Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='Flyersfan']I love what Harmonix did with the drummer in Clint Eastwood, reference to the music video.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't notice that the first time, that's f'n brilliant.

Going to download some Gorillaz later. Dont know if I want to buy GH5 or just keep on downloading RB tracks....just dont know if RB will get the songs I want in GH5

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnyxPrimal']The Guitar Hero, Lips and Rock Band Logo are all on the package.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75292

Games listed:

* Band Hero
* The Beatles
* Rock Band
* Disney’s Sing it!
* High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
* Guitar Hero 5
* Guitar Hero: Metallica
* Konami Karaoke Revolution
* Lego Rock Band
* Lips
* Rock Band 2
* And all titles launched after September 2009.

So hopefully we can expect it around the 14th as you were saying.[/QUOTE]

Is the new mic exactly the same as the Lips mics? I was figuring they'd add some tiny new function so the old mics don't work.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Is the new mic exactly the same as the Lips mics? I was figuring they'd add some tiny new function so the old mics don't work.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not really up to Microsoft. From the stories published months ago, Harmonix was the one working on the patch so Lips mics would work within their game. If the patch isn't out before the individual mics are released (8/14), my guess is they won't work either. That would make for a really ugly launch.

[quote name='GamerChris']Pinball Wizard is in Rock Band 2 already.[/QUOTE]

If he wants it so badly, I say give it to him...as long as it's the Elton John version. :D

[quote name='BustaUppa']I guess a live version can still be a "master" recording in the sense that they have access to the separated master tracks for guitar, drums, etc. I think they basically just use the term to mean "not a cover version," although it's gotten kind of redundant to specify that at this point.[/QUOTE]

You never know. We could still see covers, but I think we've moved past that era forever.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']Thanks for the tip about track pack codes on Ebay. I managed to get volume 2, AC/DC, and the classic rock one for $35 total. Not bad at all for about 50 new songs.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little jealous. I got AC/DC for full price from Wal-Mart...but I did get Volume 2 and Classic Rock for $30 total from FYE, so I can't complain too much. :)

If I ever find a sale on the country one, I might have to go for that too. I'm not a huge country fan, but diversity is always nice and it does have The Gambler on it.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I love what Harmonix did with the drummer in Clint Eastwood, reference to the music video.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm curious.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
If I ever find a sale on the country one, I might have to go for that too. I'm not a huge country fan, but diversity is always nice and it does have The Gambler on it.
[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat but I got it this week with the pre-order a game, take $10 off Best Buy promotion. It brought the track pack to $19.99 then I traded in it to Gamestop for $10.40, so my net total the 21 tracks (19 of which I didn't have) to be $9.60 which was a good enough deal for me.

It took almost a year, but I finally beat Visions on expert guitar... my left hand is a twitching mess. I'm now one song (Panic Attack) away from being able to take on the endless setlist.

[quote name='BlueWingX'] I hadn't heard about those two band in LRB yet, though I find myself wondering what AC/DC songs are considered family friendly...
[/QUOTE]
Big Balls.

updated per press release... http://www.rockband.com/news/metal-track-pack

releases october 13, 2009 at retail stores nationwide for the
xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from microsoft,
playstation3 computer entertainment system,
playstation2 computer entertainment system an
wii(tm) system from nintendo.

The suggested retail price for rock band metal track pack is $29.99.

Six of the on disc tracks are brand new to the rock band platform and will be exclusive to the rock band metal track pack disc for a limited time before joining the rock band(r) music store as downloadable content.

1. All that remains - two weeks
2. At the gates - blinded by fear
3. Black tide - shockwave
4. Blue öyster cult - transmaniacon mc*
5. Bullet for my valentine -waking the demon
6. Children of bodom - are you dead yet
7. Evile -thrasher
8. Godsmack - i stand alone
9. The haunted - d.o.a.
10. Hawkwind - master of the universe*
11. I mother earth - levitate*
12. In this moment - forever
13. Judas priest - screaming for vengeance
14. Lacuna coil - closer
15. Lamb of god - laid to rest
16. Motörhead - killed by death*
17. Nazareth - hair of the dog*
18. Queens of the stone age - 3’s & 7’s
19. Rage against the machine - bulls on parade*
20. Yngwie malmsteen -red devil

* denotes exclusive track

I might pick it up. Between the new six and the tracks I don't have, it would be worth the price of admission.

New Rage is always welcomed by me. I have a feeling we won't see it as DLC for a while though, seeing as we still haven't gotten the PSP tracks.

The last thing I need in Rock Band is more songs to show up on random setlists that I can't beat, but on the other hand, that track pack has a lot of good songs on it, none of which I already have.

And the Beatles setlist via newest Game Informer is as follows.

-I Want To Hold Your Hand
-I Feel Fine
-Day Tripper
-Paperback Writer
-Don't Let Me Down
-Revolution
-I Saw Her Standing There
-Boys
-Do You Want to Know a Secret
-Twist and Shout
-I Wanna Be Your Man
-A Hard Day's Night
-Can't Buy Me Love
-Eight Days a Week
-Ticket to Ride
-Drive My Car
-I'm Looking Through You
-If I Needed Someone
-Taxman
-Yellow Submarine
-And Your Bird Can Sing
-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
-Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds
-Getting Better
-Good Morning Good Morning
-I Am The Walrus
-Hello Goodbye
-Dear Prudence
-Back in The USSR
-While My Guitar Gently Weeps
-Birthday
-Helter Skelter
-Hey Bulldog
-Come Together
-Something
-Octopus's Garden
-I Want You (She's So Heavy)
-Here Comes The Sun
-Dig A Pony
-I Me Mine
-I've Got a Feeling
-Get Back
-Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows

And Jesus that's alot to type and the game itself got an 8.75

I'm really disappointed that "In My Life" and "A Day in the Life" are not included in the main setlist...

Edit: It looks like the magazine has left out the last song after you beat the career. It has to be one of these songs. It would be fantastic for a Beatles career montage while playing "In My Life"!! I can't wait for this game!

Thank you for typing it all up, bardockkun. It's really, really appreciated. :bow:

Kind of disappointed to see 5 each for Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's, since they're apparently going to be full-album DLC anyway. I would've loved to see a few of those replaced with tracks from the White Album, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. :lol:

The Game Informer article also left out 1 song as a surprise. So there are 44 announced.

I'm thinking a day in the life as the final unnaounced song, maybe The End

if you want to read the article I've got crappy pics up in an album here

Well it's nice to know we're getting A Day In The Life either way. lol, I wonder if there will be any charting whatsoever for the last minute or so of the song?

Also just wanted to point out that the end of "Good Morning Good Morning" is gonna be crazy fun on drums!

I'm mostly sold on Beatles, just trying to decide if I should get one of the new guitars or not. Ideally, I'd want to replace my existing controller, but I dunno...

Thanks for the setlist. I'm still excited about this game and I'm glad to see they picked all the good tracks from the White Album.

And no problem in posting that setlist up. Though I can't hear Twist and Shout without thinking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Basically one of the only times I wish it had a guest artist just for Danke Schoen.

Here we go.
[quote name='hmxhenry']
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! A nice assortment of singles ranging from 90's alternative, bouncy Brit pop, bagpipe infused fun, and more! Dig in!

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 18) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Aug. 20):

Blind Melon - No Rain
Blur - There’s No Other Way
Dropkick Murphys - I’m Shipping Up to Boston
Eve 6 - Inside Out
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Foo Fighters - I’ll Stick Around
Foo Fighters - Lonely as You

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Foo Fighters Pack 02” or as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track. $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Foo Fighters Pack 02”

Wii Back-Catalog Additions

Additional tracks available for Wii (Aug. 18):

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Gorillaz - Re-Hash
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
The Band - Chest Fever (Live)
The Who - Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Apache Rose Peacock
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking The Girl
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Funky Monks
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied
Red Hot Chili Peppers - If You Have to Ask
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mellowship Slinky in B Major
Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Lovely Man
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Naked in the Rain
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sir Psycho Sexy
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Greeting Song
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Power of Equality
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Righteous & the Wicked
Red Hot Chili Peppers - They’re Red Hot
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Megasus - Megasus *
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Entangled *

Price:
$2.00 USD, (200 Wii Points) per track
* Denotes $1.00 (100 Wii Points)

Rock Band Unplugged Tracks for PSP®System

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Aug. 20):

Pat Benatar - Heart Breaker
Coheed and Cambria - A Favor House Atlantic

Price:
$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine.
[/QUOTE]

I'll probably pick up everything this week, except the Kaiser Chiefs.

I was a little disappointed when the first Foo Fighters pack was revealed to be the same as the GH3 one, except for All My Life, so that's good news. I might also have to get a decent majority of the single tracks this week.

Okay I just looked up No Rain on YouTube and totally had one of those "ohhhhh, THAT song" moments. I love when that happens. :D
I couldn't, in clear conscience, NOT own that or "Inside Out" when I've got a bunch of twentysomething friends over for a RB party, so I'm pretty much gonna HAVE to download both of those next week!

I think I'm in for everything except the Dropkick Murphys next week. It's not that the DM song is bad per se. In fact, when I looked it up, I was really digging the music. Then they started singing. Oh well, maybe we'll get some Flogging Molly in the future.

So stupid question - I pre-ordered the Beatles at Gamestop and I see now this "exclusive pre-order website" you're supposed to get a code a pre-order. I didn't, but is it worth it or is it just pictures and stuff? Anyone know?

Everything on it gets leaked out pretty quickly :p Any the codes are not one-time use or linked to an account., so you can just use this one GSW999PHB

They got some paint-by-numbers Oi! all up in my Rock Band.

Might buy it.

I'm really craving "Appetite for Destruction" DLC, but doubt that will ever happen.

[quote name='mykevermin']They got some paint-by-numbers Oi! all up in my Rock Band.

Might buy it.

I'm really craving "Appetite for Destruction" DLC, but doubt that will ever happen.[/QUOTE]

Axel is on board with Harmonix/RB, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the works.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Okay I just looked up No Rain on YouTube and totally had one of those "ohhhhh, THAT song" moments. I love when that happens. :D
I couldn't, in clear conscience, NOT own that or "Inside Out" when I've got a bunch of twentysomething friends over for a RB party, so I'm pretty much gonna HAVE to download both of those next week![/QUOTE]

I second literally everything you've said. haha.

[quote name='bardockkun']More Foo Fighters? Really?[/QUOTE]
They're pretty much on par with The Offspring in my "hey, this song sounds a lot like the last one" category. I appreciate them trying to get in every goddamn song they've released if it prevents the eventual Rock Band: Foo Fighters that they could have done by now.

[quote name='Trakan']Axel is on board with Harmonix/RB, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the works.[/QUOTE]
But does Axl have full control over that stuff? Chinese Democracy makes sense because he's in total control, but although I remember hearing a story about Axl strongarming the band into signing over everything to him, there still may be some issues there, especially since Slash is (was?) on board with Guitar Hero.

May grab one Foo Fighters track. I'll get the Dropkick Murphys song if it's the version from The Departed and not the shittier version from one of their prior albums.

Will update OP later on.

Hey since everyone hates GameStop, are people gonna get the code for the Metal Pack? or is this something that should be kept on the low.

[quote name='jp0213']Explain.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing by opening the gutted copies and copying down the redeem code. I don't hate Gamestop, so I won't be doing this. Wouldn't do it period, even though it is inviting..

bread's done
Back