Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Actually it applies to me. I have Lego Rock Band and Beatles, but no generic Rock Band. :) My question: if I get the GoD version, and if there is some day a RB4, will I be able to export the songs from the GoD version, or will that require the disc version?

Thoughts on Christmas DLC?

Next Tuesday is the big day, so what Christmas songs are you hoping for?

Maybe something like

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
Father Christmas - The Kinks
Little Drummer Boy - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

[quote name='grundy']Thoughts on Christmas DLC?

Next Tuesday is the big day, so what Christmas songs are you hoping for?

Maybe something like

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
Father Christmas - The Kinks
Little Drummer Boy - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts[/QUOTE]
All those would be awesome. Also Last Christmas by Wham!

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually it applies to me. I have Lego Rock Band and Beatles, but no generic Rock Band. :) My question: if I get the GoD version, and if there is some day a RB4, will I be able to export the songs from the GoD version, or will that require the disc version?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine if it's anything like the Dance Central GoD, then it'll recognize that it is downloaded, and just read from the GoD version on the hard drive.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']All those would be awesome. Also Last Christmas by Wham![/QUOTE]

Oh, God, NO. I HATE that song.

I'd rather have Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" or Weird Al's "Christmas at Ground Zero" Even that stupid, cheesy Hall and Oates Christmas song would be better

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually it applies to me. I have Lego Rock Band and Beatles, but no generic Rock Band. :) My question: if I get the GoD version, and if there is some day a RB4, will I be able to export the songs from the GoD version, or will that require the disc version?[/QUOTE]

It'll never be cheaper. Used disc copies are $25-$30 and going up. Wish I had waited since I bought it on Black Friday and spent 1600 points.

“Helena” – My Chemical Romance O
“Teenagers” – My Chemical Romance OX
“Sing” – My Chemical Romance O

Poop, poop, poop. Why they gotta shit in my Christmas stocking?

I guess we'll be seeing more Blitz songs lumped in with other songs by the same artist for the forseeable future?

I've been wanting some more MCR. I'm surprised they didn't add Na Na Na. ._. I wish they would add songs from their first album. Headfirst for Halos.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's weird seeing Dir en Grey in Rock Band. I Just had to say that...[/QUOTE]

RBN?

I just about fell on the floor when I saw Dimmu Borgir in there. Then my head exploded immediately after.

[quote name='shieryda']RBN?

I just about fell on the floor when I saw Dimmu Borgir in there. Then my head exploded immediately after.[/QUOTE]
Yup. They got two songs on there I think both from the Uroboros album.

Anyone want to wager on whether or not we'll see DLC every week of 2013? I'm betting on the "no" side as Harmonix shifts focus to...I dunno. Something else.

Not complaining by any means, but the train's gotta stop at some point.

Here's the full leak for next week. Latter two are Blitz songs.

Andrew W.K. – Party Hard
Hot Chelle Rae – Tonight Tonight
Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – We Are Young
P!nk – Raise Your Glass

Yeah, the rerelease of Green Day and Blitz songs so close after release doesn't bode well in boosting my confidence for next year.

I think we're more likely to see some sort of Blitz follow-up than a true RB4. Or something else to extend the life of people's song libraries.

I'll throw a timeframe out there - I'll guess that by Summer's end, DLC will be done. I may be too generous there but that would be a year after Blitz, so seems as good a time as any. Especially with new consoles out shortly after.

[quote name='2DMention']They're definitely slacking on releases.

I have a feeling we won't see RB4, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you're right, but now that Andrew WK is on RB I am at peace with that.

I wish we could get some tracks from all the great albums that came out this year.

Baroness
Stone Sour
Deftones
Alabama Shakes
Katatonia
Accept
Torche
Ufomammut
Woods of Ypres
Gojira (have been waiting for anything by them for years)
Witch Mountain
Pallbearer

[quote name='shieryda']More music from Blitz:

http://www.rockband.com/blog/single...nd-maroon-5-hitting-the-rock-band-music-store

• Foster the People – “Pumped Up Kicks” O
  • Foo Fighters – “These Days”1
  • Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – “Moves Like Jagger “ O
[/QUOTE]
To add...
Harmonix claims they will be doing Blitz rehashes every other week until they finish out the Blitz setlist (projected to go into March). Most will look like this week i.e. no new songs included with them.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Isn't that Foster the People song about a school shooting? Seems kind of ill-timed.[/QUOTE]
What?! But it's so soothing and mellow and gentle and, an-...and....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Definitely laying the groundwork for the end. Anything that begins with them telling you about how much they have done in the past is a sign they're winding it down.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233201

Hey Gang,

Over the past 5 years, we’ve released over 4,000 songs for the Rock Band Platform. The most loyal of you are aware that our DLC production has slowed over time as Harmonix has grown to take on multiple titles beyond the Rock Band franchise. In this new year, with multiple new IPs in development, our production pipeline is continuing on this trend, resulting in fewer songs per week.

As we’ve done previously for track packs, we’ve always planned to release the great soundtrack to Rock Band Blitz as singles for those Rock Band fans who are more particular about what songs they add to their library. For the next few weeks, we’re going to alternate a week of new releases with a week of Rock Band Blitz single releases. This means Rock Band will still be delivering great tracks every week to the Rock Band Music Store, will be bringing these Blitz songs to the Wii for the first time, and will continue to support the Rock Band Network community for their rolling releases on Xbox 360. Also, we have Pro Upgrades planned for a selection of the Rock Band Blitz tracks, so even if you’ve exported already, there will be content that’s new for you.

If you haven’t grabbed Rock Band Blitz yet, you definitely should – it’s a ridiculous value at $15 USD for 25 great tracks. If not, stay tuned – RBB singles are headed your way.

We’ve opened up this thread HERE for your questions. There’s definitely still some great content in the works for Rock Band, so keep tuned to the forums for more information.

Yours,
Harmonix Music Systems

I'm sure there are a number of questions regarding the announcement above, so we've tried to address the most immediate ones in an FAQ below. If you have additional questions or want to discuss the announcement further, you can post in this discussion thread. We'll continue to track conversation there and will respond whenever possible.

1. Why are you releasing Blitz tracks as DLC?

There are a number of reasons why we’re releasing Blitz tracks as DLC. This will be the first time that Wii rockers have had access to these tracks, as Blitz was only available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Additionally, since the announcement of Blitz, we’ve received a number of vocal requests from members of the community that wanted to pick and choose from singles off the setlist. As we’ve seen with previous Track Pack DLC releases, there is definitely a segment of the community interested in purchasing tracks piecemeal.

2. Will there be any new content available alongside the Blitz singles?

There may be one or two instances where Blitz singles releases are accompanied by previously unreleased content, and there are several Pro Guitar upgrades planned as well. For the most part the Blitz singles will be released by themselves.

3. Are you switching to a bi weekly Blitz schedule because you’re running out of DLC?

We still have some great DLC on the schedule, including the addition of several bands that have not yet appeared in Rock Band, as well as the return of some old favorites. The bi weeks in between Blitz releases will still feature new DLC releases, carrying us well beyond 4,000 total tracks in the library.

4. How long will the bi weekly Blitz releases run for?

The Blitz singles will likely be released in 3-4 song batches every other week over the course of the next 3 months until all 25 songs are available.

5. Why aren’t you releasing all the Blitz songs at once?

Releasing large batches of songs requires a ton of production bandwidth, both for our DLC team and for 1st party testers. Even though these songs were previously available in Blitz, releasing them as singles still requires additional testing and submission time that wasn’t available while developing other titles.

6. Will there be Pro upgrades for the Blitz singles?

We’re planning on adding Pro upgrades for 6 of the Blitz singles. These upgrades should be available to those that have already purchased Blitz, similar to how the Pro upgrades worked for the recent Green Day DLC / GDRB export.

7. What are these new IPs you’re working on? Are any of them RB related / instrument based music games?

Harmonix has several new projects in the works, but unfortunately no Rock Band news at the moment. You can keep posted to HarmonixMusic.com for future project announcements.

Also, in regards to a question about how far out they have planned for future DLC:

As I mentioned in a previous post, there is a lot that can happen with DLC on even a week to week basis so we don't like to comment on plans too far out. All I can say right now is what has already been outlined in the announcement and the FAQ, that we have DLC releases lined up for the next 3 months.

And in response to a person trying to say the Blitz tracks doesn't necessarily mean a slowing down of DLC:

While we most definitely do want to make these songs available for the people that want them, this should most definitely be seen as a slow down of DLC. The first line in the announcement references a slow down in the DLC production pipeline, so while I totally understand that people want to stay positive, we should all be realistic about the state of things at this point.

Looks like my "end of Summer" prediction should have been beginning of Summer.

FD5Lm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure makes it sound like things are winding down for good after the next few months. I guess this is basically confirmation that Rock Band 4 is not coming?

[quote name='Ryuukishi'] I guess this is basically confirmation that Rock Band 4 is not coming?[/QUOTE]

I would be VERY surprised to see RB 4. I'm just thankful HMX has supported RB for as long as they have when you consider the state of this genre.

Yeah, we've been fortunate to have been able to milk the dlc for this long. I'm surprised they've kept it going for as long as they have.

My main question now is - say DLC stops in June... I wonder if RBN would continue? That would actually be really cool.

The worst part about the genre dying off is hardware. Have a friend who just bought a 360 and wants to get RB3, but buying a guitar new is very cost prohibitive. It's at the point where you can get that mid grade pro guitar cheaper than the non.pro.

Where are we going to be in 2 years when everyone's guitars have given out? Dark times ahead.

[quote name='jza1218']So what are some of the opinions on Blitz?[/QUOTE]

Great price as a track pack for RB3, the fact that it's also a decent little game is a nice bonus.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Where are we going to be in 2 years when everyone's guitars have given out? Dark times ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Lots of plastic instruments going to landfills.:cry:

[quote name='shieryda']Lots of plastic instruments going to landfills.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I guess E. T. will have some company :rofl:

[quote name='jza1218']So what are some of the opinions on Blitz?[/QUOTE]I'd say it's a no-brainer purchase, especially if you have lots of DLC already. The game clicks when you realize it's not about "playing" a song, but rather in multitasking and trying to maximize your score.

Or if you ever play Rock Band in local multiplayer, there's enough popular/party hits to justify it purely as a track pack purchase, IMO.

Are people here familiar with the Rock Band Harmonies Project? It's a method of adding harmony charts to pre-RB3 songs. I gave it a try yesterday and it actually worked!! So far the RBHP community has charted all the disc-based songs (RB1/RB2/Lego), along with a decent chunk of DLC tracks.

I don't quite get how it's possible but it utilizes a song cache built off of a modified save file. I can personally verify that it works without any type of modded Xbox. If discussion of this is considered against the rules I'll remove it, but it doesn't involve custom songs or the use of any DLC that you don't own already, so I think it should be alright. I plan on writing a more detailed CAG blog about it, but the link above gives instructions and everything.
**EDIT: it's for Xbox only, unfortunately

[quote name='BustaUppa']
Are people here familiar with the Rock Band Harmonies Project? It's a method of adding harmony charts to pre-RB3 songs. I gave it a try yesterday and it actually worked!! So far the RBHP community has charted all the disc-based songs (RB1/RB2/Lego), along with a decent chunk of DLC tracks.

I don't quite get how it's possible but it utilizes a song cache built off of a modified save file. I can personally verify that it works without any type of modded Xbox. If discussion of this is considered against the rules I'll remove it, but it doesn't involve custom songs or the use of any DLC that you don't own already, so I think it should be alright. I plan on writing a more detailed CAG blog about it, but the link above gives instructions and everything.
**EDIT: it's for Xbox only, unfortunately[/QUOTE]
I Just got weird goosebumps for this. Going to hopefully try it out tonight, thanks!

[quote name='bardockkun']I Just got weird goosebumps for this. Going to hopefully try it out tonight, thanks![/QUOTE]Glad to spread the love! :)

Note that when the full song cache is built, it resides on the USB stick. You need to actually move the cache file (along with the "upgrades" save file) from the stick to the XBOX HDD once you're done. The linked instructions were a little unclear on that part. My first time around I didn't realize this, so after I unplugged the stick the game just rebuilt a normal cache and I had to start over.:error:

I just bought RB3 GoD too. I guess I'd better get cracking on getting back into RB a bit.

I have the old RB1 drums and they are not in the best shape. I wish I could find the RB2 drums for a reasonable price.

Anyone know where I can get a Xbox 360 guitar, wired or wireless? My strum bar broke yesterday and guitars are going for $40-50+ on eBay, even though NewEgg sold band bundles not even a month ago for $40... ugh.

I remember a couple years ago, when TRU had pallets of those freakin' guitars, and were selling them for like $10. I think it must have been a Black Friday deal.

[quote name='shieryda']I remember a couple years ago, when TRU had pallets of those freakin' guitars, and were selling them for like $10. I think it must have been a Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]
Majority of TRU don't sell MadCatz products. If anything you were thinking when TRU marked down all the big band bundles to $10 around October 2011.

Are the drums in the Band bundle good? Now I wish I had invested in the PS3 platform - you can get the PS3 Band Hero bundle for $70 from amazon. 360 one is only from 3rd parties and at huge prices. Maybe I can find one somewhere else....

bread's done
Back