Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

i emailed amazon about fubaring my shipping time.

"Please allow me to explain that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in
supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have
learned that "Rock Band Special Edition" is now back-ordered, and
our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they
expect to have more in stock.

I'm sorry that you were not notified sooner of this change in
availability.

We will ship the item as soon as we are able to obtain it. You
won't be charged until we ship it to you. On the date of shipment,
we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of
your shipment.

Please note I ckecked in our website and found that Rock Band is in
very high demand and the initial industry supply will be limited.
Amazon.com is accepting pre-orders for this item; however, we will
not be able to fulfill all pre-orders immediately when the item is
released."

uh oh.

[quote name='DX_Psycho']
released."

uh oh.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this is going to get very interesting. I'm glad I still have my Gamestop pre-order to fall back on.

[quote name='DX_Psycho']i emailed amazon about fubaring my shipping time.

"Please allow me to explain that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in
supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have
learned that "Rock Band Special Edition" is now back-ordered, and
our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they
expect to have more in stock.

I'm sorry that you were not notified sooner of this change in
availability.

We will ship the item as soon as we are able to obtain it. You
won't be charged until we ship it to you. On the date of shipment,
we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of
your shipment.

released."

uh oh.[/quote]Did your shipping date just change? If so to when? And when did you order? I hope I'm still ok with first shipment since I got in on it when they first had orders up at $199, I think.

mine was november 26, delivery date: 28-29. i changed my card and my delivery date changed to november 29. i wanted to rechange it so i tried to refresh it by clicking on standard shipping and changing back to free. this added like 7 days to my ship date. tried agian. added 7 more days. etc.

kept adding more days for nor eason so i emailed them to ask about it and that's what they told me. i'm stupid and i should have kept it at delivery date november 29. got greedy for 1 less day and now the earliest it'll give me is dec 5. stupid amazon.

anyone know another place to preorder besides eb/gs?

[quote name='DX_Psycho']mine was november 26, delivery date: 28-29. i changed my card and my delivery date changed to november 29. i wanted to rechange it so i tried to refresh it by clicking on standard shipping and changing back to free. this added like 7 days to my ship date. tried agian. added 7 more days. etc.

kept adding more days for nor eason so i emailed them to ask about it and that's what they told me. i'm stupid and i should have kept it at delivery date november 29. got greedy for 1 less day and now the earliest it'll give me is dec 5. stupid amazon.

anyone know another place to preorder besides eb/gs?[/quote]

Blah. Same thing happened to me. I had ordered back in August, but it was showing a Nov 27 ship date. I was trying to ensure a ship date prior to Thanksgiving and I got my ship date all the way up to Jan ship date screwing around. Oh well, guess Amazon loses a sale from me. I'll either preorder at GS and pick it up with Mass Effect, use my $25 Mario Galaxy gift card at TRU, or try the 20% off coupon at KMart. Decisions, decisions...

really, what's the point of the other five frets? will it display differently... i'm not quite sure why i'd even keep the rock band guitar when i already have two gh guitars.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']really, what's the point of the other five frets? will it display differently... i'm not quite sure why i'd even keep the rock band guitar when i already have two gh guitars.[/QUOTE]
when playing solos or the 'free jam' sections you can use the extra five fret buttons and you don't have to hit the strum bar. this can potentially make fast solos easier and make racking up points in the 'free jam' parts faster. i think its a cool idea.

I ordered last week and got 2 day shipping and mine is still set to ship the 20th and arrive the 23rd. :)

I'm guessing those who payed extra for faster shipping are given priority to those who just got regular free shipping.

no, now if you change it to standard shipping or faster shipping, you'll still get later dates. seems to be either a glitch or a defense mechanism since they don't have enough stock.

This happened with the Wiis last year-- there was no real rhyme or reason as to when people's ship dates got updated. For a while people could move them but as it got closer to launch any attempts to tweak the order made the estimate go up, if I remember correctly. I don't think you're really messing with your place in line (As long as you don't do anything truly stupid like cancel your order and re-order)

I do remember they shipped the free shipping orders first, and then shipped 2-day, and then the overnight, so all the Wiis would arrive as close to launch as possible. I wish I knew if they'd do that with RB...

[quote name='bigdsinferno']really, what's the point of the other five frets? will it display differently... i'm not quite sure why i'd even keep the rock band guitar when i already have two gh guitars.[/quote]

I think on the 1up Show they mentioned the other frets being used for guitar solos. Like if you were sliding your hand down the neck of the guitar for a wicked solo. My guess is the buttons are mapped exactly the same as the other five buttons, but it gives you a more "immersive" experience.

[quote name='Justin42']This happened with the Wiis last year-- there was no real rhyme or reason as to when people's ship dates got updated. For a while people could move them but as it got closer to launch any attempts to tweak the order made the estimate go up, if I remember correctly. I don't think you're really messing with your place in line (As long as you don't do anything truly stupid like cancel your order and re-order)

I do remember they shipped the free shipping orders first, and then shipped 2-day, and then the overnight, so all the Wiis would arrive as close to launch as possible. I wish I knew if they'd do that with RB...[/QUOTE]

i did do something truly stupid (cancel and re-order)

but my order was relatively new (4 days old) so i didn't affect my line place too much.

I was wondering what time during the day that Amazon items usually ship. I work 3rd shift and was thinking about going by Wal-Mart to see if they were going to put up Rock Band since they open at 6. If I were to get it at WM then I would just cancel my order at Amazon but since I'm going straight from work I'd hate for them to ship it after I already bought it.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']I was wondering what time during the day that Amazon items usually ship. I work 3rd shift and was thinking about going by Wal-Mart to see if they were going to put up Rock Band since they open at 6. If I were to get it at WM then I would just cancel my order at Amazon but since I'm going straight from work I'd hate for them to ship it after I already bought it.[/QUOTE]
Usually the cancel option disappears 1-2 days before it ships because it starts processing from my experience. Highly doubt you can cancel the day of shipment on the website.

For the guys who were able to try out the demo before the guitar was abused by many customers, is the strum bar really that mushy? Or is it just from the heavy traffic/usage it has received from being a demo unit. I mean, there was no click and it just "mushes" like the SixAxis triggers.

[quote name='imperialzerg']I ordered last week and got 2 day shipping and mine is still set to ship the 20th and arrive the 23rd. :)

I'm guessing those who payed extra for faster shipping are given priority to those who just got regular free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that. I pre-ordered in early August with one-day shipping and my Amazon order says estimated delivery is the 26th.

[quote name='misfit13b']Don't know about that. I pre-ordered in early August with one-day shipping and my Amazon order says estimated delivery is the 26th.[/quote] huh...I ordered in early Sept and mine says 21st with One day shipping.

*edit* Does anyone know if this is street dated? If not, can't Amazon send them out the day before?

It doesn't even look like you can preorder the 360 or PS3 versions at amazon any more. They let you preorder from some shady place for $250, but it's not from Amazon itself. Looks like all the sources are drying up for this...

[quote name='spartan789']huh...I ordered in early Sept and mine says 21st with One day shipping. [/QUOTE]

I'm afraid to touch the order at this point, but I'm hoping that Amazon just never got around to updating the shipping estimates. (Please please please!)

I'm a little confused...

Nov 20 is the street date - but bestbuy is breaking street date tonight?
I bought the PS3 version, but would love to get the xbox 360 over it - just don't trust Home yet...

[quote name='nikkai']I'm a little confused...

Nov 20 is the street date - but bestbuy is breaking street date tonight?
I bought the PS3 version, but would love to get the xbox 360 over it - just don't trust Home yet...[/QUOTE]

bestbuy's midnight launch is next week monday night.

[quote name='admanimal']A Walmart in Airmont, NY has broken the street date and sold at least 2 xbox 360 bundles.[/QUOTE]
i'm pretty sure you are referring to the demo units that walmart accidently sold.

Nope, Rock Band forums have proof that it should be the actual thing thats been street date broken. Theres more songs on the game and even the foot pedal, which the demos did not have.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']i'm pretty sure you are referring to the demo units that walmart accidently sold.[/quote]

Well today, people picked up the real copies.

That price is from other sellers....they mark it up. Seems that Amazon has sold out of their preorders.....

CheapyD is about to gain a lot of moolah very soon.

[quote name='JokerCard']That price is from other sellers....they mark it up. Seems that Amazon has sold out of their preorders.....

CheapyD is about to gain a lot of moolah very soon.[/quote]

We'll see. I'm wondering how many CAGs cancel their orders if their Amazon order gets delayed and they find it at their local B&M shop at release.

I know I wont....I dont have to fight the masses on Thanksgiving week to find it and I get it Tax free....sure I may have to wait a couple of weeks later but I think its worth it.....maybe if the delay is outrageous at over a month.

[quote name='JokerCard']I know I wont....I dont have to fight the masses on Thanksgiving week to find it and I get it Tax free....sure I may have to wait a couple of weeks later but I think its worth it.....maybe if the delay is outrageous at over a month.[/quote]

I agree with you, but I'm stopping in to my local shop to pick up Mass Effect anyways. If they have a copy of Rock Band there, and my Amazon order still hasn't shipped yet, I'll probably just bite. We'll see. Either way, more power to Cheapy and family. I hope he does make a boatload of cash from this.

Wow!, check ebay guys a ton of people are starting to post in hand ones now i guess they broke date in a lot of places. This sucks I want to bang out on some drums :).

[quote name='andjuan']We'll see. I'm wondering how many CAGs cancel their orders if their Amazon order gets delayed and they find it at their local B&M shop at release.[/quote]

They'd be stupid to. It looks like there's going to me some profit to be had off these over the holiday season this year. I have a preorder at Gamestop and 2 off Amazon, and if nobody I know wants the extra, off to Ebay it will go.

[quote name='DrazenX']i guess i got lucky

overnight delivery $165 shipped

PROZ[/QUOTE]

From?

And I'm really starting to get nervous that I won't be able to find one before Christmas... =/

[quote name='nikkai']From?

And I'm really starting to get nervous that I won't be able to find one before Christmas... =/[/quote]

this is from amazon.com

i got the 5% off or whatever that was discussed a few pages back

and i signed up for the amazon prime trial and when i changed it to overnight shipping for $3.99.. my estimated ship date changed from Dec 9 to Nov 21st. As I said before: lolproz :):applause:

[quote name='animemaniac14']im a bit worried about how rock band is going to turn out so im simply going to wait for some reviews to come up and base my decision on that...[/QUOTE]

What are you worried about? All previews (and my personal demo experience) have pointed to it being awesome..

OXM gave it a 9.5/10 in their Dec. issue by the way. I believe GH3 got an 8.0.

[quote name='animemaniac14']im a bit worried about how rock band is going to turn out so im simply going to wait for some reviews to come up and base my decision on that...[/QUOTE]

I think most Best Buys have a demo of the entire set up (drums, guitar, microphone) with about 7-8 songs to try. Just play the drums once and you'll be hooked!

It's just guitar hero, but with drums and singing. Plus, it's made by the same people who made Guitar Hero. If you have any doubts try the demos at Best Buy.

I just preordered the Ps2 version. Got free 2-day shipping. I wonder if the Ps2 version is in as high of demand as the other versions? We'll see when it actually ships. I can't believe that I'm going to pay 149.99 for a videogame!

bread's done
Back