Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']Wait, what?

I had a friend bring his 360 over to my place and hook it up in a separate room to a separate TV than mine is. I have a lot of DLC and he doesn't, so at one point we switched HDs and he was able to play my DLC from my HD hooked up to his 360 (signed in to my gamertag, which was on the HD, obviously).[/QUOTE]

You solved your own question.

[quote name='pete5883']I was really pumped for these SOAD songs, but BYOB is a real pain in the dick on guitar. Toxicity is a lot of fun though.[/quote]

After all the complaining here (and especially after trying Snow) I was worried about the difficulty, but I got 93% on hard on my first try. It was much easier than I was expecting. My first try on Snow I failed out at like 3%. I still can't get past like 20%.

Hey Rockers,

Here's your weekly fixing of DLC for August 12th, 2008. It's a rip roarin' Roadrunner 6 Pack, filled to the brim with metal mayhem. The pack will be 480 MSP (aka $5.99) and single tracks will be 80 MSP (aka $0.99) for the first month. From that point on the pack will be 800 MSP (aka $9.99) and the single tracks will become 160 MSP (aka $1.99). GET STOKED!

Tracks will be out on Tuesday on Xbox Marketplace and Thursday on the Playstation Store.

TRACKS:
Airbourne – Runnin’ Wild - 80 MSP - $0.99

DevilDriver – Clouds Over California - 80 MSP - $0.99

Dream Theater – Constant Motion - 80 MSP - $0.99

Killswitch Engage – My Curse - 80 MSP - $0.99

Machine Head – Aesthetics Of Hate - 80 MSP - $0.99

Megadeth – Sleepwalker - 80 MSP - $0.99

[quote name='mcgavin27']Hey Rockers,

Here's your weekly fixing of DLC for August 12th, 2008. It's a rip roarin' Roadrunner 6 Pack, filled to the brim with metal mayhem. The pack will be 480 MSP (aka $5.99) and single tracks will be 80 MSP (aka $0.99) for the first month. From that point on the pack will be 800 MSP (aka $9.99) and the single tracks will become 160 MSP (aka $1.99). GET STOKED!

Tracks will be out on Tuesday on Xbox Marketplace and Thursday on the Playstation Store.

TRACKS:

Megadeth – Sleepwalker - 80 MSP - $0.99[/quote]

Holy. Shit.:hot: Too bad "My Curse" was already in GH3, but oh well. I'll buy it.

Dude, that Airbourne song rocks, as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want my rock band to scream at me so much, so I probably won't get the full pack but the Airbourne song and Killswitch Engage for sure.

[quote name='Corvin']Dream Theater FTW! A 7 minute tune to boot![/QUOTE]

Unless it's the radio edit.

Constant Motion is an obvious Metalica influenced song, but it's still good.

In for the whole pack. I don't care if these hardcore songs pop up while playing world tour anymore, in like a month or two it won't be any issue in RB2.

Ugh. If it's a Roadrunner pack, they need to put in Type O. Between Type O and Carnivore, they've been on Roadracer/Roadrunner longer than any other band. I guess since they are on SPV now RR doesn't want to push them. Oh well.

Very nice week though - normally I'd pass on what's offered, but since they are all cheap I'll probably get at least the Megadeth song and one or two others.

When did Megadeth sign with RoadRunner? Surely, there are better bands who've been on that label for much longer.

3 Inches of Blood
Opeth
Slipknot
Daath
CRADLE OF FILTH (for fuck's sake)
Stone Sour
FEAR FACTORY

And yes, TYPE O NEGATIVE!!!

Please release another pack with some of these guys!!!

i saw this on x360a a few minutes ago.
buying all 6 for sure.
i love Machine Head but i think Halo would been a better choice over Aesthetics of Hate. oh well.
since we got a Roadrunner pack, how about a Metal Blade pack?

Airobourne - Runnin Wild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6qSV-ufb0

Devil Driver - Clouds over California
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=800HsgS03o0

Dream Theater - Constant Motion (I really hope it's the longer version, this is the short version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMGpZIMA01E

Killswitch Engadge - My Curse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPW9AbRMwFU

Machine Head -Asthetics of Hate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkGdIChKSao

Megadeth - Sleepwalker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnMa7sKplQ&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anomynous']Since My 360's busted, Im just gonna bring my hard drive over to my friends house and get these. Awesome pack[/QUOTE]

It will be tied to your gamertag and his 360. The HDD is a non-factor. So you will have to be signed in to play it every time.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Hey Rockers,

TRACKS:

Megadeth – Sleepwalker - 80 MSP - $0.99[/quote]

roadrunner.gif
dream_theater_japan.jpg

I don't see the connection.

Roadrunner pack looks good, only have 400 points but I'll definitely add some points to get the discounted pack on Tuesday! Here's hoping discounted packs like this one become at least a semi-regular thing.

[quote name='Corvin']It will be tied to your gamertag and his 360. The HDD is a non-factor. So you will have to be signed in to play it every time.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm always signed into live anyway

Glad to see you Dream Theater fans finally got your wish. Next week's stuff doesn't really appeal to me though, so I'll be hoping for something a little lighter next time.

Man, Devil Driver would be okay if not for those "vocals". GROROWROAROROROROWWRRRRRRR!

But Dream Theater sounds fine - first time I've heard 'em. Didn't like the rest.

Maybe that Killswitch song for me if I like the chart, but this week is definitly a little to rough for me overall. If they would have put slipknot in there, i would have been all over it... I would kill to play Surfacing on RB

If Slipknot is coming, it won't be until August 26. Since new album hits and best time to release Rock Band DLC or advertise. Since NIN pack 2 was released with The Slip is first example to come to mind.

Would not mind having Psychosocial on there.

[quote name='mr ryles']Just runnin wild and my curse for me, the rest is just obnoxious noise.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but that has to be the first I've heard 'obnoxious noise' and Dream Theater in the same sentence. You sir are loco. :) They are considered some of, if not, the best at what they do and well respected by their peers.

Mike Portnoy has won the modern drummer of the year award 11 consecutive years. John Petrucci is technically amazing and has toured with Satch and Vai. James Labrie is a classicly trained opera singer. Myung on bass and Rudess on keys are both technically proficient as well and worked with some pretty big names themselves.

I know Dream Theater aren't for everyone (it usually Labrie that turns people off) but they are about as far from 'obnoxious noise' as you can get. Now the other five songs(not the artists), I think your label applies. :lol:

If anything I would think at 80pts more people should pick the track up because every instrument will bring a challenge.

[quote name='hhhdx4']"James Labrie is a classicly trained opera singer."

Thats either a lie or he was a terrible student.[/QUOTE]

Corvin speaks truth. I don't know if James LaBrie was a trained Opera Singer first hand, but it is true that every member of Dream Theater is a graduate of the Berkley Institute of music except the Keybordist, who basically got tired of being one of the top 5 classical keyboardists in the world and wanted to try rock.

James LaBrie usually does take some growing on you though, especially for modern rock fans.

Dream Theater is very much a musicians band. Their biggest fans tend to be musicians themselves.

That being said, Constant Motion would not have been my pick, as it's a rather mediocre DT song, but it does showcase each instrument well, which is prob why they picked it.

[quote name='mcgavin27']

TRACKS:

Killswitch Engage – My Curse - 80 MSP - $0.99[/quote]

These two for me.
The keyboard solo in constant motion is pretty sweet.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I want some Children of Bodom, Opeth, and early Sonata Arctica.[/quote]
Bodom and some Sinergy. Anything with Alexi Laiho's guitar on there would be fucking GOLD! Seeing them live next month too (second time seeing them this year alone).

Probably nothing for me, but this is a good pack nonetheless. I'm with some of the other posters here... Type O and/or Fear Factory would have devoured my points for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back