Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SteveMcQ']Have they mentioned whether the replacement programs will be in place for an extended period or is it only in the first 90 days of having the kits? They don't ask for proof of purchase do they?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna send the OXM disk out to you tomorrow.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Have they mentioned whether the replacement programs will be in place for an extended period or is it only in the first 90 days of having the kits? They don't ask for proof of purchase do they?[/quote]

Didn't ask me for a proof of purchase.

My wife and I are going through the Band World Tour right now and she is doing medium vocals - can we get the "Big In..." achievements for each city or does she have to go up to Hard (I'm alternating between Hard and Expert guitar)? Thanks.

I could be wrong but I believe from the Plane achievement and above you have to be playing on hard. I think you need to get more fans to open up all the events to clear the cities and that requires everyone on hard.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I could be wrong but I believe from the Plane achievement and above you have to be playing on hard. I think you need to get more fans to open up all the events to clear the cities and that requires everyone on hard.[/quote]

Ahhh... that kind of sucks. We just got the plane and we can't gain any more songs. I guess I'll have to force her to try Hard vocals...

[quote name='javeryh']Ahhh... that kind of sucks. We just got the plane and we can't gain any more songs. I guess I'll have to force her to try Hard vocals...[/QUOTE]

I got the plane playing on hard guitar (I'm the "leader") with a friend on medium drums and another friend on medium bass...she may have even been playing the bass on easy, not sure.

Oops I meant we can't get any more fans. We are capped at 640,000 or something. Why won't more people like us????

I want to get the 1,000,000 fan achievement too so it looks like she has no choice but to step it up to Hard.

I wonder if you can even get that many fans playing on hard. I know each difficulty level has a cap of the number of fans you can get and IIRC its based on the lowest level person playing

[quote name='javeryh']Oops I meant we can't get any more fans. We are capped at 640,000 or something. Why won't more people like us????

I want to get the 1,000,000 fan achievement too so it looks like she has no choice but to step it up to Hard.[/QUOTE]

Either that or just have her sit out while you (and maybe the other person, if they are good) handle it. Kind of a "sucks for her" solution, but perhaps a necessary sacrifice to gather precious achievement points.

I'm in the same boat...gonna have to tell the girl that she's being benched until we land some of the trickier achievements.

Called and finsally got a new tracking number for my guitar which apparently is finally on the way.....according the the rep i talked to, they are no longer offering games for delays but EA will be fixing hardware which breaks from normal game play for the next few months

Yeah. The cap of 600,000 fans is in place until EVERYONE is playing expert. That's the only way you can get 1,000,000 fans. I believe you can get into the hall of fame with just medium, but a number of the "Big in XXXX" achievements you need to at least play on hard to get. Some of the venues only let you play on hard or expert, unfortunately.

Dammit. There's no way we are going to be able to do Expert vocals. I'm passable at Expert guitar (I can do every song except the ones in the last tier) but the wife is going to have a tough time just going from Medium to Hard vocals.

Damn this and Guitar Hero. I never played guitar before, but after these games, I was curious. After a day of running around and random shopping, I can home with a used Karera STC-33 (Stratocaster copy, ironically just like the Rockband guitar, sans the whammy) .

Now to learn how to play. :)

It's great to see RB inspiring people to pick up real instruments!!
If you have any questions just ask. Plenty of RL guitarists in this thread.
(Though actually I guess that discussion should happen in another thread...)

All I know is this game has made me a much better singer if I can go from easy to Hard/Expert... As for real instruments, I doubt it can give me over 8 million fans (and counting).

question for people who got drums/guitars replaced. Is it better to just call the harmonix or whoever about getting my drums replaced, I sent them an email 2 days ago and still no response.

The GD songs I've tried so far are NOT easy on expert drums.
Definitely worth it for a challenge, and the beats are different than anything in the game.

[quote name='porieux']The GD songs I've tried so far are NOT easy on expert drums.
Definitely worth it for a challenge, and the beats are different than anything in the game.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I thought they would be considering they had two drummers for a lot of their songs.

Harmonix probably took samples from both.

I bought the whole pack. $10 well spent IMO.

[quote name='javeryh']Oh, I got the OXM disc today so I'll be sending it out tomorrow to keep the train moving! Thanks!![/quote]

ok, heres the status of train #2, then:

Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh

emdub
Mattte
Bazz
orntar

Hi I'm a long time lurker here but been a cag forever, any way I could get on the OXM train? I will gladly reforward it. Please let me know thank you.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Yeah. The cap of 600,000 fans is in place until EVERYONE is playing expert. That's the only way you can get 1,000,000 fans. I believe you can get into the hall of fame with just medium, but a number of the "Big in XXXX" achievements you need to at least play on hard to get. Some of the venues only let you play on hard or expert, unfortunately.[/quote]

Ouch, thanks for the info, gonna start practicing on expert now...

[quote name='sp00ge']Damn this and Guitar Hero. I never played guitar before, but after these games, I was curious. After a day of running around and random shopping, I can home with a used Karera STC-33 (Stratocaster copy, ironically just like the Rockband guitar, sans the whammy) .

Now to learn how to play. :)[/quote]

I also bought a Guitar recently. I wouldn't say Rockband inspired me, but just gave me a push, I've always wanted one. I went to several music-store websites but ended up buying from musiciansfriend.com

I picked up an Ibanez V series Acoustic-Electric guitar (Dreadnought) Not bad for $200. Said to be a great Guitar for the price. Here's a pic:

475301.jpg

How much did you pay for your Karera? I'm asuming $200 new or $100-$150 used.

Ive been looking at that guitar to replace my old acoustic, I recently got started with an electric

KH-202-b7bde997348b20c9848a8315df046dcc.jpg

I got that for 325 after shipping

Grateful Dead songs are bad ass and they kick ass on expert drums.

Oh and Rock Band has inspired me to play the real drums but right now I'm tight on cash (still paying off this new PC) so I'll probably end up picking up a set sometime around June because I'll be working full time since spring semester ends in April.

I have a feeling I overpaid for my guitar, but it was still only $70.

Karera STC-33 Stratocaster copy, used with a few nicks and dings, but is in great condition.
guitar.JPG

Ignore the mess, we're still packing for our move.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have a feeling I overpaid for my guitar, but it was still only $70.

Karera STC-33 Stratocaster copy, used with a few nicks and dings, but is in great condition.
guitar.JPG

Ignore the mess, we're still packing for our move.[/quote]

I don't think you overpaid. Just don't expect great playability out of it. If you find it hard to play, or it sounds like shit, it's not you but the $70 guitar. So don't get discouraged. I had Guitar I bought for $50 at one point it was awful. Couldn't get it to tune right.

You got it used so not bad.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I don't think you overpaid. Just don't expect great playability out of it. If you find it hard to play, or it sounds like shit, it's not you but the $70 guitar. So don't get discouraged. I had Guitar I bought for $50 at one point it was awful. Couldn't get it to tune right.

You got it used so not bad.[/quote]

It sounds pretty good. And I find it a bit hard to play, but I've only been playing for 24 hours and I know I'm already getting better. It's a learning guitar for me, so it's not as if I'm going to be performing anytime soon. :)

Now the wife wants to get a bass.:shock:

[quote name='Razzuel']Oh and Rock Band has inspired me to play the real drums but right now I'm tight on cash (still paying off this new PC) so I'll probably end up picking up a set sometime around June because I'll be working full time since spring semester ends in April.[/quote]

I've been strongly considering this, but living in an apartment makes me way too wary to get actual drums. That and I don't expect myself to ever get to really high levels of skill, frankly. I could drum for Weezer, but not Smashing Pumpkins. :p

[quote name='Charron']I've been strongly considering this, but living in an apartment makes me way too wary to get actual drums. That and I don't expect myself to ever get to really high levels of skill, frankly. I could drum for Weezer, but not Smashing Pumpkins. :p[/quote]Hell, I live in an apartment, and the neighbor's drumming in RB wakes me up in the morning. I doubt you could get away with actual drums.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Damn! 85% on Green Grass on expert...I'll get around to finishing the song.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you're stuck at the part where it goes.. Y,R,G,R repeat right?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hell, I live in an apartment, and the neighbor's drumming in RB wakes me up in the morning. I doubt you could get away with actual drums.[/quote]

I'm still worried that my RB drumming is audible/annoying to my neighbors and they're just too polite to tell me. :roll:

[quote name='Charron']I'm still worried that my RB drumming is audible/annoying to my neighbors and they're just too polite to tell me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

QFT! I'm so self conscious to play!!

My neighbors play loud crappy dance music a few times a week. It doesn't annoy me so much, but you better believe I could careless if they're annoyed with my RB drums. In fact a few days ago they had some music on, so to drown out the noise I cranked up the speakers, and played some RB

[quote name='Charron']I'm still worried that my RB drumming is audible/annoying to my neighbors and they're just too polite to tell me. :roll:[/quote]

To be a better neighbor, why dont you go to them, and let them know that are you are drumming, and if its ever to loud, to just let you know... I remember doing that in college and they were really cool and thankful for me letting them know, and they did stop by once (and only once), so it worked nicely.

Hoping to get on the train too! :)

Train #2 status:
[quote name='Pookymeister']
Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh

emdub
Mattte
Bazz
orntar
Slim Gatsby
Pookymeister
homern3d
[/quote]

[quote name='REL1203']To be a better neighbor, why dont you go to them, and let them know that are you are drumming, and if its ever to loud, to just let you know... I remember doing that in college and they were really cool and thankful for me letting them know, and they did stop by once (and only once), so it worked nicely.[/quote]

Two problems. One, a bunch of my neighbors are deaf and I don't know which, and second I have a bit of Rodimus' issue with the folks below me. They're not as loud but they have impeccable timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back