Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Speaking of Megadeth, I'm disappointed that "Hangar 18" is being left off of GH Smash Hits.[/quote]
all the more reason to give us Rust in Peace for RB

Looks like I will be picking up some Luscious Franz Bros next week.:D

Every time I here Midnight Rider I think of the The Devils Rejects. IMO it is a highly underrated film.

* I meant to say the movie in general, but your right it is Free Bird. I was even listening to Midnight Rider and could not picture the last seen with that song.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jazzman']Looks like I will be picking up some Luscious Franz Bros next week.:D

Every time I here Midnight Rider I think of the last seen in The Devils Rejects. IMO it is a highly underrated film.[/quote]
uh, free bird?

I can't help but feel that Smooth Criminal is going to be Last Resort'ed. I hope to god it isn't, but something just seems off about it being in that pack. I dunno, hope it's just a passing feeling.

They need to make it so the singer can go around touching shit lighting it up when you play Smooth Criminal.

[quote name='jazzman']Looks like I will be picking up some Luscious Franz Bros next week.:D

Every time I here Midnight Rider I think of the The Devils Rejects. IMO it is a highly underrated film.

* I meant to say the movie in general, but your right it is Free Bird. I was even listening to Midnight Rider and could not picture the last seen with that song.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, despite the lack of any Rob Zombie songs, The Devil's Rejects had a pretty awesome soundtrack. I already got Funk #49, I may have to get Midnight Rider too.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I can't help but feel that Smooth Criminal is going to be Last Resort'ed. I hope to god it isn't, but something just seems off about it being in that pack. I dunno, hope it's just a passing feeling.[/QUOTE]I heard that the Last Resort they put in RB was in fact a "real" version of the song, they just used a version from some early Papa Roach EP or like a demo version or something. It still sucks, but it's at least comforting (if true) that they didn't just re-record the song for re-recording's sake.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that we should be safe, as long as there isn't some other version of AAF's Smooth Crminal that got submitted to Harmonix for some reason. But after Papa Roach I'm always gonna check youtube or something to make sure the "right" version of a song is used.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I can't help but feel that Smooth Criminal is going to be Last Resort'ed. I hope to god it isn't, but something just seems off about it being in that pack. I dunno, hope it's just a passing feeling.[/quote]

I guess I don't understand what you mean here.

[quote name='shieryda']I guess I don't understand what you mean here.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, Harmonix has a knack of getting masters that aren't in fact the masters of the actual song that goes over radio air waves and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YCdZC8aRI

For example, as Busta said, this is a rumored "EP" release of the song, so there's a huge controversy and I think a pending lawsuit against Harmonix on them advertising it as the album version of the song, when in fact it's not (far from it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh2SVuX03h4

They've done this with a couple other songs too, like El Scorcho and Warriors of Time, although those two weren't nearly as bad as Last Resort. In El Scorcho's case, Harmonix got a master where the rhythm guitar is only played during the solo and not the actual guitar solo, and Warriors of Time is missing audio clips and the introduction. The difference is that those are actual album cuts, so they technically aren't false advertising like in the case of Last Resort.

There's alot of interesting things to learn on RockBand.Com lol, that's where I learned about that stuff, and apparently some people are extremely frustrated over "Thank You Boys" for paying full price for a :30 song without being forewarned about it being that long, so I guess we can expect a run time in the store soon.

General opinion question: what would y'all do to improve the RB interface? Off the top of my head, here's what I'd do:

- In band quickplay, move character selection to AFTER you create your setlist! My friends have enjoyed making their own characters, but no one wants to back out through a million menu screens between every setlist, so we always just pick four characters in the beginning and end up using them the whole time. This would effectively let you "switch" instruments more easily, as well.

- Make it harder to accidentally delete your setlist! Nothing is worse than putting a lot of thought into creating a badass 7-song setlist, only to have your non-gamer buddy start innocently playing with the drums and dumping everyone back to the main menu (this happens at least once every time I have people over).

- Make it more intuitive to start a multi-song setlist. Sure it's easy to just hold down the green button, but a lot of my non-gamer friends completely miss that feature unless I jump in and set it up for them. It pains me to say it, but I think GH:WT actually pulled this off better, since the song selection defaults to "setlist" mode.

That's all I can think of now, but yeah, I'd really love to see these changes implemented in the future!

Make the hammer ons and pull ofs more known; almost none of my friends could ever grasp what a hammer on or pull off was in Rock Band. They also couldn't grasp that overdrive was star power, so I think that needs to be made more clear also.

[quote name='Trakan']They need to make it so the singer can go around touching shit lighting it up when you play Smooth Criminal.[/QUOTE]

You mean like in the Michael Jackson video BILLY JEAN??

[quote name='GamerChris']You mean like in the Michael Jackson video BILLY JEAN??[/quote]

No. He means like in the Alien Ant Farm video, "SMOOTH CRIMINAL".

Like a bunch of you, in for the Alien Ant Farm track and "Take Me Out".

Funny thing is that I haven't played Rock Band in quite some time, but when I do, I'll have a bunch of stockpiled new songs to play with.

[quote name='shieryda']In for Allman Brothers. Would have preferred "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" by Prong, though.

I used to fancy Luscious Jackson. Most of them were pretty cute.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the second I saw Prong, all I thought was SNAP YOUR FINGERS SNAP YOUR NECK!!!
But alas, I sit here brokenhearted...
-Goatman

* I meant to say the movie in general, but your right it is Free Bird. I was even listening to Midnight Rider and could not picture the last seen with that song.[/quote]

Devil's Rejects is really good, his only good movie in fact.

I'm surprised more people aren't excited for Naked Eye, that song kicks ass.

And just pick up the whole Franz pack, Lucid Dreams is really good. Their new album is definitely their best.

Also, the cover of Smooth Criminal by AAF, is better than Michael Jackson's original... and that's the only song of his I can say that for.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']For some reason, Harmonix has a knack of getting masters that aren't in fact the masters of the actual song that goes over radio air waves and such.[/quote]

Who the hell would want a radio edit over an album cut?

Uh, Harmonix, who relies on radio edits for the editing?

Also I meant it more as the album cut, not neccesarily the radio edit. Harmonix are just terrible when it comes to double checking the masters. There's really no excuse for Last Resort or El Scorcho. Specifically the former, as it's a severe case of false marketing. I can forgive them for the sloppy editing of El Scorcho, but to say Last Resort was the album cut when it was clearly not to anyone with ears that can hear, is just ridic.

I will definitely agree about the Last Resort thing. That is just a travesty really. I do have the song, but damn was I pissed.

Yeah, I also think them adding a run time for the songs in the store would be a really smart idea, as I can't imagine the number of people who went into blind with "Thank You Boys" expecting a jazz song only to get like a minute song haha. Same thing with "They're Red Hot" and the other short songs.

I don't like the album only idea though, that's why I don't get content on Guitar Hero: World Tour. I want to be able to pick and choose songs.

YAY for Franz Ferdinand! I think I saw that it was in one of the GH games and I was just thinking to myself how "Take Me Out" was on RB. Wish granted! I'm definitely buying that, maybe the whole track pack.

YES! FF will be mine. I just wish Odysseus or No You Girls were available as well!

Going to grab this as soon as it comes out.

[quote name='BustaUppa']- Make it harder to accidentally delete your setlist! Nothing is worse than putting a lot of thought into creating a badass 7-song setlist, only to have your non-gamer buddy start innocently playing with the drums and dumping everyone back to the main menu (this happens at least once every time I have people over).

- Make it more intuitive to start a multi-song setlist. Sure it's easy to just hold down the green button, but a lot of my non-gamer friends completely miss that feature unless I jump in and set it up for them. It pains me to say it, but I think GH:WT actually pulled this off better, since the song selection defaults to "setlist" mode.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea you could make a setlist. I was always hoping they'd add it in the next game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No. He means like in the Alien Ant Farm video, "SMOOTH CRIMINAL".[/QUOTE]

okay, I just watched the video. Totally silly. They mix stuff from a bunch of Michael Jackson videos. There's some dudes posing from the thriller dance. And then the singer gets on the car and breaks the windows like the Black or White video. Plus the Billie Jean lighting up stuff.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']For some reason, Harmonix has a knack of getting masters that aren't in fact the masters of the actual song that goes over radio air waves and such.

For example, as Busta said, this is a rumored "EP" release of the song, so there's a huge controversy and I think a pending lawsuit against Harmonix on them advertising it as the album version of the song, when in fact it's not (far from it).

They've done this with a couple other songs too, like El Scorcho and Warriors of Time, although those two weren't nearly as bad as Last Resort. In El Scorcho's case, Harmonix got a master where the rhythm guitar is only played during the solo and not the actual guitar solo, and Warriors of Time is missing audio clips and the introduction. The difference is that those are actual album cuts, so they technically aren't false advertising like in the case of Last Resort.

There's alot of interesting things to learn on RockBand.Com lol, that's where I learned about that stuff, and apparently some people are extremely frustrated over "Thank You Boys" for paying full price for a :30 song without being forewarned about it being that long, so I guess we can expect a run time in the store soon.[/quote]

Wow, people are fucking stupid. I should sue them for being Papa Roach fans.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Make the hammer ons and pull ofs more known; almost none of my friends could ever grasp what a hammer on or pull off was in Rock Band. They also couldn't grasp that overdrive was star power, so I think that needs to be made more clear also.[/QUOTE]
Neither of these make sense. Have your friends play the tutorial.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yes, because they're fucking stupid because Harmonix knowingly lied to their faces, literally.[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

So gotta ask, but does the goddamn wireless MadCatz bass have a definitive date yet? They keep pushing it further and further back and I've basically already forgotten their premium drum set as well.

Not too suprised he got banned. From the Flower thread long ago:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Plus you've known of me forever, and you know that I hold records on most gaming message boards for bannings, and this game is certainly one that would get me banned because I would defend it.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back