Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Charron']I'm starting to worry about my drums, too. The snare rolls during Welcome Home felt a little odd, so I tried it during a big finish and it wouldn't recognize at all if I went fast enough.

My bundle's from September; I shoulda seen this coming. :cry:[/quote]

I'm not sure if my drums are acting up or if I just suck. I'm thinking, before the warranty is up, I'm just going to file for replacement just to be safe.

I picked the bundle up recently and had to file for a replacement for the guitar, but I went the route where they will send me a coffin, I mail them the guitar, and then they send me a new one. Anyone have a clue how long it takes them to send out the coffins? I got a UPS tracking number minutes after filing on the website on wednesday, and the coffin still hasn't gone out.

It took mine 3-4 days to show up and ~2 weeks turnaround from the point I mailed my guitar out.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm not sure if my drums are acting up or if I just suck. I'm thinking, before the warranty is up, I'm just going to file for replacement just to be safe. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea. It's all been working fine for me so far; I like the Rock Band guitar better than the GH2 guitar.

I'm thinking I'm going to send my drums in right before the free replacement ends (the red pad is a bit sketchy). When does the free replacement end? Is there anything I need to fill out now?

[quote name='Logain8955']60 days from purchase date is when the replacement ends.[/QUOTE]

Yea but how do they know purchase date?

I didn't have to provide anything like that with my replacement guitar.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea but how do they know purchase date?

I didn't have to provide anything like that with my replacement guitar.[/quote]

Same here. They must go 60 days from when you file your first RMA I'd assume

[quote name='seanr1221']Question for you drummers out there. I'm about to tackle the nightmare tier on hard, and when there's a ton of quick hits in a row, is it better to go hard and fast, or quickly/softly? I can't seem to get the right beat down. And yes, I understand what I just wrote can be turned into a terrible sex joke.[/quote]

It depends on the responsiveness of your kit and the type of song.

You can use both, whatever lets you keep a good sense of rhythm and spacing between the notes, but a lot of people (and me personally) use a softer attack to prevent double-registering and all kinds of weird shit with the pads.

I'm on Expert drums, and from what I've learned on rolls on Hard is that the easiest ones to do are the ones that come in multiples of 2, since I begin the roll with my right hand and end with my left, giving my right hand enough time to hit whatever is next (usually a bass note + green). This works really well when there are rolls that span across all the pads since your hands can flow from pad to pad.

There's a bunch of times where if you see a long roll, don't spam but just keep a steady roll while speeding up/slowing down to compensate for the song. I had the hardest time with the drums on (Don't Fear) The Reaper with the long rolls at the end until I learned to just calm the fuck down and not spam.

For those that have a hard time with Green Grass on Hard and above during the endless guitar solos with the constant beat, try to feel the beat of the song rather than doing whatever is displayed on screen. With enough practice, you can do those sections without even thinking (I've come to the point where my body is just on auto-pilot and I don't even have to look at the screen).

So I broke down and picked up Rock Band tonight. I opened it up to find the guitar was broken right out of the box. One of the guitar strap screws was stripped, and I couldn't even get it out after using a lot of force. I don't know if anything else on the guitar was broken, but the thing felt very fragile, and very cheap. I've only held both the Guitar Hero controller, and the Rock Band controller twice each, but the Rock Band one feels like complete shit to me. The strumer, and buttons feel very cheap and flimsy.

I really want to overlook the flaws of this game, but for the price tag I think unless Target makes me exchange it that I'm going to skip over it completey.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']So I broke down and picked up Rock Band tonight. I opened it up to find the guitar was broken right out of the box. One of the guitar strap screws was stripped, and I couldn't even get it out after using a lot of force. I don't know if anything else on the guitar was broken, but the thing felt very fragile, and very cheap. I've only held both the Guitar Hero controller, and the Rock Band controller twice each, but the Rock Band one feels like complete shit to me. The strumer, and buttons feel very cheap and flimsy.

I really want to overlook the flaws of this game, but for the price tag I think unless Target makes me exchange it that I'm going to skip over it completey.[/QUOTE]

You need some time using both controllers. After a good while you'll realize that the RB controller is in a whole other plane of existence from the GH controllers. Seriously, the RB controller is like the perfect combination of the Dual Shock 2 and the 360 pad, compared to the GH controllers, which are more akin to worst of the Jauguar pad and the NES pad duck-taped together.

Trust me you just got a bad controller. It happens.

So if I never really plan on playing Guitar Hero, should I just go with the PS3 version if I exchange my 360 Rock Band? I kind of want that wireless guitar. Does the PS3 version seem to have a better track record of workign hardware? I really want to have this game for a New Years party, but I don't want to have to worry about broken equipment.

So I made a movie of me playing Little Sister, and I never realized how terrible I was on the mic before, so be prepared to make fun of me.

Also, for some reason I was SO nervous being recorded, and I don't know why.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXabP0RB0o8[/MEDIA]

You're no Joshua Homme, that's for sure. ;)

Anyone else think the guy singing Tom Sawyer, in Rock Band, sounds like a wizard?

I could go into detail on what happened when I got Rock Band for Christmas, but I'll just let the following email to customer support sum it up:

Hi, I noticed that on my USB hub, the AC adapter doesn't seem to fit correctly (it enters the unit on an angle). It works fine (for now), but it doesn't seem like this is the way it was meant to fit (the metal part of the AC cord also sticks out from the unit by about 0.5 cm).

Additionally, I recently filed an RMA for the included guitar. I would like to emphasize that it worked for the first day or so after opening the package (it was a Christmas gift), so I had some friends over and we decided to form a band.

We were all set to play our first gig at Heebie Jeebies, when the guitar just stopped working. The strum bar began registering multiple times when pressed; the music sounded like a cat in a blender, the crowd started booing, and we were forcibly removed from the venue. I think one of the bouncers might have cracked our drummer's ribcage.

We looked like the biggest jerks ever. Do you have any idea how long it took us to book that gig? The cost and effort that went into getting posters and flyers printed, and finding promoters to take care of everything? All that effort, straight down the tubes.

And do you think Heebie's is returning our calls? NOPE. There's no way we'll be allowed back in there after they had to give refunds to a packed house -- but we can't anyway, since we don't even have a working guitar. That means that band practice is shot, too.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']So if I never really plan on playing Guitar Hero, should I just go with the PS3 version if I exchange my 360 Rock Band? I kind of want that wireless guitar. Does the PS3 version seem to have a better track record of workign hardware? I really want to have this game for a New Years party, but I don't want to have to worry about broken equipment.[/QUOTE]

No. And buy GH3 for the 360, anyway. The guitar is vastly superior.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I could go into detail on what happened when I got Rock Band for Christmas, but I'll just let the following email to customer support sum it up:

*funny CS email*[/quote]

Now that's good. :lol:

Got this for Christmas. I'm enjoying it thus far, but I despise the guitar. I really hope it doesn't break, since I've already had the return a broken GHIII Wii guitar, and that was hell.

I got mine for Christmas too and my guitar broke after the 2nd song I played. I just got the box yesterday. SO my new one should be here semi soon.

But now Im getting a disc read error...Ugh Anybody else having this problem?

[quote name='Zurezo']
But now Im getting a disc read error...Ugh Anybody else having this problem?[/quote]
A friend of mine does. He just takes the disc out and puts it back in, and it usually works fine for a while. I think the problem may be his 360, though.

Oh, I wanted to ask - has anyone found a good drumming program on the computer for the RB drum set? I certainly haven't.

Yeah, Ive played 2 other games after that happened and no problem, and its happened to RB twice. Im gonna take it to BB and try and score a new copy

Im back in Chicago for Christmas...

But your best bet would be checking Frys on Las Vegas Blvd or The BB and CC off Stephine Ave. Other than that you could call all the Gamestops.

[quote name='looploop']I finally beat Green Grass!!! on... medium. God I hate that song.[/quote]

Damn, took me 3 tries just to beat it on easy.

It took me about 3 or 4, but it's such a long song that so many tries feels like an eternity. I kept losing at 89% until I finally had a breakthrough.

[quote name='menikmati']You've got a ton of balls for doing that sean, I'm thinking of doing drums + vocals.[/QUOTE]

:lol: thanks.

And here's a drum + vocal

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQG51GlpJE[/MEDIA]

Is the drum pedal as bad as others have said? I am thinking about getting one of those metal support pads for mine (my game doesn't get here until Tuesday).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is the drum pedal as bad as others have said? I am thinking about getting one of those metal support pads for mine (my game doesn't get here until Tuesday).[/QUOTE]

I don't use shoes on mine, and I go pretty light on it and I have no complaints.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is the drum pedal as bad as others have said? I am thinking about getting one of those metal support pads for mine (my game doesn't get here until Tuesday).[/quote]

I weigh around 120 pounds so I'm not lead-footed, and the pedal has been fine ever since launch for me. I always use the heel-down technique though, and I'm slowly trying to learn heel-up which seems to put a lot of pressure on the spring.

Just don't mash the fucking thing and you're fine.

I may just go ahead and buy one then. I weigh about 80 pounds more than you morphine and I wear a size 14 shoe. I don't know if the pedal would like me too much.

Also I think the second I have someone come over and play that the pedal would take a shit on me.

I wasn't worried about the pedal until I started playing on hard. I don't think it is possible to avoid mashing the pedal when the kicks are so close together. It hasn't broken yet, but I am not confident that it will hold up for some of the harder songs (especially those in the Metallica pack) on expert...if I ever get that far. I bought the protection plan though so I'm not too worried about it...

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i'm stuck on that damn fall out boy song on expert drums. had my brother try to do the pedal for me but he isn't good enough to do so.[/quote]
Yeah I'm stuck on DoA on hard...and I don't feel like practicing it because I don't like it at all. Go with the Flow took quite a bit of practice (and I'm still not great at it) but that does bother me because I actually enjoy listening to it.

[quote name='menikmati']Just skip to Expert for the time being.[/QUOTE]

For fun? or to beat? Because I couldn't imagine even attempting the impossible tier on expert drums.

EDIT and I don't know why I said I'm stuck on nightmare...Im stuck on impossible.

[quote name='seanr1221']For fun? or to beat? Because I couldn't imagine even attempting the impossible tier on expert drums.

EDIT and I don't know why I said I'm stuck on nightmare...Im stuck on impossible.[/quote]

If you can get to that tier on Hard, then the first two on Expert should be a breeze. I skipped to Expert just for shits.

UPS guy just dropped off *two* similarly sized boxes at my doorstep, both from EA.

Hmm.

EDIT: They sent me two guitars, both labeled "PS3," but one had a green sticker on it that said "PS2 Compatible." Hmmm.

Hmmm.

Hmmm.

[quote name='mykevermin']UPS guy just dropped off *two* similarly sized boxes at my doorstep, both from EA.

Hmm.

EDIT: They sent me two guitars, both labeled "PS3," but one had a green sticker on it that said "PS2 Compatible." Hmmm.

Hmmm.

Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

*rubs chin*

Hmmm you don't say?

I'd just get it and hope for the best. I just got my new guitar today, two business days after requesting it. Even if something breaks you won't
be waiting long before you can play again.

[quote name='slickkill77']Should I just wait a few weeks to get this or what? It seems like these insturments are breaking ridicuously fast.[/quote]I think they tweaked the new bundles that are on shelfs now, but you may want to wait a few extra weeks.

oh Xbox Live. I was finally able connect to a game of Rock Band today. What do I get when I join a band? The band leader calls me a $$$$er and boots me. :/

[quote name='looploop']oh Xbox Live. I was finally able connect to a game of Rock Band today. What do I get when I join a band? The band leader calls me a $$$$er and boots me. :/[/quote]heh. That's why you stick to playing with friends, I guess. Add me, we'll rock out sometime. :D

Kendal stopped by yesterday and we took a crack at this for a while. The guy was lucky enough to hear me sing. Yeah.

I hope we get new songs tomorrow, holiday be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back