Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few songs aside, nothing in Rock Band can really touch the difficulty in Guitar Hero...but that's not a bad thing. Sometimes it's good to relax, not worry about a hand cramp, and just jam.

(And this is coming from someone who was hardcore difficult = more fun)

Beat the solo Guitar tour on Hard tonight, along with the bonus tour and the Metallica pack. I did fail Ride the Lightning once, but passed on my second try.

Quick question, is there a way for you to play guitar and sing at the same time w/o creating a second character? I was wondering because if I played guitar and sung, then the cowbell parts would come up and i would fail the song.

I think I read you can make a specific sound that'll be recognized as a "hit" on the cowbell/tambourine but I'm not sure if that was ever substantiated.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I think I read you can make a specific sound that'll be recognized as a "hit" on the cowbell/tambourine but I'm not sure if that was ever substantiated.[/quote]

If you shout "POW" it should count as a hit.

I hope they update it so you can specify you're playing an instrument and singing just to take those parts out. Its hard to get it to register.

The band customization is great with the quotes and all the details. Has there been any word if they're going to allow give profile pages like GH does? I want to introduce the world to THE EXITS!

[quote name='zepployd44']Quick question, is there a way for you to play guitar and sing at the same time w/o creating a second character? I was wondering because if I played guitar and sung, then the cowbell parts would come up and i would fail the song.[/QUOTE]

If you do the tutorial for the singer it clearly states that the tambourine parts are not required and will not cause you to fail the song. It specifically mentions that is the case if you're singing and playing.

Anyone else's fingertips get a little irrated from the nub on the strum bar? It might be that I just clipped my nails but it feels weird. I tried playing with a pick and it worked surprisingly well and I may try playing with it more often. It almost seems like the shape and softness of the new bar was meant for it.

[quote name='TFN']not sure if this was ever answered, but can you use the 360 xbl-mic to sing instead of the actual microphone?[/quote]

Yeah, you can, I haven't tried it out yet though. Would definitely be easier for whenever you want to do vocals and guitar/drums alone.

The wife and I have been rocking out for an hour or so and she's having a blast (and doing frickin' awesome) singing. She's away from the computer and we're doing something together, so it's a good thing. :D

[quote name='TFN']not sure if this was ever answered, but can you use the 360 xbl-mic to sing instead of the actual microphone?[/QUOTE]Yeah, but you have to have a regular 360 controller plugged in too(to navigate through the menus).

Ok,

May sound like a cheap ass here, but hey, look at the site name! Are they planning on releasing Rock Band with seperate instruments? For example, will there ever be a package with just the drumkit + game? If the 360 mic works (well) with the game, and I already have a GH3 guitar, it would pay off for me just to have the kit and the game, rather than shell out $160+. Anyone?

[quote name='Chroma914']Ok,

May sound like a cheap ass here, but hey, look at the site name! Are they planning on releasing Rock Band with seperate instruments? For example, will there ever be a package with just the drumkit + game? If the 360 mic works (well) with the game, and I already have a GH3 guitar, it would pay off for me just to have the kit and the game, rather than shell out $160+. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I believe in January they are releasing the instruments separate from the bundle, but it's not really worth it. The drums are priced at $80 and with the game at $60 you wouldn't be saving much.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So whats it mean when you 5 star a song and the stars are gold?[/quote]

100% - didn't miss a note

[quote name='CouRageouS']So whats it mean when you 5 star a song and the stars are gold?[/quote]It's an exceptionally high score, think of it as getting 6 stars. In GH, the gold stars meant that you didn't miss any notes, but Rock Band is different.

opened my rockband today and my fender is busted. does the whole, not registering notes then doing a double register. gonna fill out that rockband warranty thing right. does anyone know of any issue with drums? i'm pretty sure it's just me sucking, but some times i think im hitting them right and then my multiplier drops.

had anyone tried the conpressed air thing for the strum bar? i doubt that's the case with mine since i just opened it.

[quote name='modium']It's an exceptionally high score, think of it as getting 6 stars. In GH, the gold stars meant that you didn't miss any notes, but Rock Band is different.[/QUOTE]
Okay cool thanks. I thought it was 100% but I didn't get the achievement so I wasn't sure. I just noticed the gold earlier cause it was on one of the bonus songs.

Anyone else's guitar seem to have an occasional up strum problem? Its only sometimes I have to pause and jiggle it and then it'll be working fine again. Yesterday it wasn't having this problem and today it is. Time for a replacement?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Okay cool thanks. I thought it was 100% but I didn't get the achievement so I wasn't sure. I just noticed the gold earlier cause it was on one of the bonus songs.

Anyone else's guitar seem to have an occasional up strum problem? Its only sometimes I have to pause and jiggle it and then it'll be working fine again. Yesterday it wasn't having this problem and today it is. Time for a replacement?[/quote]

my up strum works on some notes then on others it misses like mad i requested a replacement at launch lol

[quote name='sp00ge']The wife and I have been rocking out for an hour or so and she's having a blast (and doing frickin' awesome) singing. She's away from the computer and we're doing something together, so it's a good thing. :D[/QUOTE]

Yep - me and my wife just did the same - she loves the singing games and was just as excited about this game as I was. We played for an hour or so then I started going through solo tour to unlock more songs.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Okay cool thanks. I thought it was 100% but I didn't get the achievement so I wasn't sure. I just noticed the gold earlier cause it was on one of the bonus songs.

Anyone else's guitar seem to have an occasional up strum problem? Its only sometimes I have to pause and jiggle it and then it'll be working fine again. Yesterday it wasn't having this problem and today it is. Time for a replacement?[/quote]

I think RockBand only gives 100% achievements for getting it on an expert song. Kinda lame. For bass you actually have to do it with only up-strums...which is sorta cool and sorta sucks at the same time.

Sold my Fender for $50 last night. Just didn't wanna deal with its crap anymore.

i've actually been up struming to avoid the problem with my fender. i put in a request for the replacement, i did express so it should be here in two days.

I bought a bunch of DLC today. Picked up 5 songs:

...And Justice For All
Queen Bitch (love this song)
Jukebox Hero
Fortunate Son
My Sharona

I'm pretty impressed with it all. The covers sound pretty good and they're all fun to play. And Justice For All is probably the funnest song I've played, period. It's cool that the DLC has it's own venue too. Good stuff.

Just played rock band for a few hours and boy was it fun. The thing I hate is that in the world tour the song repeat too much:bomb:, we played Mississippi queen around 15 damn times (now I hate the song!).

[quote name='KiLL3r']Just played rock band for a few hours and boy was it fun. The thing I hate is that in the world tour the song repeat too much:bomb:, we played Mississippi queen around 15 damn times (now I hate the song!).[/QUOTE]

Damn you, play single-player and unlock some more songs. :cool:

[quote name='TahoeMax']Sold my Fender for $50 last night. Just didn't wanna deal with its crap anymore.[/quote]
Where did you sell it for $50?

I want to sell mine as well.

[quote name='TFN']not sure if this was ever answered, but can you use the 360 xbl-mic to sing instead of the actual microphone?[/quote]
You can, but I think the microphone is more accurate and sensitive than the X360 mic, IMO.

I couldn't do many songs on Hard with the 360's Mic, but did well with Rock Band's mic.

It can be just me, though.

might take a little longer than 2 days, i sent in a replacement request for express the wed before thanksgiving and still no guitar :(

[quote name='triforcer']i've actually been up struming to avoid the problem with my fender. i put in a request for the replacement, i did express so it should be here in two days.[/quote]

I've rented the game from gamefly, and I'm wondering what the effects thing on the actual rock band guitar does. It changes the way the guitar sounds in the game? I'm wondering if I shouldn't keep it and then just buy the drums when they come out since you can sing with the xbox live mic, and use guitar hero guitars. I don't want to have too many fake guitars laying around since the Rock Band guitars won't work in Guitar Hero.

The drums are going to be $80.00? You've got to be fucking kidding me, I was thinking around $30.00. I was hoping to get the drums and the game for around $90.00. :/

[quote name='yukine']The drums are going to be $80.00? You've got to be fucking kidding me, I was thinking around $30.00. I was hoping to get the drums and the game for around $90.00. :/[/QUOTE]
So without a bundle discount, that would put the mic and guitar at $80. You're insane for thinking they would be $30.

Ok, then think of the drums as $40.00 and the game as $50.00. I don't think $90.00 is really that insane. Are they really that much more special than the guitar controller? As Guitar Hero is $90.00 with a guitar + game. Either way, looks like I'm going to be spending the $170.00 and hawking the guitar.

[quote name='defiance_17']So without a bundle discount, that would put the mic and guitar at $80. You're insane for thinking they would be $30.[/quote] Wishful thinking more than anything, I'll just have to buy the whole bundle and hawk the guitar (I really hate the Strat.)

I just don't see the drums being a value at $80.00, but that's just me.

Is $90.00 really that crazy? Even $100.00 would be fine with me. But if we assume they are going to charge full price for Rock Band then just the drums and the game would be $140.00!

It's genius really, when you look at that you go "Well... I might as well just buy the whole bundle for $170.00!"

Ah whatever, I just don't particularly value the drums higher than the guitars but I guess I'm crazy.

[quote name='tavarua88']might take a little longer than 2 days, i sent in a replacement request for express the wed before thanksgiving and still no guitar :([/QUOTE]
Same (drums in my case). "2nd day" shipping method, sure. Then they hold it for a week before they mail it out. It's at the UPS station close to my house now, but it still has not been delivered today yet. It should certainly be here Monday though.

I spent quite a bit of time doing band logos and customizing art on shirts and guitars today. So much fun. I wonder how long till we can share this with others.

[quote name='yukine']Is $90.00 really that crazy? Even $100.00 would be fine with me. But if we assume they are going to charge full price for Rock Band then just the drums and the game would be $140.00!

It's genius really, when you look at that you go "Well... I might as well just buy the whole bundle for $170.00!"

Ah whatever, I just don't particularly value the drums higher than the guitars but I guess I'm crazy.[/QUOTE]

Where in AZ are you? Just curious. I sold my Strat on eBay for $70 shipped. I had a 10% coupon for CC so I got the bundle for $153, so after selling the guitar it ended up costing me around $90 or so after eBay/Paypal fees and shipping.

Greetings Rocker,

Congratulations on your purchase of Rock Band!

After reviewing our records, we see that your recent request for a replacement guitar has been subject to an unacceptably long delay due to a late shipment from our manufacturer.

By the time you receive this, your replacement guitar should be on its way to you. However, the Rock Band team is committed to providing a world-class customer experience and we do not believe we have met this commitment in connection with your request. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we will be offering you a FREE EA game. Details will follow shortly.

We are sorry if your first experience with Rock Band has not met your expectations. We hope our gift will show you how committed we are to your satisfaction.

Thank you,

The Rock Band Team

Not sure if this has been reported. I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see anything about it. Thought ya'll might get a kick outta it. FREE EA game huh? Not sure what they are gonna be offering or if there is anything I would even want, but a free game is a free game.

[quote name='tavarua88']might take a little longer than 2 days, i sent in a replacement request for express the wed before thanksgiving and still no guitar :([/quote]you might be right, looks ill be upstrumming for a while. i have a guitar hero 2 guitar but i like the fret placement on the fender more.

just checked my tracking number, they received billing info. maybe more than 2 days :(

I know people have problems with the strum bar, but are people having this problem. When I strum down it registers the note, but as I let up it acts as if I strum again. I keep getting like 4 notes in a row, then it says I miss one, and this goes on over and over. This just started to happen the other night, after I had beaten the guitar career on hard. Now I fail Enter Sandman...

Sounds similar to what happened to me. Really seems like it wears down over some play. I got through expert until the last set of songs and then it started giving me double hits on up strums. If I strum it insanely hard to sorta jiggle out the kinks, it'll go away for a song or two but then it'll act up again. I filled out the replacement thing yesterday. Sad. I only really palyed guitar for like a day and it broke already.

I got a stand for the Microphone, but the microphone is kind of fat and won't fit in the holding part of the stand. It will only fit very tightly. Will having the microphone squeezed tightly mess up the microphone?

Also, will the Guitars from Guitar Hero 1 work with RockBand if I buy the adaptor from Radio Shack?

How about the Guitar from Guitar Hero3(PS3 version), will that work with RockBand, and will the Guitar from RockBand work with Guitar Hero3(PS3 version)?

[quote name='D_Icon']

How about the Guitar from Guitar Hero3(PS3 version), will that work with RockBand, and will the Guitar from RockBand work with Guitar Hero3(PS3 version)?[/QUOTE]
For the 360?

GH3 guitar works for Rock Band, Rock Band doesn't work with GH3

And for the PS3?

No to both

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back