Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm away from the game right now and haven't really played around with the online much, but has the patch to enable Band World Tour online come down yet?

[quote name='daroga']I'm away from the game right now and haven't really played around with the online much, but has the patch to enable Band World Tour online come down yet?[/quote]Does that patch even exist? Why would they withhold it from the original game, only to patch it in later? If they included it in the retail version, review scores would go way up.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Does that patch even exist? Why would they withhold it from the original game, only to patch it in later? If they included it in the retail version, review scores would go way up.[/quote]Not sure. That's just what the IGN review said:

"Though currently only available locally, BWT will get a patch to allow for an online career mode at some point in the near future."

Can someone help me with my original problem? About to head back to university, and I hope that I don't have to cram the guitar into the box just to have it in there.

[quote name='Karuto']Can someone help me with my original problem? About to head back to university, and I hope that I don't have to cram the guitar into the box just to have it in there.[/QUOTE]

Once you put the head on it's semi-permanent. I don't think you can take it off without risking breaking it off.

If the Career mode is put online, I am going to get this game hands down......as soon as I get my broken 360 back.

Any word on when Nirvana's Nevermind is going to be up for download?

[quote name='Karuto']Anyone know how to remove the head from the Fender guitar? I'm trying to get it back in the box, but having a hell of a time due to its length. :([/QUOTE]

Unscrew the head and you will be able to take it apart. You will also need to unscrew another metal plate inside the head once you open up the plastic part.

I had the same problem and I got it removed.

Has anyone taken apart their Fender to fix the strum bar?

I've taken out all the screws in the front and back and it still won't pull apart. Something in the middle of the guitar is still locked together.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']If the Career mode is put online, I am going to get this game hands down......as soon as I get my broken 360 back.

Any word on when Nirvana's Nevermind is going to be up for download?[/QUOTE]
Currently unannounced, but there's three songs ("Brass In Pocket", "Buddy Holly", and "My Iron Lung") set for download on December 18th. I'd say that's a pretty reasonable date for additional content.

This game is so damn fun, and ridiculously deep if you consider the fact that there's essentially three full careers to play through, each with it's own difficulty and challenges.

Does anyone have list of how the songs unlock? Part of me doesn't want to spoil it, but part of me wants to know what I've got to do to unlock certain songs (specifically, "Welcome Home" and "Dead On Arrival", which I assume is in Chicago's "local artists" showcase).

[quote name='OGHowie']Has anyone taken apart their Fender to fix the strum bar?

I've taken out all the screws in the front and back and it still won't pull apart. Something in the middle of the guitar is still locked together.[/quote]

I'm about to take mine apart because there is something loose inside of it. It sounds like a baby rattle; however I pretty much just use my Les Paul...so I don't know if I'll bother.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I'm about to take mine apart because there is something loose inside of it. It sounds like a baby rattle; however I pretty much just use my Les Paul...so I don't know if I'll bother.[/quote]

Don't bother, that's the tilt switch to activate "star power" or whatever it's called in RB.

[quote name='sp00ge']Don't bother, that's the tilt switch to activate "star power" or whatever it's called in RB.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so the rattle is normal? I was taking mine apart for the same reason...

I've seen a lot of news on-line about problems with Rock bands hardware. my friend got his copy and the microphone didn't work.

I've read other posts saying that 1 of the drums (the red one form what I've read) doesn't recognize quickly enough. and I've heard the guitar controller has problem strumming down in some cases (and in others after a few short hours of play)

my question is, I have a preorder in at new egg.com (10 bucks off, plus free shipping and no tax) but.. should I cancel it and wait for these problems to get taken care of? or am I worried too much about nothing?

Shit, if the guitars are going for that much on ebay I'm pretty tempted to put it up. The effects are nice, but they aren't THAT nice.

Well the EA warranty thing seems to be quite painless. I don't regret getting it from Amazon. You don't even have to call anyone, you can just fill out something on the website and they 2-day ship you a replacement. All you have to do to avoid being charged is return your screwed up one in the box they provide within a certain amount of time (can't remember off the top of my head but it's pretty generous).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Shit, if the guitars are going for that much on ebay I'm pretty tempted to put it up. The effects are nice, but they aren't THAT nice.[/quote]Do it and make back 1/2 the cost of the set.

Anyone tried the wireless headset for singing? I'm tempted to get one to attempt the whole drum or guitar + vocals thing.

[quote name='daroga']Anyone tried the wireless headset for singing? I'm tempted to get one to attempt the whole drum or guitar + vocals thing.[/quote]Yes, but at the default mic sensitivity, it picked up a lot of background noise. I tried it with the drums. It doesn't pick up your voice quite as well as a wired headset, but the mic still works the best.

I was going to get it but I heard all the problems so since you can use the 360 headset I am buying the game and then buying the drums later or getting them as a bday gift since I already have the GH3 guitar.

If you dont mind having to possibly contact EA for them to send you replacement parts, then you might as well get it.

If a broken guitar strummer, or drum, or kick pedal, or missing parts are gonna piss you off, you may want to wait till next year when EA gets the quality controls on this game figured out.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on whether or not to get the 360 version over the PS3 version? I have the PS3 version right now, but I'm a little concerned that the GH3 guitar won't work with RB on the PS3. I don't have GH3 yet, but I was planning on getting it (for the second guitar). I've also heard that the GH3 guitar is a touch better than the RB guitar. I guess what scares me away from the 360 version is random fun lock ups.

Also, what is the length of the warranty on RB to do exchanges if one of the instruments break? I won't be getting RB until Christmas and I'm a little concerned that I won't notice something is wrong with something until its too late.

[quote name='Drnick']my friend got his copy and the microphone didn't work[/quote]
Did it legitly not work or is he one of those people that can't figure out that you have to have at least one controller on to get the microphone to work?

just buy it at a local store that way it it messes up you can just go exchange it instead of dealing with shipping

The "local store" has nothing to do with replacing a part. In fact, there's a piece of paper once you open the bundle up saying to contact EA with any problems and not to take it back to the retailers, since they're not responsible.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']That depends: do you hate awesome? [/QUOTE]

haha, no, in fact, I LOVE awesome.... if the replacement process is as easy as you say I'm not worried... I don't even own a 360 yet, lol. So thats why I'm not in a hurry to get it (getting my 360 for X-mas).

[quote name='OGHowie']Wait, so the rattle is normal? I was taking mine apart for the same reason...[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to confirm with others that the rattle on the inside of the guitar is normal?

Thanks.

Im loving the game. The only thing i dont like is that you can't hear the singer at all. Any way they are making a patch for this later on or am i missing something?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Im loving the game. The only thing i dont like is that you can't hear the singer at all. Any way they are making a patch for this later on or am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

The singer as in the original or the person on the mic? You can turn down the default vocals, we did this when my bro was singing and we could hear him fine.

Yah as in the Orignal Vocals. Id love to hear some of these people Singing when i play it on live. Im using the Guitar Hero 2 controller though. Any clue how i do that? Do i have to do it for every song?

Well I called EA about my missing guitar parts and they are goint to mail me a entirely new guitar.

It seems the don't have random replacment parts in stock. So if your missing something it looks like they replace the entire unit. The guy I spoke with was really cool about it too. I wonder if they will ship you an entire new drum kit if your missing your drum sticks.

I've had a blast with this game so far. On Sat my buddies and me played till 1AM. And then the next day one of my friends went and got his own rockband set. And now he has his girlfriend addicted to it. While it's not as easily accessable as Wii Sports, it has more satiscation I think.

Did anyone else make any of their characters a girl? The last 2 Guitar Hero games I would always choose a girl. So when I had to make my rockband gutiar character I also selected a girl.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yah as in the Orignal Vocals. Id love to hear some of these people Singing when i play it on live. Im using the Guitar Hero 2 controller though. Any clue how i do that? Do i have to do it for every song?[/QUOTE]AFAIK you have to tell the singer to hold down the right bumper. He'll have to tape/rubber band it down though, since it's not a toggle.

Just for simplicity's sake, here is the main post re: bad drumkits from the Scorehero site. After reading this I knew I did indeed have the "bad" kit with the labeled drumsticks and cardboard pieces - however, the labeled drumsticks are not necessarily indicative of having the bad set, so use your judgement. At this point most of you should know if you've got a setup that is not registering hits.

I bought Rock Band at midnight the night it released. Since then, I noticed that my drum set didn't like it when I drummed fast. The hits simply were not recognized. It appears that other people have had this problem, but it can be most easily seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAWd7nTAK0Y

Anyway, I just took my Rock Band bundle back to Wal Mart and got a new one (despite what the neon paper said to do) and when I was unpacking the drums, I noticed right away they were different. First off, the packaging was different. (Probably in a lot of ways, but I didn't take notes on my original packaging.) One noticeable difference was that in the original drum set (which will be referred to as DS1), there were small pieces of cardboard separating each drum head. That means there were three pieces of small cardboard between the red and yellow heads, yellow and blue, and blue and green heads. The second drum set (DS2) I just received didn't have those there.

The next giveaway was this: The drum sticks in DS1 had a Rock Band logo on them, and the name of the drumstick company. The sticks that came with DS2 were completely blank.

Also, it seems like DS2's stand allows the kit to be elevated a bit higher than the other one, though this isn't confirmed. Other possible differences (but completely unverified) are that the black plastic around each drum head is slightly higher on DS2, and the pedal plastic doesn't bend as easy.

The point to all of this, is DS1 was garbage and didn't work properly. It was CLEARLY a different drum set (it even sounded slightly different when the pads were hit). DS2, however, works perfectly, and handles fast hits just fine. I'm just letting everyone know, because you might have DS1 or you might have DS2, and you definitely do not want DS1.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Just for simplicity's sake, here is the main post re: bad drumkits from the Scorehero site. After reading this I knew I did indeed have the "bad" kit with the labeled drumsticks and cardboard pieces - however, the labeled drumsticks are not necessarily indicative of having the bad set, so use your judgement. At this point most of you should know if you've got a setup that is not registering hits.[/quote]
That's a bit confusing, because my kit had the cardboard pieces, but the sticks are unlabled. They seem to miss sometimes, but I've always written it of as me sucking.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's a bit confusing, because my kit had the cardboard pieces, but the sticks are unlabled. They seem to miss sometimes, but I've always written it of as me sucking.[/quote]Yeah, it's pretty hard for me to determine in any of these rhythm games if I've got defective hardware or just am not good at the game ;)

EDIT: has it been determined to be a model number that's giving problems with the drums?

This is probably a stupid question, but can you use the PS3 Guitar Hero 3 guitar with the Xbox 360 Rock Band? Or would the PS3 guitar work on the 360 Guitar Hero?

I figured it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot since they were both USB.

Guitars are only going for about $50 shipped on Ebay now, and those are new ones at that. Since the Fender sucks, I'm still tempted to sell. However, I got one with a broken strum bar, so...

I posted this in the gen. discussion, but figure I post here as well:

"Sooo against my better judgment my roommate convinced me to pay $100 while he pays $70 to get this goddamn game. And man. Worth every penny. Played with the two roommates for like 5 1/2 hours. Amazing. It's too bad World Tour is kind of gimped. I can't tell you how many times we played Say it Ain't So.

Also, has anyone elses' mic been DOA out of the box? I've read that you need a controller on to make it work, but it doesn't read the mic at all. We've been playing with the headset because the game recognizes that instantly, but cannot ever find the actual Rock Band mic. Anyone know what's going on? Should I just return the whole thing to Wal-Mart and get another one? Mine had like 10 sitting on the shelf. Also, the guitar has two yellow-colored fret buttons instead of a green one on the far end. It seems like I got a ed up bundle.

Here's the current set-up:

USB Slot 1: USB Dongle with Drums and Guitar
USB Slot 2: Mic

We've also tried, USB Slot 1: USB Dongle with all three instruments

Also, USB Slot 1: Mic
USB Slot 2: USB Dongle with Drums and Guitar

So basically we've tried everything, but to no avail.

Anyone got some advice or help?"

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I posted this in the gen. discussion, but figure I post here as well:

"Sooo against my better judgment my roommate convinced me to pay $100 while he pays $70 to get this goddamn game. And man. Worth every penny. Played with the two roommates for like 5 1/2 hours. Amazing. It's too bad World Tour is kind of gimped. I can't tell you how many times we played Say it Ain't So.

Also, has anyone elses' mic been DOA out of the box? I've read that you need a controller on to make it work, but it doesn't read the mic at all. We've been playing with the headset because the game recognizes that instantly, but cannot ever find the actual Rock Band mic. Anyone know what's going on? Should I just return the whole thing to Wal-Mart and get another one? Mine had like 10 sitting on the shelf. Also, the guitar has two yellow-colored fret buttons instead of a green one on the far end. It seems like I got a ed up bundle.

Here's the current set-up:

USB Slot 1: USB Dongle with Drums and Guitar
USB Slot 2: Mic

We've also tried, USB Slot 1: USB Dongle with all three instruments

Also, USB Slot 1: Mic
USB Slot 2: USB Dongle with Drums and Guitar

So basically we've tried everything, but to no avail.

Anyone got some advice or help?"[/QUOTE]

either start the system with a wireless controller of use the wired one. with the mic attached at that point you can then jam. This should be made clearer in the directions. In short the mic takes up 2 usb slots, 1 for the controller and 1 for the mic. Enjoy.

[quote name='evanft']Is any of the DLC outside of the Metallica pack any good?[/quote]I'm having fun with the Police pack, but I don't know what your criteria is.

[quote name='dman1869']Can someone please tell me what the batteries are for in the guitar?[/quote]

I'm assuming they used the same shell for the 360 and PS3, which is wireless,hence the battery compartment. It has no use on the 360 version.

I think I need to have them send me a new guitar. Out the box star power never worked correctly, and now it's starting to not register some strums. I started playing using the Les Paul and it's just so much better. I may just sell the replacement strat they send me, and get another Les Paul instead.

As for the drums, I think I have the DS1 version, or whatever you want to call it, but mine seem to work fine so far. Then again, I'm not very fast at drumming.

[quote name='evanft']Is any of the DLC outside of the Metallica pack any good?[/QUOTE]

The Police, Fortunate Son, and Jukebox Hero are all good to me.

[quote name='buttasuperb']I think I need to have them send me a new guitar. Out the box star power never worked correctly, and now it's starting to not register some strums. I started playing using the Les Paul and it's just so much better. I may just sell the replacement strat they send me, and get another Les Paul instead.[/quote]

Mine is doing the same thing. A box is on the way, since I refuse to tie-up $100 on my credit card (that they put a hold on) this close to christmas. I'll have to settle for using the xplorers for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back