Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bigsauce']I thought CrushCrushCrush was their big hit? That's what made me get their Album. Owell, it's a great song to have. Unfortunately the other two songs are well below par. I saw Serj in Concert a couple of weeks ago (he opened for Foo Fighters) and he was AWFUL. The whole crowd just kinda stat there, stunned. He's one weird cat for sure. But to each their own. I think Against Me! - Thrash Unreal would have been perfect to bundle with Paramore.

I think the hold up might have been the price? Maybe they had one group lined up for the $1 price point and they backed out so they had to get another group for the $1 price point? Who knows. Hopefully it drops in the next hour or so.[/quote]

Well the problem is the people there were there for Foo Fighters which is pretty much different then Serj's work. In order to like Serj you have to like his voice.

Woooooo for the Serj song. Crazy-person vocals guaranteed. I'll probably pick up all 3, as I have a heavy metal fan coming this weekend that might enjoy Black Tide.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Well the problem is the people there were there for Foo Fighters which is pretty much different then Serj's work. In order to like Serj you have to like his voice.[/QUOTE]
That is...an odd pairing. Wonder how they came up with that.

I also wonder if the holdup was because they were trying to do one of their fabled full album downloads and something got screwed up at the last minute. Wasn't Who's Next originally promoted as being available on launch day?

Zzzzz on that weak Paramore song. Glad I checked it out before blind-buying.

Man that Serj track sounds awful.

I guess the Shockwave will be the only one for me. You couldn't pay me to d/l the other two.

Man that Serj track sounds awful. That person should be forcibly stopped from ever trying to sing again.

I guess the Shockwave will be the only one for me. You couldn't pay me to d/l the other two.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Especially ones with hot lead singers...the Paramore chick that is...yeahhhhh.[/quote]

My roommate's sister was bangin' the guitarist... never got to meet the chick unfortunately!

[quote name='Mattte']Got the OXM disc today, train #2 is on its way to Bazz.[/quote]

woot, current train #2 (as far as i know)

Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh
emdub
Mattte

Bazz
orntar

[quote name='modium']
Edit: Beethoven's C*** is Tier 5 on guitar and drums. Crushcrushcrush is tier 3 on guitar and tier 4 on drums.[/QUOTE]

Is there a list somewhere that sorts all DLC songs by which tier they're in for guitar or drums?

I'm hoping to find some more 'moderate' songs that I can play with my 2 friends (both girls).

Shockwave does have the f-word in it.... maybe something happened with that? Somebody snuck something around?

The press release for this week's stuff describes it as an SXSW pack...wonder if more will be on the way. If we're ever going to get a Hanson track, now's the time. Bring it!

Man, that magazine schedule we got a few weeks ago was way off.

[quote name='porieux']Man that Serj track sounds awful. That person should be forcibly stopped from ever trying to sing again.[/quote]

I take it you are not a fan of System of a Down? It's funny to see the difference in people's musical preference. I think when I first heard SoaD I thought his voice was terrible.. but over time the music really grew on me and now it's pretty awesome. I guess it's just something that you get use to.

[quote name='BREVITY']I want to join that list. plz[/quote]

I would like to join train #2 after you. Hopefully you get placed after orntar.

No one is joining that list, as the owner of the disc limited it to ten people.

If you want in on a train, find someone who has it and ask them to start the 4th train.

[quote name='redmang']I take it you are not a fan of System of a Down? It's funny to see the difference in people's musical preference. I think when I first heard SoaD I thought his voice was terrible.. but over time the music really grew on me and now it's pretty awesome. I guess it's just something that you get use to.[/quote]

As used to gruff vocals as I am, I'll take clean talented vocals any day over death metal growls or thrash tones. Or for the best of both worlds, there's exceptions like Into Eternity, which makes use of clean vocals as well as death metal growls in their songs (progressive death metal band).

SOAD was never much good period though, so it's kind of moot.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No one is joining that list, as the owner of the disc limited it to ten people.

If you want in on a train, find someone who has it and ask them to start the 4th train.[/quote]

I don't blame him either.... especially since people took the liberty to add themselves to the train.

[quote name='sp00ge']I don't blame him either.... especially since people took the liberty to add themselves to the train.[/QUOTE]

Her! ;)

I just realized I won't be able to get Paramore until my husband's 360 comes back because we always use the half-price trick so we can both have them. Super-Doh! :(

[quote name='jezebelseven']Her! ;)

I just realized I won't be able to get Paramore until my husband's 360 comes back because we always use the half-price trick so we can both have them. Super-Doh! :([/quote]

OMG!! A girl on teh internetz!?! What's next? A black president? ;) (I'm kidding, I forgot who the originator of that train was)8-[

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So does RockBand DLC censor out the cuss words?[/QUOTE]Yes, but it omits them instead of beeping them so it's not as big of a deal.

Crush was an okay song. Good pick up for a buck. Easy but another good group song. Shockwave on guitar is amazing, for those who think charts on RB have been too simple its a must download. The vocals seem pretty fun too.

At only $0.99 I have to pick up all three songs this week. I wanted Crush and Beethoven's C*** anyway, but I'll grab the third for only a dollar.

[quote name='redmang']I take it you are not a fan of System of a Down? It's funny to see the difference in people's musical preference. I think when I first heard SoaD I thought his voice was terrible.. but over time the music really grew on me and now it's pretty awesome. I guess it's just something that you get use to.[/QUOTE]

I've heard SOaD that was OK, never sounded anywhere near as awful as that track sounds. But yeah it's always a matter of taste. Funny cuz I thought it would be the only song I would be getting, until I heard it.

I remember me and my friend were listening to that Serj song and first thing she says was. "Man, that lead singer sounds like the guy from System of a Down, but horrible." To which I gave the obvious response...

Yeah, I think only track I don't want for sake of not being in pain...

Major Nelson only has two songs listed as DLC. Maybe I will pop over to the official Rock Band boards, if they're working, and see what the deal is.

So, I can't even clear the last two tiers of expert drums, but I'm seriously considering getting a real kit and learning. Found one with practice heads so I can play in my apartment and not bother people (hopefully), just curious if anyone here can advise on it. Is $425 a good price? Is Pearl a good brand? Should I at least wait until I can pass (Don't Fear) The Reaper?

Picked up Serj, along with the Nine Inch Nails Pack and (Arguably) Punk Pack 02.

Rock Band also has me itching to try and get into actual drumming, but I'm not sure yet if I want to drop the cash to start.

So I just figured out that I could plug my headohones into my tv and WOW, what a difference in drumming. Sounds so much better now it's laughable how bad it sounded before.

I don't have total noise cancelling headphones, but I have ones that block out the sound so much that I can barely hear the clacking of the drums.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy something like a 4 way splitter for everyone in the band to plug headphones into, that way we can all hear the song as it should be played? That would kick ass.

If you haven't tried using headphones yet (and your TV/audio system has a slot for it) I totally recommend it.

[quote name='Flyersfan']So I just figured out that I could plug my headohones into my tv and WOW, what a difference in drumming. Sounds so much better now it's laughable how bad it sounded before.

I don't have total noise cancelling headphones, but I have ones that block out the sound so much that I can barely hear the clacking of the drums.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy something like a 4 way splitter for everyone in the band to plug headphones into, that way we can all hear the song as it should be played? That would kick ass.

If you haven't tried using headphones yet (and your TV/audio system has a slot for it) I totally recommend it.[/QUOTE]

gonna keep that in mind when I get my replacement drums back.

Enjoying the hell out of Black Tide and Paramore more then I thought. Especially guitar wise since they give a bit of a challenge, though I am getting kinda weary of singing about songs where I have a boyfriend I know is either cheating on me or showing affection towards though (especially when I sing it infront of my only female bandmate).

[quote name='bardockkun']Enjoying the hell out of Black Tide and Paramore more then I thought. Especially guitar wise since they give a bit of a challenge, though I am getting kinda weary of singing about songs where I have a boyfriend I know is either cheating on me or showing affection towards though (especially when I sing it infront of my only female bandmate).[/QUOTE]

OMG band drama!

Don't let it drive yous guys apart. Don't do that to the band.

[quote name='mr ryles']OMG band drama!

Don't let it drive yous guys apart. Don't do that to the band.[/quote]
Sure if I was gay or something, I guess. Though I'm not...Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Just awkward for me to be singing Vagiant, Garbage, Paramore and others when there's a girl RIGHT there that can do a better job singing it then I can.

[quote name='Bigsauce']I thought CrushCrushCrush was their big hit? That's what made me get their Album. Owell, it's a great song to have. Unfortunately the other two songs are well below par. I saw Serj in Concert a couple of weeks ago (he opened for Foo Fighters) and he was AWFUL. The whole crowd just kinda stat there, stunned. He's one weird cat for sure. But to each their own. I think Against Me! - Thrash Unreal would have been perfect to bundle with Paramore.

I think the hold up might have been the price? Maybe they had one group lined up for the $1 price point and they backed out so they had to get another group for the $1 price point? Who knows. Hopefully it drops in the next hour or so.[/quote]
Well I for one hate the band he is working with (F.C.C) and would prefer if he had his own personal tracks playing in the background. Serj's music on "Elect The Dead" album were all recorded by himself, meaning he played every and recorded every instrument to make his own interpretation of what he wanted his music to be. I was just at a Foo Fighters concert here in LA last week, and a lot of people cheered for Serj and were really into him, but his band still needs alot of work. Speaking of which I really wish they release Foo Fighters songs for Rock Band.

I played Serjs song tonight at my friends house, and I really liked it, so I will be downloading it soon as well.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hey Orntar, any way I can get on that train after you please? Thanks![/quote]

thats up to jezebelseven, she is the originator of the disc, maybe send a pm

[quote name='orntar']woot, current train #2
Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh
emdub
Mattte

Bazz
orntar
-NO ONE ELSE. JEZEBELSEVEN WANTS HER DISC BACK. PLEASE AND THANK YOU NO MORE PM'S.-
[/quote]

Really guys, I'm not trying to be stingy here, but I said I was capping it at 10 for a reason. It's the same reason I keep repeating it. Sorry.

Although I do want to thank everyone on my train for getting it successfully to the end, or so it looks like! I was just sure it'd get lost somewhere along the way :p

How hard is it to sell the guitar that comes with Rock Band?

I don't have anyone to play with where I'm at right now and all my friends back home already have Rock Band so I don't need the extra guitar (I have a Guitar Hero III guitar).

Also, do songs go up in points the longer they're out? I wanna get the Paramore song but I don't have Rock Band yet, will it still be 80pts in like a week or two?

Understood jezebelseven,
For those of us who missed that train is there anyone else out there that will start up another train including us new ROCK BAND-ers who want to join? jezebelseven which demo disc was it again? Maybe I can find it on ebay and then start my own train for my beloved CAGers. Along those lines anyone want to sell this demo disc for a reasonable price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back