Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I finally got around to grabbing the Queen pack after playing Borderlands all day yesterday.

It's pretty easy as far as guitar goes, but still really fun.

Also, The Point of Know Return is probably my favorite guitar song to play now. I highly recommend both Kansas songs and now the Queen pack.

Dragula has got to be the most oft-appearing licensed song in video games ever. Not sure how far back it goes, but I swear it appeared in an early Twisted Metal sequel as well as Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast.

Not a bad week, but it can't hold a candle to GH5's DLC for next week. Sigh.

Yeah Dragula and Superbeast are gonna be fun!!

Just tried the split-up versions of the Abbey Road Medley and it's interesting how some of them sound when they end. In particular, you can hear the "real" ending of Mean Mr. Mustard, which previously was just that jarring chopped chord at the beginning of Her Majesty. Fascinating!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Dragula has got to be the most oft-appearing licensed song in video games ever. Not sure how far back it goes, but I swear it appeared in an early Twisted Metal sequel as well as Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast.

Not a bad week, but it can't hold a candle to GH5's DLC for next week. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

If by Dragula, you mean "Woman" in regards to appearing in a crap ton of games, then yes, I agree, ;)

Say what you will about the over-using of Rob Zombie songs in games, but Twisted Metal 3 drove me to buy my first "real" album(and by that I mean "non-WWF: the Music Vol. 4" album), Hellbilly Deluxe. That album was/is/always will be my favorite metal album. I've got much love for Zombie.

HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT'S THIS ABOUT "HELLBILLY DELUXE 2" COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER?! Where the fuck have I been?! Is that where "Burn" is from?

[quote name='BlueSwim']Say what you will about the over-using of Rob Zombie songs in games, but Twisted Metal 3 drove me to buy my first "real" album(and by that I mean "non-WWF: the Music Vol. 4" album), Hellbilly Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

Test theme > Dragula

;)

[quote name='BlueSwim']HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT'S THIS ABOUT "HELLBILLY DELUXE 2" COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER?! Where the fuck have I been?! Is that where "Burn" is from?[/QUOTE]

"Burn" is on there, but apparently the album has been pushed back to 2010 according to Blabbermouth.net

[quote name='KaneRobot']Test theme > Dragula

;)
[/QUOTE]Someone once mentioned that the muffled lyrics in Test's music sounded like "really tall blond hair and a goatee." And from then on, that's all I ever heard.

Honestly I'd love to see "WWE Pack 01." Something like "Real American," "Metalingus (WWE Mix)," and whatever CM Punk's theme is called... I'd buy it and love it!

[quote name='jrt1138']"Burn" is on there, but apparently the album has been pushed back to 2010 according to Blabbermouth.net
[/QUOTE]Judging by some of those comments, I can understand why--though it's hard to tell if they're mostly haters or long-term fans.

Regardless of what they say, any Rob Zombie album bold enough to be called "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" has to be a day-1 purchase for me.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Someone once mentioned that the muffled lyrics in Test's music sounded like "really tall blond hair and a goatee." And from then on, that's all I ever heard.

Honestly I'd love to see "WWE Pack 01." Something like "Real American," "Metalingus (WWE Mix)," and whatever CM Punk's theme is called... I'd buy it and love it![/QUOTE]WHAT IS HEARD CAN'T BE UNHEARD!!!:lol::lol::lol:

If they did a WWE pack like that one and also released a Motorhead pack with "The Game", "King of Kings" & "Line in the Sand", it would be an amazing week of DLC.

Very cool on the Zombie tracks, but if Burn is anything like the 2 released songs from Hellbilly Deluxe 2 then I might be passing on that one.

On the topic of WWE music, what about the Disturbed version of Glass Shatters, the Stone Cold theme song. That was awesome. And how hillarious would it be to do vocals for, ahem, "If ya smelllllllllalalalala....."

Unfortunately, if they actually did this, we'd instead get the theme songs for, say, Kane and Randy Orton, and it would be lame.

I do give a thumbs up for the Motorhead WWE pack idea.

Holy shit, Dragula and Superbeast are definite buys. I'll have to see about the others.

Those songs always remind me of Jet Grind Radio

[quote name='mcgavin27']www.myrockbandsongs.com maybe?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I knew something like this existed but finally got around to making an account. Scrolling 350+ songs makes something to play hard for some folks who come over to play.

I finally played Guitar Hero World Tour the other day and holy shit...

That game blows so fucking hard. I cannot believe people actually like that hunk of junk and that it outsold Rock Band 2. The charts are off, and it feels like I am playing a flash game when I hit notes because they just disappear with absolutely no kind of effect to let you know you hit the note.

...damn that game sucks.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I finally played Guitar Hero World Tour the other day and holy shit...

That game blows so fucking hard. I cannot believe people actually like that hunk of junk and that it outsold Rock Band 2. The charts are off, and it feels like I am playing a flash game when I hit notes because they just disappear with absolutely no kind of effect to let you know you hit the note.

...damn that game sucks.[/QUOTE]

As far as GH is concern, the only ones this past year worthwhile were GH5 and GH:Metallica. The rest IMO sucked.

Blah sometimes XBOX live points get on my nerves. I had some points left over and then plunked down $20 for a 1600 card to get Abbey Road.

I really want to get the Queen Pack and I'm only 170 points away from it. I know I can buy 500 for 6.25 but I wish I could just buy the 170 I want. Oh well. Looking forward to both packs!

I'm glad I don't get so into the music games I know whether one sucks or not. I have enjoyed ALL of them. I'm not a big fan though, but I enjoy them, and so does my fiancee and my family, so that's all that matters to me.
I'm in for Dragula though, love that song. Brings back memories of Twisted Metal and Jet Grind Radio. XD

Finally busted the red pad on my RB1 drums. I bought the RB1 bundle when it first came out, got a replacement set from EA a month or two before Rock Band 2 came out, and they had survived my pounding of playing on expert since then. I would definitely like a new set, are there any deals on just a drum kit, and what's the preferred set available/ best drums for the price?

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Finally busted the red pad on my RB1 drums. I bought the RB1 bundle when it first came out, got a replacement set from EA a month or two before Rock Band 2 came out, and they had survived my pounding of playing on expert since then. I would definitely like a new set, are there any deals on just a drum kit, and what's the preferred set available/ best drums for the price?[/QUOTE]

I use the RB2 drums, and with Amazon's $40 credit, its not a bad price for them at all:

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-X36...DKIKX0DER&s=videogames&qid=1256653376&sr=1-87

Odd question: was Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" ever offered as a free download? It's been on my hard drive forever but I honestly have no recollection of how it got there.

[quote name='tgk2044']I use the RB2 drums, and with Amazon's $40 credit, its not a bad price for them at all:

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-X36...DKIKX0DER&s=videogames&qid=1256653376&sr=1-87[/QUOTE]If Amazon would drop the price to $50 from $90, I would grab it, but they're charging $40 more than the Wii and Playstation set, I guess because it's included in the promotion. Beach Audio is selling it for $54, plus $15 shipping, and it's not valid for the credit, so it's a no go there. They have the original RB drums that I just broke for $30, so I might grab that, although I wanted to do an upgrade out of this mess. I'll try and hold out for a RB2 drum kit in the $30-$50 range.

[quote name='Corvin']Simple Man was never free.[/QUOTE]haha what... I guess some a-hole must have bought it without asking me then. Or perhaps I was mashing some buttons in a sleepy drunken haze? Damn!

I mean it's an alright song but I don't even have a passing familiarity with it outside of RockBand... lol, I'd love to know what happened there. :p

Also, people at parties see that song in the list and invariably start complaining that Sweet Home Alabama isn't in there.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']If Amazon would drop the price to $50 from $90, I would grab it, but they're charging $40 more than the Wii and Playstation set, I guess because it's included in the promotion. Beach Audio is selling it for $54, plus $15 shipping, and it's not valid for the credit, so it's a no go there. They have the original RB drums that I just broke for $30, so I might grab that, although I wanted to do an upgrade out of this mess. I'll try and hold out for a RB2 drum kit in the $30-$50 range.[/QUOTE]

The RB2 kit is significantly better than the RB1 kit, so I would definitely hold out if you can.

[quote name='BustaUppa']haha what... I guess some a-hole must have bought it without asking me then. Or perhaps I was mashing some buttons in a sleepy drunken haze? Damn!

I mean it's an alright song but I don't even have a passing familiarity with it outside of RockBand... lol, I'd love to know what happened there. :p

Also, people at parties see that song in the list and invariably start complaining that Sweet Home Alabama isn't in there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've mistakenly brought up a purchase screen a couple times because the dash starts on that stupid Spotlight tab. First button is always something on the Marketplace. I'm surprised I haven't unintentionally bought anything.

How can someone be unfamiliar with Simple Man? Shinedown did a hell of a cover recently.

I bought Simple Man but didn't find it fun to play, it just kind of goes on and on and on to nowhere....ymmv of course.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Odd question: was Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" ever offered as a free download? It's been on my hard drive forever but I honestly have no recollection of how it got there.[/QUOTE]

Track Pack 2, maybe?

[quote name='CombatCraig']Blah sometimes XBOX live points get on my nerves. I had some points left over and then plunked down $20 for a 1600 card to get Abbey Road.

I really want to get the Queen Pack and I'm only 170 points away from it. I know I can buy 500 for 6.25 but I wish I could just buy the 170 I want. Oh well. Looking forward to both packs![/QUOTE]

If you buy points through the Zune website or software, you can get them in increments of 400. That doesn't help much, but it is $1.25 cheaper.

I got the Rob Zombie pack, and as excited as I am about Hellbilly Deluxe 2, maybe Rock Band isn't the best place to debut a song; I missed so many notes in it the first time that I couldn't tell if it was a good song or not.

Hey everyone, I had a question about the Rock Band Track Packs. Are the export codes that come with them one-time use only? I want to pick up Track Pack 1, 2, AC/DC and the Classic Rock pack, and was wondering if I'd be SOL if I picked them up used or on eBay or something, or if the codes will still work. I see AC/DC is one-time use, but wasn't sure about the others. Thanks!

[quote name='Mizzou75']Hey everyone, I had a question about the Rock Band Track Packs. Are the export codes that come with them one-time use only? I want to pick up Track Pack 1, 2, AC/DC and the Classic Rock pack, and was wondering if I'd be SOL if I picked them up used or on eBay or something, or if the codes will still work. I see AC/DC is one-time use, but wasn't sure about the others. Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes one time use only

[quote name='BustaUppa']Odd question: was Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" ever offered as a free download? It's been on my hard drive forever but I honestly have no recollection of how it got there.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember it being part of a half-price promotion sponsored by McDonalds. It was like 2 songs a week on sale for a month. I picked up a Faith No More track and maybe one other one. It was a long time ago, before RB2 for sure.

EDIT: Dammit, I was wrong. That was "Gimme Three Steps."

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingDox']I wonder if this will force Harmonix to put this game on the potential DLC list they must have.[/QUOTE]
Not that I'll dl it, but I wonder what happened to that long ago announced Snoop Dogg DLC.

bread's done
Back