Rock Band Bundles Giveaway + $5.00 FREE game from Goozex!

Guess I have to learn from experience, but this kinda sucked. Signed up for this contenst, sent a PC game, disc-only, and used that envelope that Goozex offers. Apparently the post office ignored the "do not bend" warnings on it and snapped the disc, putting me out 100 points and giving me negative feedback. (Assuming the guy's telling the truth, but frankly this series of events seems more likely than someone cheating a newbie for Re-Volt.) And since I went to the same post office, they'll probably do the same on the other PC game I sent disc-only.

So, yea. That envelope's pretty much useless.

[quote name='Charron']Guess I have to learn from experience, but this kinda sucked. Signed up for this contenst, sent a PC game, disc-only, and used that envelope that Goozex offers. Apparently the post office ignored the "do not bend" warnings on it and snapped the disc, putting me out 100 points and giving me negative feedback. (Assuming the guy's telling the truth, but frankly this series of events seems more likely than someone cheating a newbie for Re-Volt.) And since I went to the same post office, they'll probably do the same on the other PC game I sent disc-only.

So, yea. That envelope's pretty much useless.[/quote]

I'm sorry your first trade went like that.

The topic of shipping has been discussed quite a bit on the Goozex forums. Most of us use bubble mailers with delivery confirmation. When sending disc-only games, it's a good idea to put the disc in a clamshell or similar case.

The post office has done some pretty nasty things to games. I had a 360 game arrive with the case bent at a 45 degree angle. It looks like somebody probably ran over it with a handtruck.

[quote name='timpysan']I'm sorry your first trade went like that.

The topic of shipping has been discussed quite a bit on the Goozex forums. Most of us use bubble mailers with delivery confirmation. When sending disc-only games, it's a good idea to put the disc in a clamshell or similar case.

The post office has done some pretty nasty things to games. I had a 360 game arrive with the case bent at a 45 degree angle. It looks like somebody probably ran over it with a handtruck.[/quote]

Well, my first trade actually went great, but this was my first time sending. Guess I'll put everything on hold 'til I get some bubble mailers.

my goozex nickname is playing mantis, and so far the goozex experience has been pretty good.

Most games I have received are in excellent condition, some mint. The first game I received was not "full package" like I requested, but goozex took care of the situation for me.

Very pleased.

Thanks!

[quote name='Silentshawn']Just go to the trading info tab, in the games page. it wil show you how many people are offering or requesting a given game. also you spot in line is show under your library and your request pages.[/quote]

Ah i see how could I miss that? Thanks for the tip!

I recently signed up for goozex and I am looking forward to trading on the site. Unfortunately, I forgot to sign up using the code but I would like to be involved in the contest.

Been a Goozex member for a while. All been a great experience, and have gotten a ton of games I've been wanting to get that haven't been at a CAG price elsewhere yet. Good stuff, i i say. (CAG name = Goozex name)

[quote name='Charron']Guess I have to learn from experience, but this kinda sucked. Signed up for this contenst, sent a PC game, disc-only, and used that envelope that Goozex offers. Apparently the post office ignored the "do not bend" warnings on it and snapped the disc, putting me out 100 points and giving me negative feedback. (Assuming the guy's telling the truth, but frankly this series of events seems more likely than someone cheating a newbie for Re-Volt.) And since I went to the same post office, they'll probably do the same on the other PC game I sent disc-only.

So, yea. That envelope's pretty much useless.[/QUOTE]
The "envelope" isnt even an envelope. Its a normal piece of paper with printed shipping address. What makes you think that a disc only wouldnt get smashed regardless if it says "do not bend" on it? There is no protection what-so-ever to prevent it from being damaged.

If anything, print out the envelope, tape it to a bubble mailer and send it out if you're too lazy/dont have the time to write out the address or have bad handwriting.

I just signed up but I forgot to use the code...! Hopefully I'll still be able to be entered into the contest(username = fsecreast). But yea I just put up a bunch of my 360 games and a couple DS/Xbox games into my library. I don't really have many requests right now other than those in high demand so I'll just wait it out and ship games out while I wait my turn. :)

Looks great though, and the forums are really nice. Everyone seems extremely helpful.

[quote name='scion of ys']is there any way to get trade credits other then through pay pal or credit card?[/quote]

The Goozex team frequently gives out credits as rewards, too. For example, completing your first trade and receiving positive feedback, or being one of the top 10 sellers in a month.

I've been with Goozex for a few months and loving it! The best trade I've gotten so far that I was really looking forward to was the tin can collector's edition of Gears Of War. Once I got that one, I traded my original regular copy. Goozex is fantastic!!
My user name there is also NoirTech.
I highly highly recommend the site. I could never go back to EBGames or any other game store to trade. Goozex is a lot more fair.

I love goozex. I would love it more if people wanted my crappy games, but that's not gozzex's fault. My first couple months were amazing, and it spoiled me. A fantastic service - I've tried sayswap and it's pure crap next to goozex.

Just thought I'd mention, I just got the new EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly). And they have a Trade service ranking. Goozex is rated highest with gametradingzone, barterbee, sayswap, and gameswap following.

I really like Goozex so far, the game version of Peerflix. I've been sent Sonic Mega Collection in the mail, and sent out an old game for the PC. Thinking about adding my second copy of Mario Galaxy, but it will probably wait until I get closer to the top og the queue for some of the newer games I want.

Goozex User Name: thenockmlb

Signed up last week using this contest as incentive. Received my freebie game Devil May Cry 2 and just accepted my first trade for a game at 1000 points which works out about $20 more than i'd gotten trading it in probably. Fingers crossed all goes well the guy has good feedbacks so....:D

[quote name='thenockmlb']I really like Goozex so far, the game version of Peerflix. I've been sent Sonic Mega Collection in the mail, and sent out an old game for the PC. Thinking about adding my second copy of Mario Galaxy, but it will probably wait until I get closer to the top og the queue for some of the newer games I want.

Goozex User Name: thenockmlb[/quote]

You might want to go ahead and list your Mario Galaxy, so you have the points available. The queue can be a bit deceptive. I've been matched for games that I was 90th in line for, just because the other people in front of me didn't have any available trade credits or enough points.

I'd hate for you to miss a game you really wanted because you didn't have enough points. That happened to me a couple of times with a really rare game. Last time, I missed it by a matter of 100 points. Now I try to always carry a surplus.

I find it much easier to buy things, than it is to sell things. Almost all my games listed, have a long waiting time. It harder to earn points, unless you feel like buying points.

[quote name='AllTimeMo']I find it much easier to buy things, than it is to sell things. Almost all my games listed, have a long waiting time. It harder to earn points, unless you feel like buying points.[/quote]

It really depends. If you list high-demand games, they'll get matched almost instantly. Yesterday, I added Halo 3, Heavenly Sword, and Blue Dragon to my available list and had matches within the hour.

I'm having REALLY good luck with the 2 games i've listed. RE4 for the Wii listed this morning just before bed and when I woke up I had a request and accepted for 700 points. 100 more points or $5 and I can get Beautiful Katamari on 360 that's a pretty good trade. :D Also listed Medal of Honor Airborne 360 LATE last night and about 2 hours later had a request at 1000 points! Not sure what I want with those points yet... I'm digging Goozex and see why you long timers like it. :D

[quote name='timpysan']It really depends. If you list high-demand games, they'll get matched almost instantly. Yesterday, I added Halo 3, Heavenly Sword, and Blue Dragon to my available list and had matches within the hour.[/quote]

Yea, thats probally me problem. I'm assuming hundreds of other people are putting up the same games as me, but yea all the high end games i have i still play.

Only 2 more days till we know who the winners are. God i'm pumped.

Awesome website, just signed up but missed the field for the promo code I suppose. Hope to trade with some of you guys soon!

goozex user: litch991

Thank you for this. (Forgot about the Code LOL.) My name is Duddy07 on it. Also, from what I saw on there for Rock Band for the 360 the game by itself is 850 points while the Special Edition is 1000 points. Seeing it is only 100 more points then Halo 3 I think I am going to save up and get Rock Band this way. Hehehe.

I've been a member of goosex for a while, but I haven't exactly traded yet. I've been meaning to, though. Goosex is pretty much the only trading site I'll use because I like the way they trade is somewhat blind and systematic. It has a very good system behind it, so it feels a lot more trustworthy than most sites.

Amazing contest. I just entered.

Playing the drums on Rock Band is so easy. Is it true that you can pretty much play drums if you can play them on expert in the game? I've never played before, yet I FC'ed "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath.

I've been using Goozex for a couple months now and it's been easy sailing from day one with no problems and quick transactions. I highly recommend it if you have games you don't want/play anymore because someone out there wants them.:)

Blade, the demos automatically did the bass drum for you...

Getting 3 limbs to move independantly is a bit different than two :p

I joined Goozex shortly after it started popping up on CAG and I've had nothing but good experiences. Games I want usually get shipped within a few days, and I love the fact that so many older (but quality) games are only 100 points.

I've been a member for a little over a year and have recieved over 170 games. I love Goozex! It's the best ...now give me my Rock Star...

I just started using goozex and I just ordered Fable. So hopefully it works out and I continue to use it. Maybe I can even get into the drawing for rock band with this post!

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']I wonder who won..[/quote]

Contest ends tonight at midnight (PST). 2 winners announced tomorrow!

I've been a Goozex member for quite a while now and it is one of the best trading sites around. The staff is constantly improving the site as well as refining the trading process for the better. I highly recommend giving it a look-see. The newest issue of EGM just rated them as the top game trading site on the net too.

The only real downside to the site is that the Muze database that powers it does not have old classic systems (NES, SNES, Jag, etc).

Callidus

[quote name='rogus']I've been a member for a little over a year and have recieved over 170 games. I love Goozex! It's the best ...now give me my Rock Star...[/quote]

My god, how many games have you sent out?

Hey everyone!

This has been one of the best contests we've run and I wanted to thank everyone who signed-up on Goozex. Thanks to CheapyD for giving us a lot of support. So here are the two winners:

1. Yuchiro from California
2. Bretts31344 from Kentucky

Congratulations to them both as they were randomly picked this morning! We'll be sending out a personal email to each winner notifying them of the selection.

I also want to thank all the current CAG/Goozex members that came out and vouched for us. Your comments meant a lot and push us to continue to be the best game trading community anywhere!

Finally, remember that the coupon code (CAG-2007) is still active and if you haven't tried the service yet -- you can still get a FREE game on us!

Awesome! I am speechless. This is the first contest I think I actually won. I was happy when I heard that one of my games from Goozex was being shipped today. This is awesome. Thanks CheapyD (and Wombat) for this great site. I would have never have heard of Goozex if it weren't for CAG. I am so glad I did, since it saves me so much by trading my completed/unwanted games. Thanks so much!

Goozex is a great way to turn some of your old, less demanded titles into something you actually want to play. I highly recommend it.

I know the contest is over, but thanks for posting this. I'm gonna check out goozex and I'm gonna check out the service

bread's done
Back