Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

[quote name='getmyrunon']I'm waiting for mine to have actually shipped before I do that just so they don't mess with my order...[/quote]
Fantastic idea. As you may have read, I talked about them adjusting my price for RB and they canceled my order.

I will also wait.

[quote name='troll_tracka']need help finding rock band anyone know where i can get it?[/QUOTE]

At this point, go to a store Tuesday. Try the big retailers first, and save EB/GS for last, since "we can't sell you one since you didn't preorder." Walmart will probably sell them at midnight, and Target opens at 8:00 am.

saw these at blockbuster today (sunday).

rockband.jpg

would've bought one but my 360 is in repair right now. ghey!

Just got confirmation that Amazon has shipped my order to arrive on the 20th. I ordered my Rock Band for 360 on the Nov 9th.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']saw these at blockbuster today (sunday).

rockband.jpg

would've bought one but my 360 is in repair right now. ghey![/quote]

which blockbuster did you see this at?

[quote name='Shadowgram']Just got confirmation that Amazon has shipped my order to arrive on the 20th. I ordered my Rock Band for 360 on the Nov 9th.[/quote]

I'm guessing Overnight?

I ordered on Nov. 2nd, but only at Shipping Soon (since this morning). Delivery estimate's always been by the 23rd, but hopefully sooner since it seems there's a lot of ground delivery by the 21st.

So are those of you who got overnight going to try to get credited? I sent them an email and they gave me some stupid form letter about "guaranteed delivery = overnight shipping".

think people will be lining up to get this game? curious cause i want to pick it up on wednesday at a major retail store

[quote name='dm877']think people will be lining up to get this game? curious cause i want to pick it up on wednesday at a major retail store[/QUOTE]

I'll be going to Target at opening on Tuesday. Then Best Buy if I strike out at Target. I really don't know whether or not to expect many others doing the same.

If I was a betting man, I'd say people will be lining up. Don't know how early, but I have a feeling they will. I only say that b/c BB and CC both have it getting there at 0800 (never seen it that early for a game before).

[quote name='spartan789']If I was a betting man, I'd say people will be lining up. Don't know how early, but I have a feeling they will. I only say that b/c BB and CC both have it getting there at 0800 (never seen it that early for a game before).[/quote]

Agreed. With a hot item like this, some of those purchasers will undoubtably resell it during this holiday season for a good profit.

[quote name='Brymo']How/Why are people getting their shipping refunded?[/quote]People who've paid for overnight shipping are getting the game at the same time as people who've paid free shipping as they sent out the free shipping orders the end of last week. Overnight shipping goes out tomorrow so in the end, orders arrive on the 21st regardless of shipping option.

I think most people are just calling in to Amazon. I'm gonna email them myself after my order ships (to avoid my order being altered and sent to the back of the queue), though I would like to know what everyone is telling them.

yeah...I'm with you SteveMcQ. I tried emailing them and they gave me the runaround. I may just call once it is shipped, but what are people saying?

Can I cancel my amazon preorder anytime before it ships? My shipping date is 11/23, but I'd like to cancel it if I can get one from a B&M beforehand.

Smaqaho, I wouldn't do that. You can probably get a bunch on Ebay for it. But, if you want to cancel, as long as it's not in the preparing phase, you can cancel it anytime.

I preordered my copy of Rock Band for the PS3 on July 23rd, which I am sure is earlier than most people. I selected free shipping and as usual mine has not changed shipping status, but other people have had their copies shipped already. This always happens to me with Amazon, I preorder things really early from them and never get the item. The same thing happened with Guitar Hero 3. I preordered it the first day they had preorders available and I ended up getting an adjusted shipping date of Jan. 22 2008 or something ridiculous like that the day the game came out.
I will wait to see what happens tonight and if the status still doesn't change I will head out to Target and Best Buy tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada? A friendly Canuck
offered a moderate sum of money for my Rock Band bundle and I'd like to help him out. I'm concerned that besides a hefty shipping fee there might be other fees such as duty, customs or weird taxes associated with shipping across the border.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Thanks!
-Sean

[quote name='grifta67']Does anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada? A friendly Canuck
offered a moderate sum of money for my Rock Band bundle and I'd like to help him out. I'm concerned that besides a hefty shipping fee there might be other fees such as duty, customs or weird taxes associated with shipping across the border.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Thanks!
-Sean[/QUOTE]

There probably will be some fees that he has to pay when he accepts the package, but there shouldn't be any extra fees on your end.

[quote name='kingpong']Ordered the 360 version with free shipping on 10/27, still hasn't budged from 11/26 ship date and 12/3-12/7 delivery. One would think that orders would ship in the sequence they were placed, but apparently that isn't happening.[/QUOTE]

Same here, which is complete crap. Actually I preorderd it even earlier, but my ship date is the same as yours. I emailed Amazon to try and get more information. Why preorder early if it is just going to ship later?

[quote name='gravkill']Same here, which is complete crap. Actually I preorderd it even earlier, but my ship date is the same as yours. I emailed Amazon to try and get more information. Why preorder early if it is just going to ship later?[/QUOTE]

I preordered on Sept 28th. Shipping estimate was for Nov 26th so I called them up. I told them not to touch any shipping options to not mess up my line in the queue. Zero help on the phone, they said they send these out randomly, doesn't matter when you ordered. Sure enough when I get off the phone it's bumped down to Dec 3rd. Then I get this email from amazon:

"Please note that delivery estimates listed in your account are
incorrect and this is due a temporary technical glitch from our end
and please accept our apologies if this might have caused any
inconvenience.

Rest assure that I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate
department for consideration and I do expect to hear from them
within 2 to 3 business days. "

Still no delivery status.

Update - I got a canned response from Amazon that basically says:

blah blah blah blah blah blah not enough from suppliers blah blah blah blah we're sorry blah blah we are sorry some more blah blah blah blah

They are giving me a $5 credit that will apply to my next purchase. Shipping and delivery estimate of early December have not changed =(

The canned response in no way describes how or why people that ordered later are having their copies shipped. I suppose the priority is not on an aggregated basis, and maybe pre-order rounds are allocated on a per-supplier basis? e.g. I got unlucky and the allotment when I preordered was not fulfilled by the particular supplier, and Amazon doesn't shift a copy to me from a supplier that was on time.

I am definitely going to try a B&M store, then eBay or cancel my Amazon order. I doubt I will preorder anything from Amazon again.

I ordered it a while back with overnight shipping. Order is now in shipped phase. looks like it'll be here on release day. sweet.

*edit*It's strange to me that my friend ordered two weeks ago and his already went out with the free shipping. That sux that Amazon's doing that to people.

Again, the people who ordered faster are getting guaranteed-on-release-day service. I don't think any of the super-saver shipping orders have even been picked up yet. (The tracking numbers were just created) While many of the free shipping orders will make it on release day, many will not, and there's no guarantee since they're going ground.

You basically paid for the guarantee of when you'd get it. This is how Amazon seems to work, so just remember it for next time. :/

My order, originally to ship 27th, arrive 28th, has now been shipped with arrival for tomorrow. I also asked them about the weird arrival date last week and got my 1-Day shipping refunded. :)

Hope the rest of you all get some similar good luck! :)

[quote name='spartan789']I ordered it a while back with overnight shipping. Order is now in shipped phase. looks like it'll be here on release day. sweet.

*edit*It's strange to me that my friend ordered two weeks ago and his already went out with the free shipping. That sux that Amazon's doing that to people.[/quote]

Why is that strange? You selected overnight they selected free shipping. Overnight is usually by air so they ship it out the night before, free shipping is by ground so they ship it out a couple of days before. You each get it the same day, just that his was shipped earlier.

The reason why you think there is a difference is because you ordered BEFORE the day the product was available. Now if the product was available and you both ordered on the same day, you would obviously get the product before the person with free ground shipping since your product travels by plane and the other by ground.

Now there are cases when ground shipping is just as fast as overnight shipping due to the fact that the shipping warehouse is so close to the intending destination that it would be impossible to take more than one day.

Just got an email that mine shipped out. Amazon says estimated delivery is the 28th for UPS ground, but when I checked the tracking # it didn't have an estimated arrival yet. Guess we'll see! I'm fine with any date because I wont be around much this next week due to the holiday...

[quote name='az0madman']Mine shipped. Ordered Nov. 9 with 2-Day Shipping and it's estimated to come on the 21st. Awesome![/QUOTE]

This is garbage. I pre-ordered mine on 9/28 with free shipping and it isn't estimated to go out until next week. Why the hell do orders made 6 weeks after me get shipped out before hand.

[quote name='spree4567']This is garbage. I pre-ordered mine on 9/28 with free shipping and it isn't estimated to go out until next week. Why the hell do orders made 6 weeks after me get shipped out before hand.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're giving preference to Prime customers. I ordered mine on 11/3 with overnight shipping and just got the tracking #. Or it's just random luck, who knows.

[quote name='dcv2002']Why is that strange? You selected overnight they selected free shipping. Overnight is usually by air so they ship it out the night before, free shipping is by ground so they ship it out a couple of days before. You each get it the same day, just that his was shipped earlier.

The reason why you think there is a difference is because you ordered BEFORE the day the product was available. Now if the product was available and you both ordered on the same day, you would obviously get the product before the person with free ground shipping since your product travels by plane and the other by ground.

Now there are cases when ground shipping is just as fast as overnight shipping due to the fact that the shipping warehouse is so close to the intending destination that it would be impossible to take more than one day.[/quote]

Oh no, I was actually talking more about some people ordering much earlier and not getting it shipped till Dec. but my friend who ordered two weeks ago already got his shipped.

It's already been discussed in this thread that if you make any changes to your order (shipping speed, change address, billing), it moves you to the back of the queue. At least, that's the conclusion that we have. I ordered mine mid-August with one day shipping and it's in "shipping soon". I hope they ship it today.

fucking Amazon. They screwed me twice on this order. Finally everything shipped today with ground shipping when I have prime and paid for overnight shipping. I will now cancel prime and never use amazon for any preorders agian. I called my order was refunded shipping but even with ground it says I should get it on the 21st. You know, when I am gone.....

Alright, well mine shipped out today. Estimated delivery date is Wednesday, but it also says it was supposed to ship tomorrow so I'm hoping since they shipped it a day early I get it tomorrow.

Oh, and I paid for overnight shipping, but it says it was shipped with UPS Ground. I'm assuming this is because it is shipping from somewhere near me, but can I still get a shipping refund? I didn't pay all that extra money just for them to ship it out with Ground.

My amazon order still says shipping tomorrow (11/20) with an estimate delivery of Friday (11/23) with the 3 day shipping.

I pre-ordered another at GS too so I'll just pick it up tomorrow (and use the 10% off coupon.) I can't believe that they aren't doing a midnight launch at GS for this!
I guess I'll just sell the Amazon one on ebay or something.

Also, some Best Buys are doing midnight launches for RB!
http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat136400050001&type=category

[quote name='Cable387']
Oh, and I paid for overnight shipping, but it says it was shipped with UPS Ground. I'm assuming this is because it is shipping from somewhere near me, but can I still get a shipping refund? I didn't pay all that extra money just for them to ship it out with Ground.[/QUOTE]

mine was shipped ground too. i know there's a amazon center a few hours away, but lately all my recent orders have been coming from out of state.

anywho, mines should arrive tomorrow, if it doesn't i'll be sad.

Orderded mine on the 3rd of November and had the date of shipping on the 26th.....be here on december 3-7 and it still hasnt budged....

O well...one more week but at least that saves me tax

bread's done
Back