guitar bundle?

There is the Marketplace digital preorder. I would like the preorder songs, but it'll cost me more in the end.
If you can wait 7 weeks, I would say the best deal would be waiting for Black Friday for the console, potentially for everything.

Well just read this from the Harmonix announcement on DLC:

First and foremost, you will have to re-download each DLC entitlement individually in order to play these tracks in Rock Band 4. Due to 1st party technical restrictions, we are unable to support batch downloads within the 1st party stores. If you want your DLC downloaded to your console, you will have to re-download tracks individually.

Well just read this from the Harmonix announcement on DLC:

First and foremost, you will have to re-download each DLC entitlement individually in order to play these tracks in Rock Band 4. Due to 1st party technical restrictions, we are unable to support batch downloads within the 1st party stores. If you want your DLC downloaded to your console, you will have to re-download tracks individually.
Blah.

Thanks for the update.

Seems like a legit marketing ploy, though.

Scrolling through the list of songs... oh I don't have this one? Bought.

I'm looking at DLC on the web Xbox Store and it's wanting me to pay for songs that I've already bought.  Any one else seeing this?

Is it safe to assume that the new Guitar Hero guitars will work with RB4?

Edit: NVM it's on the list.

Also anyone have luck recently with the code on Amazon for the adapter?

Seems like a legit marketing ploy, though.

Scrolling through the list of songs... oh I don't have this one? Bought.
Ya I noticed, they were showing install on my xbox though. Unfortunately it would be somewhat faster to do on the web store.

Is it safe to assume that the new Guitar Hero guitars will work with RB4?

Edit: NVM it's on the list.

Also anyone have luck recently with the code on Amazon for the adapter?
I think it's safer to assume that the new guitar hero guitars will not work with RB4. The new guitar hero guitars have a different button layout. However, I'm curious if the guitar hero guitar will work too. I'm needing a 4th instrument with my Rock Band 4 bundle and would rather get the GH guitar as the 4th.

Does anyone know if the disc tracks for RB4 will be Lossless?  I mean they're coming on Blu's ffs so they could put the Lossless on FLAC and have more than enough space.

So are we really only getting the old drums and guitar and not newer ver

Hopefully Best Buy stocks the band box bundle well outside of the preorders. I'd like to walk in there on Tuesday and pickup when they open.,
In my store Rock Band is replacing the WB Games (Batman AK, Mortal Kombat, ect.) endcap. If your store has this then you might have a chance. Only 30% of stores will be be carrying the bundles outside of preorders.

Went to Target over lunch and saw PS4 and Xbox One bundle in a box sitting out.

I just can't see myself picking it up until they support the ION kit for the Xbox One version.

I've seen a few people on twitter showing the got an extra guitar / game bundle with it too, so maybe you got lucky and got it too.
:pray: That'd be amazing, but I'm just happy (if) I got it a few days early.

Went to Target over lunch and saw PS4 and Xbox One bundle in a box sitting out.

I just can't see myself picking it up until they support the ION kit for the Xbox One version.
I've actually seen the band bundles at a local BB as early as last Sunday. They were stacked on the corner by the registers about 3 or 4 high.

Got a message from BB saying the XONE game/adapter bundle was delayed to Oct 8th. Anyone else get this? Wondering what that's all about.

Got a message from BB saying the XONE game/adapter bundle was delayed to Oct 8th. Anyone else get this? Wondering what that's all about.
That's the only version of the game my store hasn't gotten yet. Could be a delay with manufacturing the adapter.

bread's done
Back