Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, Why is my train (#2) being extended without my permission and people adding themselves to the list? I limited it to 10 people because I hoped to have the disc back...

Any speculation on next weeks DLC? Since the NIN pack already came out OXM is already wrong, do you guys think they'll release the thrash pack? I'm so anxious for that ATG song!

[quote name='bil4ltool']Any speculation on next weeks DLC? Since the NIN pack already came out OXM is already wrong, do you guys think they'll release the thrash pack? I'm so anxious for that ATG song![/quote]

I'm guessing either Thrash Pack or the three singles (Bad Company, The Police, Lynyrd Skynyrd).

[quote name='jezebelseven']Er, Why is my train (#2) being extended without my permission and people adding themselves to the list? I limited it to 10 people because I hoped to have the disc back...[/quote]

Sorry, didn't know there was a limit to the sharing. If its your decision to have it returned, thats fine. List I quoted didn't have an owner and I didn't dig back 500 posts to find the origin.

Hi guys

I need some advice on whether or not to return my guitar to Harmonix.

When I first got it and fired it up, I immediately missed notes on the very first song I tried on medium of all things. I don't remember the song exactly, but it was part of the easiest group. Also I noticed the strum bar felt extremely mushy.

I was scared, as I've played tons at my friends' house and knew I could do these songs. After breaking it in however seemed to get a little better.

However I'm not convinced. Working through Expert now, the guitar seems incapable of handling fast streams of notes. On songs where all I have to do is strum the same chord really fast over and over, the guitar seems to stop registering it all together.

And playing at my friends' house recently his strum bar definitely feels looser and down strumming seemed a lot less cumbersome. Also I am not sure if I suck, but I can't alt-strum on my guitar for the life of me.

The answer seems obvious, but I guess I'm worried I'd get something even more defective from Harmonix. What do you guys think I should do?

thanks for reading all this!

I personally sold my Strat a week after getting Rockband and grabbed a GH3 bundle with the Les Paul. It's perfect for Rockband. The older Xplorer works very well, too, and I think you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one of those for a reasonable price. We shouldn't really have to do that sorta stuff, but whatever works, right?

I have some questions about returning my guitar as well. Here's my post from a few pages back:

My original guitar was a launch guitar that got the downstrum issue a few weeks ago, so I sent it in for repair. I received the replacement yesterday and tested it out earlier tonight. I noticed a few things:

- The strum bar is really loose
- The whammy bar is really loose
- There's a rattling inside the guitar
- The d-pad is really stiff and almost unusable

Are the things I listed above normal? EA/Harmonix may have redesigned the strum bar to eliminate the issue with the launch batch, so the redesign may account for the loose strum bar. That, and I've been using the GHIII Les Paul for a few weeks now, so I've gotten used to the tightness of its strum bar. The same goes for the whammy bar: is it supposed to have almost no resistance? The Les Paul whammy bar is pretty tight, so I might be used to that.

The rattling could be a redesigned tilt sensor (similar to the vertical/horizontal orientation sensor on the 360); my original guitar didn't rattle, but the tilt sensor could have been redesigned, as I believe there might have been some issues with it.

I never used the d-pad much on my original guitar, but I don't remember it being as stiff as the one on this replacement guitar. On this one, it feels almost like it's popped out of socket; you have to press really hard to get it to move, and there's not much springiness to it. Also, you can press it directly into the guitar without it tilting in one of the four directions.

Except for the d-pad, everything works fine. The strum bar and whammy bar are both very responsive; they just feel really loose.

There are some minor surface scratches and there were some hairs on the guitar when I took it out of the packaging, so it could be that the replacement guitar I received has been heavily used. Do you think the things I listed above are normal? Should I keep this guitar or send it back and hope for a better one?

If in doubt, send it back. As long as they're pretty much letting anyone send their guitar back, if you have a somewhat wonky guitar, send it back now before they get more strict about the 3 month warranty.

[quote name='xeno']what is this train for?[/quote]The February OXM had a demo disc that contained 3 exclusive Rockband songs, including Freezepop's "Sprode". We're passing that disc around.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have a feeling I overpaid for my guitar, but it was still only $70.

Karera STC-33 Stratocaster copy, used with a few nicks and dings, but is in great condition.

Ignore the mess, we're still packing for our move.[/quote]

So, the wife felt the need to get her own.... she wanted a bass. Ended up getting her an Austin AU759. Paid $100 for it, used. Sounds pretty good as well, and is straight. Ironically, it looks almost identical to mine. I'm just glad we got a huge tax return this year.

Here's all 3 :D
guitars.JPG

Does anyone know if all the issues and kinks of the hardware have been resolved in the new shipments yet? I don't wanna go through the hassle of replacing a kick pedal, guitar, etc.

I got a new drum set and they seem pretty similar to the original ones I had (both EL) they are working for now but I assume they will eventually crack and break like the last set...sigh.

You also have to hit them pretty hard to get consistent results, so yeah they will break eventually.

I have had a QM set(loved them) and 2 EL's(POS) so I am waiting for EA to clear my brothers cc so I can get a rma for another drum set that they recieved on Feb 29

Random artist thrown into the hat: this game needs some Devin Townsend. Not that I expect it to happen.

I've given up on exchanging drums...I've done it twice and the improvement from set to set has been minimal (or nonexistent in the most recent exchange). I have QM's now; they work reasonably well and I don't think I'll ever move beyond medium anyway.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Random artist thrown into the hat: this game needs some Devin Townsend. Not that I expect it to happen.

I've given up on exchanging drums...I've done it twice and the improvement from set to set has been minimal (or nonexistent in the most recent exchange). I have QM's now; they work reasonably well and I don't think I'll ever move beyond medium anyway.[/quote]

or SYL, which considering they're putting ATG on there, isn't that far of a stretch.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']There where some REALLY trippy background effects going on while playing some of those Greatful Dead songs... Did the game have those before?[/quote]

Are you referring to the B&W/pink filter effects? Those were in the game before if that's the case.

No DLC announcement today according to a dev from Harmonix:

There was a complication, and the DLC announcement will take place on Monday for the week of 3/11, rather than today. I think there will be an announcement later today covering, uh, the delay of the announcement, but again, expect the announcement for next week on Monday. Sorry!

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33893&page=2

It's the fifth post down.

[quote name='bil4ltool']or SYL, which considering they're putting ATG on there, isn't that far of a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I suppose so. I prefer Dev's solo stuff but I'll gladly take either.

Hey I got some DLC Metallica, Police, Pretenders, CCR, all kids of stuff, throw me a friends invite, and we'll play

XBL: Narynan

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Are you referring to the B&W/pink filter effects? Those were in the game before if that's the case.[/quote]

I've seen those, I mean like mirroring (screen split into and reversed on one side) and uh... that 70s/80's music video effect where it looks like your standing between two mirrors.

I'm kinda hoping the delay of the announcement is because they either have Still Alive planned and want to keep it under wraps or Who's Next. Better (or actually worse) yet, Still Alive and possibly thrash metal pack all at once (though I'm skeptic in scoring Zero this early).

Sent off the disk today to Matte in Madison, WI (my hometown! woo!).

THIS is current status of the train:
Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh
emdub

Mattte
Bazz
orntar

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm kinda hoping the delay of the announcement is because they either have Still Alive planned and want to keep it under wraps or Who's Next. Better (or actually worse) yet, Still Alive and possibly thrash metal pack all at once (though I'm skeptic in scoring Zero this early).[/QUOTE]
I think they should give Still Alive free for those who beat Portal. Or at least release it in a video game song pack.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think they should give Still Alive free for those who beat Portal. Or at least release it in a video game song pack.[/quote]
If they were to somehow do a video game song pack, only other song from a game I can think of that would work would be Megadeth and "Gears of War." Which would be incredibly awesome.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm kinda hoping the delay of the announcement is because they either have Still Alive planned and want to keep it under wraps or Who's Next. Better (or actually worse) yet, Still Alive and possibly thrash metal pack all at once (though I'm skeptic in scoring Zero this early).[/QUOTE]

Zero would rock so hard I can't wait, but I'd rather have Nevermind as I've been waiting for that since, well they announced Rock Band. At the very least give me Come As You Are.

[quote name='bardockkun']If they were to somehow do a video game song pack, only other song from a game I can think of that would work would be Megadeth and "Gears of War." Which would be incredibly awesome.[/quote]
Megadeth had a song on the Super Mario Bros. movie soundtrack- "Breakpoint." That's kind of a videogame song :)

This would be super niche, but I'd kind of like to see a "Transform and geek out" pack from the 80's animated movie soundtrack:

"Instruments of Destruction" N.R.G.
"Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way" Spectre General
"Hunger" Spectre General

Maybe throw in the Stan Bush tracks "The Touch" and "Dare" and maybe the Theme by Lion for extra geek credit.

Anyone listen to the band Gojira? They'd be cool in here. Also like to hear "Creeping Death" in the next batch of Metallica songs. May be my all time favorite Metallica track.

[quote name='jrt1138']

Maybe throw in the Stan Bush tracks "The Touch" and "Dare" and maybe the Theme by Lion for extra geek credit.
[/quote]
Man, I would love a Transformers: the movie pack. Though good luck trying to sing as high pitched of a voice as the lead singer of Lion. Though Stan Bush = instant gold.

[quote name='emdub']Sent off the disk today to Matte in Madison, WI (my hometown! woo!).

THIS is current status of the train:[/quote]Nice it is finally almost here.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Why didn't more people just fill out the form for a free copy of the OXM disc? Mine arrived today.[/quote]

Did you buy a copy of OXM with a missing/broken disc? Maybe people are more honest than you and don't take advantage of the honor system in a replacement plan. :roll:

[quote name='sp00ge']Did you buy a copy of OXM with a missing/broken disc? Maybe people are more honest than you and don't take advantage of the honor system in a replacement plan. :roll:[/quote]

I suppose some people are. Anyone wanna get on my train? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back