Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flybrione']Quick question. I snapped my rock band foot pedal over the weekend is there a specific email I can use to get a replacement. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

go to ea.com/support

No offense, but if going for any movie I'd like to have Dewy Cox as a Rock Band song. Simply so I can sing a song about midgets in a Bob Dylan like tone...

meh... i bet the 3rd song's title is what held up the announcement.

Here are the songs for DLC this week (3/11)

All songs are $.99 (80 Microsoft Points).

"Shockwave" by Black Tide (Master)

"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore (Master)

"Beethoven's C***" by Serj Tankian (Master)

Only have heard of those bands, but never really listened. Though watching on YouTube and $.99 I can't say no...

Though bleh, would REALLY rather finally have that thrash pack, Zero or Who's Next.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']meh... i bet the song 3rd song's title is what held up the announcement.[/QUOTE]

Ha, it wouldn't shock me. May have to get the Serj song since a chick in our "band" sort of likes SoaD, but I'll skip the rest.

*Edit* - Just listened to it on last.fm, yeah, I'll get it. The parts all seem like they'd be entertaining enough to play.

I'll probably get the paramore song just to have another female lead song for my g/f to sing, but I'll pass on the other two.

I honestly thought that list was a joke. It didn't just come out of nowhere, it came out of a wormhole in the middle of nowhere from the middle of nowhere in a parallel dimension.

The Black Tide song sounds fun, but I'm not sure about the other two. Might as well get them all anyways for only 80 points.

Holy Crap a Serj song!!!!!! I have been waiting for something from System of A Down since Guitar Hero one!!!!! This is a step in the right direction :) Definite day one download.

[quote name='evanft']That Black Tide song is gonna be great on guitar.[/QUOTE]

I had never heard that song before but I may have to get it after listening. I normally would skip it, but like you mentioned, the half-pricedness of it makes it a lot easier to say yes.

Guess whatever they were going to release got held up for whatever reason so they released some fallback stuff. I'll have to check out the Serj track, unlikely to get the other two.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What would you guys say are the best of the 440-point song packs?[/quote]

Queens of the Stone Age

Love 3's & 7's and Little Sister. Hate Sick Sick Sick though.

Ooh, yay for paramore! Didn't expect that at all but it's a welcome surprise. And for 80 points, it's a no brainer for me. Will consider the Serj song as well for that price.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm going to start killing a kitten every Tuesday that goes by without Who's Next.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to slaughter three every Tue we don't get Nevermind.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'm going to slaughter three every Tue we don't get Nevermind.[/quote]

I'll take any 3 AIC songs over Nevermind, any day.

[quote name='DestroVega']wonder why the paramore song isnt their bigger hit[/quote]

Misery Business? Probably cause it would cost too much, not sure. I like CrushCrushCrush more anyways.

that's what the song is called? i randomly saw it on one of those music video channels that comes w/ my directv international package. never caught the name of the band or song. guess i gotta break open the 4000 point card now for this and serj.

I thought CrushCrushCrush was their big hit? That's what made me get their Album. Owell, it's a great song to have. Unfortunately the other two songs are well below par. I saw Serj in Concert a couple of weeks ago (he opened for Foo Fighters) and he was AWFUL. The whole crowd just kinda stat there, stunned. He's one weird cat for sure. But to each their own. I think Against Me! - Thrash Unreal would have been perfect to bundle with Paramore.

I think the hold up might have been the price? Maybe they had one group lined up for the $1 price point and they backed out so they had to get another group for the $1 price point? Who knows. Hopefully it drops in the next hour or so.

Okay, I've heard three people specifically mention CrushCrushCrush to me in the past week, so I'm going to get it.

That, and I gotta support local bands :)

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, I've heard three people specifically mention CrushCrushCrush to me in the past week, so I'm going to get it.

That, and I gotta support local bands :)[/quote]

Especially ones with hot lead singers...the Paramore chick that is...yeahhhhh.

Paramore has been getting quite a bit of playtime lately on the radio. The Vincent Black Shadow is a fairly decent band featuring a female vocalist for those who are interested in that type of music; and their lead singer (VBS, not P) used to be a game tester for EA.

Beethoven's C*** and Crushcrushcrush are up, the other is nowhere to be seen. Guess there was something to that delay after all.

Played them both on guitar, it's too late/early to go Animal on the drums here. Beethoven's C*** is about as wacky as you'd expect a Serj/SoaD chart to be, some odd strumming patterns that will throw you off and a bunch of back-and-forth single notes ala Blackened. Crushcrushcrush is pretty simple, but has some finger-stretching chords in the first and second verses. The chorus is all attitude, the little pauses between chords are great. It only took a couple tries to gold star both of them, 99% on Beethoven (one damn chord) and 100% on the other, though my path wasn't great.

Edit: Beethoven's C*** is Tier 5 on guitar and drums. Crushcrushcrush is tier 3 on guitar and tier 4 on drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back