Rock Band Bundles Giveaway + $5.00 FREE game from Goozex!

I just signed up the other day, but it has given me hope that some of those games that the stores don't care about will be given a good home. I have yet to trade, but i've looked over the site and I like the way the do business.

Signed up a couple days back, gonna send out two games today. It looks like a good site for someone like me who isn't really a collector but likes to play as many games as possible.

Thanks for this. I signed up and even told a neighbor, my girlfriend and a few other friends to sign up. I may use this in the future because even without trading buying the points is worth it for some cheap deals. My name on there is fiumaxx.

Goosex is amazing! These guys have invented a system where they can sell you credits, and you can trade these credits to get other people's games! They even give away free creidts so you can get other people's games! I am very impressed.

I'll take my free game and run.

[quote name='BlazeHedgehog']Aw, my brother can't register if we both live in the same house? Guess we'll have to use my account.[/quote]

So, once you complete your first trade with positive feedback, you get 300 points and 1 trade credit?

Great service, its a nice set and forget trade system. July was by far amazing for sheer quantity of requests and recieves. Now Im finishing up games and may start listing them on goozex again. Thanks goozex, and keep up the new features.

Man, i just signed up for goozex and i didn't know about this promotion. Please enter me into this drawing. My feedback for goozex is that the site is very easy to use. I ordered Killswitch for the orginal xbox with my free 100 points on sign up. I have also placed a few of my games on the site because it def it better than trading them in at game stop for $1.

Enjoying the service so far.

I did have a problem with my first game that was sent to me. The guy sent the game in a Priority Box using paypal shipping but sent it first Class. I had to drive out to the freakin' postoffice and pay the $2.00 difference to get my game. Note to self: Look at the users feedback before agreeing to a trade. The guy has 3 negative feedback. 3 too many for me.

I asked the guy to pay me the extra postage or even throw me a few points (if that's possible).

Otherwise, I like the service. This system though is only as good as those that participate in it.

Bose

[quote name='R0wdi']So, once you complete your first trade with positive feedback, you get 300 points and 1 trade credit?[/quote]

anybody know?

I've never had any direct experience with Goozex, but I think I've seen a few testimonials for Goozex or some other game trading site, and this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out. I hope this post counts. >_>

edit: btw, if we get a game with the free points, who has access to our shipping addresses? Does Goozex handle the shipping, or do the game owners? I'm sure this seems paranoid, but I've never dabbled before in Ebay or anything similar.

I got Quake 3 with my free 100 points. Been trying to get ahold of a cheap copy of it for a while (most places have it selling for more than Quake 4, which is sad for Q4).

Goozex seems like a cool service, I'll probably stick around keep using it. I don't have anything I'd like to get rid of at the moment, but when I feel like it I guess I'll put it up on Goozex.

[quote name='cheapkevin']
edit: btw, if we get a game with the free points, who has access to our shipping addresses? Does Goozex handle the shipping, or do the game owners? I'm sure this seems paranoid, but I've never dabbled before in Ebay or anything similar.[/quote]

I understand that you might feel apprehensive about letting a stranger know your address, but I've been a member of Goozex for several months now and it's been great, you don't need to worry about this, only the person shipping your game sees your address. Goozex is just the middleman who sets up the trade, but games are actually sent out by individual users.

Anyway, since I want a chance at winning that Rock Band bundle, I think I'll go on a nice rant on just how amazing a service Goozex is. See, I was just as apprehensive as I'm sure many of you are when I first joined Goozex. I saw an interview with the guys from Goozex on the occasion of their one year anniversary on 1UP.com, and decided to check it out. I honestly didn't have very high expectations, and thought that signing up would be a waste of time, another site that will spam me with emails and never prove useful.

Boy, was I wrong. Since joining Goozex, I've shipped out 26 games and received 19 (with points to spare in my account, waiting to be matched with games on my request list!). I'm sure if I had traded in my games to, say, Gamestop, I'd have received a fraction of the value of what I got from Goozex, maybe enough to buy 2, MAYBE 3, games. What's more, is that I have received such diverse types of games through Goozex. I've gotten common games that I just never got around to picking up last gen, a la Dragon Quest 8, I've received games that just came out, like Lair and Heavenly Sword, and I've received games that are rare and hard to find, like Ikaruga.

Goozex almost never emails you outside of alerts on trading activity, such as when a game of yours is requested, to alert you that a game is being shipped to you, or to let you know of points changes of games in your request list. They send out a Newsletter once in a blue moon (I think I've receieved 2 or 3, and I joined in July), and the newsletters are informative, bringing you up to date on the new features the Goozex Team is always implementing to give everyone a smoother trading experience.

Another aspect I really like about Goozex is the community. We have a very helpful and understanding community to walk you through your first trade, to discuss games, or to just relax with and play games with. (That's why the Goozex signature, free for all members, has a space for you to fill in your PSN ID, Xbox Live Gamertag, Wii Friend Code number, and your Xfire username!). The is further strengthened by the presence of the founders of Goozex. Unlike at many other sites or stores, where you're just customer #369137 to them, you can really get to know the Goozex guys. I just had a discussion on the forums with Mark Nebesky, the CMO of Goozex, on the business model of Gamestop, versus that of Goozex. The head honchos are frequent posters on the forums, so they're more than just a fancy title on the investor's page. The Goozcasts, the podcast that Goozex makes, have started featuring interviews of members, and the interviewers are none other than the heads of Goozex. They really want to get to know their members, get feedback from them on what they do and what they don't like, and it really makes you feel a lot more welcome there.

So all in all, Goozex is a great site for gamers that can help you save a lot of money (We ARE all CAGs, right?), provide a community that is fun to interact with, and is really all about the userbase, and not just about the company making loads of money off you. I mean, this thread is about a contest, and Goozex has contests on such a frequest basis that at times I wonder how these guys even make a profit! You won't regret joining, I assure you. If you get a bit overwhelmed, that's normal. Just ask on the forums and you'll get a response in no time. Or, you can IM me, as one member did a couple of days ago. The users really are very welcoming and you feel comfortable asking them. I look forward to getting matched for trades with all of you on Goozex! It's pretty obvious it's me, seeing as my Goozex username is ShadowMasterX, heh.

It's great to see all the newcomers to Goozex. I've been a member of the site for a little over a year and, as you can see by my signature, I've sent and received quite a few games.

It's been awesome to finally be able to get real trade value out of games I'm done with.

Make sure to visit the forums, too. Goozex has a fantastic community that I'm sure CAGs will appreciate.

I have been a member of Goozex since January and it is the best thing I gaming I have found yet. If I could figure out how to post my Goozex sig you would see I’ve sent out 102 games and received 88. I now regret every game I have trade in to the brick and mortar stores. I remember bringing in 15 games and getting enough store credit to get 4 used ones. Now I trade on an almost game for game basis with the service there. It all depends on the games you trade the values you get but they are fair and I have yet to feel ripped off using their service.

The Goozex Team is always responsive and the forums are great, a bastion free of fan boys, immature ramblings and petty squabbles. It is the main forum I frequent now and not only because they let me be a moderator. The forums are prone to some of my insomniac ramblings, but that’s about as bad as they get.

Here is he link to the “how it works page” to answer some of your questions:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/about_howitworks.asp

When you sign up you get 100 points and 1 free trade credit. When you send out a game and once you receive positive feedback you will get the point value of the game you sent added to you account.

The person sending you the game will ship the game directly to you, and this has not been a problem for me I have yet to trade with some one even in the same state, so no one has showed up at my door to deliver a game. That could be a bit weird.

When sending out games it is best to use a bubble mailer to protect the game from damage as the Post Office is not always gentle with our prized games. Send the games first class so they get there a bit faster then Media Mail and the difference in cost is negligible. Also, get delivery confirmation mainly to ease and anxiety you have of wondering if ad when a game was delivered.

If you guys still have question just as in the Goozex forums and they will be answered. I’m new to CAG it is a great site I love getting the best on the best deals around and this was my first post here.

Insomniac rant is now over.

Hmmm just curious about how fast the usual turnover from request to send out is? It'd be a nice feature to see how many are trading out or requesting rather than that it's just avalible or not (maybe from someone who is not an active account)?

[quote name='CombatFrog']Hmmm just curious about how fast the usual turnover from request to send out is? It'd be a nice feature to see how many are trading out or requesting rather than that it's just avalible or not (maybe from someone who is not an active account)?[/quote]

Greetings y'all. CombatFrog, the turnaround time is really a function of the game and system. Newer games are higher in demand and usually get requested constantly where older games may not move very quickly. I've been a Goozex member for one year now, and still have a couple of older PC games that I wouldn't expect to be in any kind of demand (i.e.: NBA 2003, Beach Soccer) on my Library list from when I first joined, but I've also sent out older PC games I haven't touched in years (i.e.: Deadly Dozen, Privateer). That being said, other games are instant sends where as soon as you list them, you'll be matched within the hour and able to ship them off that day (Bioshock, Katamari Damacy, Lumines).

As I mentioned, I've been a Goozex member (geomoose is my username over yonder) for a year now, and absolutely love it. I've sent 90 games to other gamers and all 90 have made it to their destination fine and dandy. I've also received 71 games with only 2 hitches where other users didn't send my requested games, but I was quickly refunded my points and trade credit and put back to the front of the request line for those particular trades. Those are some pretty incredible stats in my opinion.

I've been a lurker on CAG for a few years now and love everything it has to offer. Goozex is the warm fuzzy spot in my gaming life that gives me value in games I no longer play.

[quote name='CombatFrog']Hmmm just curious about how fast the usual turnover from request to send out is? It'd be a nice feature to see how many are trading out or requesting rather than that it's just avalible or not (maybe from someone who is not an active account)?[/quote]

Hi CombatFrog. To add to what Geomoose said, if the game is being offered by somebody with an inactive account, the Goozex system will take care of it.

When somebody requests a game and the seller is matched, they have a certain amount of time to confirm or their game is put on hold in the queue and the system moves on to the next seller offering the game. So, unless that seller takes the game off hold, it will remain that way.

Just another satisfied Goozex member here. The system really works well, and it's amazing to find that some of those old dust gatherers are coveted by others out there. I've only completed a couple trades but I've had no problems whatsoever. My hang-up is I'm a bit of a game hoarder...still have my Atari 2600 stuff to prove it.

Oh yeah, and with a contest promotion like this, how can you lose? Really, a chance to win Rock Band, the most anticipated game this holiday season, plus bonus points? Great job Goozex!

Hi all,

I'm new to Goozex (been a lurker on CAG for a few months), and so far it's been a great experience. Currently have three games in the mail to others and a couple inbound to me.

What I'm really hyped about is the value you get compared to trading in with stores, and the convenience of not having to negotiate prices and trade values like you do with person-to-person trades.

Wouldn't go trading my rarer games on there, but it's great for being able to turn those $60 games that get played for a week into other new games.

taintedzodiac.png

Goozex,

I actually joined your website with the intent of entering the Rock Band give-a-way, but I forgot to use the code when registering.

Subsequently, I was so sold on your program, I already sent out my first 2 games. :D

I haven't received any games yet, but this site does a great job of keeping the game's actual value, which benefits all traders.

So could I be entered into the contest too? Please? ;)

I had my doubts at the start with some rocky trades, but overall it's been a pleasent experience. It doesn't feel like I'm getting hosed on games and the point totals are reasonable. I'd like to see some more people sign up so the pool of games continues to grow.

[quote name='importfighter817']Goozex,

I actually joined your website with the intent of entering the Rock Band give-a-way, but I forgot to use the code when registering.

Subsequently, I was so sold on your program, I already sent out my first 2 games. :D

I haven't received any games yet, but this site does a great job of keeping the game's actual value, which benefits all traders.

So could I be entered into the contest too? Please? ;)[/quote]

Be sure to start a thread on the Goozex forums about this, too. That way, you'll be sure to get someone's attention.

Hey guys! I am new to the CAG forums, although I have been lurking around the site for a few months.

I have been a member of goozex for about 4 or 5 months now and I must say I love it. I held out on purchasing Medal of Honor Airborne and ended up getting it off goozex. I played through the game, although it was fun it wasnt a keeper, then sent it off to the next person. I have traded alot of older games from systems I no longer have or use (PS2 and PC) and have been able to score Xbox 360 games with the points. Its really a great system for retaining value. I remember trading in 3 or 4 good xbox 360 games just to get a new xbox 360 game at gamestop. I am glad that I found goozex because I dont have to throw money in the toilet like that again.

If you are truly a CAG then you want to get the most of your money, and goozex is a great place to do it.

Thanks for this... I imagine that this site will save me a buncha moneys. Beats messin with the Gamestop nazis.

Might as well join the calvalcade of satisfied and happy Goozex users. As many of you CAGs well know, I've been a relative long time member and supporter of the site. It really is the perfect complement to our CAG ways as a Cheap Ass gamer. I urge all CAGs to give this the good ol' college try, as you will be sure to come to love it. Really. Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or what-not about Goozex and I'll be glad to talk you through the rigamaroll. Thanks CheapyD for being so great to Goozex and for your early support of them. Because of CheapyD, I have two video gaming sites that are a part of my daily web-browsing.

I really like Goozex, it lets me "trade" some of my older, low-value games directly to other gamers and upgrade to newer games, without the hassle of ebay or amazon or the major loss of value from trading in at retailers.
I also like the free 100-point deal, I've gotten three buys this weekend from newbies.
I do like the notice when point values change, that's a nice addition.
I'd *really* like to win the contest :) and it's cool that it's open to non-new users as well.
It would be interesting if Goozex could include DVDs as well, but I'm not sure how that would work, given the relative ease of bootlegging DVDs and the various versions of titles. Plus, it's better to do one thing well than many things not so well.
I'm dtcarson on there as well.

Just joined and it seems great. Got Empire Earth II with my free 100 points.
I think that Goozex should let members trade old games and consoles (SNES, NES, Atari, ect.). That would be awesome.

Yeah, I was just upstairs in the "archive" (bonus room closet) and found a bunch of Genesis and older games that I'm sure someone would want for 100 points or so, but that are of pretty much no value otherwise.
Cartridge games might have a higher 'failure rate' than disk games, especially older ones; I definitely recall having to shake and blow Gen or NES or Atari carts. In addition, they might be more expensive to ship safely, and people would definitely need to lower their "box/manual" standards.

Goozex definitely does go to show that one man's played-out game is another man's new treasure (or, "he's paying 200 points for this?! Whatever. Every game is someone's favorite.")

I just started using Goozex and it's great. I got a match for a game that I was 27th in line for in a couple of hours.

Could I be entered in the competition please, I signed up recently, but I forgot to put in the coupon. Thanks

HMYUAWT75MCW7R6V33WGXDRHWMCXSNEV78655420775044300

[quote name='lurknomore']Might as well join the calvalcade of satisfied and happy Goozex users. As many of you CAGs well know, I've been a relative long time member and supporter of the site. It really is the perfect complement to our CAG ways as a Cheap Ass gamer. I urge all CAGs to give this the good ol' college try, as you will be sure to come to love it. Really. Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or what-not about Goozex and I'll be glad to talk you through the rigamaroll. Thanks CheapyD for being so great to Goozex and for your early support of them. Because of CheapyD, I have two video gaming sites that are a part of my daily web-browsing.[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but how did you get 5 free trade tokens? I thought it was only 1 trade token and 100 points? And another question, after your first positive trade, you get 300 points right?

Thanks for the contest, I just signed up and i'm checking things out now. I've saw posts about your site but never took the time to give it a chance until now. Looks interesting and I gues i'll give it a shot and see how things go trading. :D

[quote name='R0wdi']Sorry for the double post, but how did you get 5 free trade tokens? I thought it was only 1 trade token and 100 points? And another question, after your first positive trade, you get 300 points right?[/quote]

You will get the points for the game you sent out. If it was valued at 300 points then that is what you will get. Right now you get your 100 free points right when you sign-up.

Goozex has gone a long way for me in regards to stretching my gaming budget. I keep a stash of points in my account and a list of games on my request list and wait for the surprise emails letting me know a match has been found.

No more trading one for one, on Goozex I just dump my old stuff, store up the points and use em when I want.

Kudos!

I'm a member but haven't actually done any trades yet. Hopefully after X-Mas I'll have some stuff to trade. Thanks for the great promo and good luck to everyone.

Haven't really been using this service but now that I quit my job to go back to school, I think it's going to become one of my favorite sites!

Signed up and requested a game.

I wish there was a way to tell how many people are queued to request or trade a given game so I had an idea where I stood.

Otherwise seems like a nice site.

[quote name='CombatFrog']Signed up and requested a game.

I wish there was a way to tell how many people are queued to request or trade a given game so I had an idea where I stood.

Otherwise seems like a nice site.[/quote]

Just go to the trading info tab, in the games page. it wil show you how many people are offering or requesting a given game. also you spot in line is show under your library and your request pages.

At first, I was a bit optimistic about a new game trading site. But since I had some old games to unload that I couldnt get much on eBay or trading in to GameStop, I thought I would give Goozex a try. I must say, it was well worth it. I was able to unload the games and was able to get a game I wanted. Only cost was shipping the games. Pricing (points) is fair and accurate. The staff and traders are excellent and Goozex makes sure everyone is happy!

Goozex has grown a lot (both members and where it now today) and has expanded in every field. Would love to see accessories as well as movies added. This would be the ultimate trading site.

[quote name='iazybandit']At first, I was a bit optimistic about a new game trading site. But since I had some old games to unload that I couldnt get much on eBay or trading in to GameStop, I thought I would give Goozex a try. I must say, it was well worth it. I was able to unload the games and was able to get a game I wanted. Only cost was shipping the games. Pricing (points) is fair and accurate. The staff and traders are excellent and Goozex makes sure everyone is happy!

Goozex has grown a lot (both members and where it now today) and has expanded in every field. Would love to see accessories as well as movies added. This would be the ultimate trading site.[/quote]

In your experience, what condition do games usually arrive in? I've used my first 100 points as a "trial" I guess to see what I will receive. I don't want to put any of my minty games up if I'm going to get garbage in return. Some are even still sealed that I'm no longer interested in (I wonder if anybody would complain if they received a sealed game).

[quote name='galvatron2k1']In your experience, what condition do games usually arrive in? I've used my first 100 points as a "trial" I guess to see what I will receive. I don't want to put any of my minty games up if I'm going to get garbage in return. Some are even still sealed that I'm no longer interested in (I wonder if anybody would complain if they received a sealed game).[/QUOTE]
The games I receive have been in excellent condition. Maybe a few minor hairline scratches but thats expected with used games. Although its hard to know what the condition of the game is before it arrives, you just have to go by faith and trust in the community and other gamers. Everyone has had the same feeling you have when we all first started. Just know that if you list a mint game with no scratches that you'll get the same thing in return.

Sometimes when I trade games, they're sealed. Yea, I can probably sell it on eBay but its best to give it to a gamer who will enjoy it. Not to mention, it would be like a surprise cuz they're thinking they're getting a used opened game and when they open it, its sealed and brand spanking new. Sometimes you even get "tips" from the person who you sent it to because the games condition exceeded their expectations.

If a problem ever arises that you feel the game is really messed up or you have a problem with it, Goozex will surely be able to help you with the situation as their customer service is very helpful.

bread's done
Back