Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdsinferno']meh. I can see why people would be stoked about this. Maybe i'll get the perfect drug though... i'd prefer starfuckers or closer, but that's not happening.[/quote]
Maybe Starsuckers Inc. (the radio edit version), but we sure as hell aren't ever going to see Starfuckers (which ironically enough is the shirt im wearing right now).

[quote name='csalzman']Oh man, oh man, that NIN pack is my most wanted DLC right now. Nice that they're announcing new songs on Fridays too.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. It's good to know what they're releasing a few days before but thats the problem for me. The weekend wait + Monday is gonna seem like a whole weeks wait if it's good DLC.

I have 900 points, what pack other than NIN should I pick up?

This might have been covered, but it feels like this game is a lot easier than GH. Am I right?

[quote name='munch']I have 900 points, what pack other than NIN should I pick up?

This might have been covered, but it feels like this game is a lot easier than GH. Am I right?[/quote]

metallica's a good one, as well as the black sabbath pack, even though they're all covers, also the oasis one isn't bad either.

[quote name='munch']I have 900 points, what pack other than NIN should I pick up?

This might have been covered, but it feels like this game is a lot easier than GH. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

The Police pack is great also .

[quote name='munch']Is Metallica covers and, more importantly, is it challenging or on baby mode like some of the other stuff?[/quote]

Its probably the most challenging DLC there is out there... Drums on Blackened are damn near impossible... I cant pass Guitar on hard on Blackened either....

Metallica is VERY VERY challenging... and they are masters (not covers)

I wasnt to impressed with the Oasis pack... I got the Queens of the stone age one as well, but SICK SICK SICK might be the worst song for RB, so I would just get the 2 good songs and skip the pack.

[quote name='munch']Is Metallica covers and, more importantly, is it challenging or on baby mode like some of the other stuff?[/quote]The Metallica pack does not consist of covers. I vote for you picking up Interstate Love Song and Sex Type Thing both by the Stone Temple Pilots.

Wow, I am so mad. EA's support website is horrendous. I got on and requested a guitar on the 16th using their "express" exchange program, because mine won't ever start the energy power up. I still hadn't received as of today so I get on their system and it says my RMA was canceled, apparently because I didn't select system. Strange, since you select your system and instrument when going through the support page.

I didn't even get an email informing me that it was canceled, which is obnoxious, so now I will probably have to wait another week or so just to get a damn properly working guitar. Some "express" warranty program...douchebags.

Sorry, just had to vent my frustration with this horrid system.

[quote name='REL1203']SICK SICK SICK might be the worst song for RB, so I would just get the 2 good songs and skip the pack.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Wow, I am so mad. EA's support website is horrendous. I got on and requested a guitar on the 16th using their "express" exchange program, because mine won't ever start the energy power up. I still hadn't received as of today so I get on their system and it says my RMA was canceled, apparently because I didn't select system. Strange, since you select your system and instrument when going through the support page.

I didn't even get an email informing me that it was canceled, which is obnoxious, so now I will probably have to wait another week or so just to get a damn properly working guitar. Some "express" warranty program...douchebags.

Sorry, just had to vent my frustration with this horrid system.[/quote]

yeah they suck..they sent my box quick but have had my guitar since feb 11th and i still don't have a ship date...

[quote name='Malik112099']last i checked i contributed money to the purchase of it...so it is partially mine.

[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Anyway, take me off the latest train. I don't want those.

If there's some way to get on this little train of people receiving the disc, I'd be interested. I was looking at my grocery store last weekend and apparently I was too late, as the OXM issue they had didn't have any Rock Band DLC.

Got this bundle from target today, lovin' the drums. I DL'd the metallica pack to try out on guitar. Of course, i could not beat fate, my main red button is barely responsive. Am I gona have a chance of getting my guitar back if i send it in? I thought i had seen some people with bad experiences here. I can use my lp or explorer, but its just annoying.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Got this bundle from target today, lovin' the drums. I DL'd the metallica pack to try out on guitar. Of course, i could not beat fate, my main red button is barely responsive. Am I gona have a chance of getting my guitar back if i send it in? I thought i had seen some people with bad experiences here. I can use my lp or explorer, but its just annoying.[/quote]

Good luck getting a replacement in a timely manner. Like I posted earlier, I hadn't received my guitar about a week after requesting it. I got on the support website and they said it was canceled, for no reason at all, and the worst part is I never even got an email telling me it was canceled.

I emailed them last night with the promise of a response within 24 hours, and alas I've yet to get a response.

I love the game and how fun it is, but this service is worse than Microsoft's, and judging from this site alone, their equipment failure rate is just as high.

[quote name='slickkill77']Just do the cc method. They send the insturment right away...Just make sure you send your stuff back[/quote]

What is this "cc" method?

Why......?

I got 93% on Don't Fear the Reaper on expert drums while playing band quick play with two other people.

I was so excited and stoked that I decided this song will finally be conquered! So I went into to solo career and failed twice at my normal 63% or 65%.

Maybe I would of passed the song because while playing multiplayer I kicked the outro's ass for some reason. Who knows? I guess the next time I get passed the guitar solo section I'll find out if my awesome outro playing rubbed off for solo mode.

[quote name='BackInBlack']What is this "cc" method?[/QUOTE]

You give them yer Credit Card info, the place a "holding" charge on there. Just temporary. They send you a new guitar, you pack the broken guitar in that same box, mail it back. They remove the charge and yer good to go. I did it twice since they sent me two broken guitars.

Both of the Guitar Hero guitars are better. I could really care less if that one worked because I never use it but it was the principal.

[quote name='Bigsauce']You give them yer Credit Card info, the place a "holding" charge on there. Just temporary. They send you a new guitar, you pack the broken guitar in that same box, mail it back. They remove the charge and yer good to go. I did it twice since they sent me two broken guitars.

Both of the Guitar Hero guitars are better. I could really care less if that one worked because I never use it but it was the principal.[/quote]

Ah, so i am guessing they pay for shipping both ways if you have gone through the trouble 2 times now?

[quote name='BackInBlack']Ah, so i am guessing they pay for shipping both ways if you have gone through the trouble 2 times now?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they pay for the whole shipping. It shouldn't cost you a thing to replace a guitar they messed up. They just put that holding charge on yer account until they receive the broken one back. Yeah, they don't have the best quality control there. Not only did I receive 2 broken guitars but one time I received an empty box saying there was supposed to be a guitar in there. Owell, finally got a guitar that I won't even use. But at least it works.

[quote name='Bigsauce']Yep, they pay for the whole shipping. It shouldn't cost you a thing to replace a guitar they messed up. They just put that holding charge on yer account until they receive the broken one back. Yeah, they don't have the best quality control there. Not only did I receive 2 broken guitars but one time I received an empty box saying there was supposed to be a guitar in there. Owell, finally got a guitar that I won't even use. But at least it works.[/quote]

Aight, thanks for that man. I somewhat prefer the RB strat to the explorer, but that won't even matter for GH games, for which i use the LP.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Good luck getting a replacement in a timely manner. Like I posted earlier, I hadn't received my guitar about a week after requesting it. I got on the support website and they said it was canceled, for no reason at all, and the worst part is I never even got an email telling me it was canceled.

I emailed them last night with the promise of a response within 24 hours, and alas I've yet to get a response.

I love the game and how fun it is, but this service is worse than Microsoft's, and judging from this site alone, their equipment failure rate is just as high.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what happened to me. It took 3 weeks to get a guitar. That's broken. So as soon as they get my broken one back, I have to RMA the one they sent me.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I doubt it. DLC is such a money train. They're just being a tease I bet. Maybe they'll just bring Phase to XBLA/PSN.[/quote]

It could work if they make adding your own songs downloadable. Like maybe you'd have to download a 1 song template per song you'd like to add. I wonder if this would run into any copyright issues.

[quote name='deadite76']"Still Alive' by GLaDOS will be DLC in the future:

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxsean/216671?redir=1

Also mentioned by Joystiq:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/21/gdc08-still-alive-coming-to-rock-band/[/quote]

YES. I just beat Portal and when I heard this, I wished it would be for RockBand. NOW ITS TRUE.

PLEASE ANYONE, I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO A TRAIN FOR THE OXM DISC. No one running them has replied to my PM's over the past month. Can someone help me out?

[quote name='Rocko']If there's some way to get on this little train of people receiving the disc, I'd be interested. I was looking at my grocery store last weekend and apparently I was too late, as the OXM issue they had didn't have any Rock Band DLC.[/QUOTE]

Why? Just use that web site that I posted about a while back. You can get it from there.

[quote name='evanft']Why? Just use that web site that I posted about a while back. You can get it from there.[/quote]

I don't frequent this thread.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm afraid to watch the video for fear I may see the song being butchered...[/QUOTE]
well the singing is good but that is about it, I have never seen anyone do that bad at drums and bass.

[quote name='M1C13']well the singing is good but that is about it, I have never seen anyone do that bad at drums and bass.[/quote]
...How do you butcher bass? Bleh, now I'm kinda terrified as a whole to watch it for the sake of my blood boiling over a plastic guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back