Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to spend so much money on DLC for this game. I love classic rock, and they look like they're going to deliver big time.

A few things I really enjoyed when I played it at BB:
- The star meter while playing, you can see what star rating you'll get and how close you are to the next one while playing, genius.
- The ability to get the star power combos while star power is activated, love that too.

[quote name='porieux']I wouldn't get any hopes up on the Metallica DLC.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we got "Load" or something before they dished out the black album or Justice. That way they can milk the people who really want Metallica but still know that they can rope them in a second time when they release more desirable stuff.

That said, even though it would be disappointing, at least there are a few decent songs on their "90s" albums. But if they dip into St. Anger territory I will shove my Rock Band guitar up Hetfield's ass, and the drumset up Peter Moore's ass. And if I knew who the main guy at Harmonix was, I'd violate him as well.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we got "Load" or something before they dished out the black album or Justice. That way they can milk the people who really want Metallica but still know that they can rope them in a second time when they release more desirable stuff.

That said, even though it would be disappointing, at least there are a few decent songs on their "90s" albums. But if they dip into St. Anger territory I will shove my Rock Band guitar up Hetfield's ass, and the drumset up Peter Moore's ass. And if I knew who the main guy at Harmonix was, I'd violate him as well.[/quote]

St Anger!!!! If they managed to get Fallout Boy, you better watch out. I hope they release Tool songs, that would be rad.

i played this at the rock band tour when they came to my campus. they recorded the video and everything, got a free shirt :)

[quote name='triforcer']i played this at the rock band tour when they came to my campus. they recorded the video and everything, got a free shirt :)[/quote]

Me too. It was kinda sweet cause 3 of my friends and I were walking to class and stopped by the rockband truck that was on campus (UNLV) and we missed class cause we were playing for so long. It was a blast, and thats the moment I knew I was gonna get this game. BTW the drums are so bad ass.

[quote name='dim2192']St Anger!!!! If they managed to get Fallout Boy, you better watch out.[/quote]

I was at Harmonix last night for a Rock Band-infused birthday party for one of their artists. The Fallout Boy song was the one track that everyone present expressed a strong distate for and declined to play.:lol:

[quote name='looploop']I was at Harmonix last night for a Rock Band-infused birthday party for one of their artists. The Fallout Boy song was the one track that everyone present expressed a strong distate for and declined to play.:lol:[/quote]Lol watch that be the theme song for Rock Band

I have to say, this was the first time an in-store demo was present, I did not know about it, and instantly fell in love with it immediately.

I am willing to spend 200 on this game for the fucking drums alone. I sat at best buy and played it for a god damn hour and a half and loved every moment of it.

The one thing that scares me about this game, is that the drums are TOO fun, and everyone is gonna fight to play them, online and IRL. I really want a Drum Hero or something. Maybe this will wake them up and they will realize what they need to do with this.

[quote name='Malik112099']Was just at best buy in my area (215 and decatur in north las vegas) and they had rock band set up with 2 lcd tv and the guitar and drums...2 guys were playing (guitar and drums) pearl jam...kinda cool[/quote]

Has Pearl Jam even been announced yet for Rock Band? What song was it? Please be Alive.:)

Where the hell is the Local H? I think they would fit this game like a frickin' glove.

I'm getting it, though. Here's hoping Walmart will have it at midnight. I'm going to be taking some vacation time that week. I can't wait. :D

[quote name='Tyvan']Has Pearl Jam even been announced yet for Rock Band? What song was it? Please be Alive.:)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he's a tad confused, as Pearl Jam isn't in Rock Band.

[quote name='Pestilence']
The one thing that scares me about this game, is that the drums are TOO fun, and everyone is gonna fight to play them, online and IRL. I really want a Drum Hero or something. Maybe this will wake them up and they will realize what they need to do with this.[/quote]

From what I've seen, the drums are so damn ankle-exhausting that people are very willing to take a break from them every so often.

I think that is a reasonable enough drop from GH prices.

What I want to know is will you have to pay the full price for albums if you have already downloaded a song in that album. It is less likely that I would DL "Buddy Holly" when I know I will pick up Weezer's Blue Album if it comes out, for example.

Wow - this thread is much smaller than I thought it would be for a game coming out next week. I guess people just need to get it in their hands for the thread to explode.

Needs more QotSA. Wish this had gotten 3's & 7's instead of GH3. Great song.

I know it's probably been asked before, but will the wireless 360 guitar from GH3 work with this?

[quote name='RudyPants']Wow - this thread is much smaller than I thought it would be for a game coming out next week. I guess people just need to get it in their hands for the thread to explode.[/quote]

The main thread is in the general gaming forum.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Needs more QotSA. Wish this had gotten 3's & 7's instead of GH3. Great song.

I know it's probably been asked before, but will the wireless 360 guitar from GH3 work with this?[/quote]

3's and 7's, Little Sister, and Sick Sick Sick will be available as DLC on launch day.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']
I know it's probably been asked before, but will the wireless 360 guitar from GH3 work with this?[/QUOTE]

GH guitars will work with RB, but not vice versa.

[quote name='blue_volvo']I think that is a reasonable enough drop from GH prices.

[/quote]

I would actually be more willing to pay $2.00 for one RB song than $2.50 for a GH3 song, considering a RB downloadable song will have guitar, bass, drums and vocals, while the GH3 is just lead and bass guitar.

Also, I preorder this a few days ago on Newegg.com(the bundle that is) is it likely I will get the first shipment of the game? I really hope so :pray:

[quote name='endevr']3's and 7's, Little Sister, and Sick Sick Sick will be available as DLC on launch day.[/QUOTE]

fuck YES!! I love Little Sister! Kept singing that in my head while playing Bioshock. ;) Sure hope you can play the cowbell, heh.

Edit: On another note, the above curse word is now allowed?

[quote name='mrcheapo11']
Also, I preorder this a few days ago on Newegg.com(the bundle that is) is it likely I will get the first shipment of the game? I really hope so :pray:[/quote]

I preordered from newegg also on 11/13. Under the pre-order is still says "Not transferred". Whatever that means. I don't need it on 11/20 since my XBOX from 11/05 gave me the RROD and according to service.xbox.com is currently sitting in McAllen, TX. Froze while playing HL2 twice, then the third time, bingo RROD. I want my damn XBOX back!

Typical IGN. The review, especially the video one, seems like an 8, but it's a fucking 9.4. What the hell? I mean, if the solo career is lame outside of the drums, how can it be a 9.4?

[quote name='evanft']Typical IGN. The review, especially the video one, seems like an 8, but it's a fucking 9.4. What the hell? I mean, if the solo career is lame outside of the drums, how can it be a 9.4?[/QUOTE]
wow. It's like we read a completely different review. I thought it was very positive and I didn't get the feeling they criticized much of anything, including solo career.
that being said, i didn't watch the video.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']wow. It's like we read a completely different review. I thought it was very positive and I didn't get the feeling they criticized much of anything, including solo career.
that being said, i didn't watch the video.[/QUOTE]

The video review definitely seems like he's disappointed with the game. He even said not to buy the game if you're going to play by yourself, unless you're playing drums.

There was a rock band tour bus outside of my local best buy. I got to try out the game today along with a lot of other people (and even got a free sticker).

The game definitely has a different feel to it. If you play GH3 you'll be able to pick up rock band no problem. There's also elements in there that are neat...like if one of your musicians fails their portion of the song, you can revive them by playing really really well.

The drums aren't difficult at all to play. My only complaint is that the pad is layed out completely flat. I'd like the pad for the high hat to be a little higher (just like a real drum set) but w/e.

It's a lot of fun.

Wow, I used Amazon's free shipping, and I just checked tracking - it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery right now (6:30 am). That's a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Wow, I used Amazon's free shipping, and I just checked tracking - it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery right now (6:30 am). That's a pleasant surprise.[/QUOTE]

Shipping for me today as well!

just came back from Target and they had a shit load of them. everybody kept asking me if i was there to buy the game. i thinkit might have been because of my Tool hoodie. but nah, just there to pick up Mass Effect haha. but yeah, LOTS of copies, and holy crap the box is huge.

Apparently, from all the reading I've done, I simply live in an area where everyone really digs this crap or they've given us absolutely none.

Best Buy had about 30+ by the time I got there around 10:15am but everyone in line was buying it. They'll probably sell out by noon.

Looks like it will be pretty rare for the holidays.

My local Best Buy had about 5 Game-Only copies of Rock Band, so I picked it up over my lunch. I didn't see a single bundle for either the PS3 or 360, and I have a feeling that if I had waited until after lunch, I wouldn't have even gotten the game disc.

[quote name='AshesofWake']just came back from Target and they had a shit load of them. everybody kept asking me if i was there to buy the game. i thinkit might have been because of my Tool hoodie. but nah, just there to pick up Mass Effect haha. but yeah, LOTS of copies, and holy crap the box is huge.[/quote]Same here, just stopped by Target during lunch, they had boxloads of these, not even opened yet. Still in the shipping cartons. Damn the box is huge.

I popped by a local game store today and the owner was unloading like 15 of them off his van. I was shocked when he said he held one for me and told him I could wait till later but damn was it tempting. I don't know how this will fit in my Christmas budget but it sure would be nice to have during parties.

[quote name='valor19']Anyone having problems with their included microphone? The 360 doesn't even seem to recognize it.[/quote]

I don't own it but I read on another forum that you have to turn on a wireless controller in order to get it to be recognized.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Can anybody tell me how big is the box? I wanna go pick it up but i didnt drive to work.[/quote]

Its about 3ft by 18in x 18in? Weighs about 20lbs? I just put it on the backseat of my Civic.

[quote name='AshesofWake']just came back from Target and they had a shit load of them. everybody kept asking me if i was there to buy the game. i thinkit might have been because of my Tool hoodie. but nah, just there to pick up Mass Effect haha. but yeah, LOTS of copies, and holy crap the box is huge.[/quote]

You are a god.

I fucking love Tool.

I'm going to a local Target pretty soon to get school supplies and I will probably pick up Rock Band for a Christmas present for my friends (they live in a dorm and love music) to share.

[quote name='espionage']I don't own it but I read on another forum that you have to turn on a wireless controller in order to get it to be recognized.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are right. You have to have a wireless controller hooked up in combination with the microphone. No where does it say anything in the manual about having to do that and there seems to be a ton of people on GameFAQs that all think they have broken mics.

If anyone is still looking for the 360 bundle, check out Sam's Club's webpage. They list availability for local stores, and you can even do an in-store pickup if they still have it. I just did this five minutes ago and (hopefully) have one to get tomorrow.

[quote name='dcv2002']Its about 3ft by 18in x 18in? Weighs about 20lbs? I just put it on the backseat of my Civic.[/quote] thanks man i will go to pick it up tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back