Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='2DMention']How will that work when you export to RB3 I wonder? Will you have to re-export RB1?[/QUOTE]
I Doubt it because if that was the case would have to re-export basically everything else. Only real question I have is if Rock Band 3 has a new graphics and animation engine is how it will handle all the DLC and exports.

Though I'm eager to hopefully export Rock Band 2 songs and see how much more songs are in library by then.

[quote name='2DMention']How will that work when you export to RB3 I wonder? Will you have to re-export RB1?[/QUOTE]I doubt it. All regular DLC is actually stored on the Xbox as RB1 data. Since it's basically a given that RB3 will use those files in the same way as RB2 and LEGO RB, I don't see why any re-exporting would be needed.

Seether - "Remedy"
Demon Hunter - "Collapsing"
MxPX - "One Step Further"
All that Remains - "Days Without"

Appear to have been added to RBN store.

[quote name='shieryda']Seether - "Remedy"
Demon Hunter - "Collapsing"
MxPX - "One Step Further"
All that Remains - "Days Without"

Appear to have been added to RBN store.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, about time for some Seether.

[quote name='ZForce915']I checked that Third Eye Blind re-release song out and man it sounds terrible. I'm bummed out.[/QUOTE]

I thought so too, but I couldn't resist it... it sounds like a bad mp3 really.

Now we need some DEP before the new CD comes out

And my one wish song that won't happen... He is Legend - I Am Hollywood

Next week:[quote name='HMXKat']

• X – “Blue Spark” +
• X – “The Hungry Wolf”
• X – “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts”
• X – “Los Angeles”
• Little Fish – “Am I Crazy” +
• Little Fish – “Bang Bang” *
• Little Fish – “Darling Dear” *
• Ace Frehley – “Outer Space”
• Carrie Underwood – “All-American Girl” +
• OneRepublic – “Stop & Stare” +[/quote]http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3576704#post3576704

EDIT: Apparently "Am I Crazy" is free and the other two Little Fish tracks are a dollar. Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo, am I missing something or is the RBN pretty clunky to navigate? Although really all they are missing is a search all feature so I don't have to select each letter to see what bands are available.

[quote name='ZForce915']Sooo, am I missing something or is the RBN pretty clunky to navigate? Although really all they are missing is a search all feature so I don't have to select each letter to see what bands are available.[/QUOTE]At this point, browsing by country might be easiest. You can view 100 tracks at a time (only applies to USA right now since the other countries only have a few tracks) and they are sorted by artist.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I wouldn't mind the somewhat awkward interface if it were a little faster. Hopefully RB3 improves on that a little.[/QUOTE]True that. For something that was patched and shoehorned into an old game, it isn't half bad. One can only imagine how slick it will be in a game that was designed from the ground up with it in mind.

[quote name='ZForce915']Sooo, am I missing something or is the RBN pretty clunky to navigate? Although really all they are missing is a search all feature so I don't have to select each letter to see what bands are available.[/QUOTE]

I found it easiest to check on RockBand.com Song List (since you can easily sort it) and link directly to the xbox.com marketplace and purchase there.

This week I will get the free song.

[quote name='lordopus99']I found it easiest to check on RockBand.com Song List (since you can easily sort it) and link directly to the xbox.com marketplace and purchase there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I always use the link in the OP and just buy off the .com marketplace (plus, you can buy songs on there before they are in the in-game store). I usually buy songs at work, so when I go home and turn my Box on it downloads them right away.

If they managed to add a preview function to the rockband.com list, I'd probably never use the in-game store again.

[quote name='jonathanp']I didn't see any noticable differences besides the vocals.. Probably getting both anyway.[/QUOTE]
I thought I missed something, but the "I don't give a crap about whales so go and hug a tree" line wasn't in there. That makes me sad. However, it's still damn funny. I have to play it...downloaded it the other day but haven't pulled myself away from MW2 and BC2 yet to play it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I always use the link in the OP and just buy off the .com marketplace (plus, you can buy songs on there before they are in the in-game store). I usually buy songs at work, so when I go home and turn my Box on it downloads them right away.

If they managed to add a preview function to the rockband.com list, I'd probably never use the in-game store again.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize we could do this. Thanks for telling us!

They put a Carrie Underwood song and it's "All-American Girl"??? "Cowboy Casanova", "Last Name", or "Before He Cheats" would have been much better choices.

They need to put Orianthi "According To You" on the game since her video is an homage to Rock Band / Guitar Hero.

[quote name='ZForce915']I checked that Third Eye Blind re-release song out and man it sounds terrible. I'm bummed out.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is this really redundant?

Has anybody seen a list of RBN songs available to creators and currently being reviewed? At best, I've seen a list of potential artists and songs, but nothing about where any of them are in the review process.

[quote name='erectiontown']how do those clutch songs play?[/QUOTE]
I haven't purchased them. Try the demos?

Come on RBN, give me something surprising and awesome for my birthday, purleeeeeeeeeeeze....
*Edit* - Didn't happen. But that Little Fish song in the regular music store is a decent freebee.

Need. Moar. POINTS! seriously, rbn is gonna drive me to bankruptcy. I can't not DL these songs!

Edlit: Is the Rock Band Music Store down for anyone else? It keeps saying I can't connect. wtf? I can purchase songs through the marketplace, but can't connect to the store through the app or whatever you wanna call it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']*Edit* - Didn't happen. But that Little Fish song in the regular music store is a decent freebee.[/QUOTE]
Who wants a Little Fish? Gimme a Reel Big Fish!:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='erectiontown']how do those clutch songs play?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the one playthrough of "50,000 Unstoppable Watts". didn't get a chance to try the other one. But then again, I really like Clutch, anyways.

Looks like I'll get a little reprieve this week from downloading anything new. I still have quite a few unplayed songs from the past few months of purchasing.

Pimping alert!

My friend's band Stewart just had their song "Dance With Me" go up on Rock Band Network. I did the album art and it's sort of a theme song for my comic "The Mighty Skullboy Army." Stewart has really catchy songs and "Dance With Me" has a really fun guitar track to play. I'd be saying this even if I wasn't tangentially involved. Anyway, try it out and see for yourself! It's only a buck! Cheap!

http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001677

Thanks!

End Pimping!

Seriously, what the hell is up with this bullshit!? I can play any other game fine online, but cannot connect to the rock band music store either through the stand alone app or in game. In game it just sits there saying it's trying to connect to rock central. I don't think it's my internet/port forwarding etc, as I played a decent chunk of perfect dark online last night with some friends.

Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

Yesterday was (I think) the first day since launch that the RBN on the main website list didn't have any updates. OMG fuck YOU HARMONIX!!!!!!11

Really doe - we're getting spoiled with DLC at this point. I check the list like 3 times a day now waiting for updates to trickle out.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yesterday was (I think) the first day since launch that the RBN on the main website list didn't have any updates. OMG fuck YOU HARMONIX!!!!!!11

Really doe - we're getting spoiled with DLC at this point. I check the list like 3 times a day now waiting for updates to trickle out.[/QUOTE]

Issues.;)

Whole lotta Jimi Hendrix next week: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...th-full-axis-album-more-exclusives-to-follow/
Axis: Bold As Love hits XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii on March 30th, with the PlayStation 3 release following on April 1st. The songs — only the musique concrete opener “EXP” is excised from the track list — will be available both as an album and standalone tracks. Check out the first slate of Hendrix tracks coming to Rock Band (and LEGO Rock Band, with the exception of “Up From the Skies” and “Valleys of Neptune”):

“Up From the Skies”
“Spanish Castle Magic”
“Wait Until Tomorrow”
“Ain’t No Telling”
“Little Wing”
“If 6 Was 9″
“You Got Me Floatin’”
“Castles Made of Sand”
“She’s So Fine”
“One Rainy Wish”
“Little Miss Lover”
“Bold As Love”
“Valleys of Neptune”

[quote name='jacobchabot']Pimping alert!

My friend's band Stewart just had their song "Dance With Me" go up on Rock Band Network. I did the album art and it's sort of a theme song for my comic "The Mighty Skullboy Army." Stewart has really catchy songs and "Dance With Me" has a really fun guitar track to play. I'd be saying this even if I wasn't tangentially involved. Anyway, try it out and see for yourself! It's only a buck! Cheap!

http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001677

Thanks!

End Pimping![/QUOTE]

Whoa! :hot: I bought "The Mighty Skullboy Army" a couple years back, and really enjoyed it. It's amazing to find out that the comic's creator is a fellow CAG!

I'm not much of a follower of Hendrix, but that is a pretty awesome get for Rock Band. I'm actually pretty surprised they didn't save something like this for RB3's launch, but I suppose the sooner the better. The RS article indicates that more will be on the way later. There's not much from that list I want, but there are a bunch of songs of his I'd pick up if they bring more of the catalog in.
[quote name='shieryda']Issues.;)[/QUOTE]
You damn right!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Seriously, what the hell is up with this bullshit!? I can play any other game fine online, but cannot connect to the rock band music store either through the stand alone app or in game. In game it just sits there saying it's trying to connect to rock central. I don't think it's my internet/port forwarding etc, as I played a decent chunk of perfect dark online last night with some friends.

Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?[/QUOTE]Weird, I have had problems where RBN kicked me out as soon as I tried to browse the songs, but it worked fine when I tried it a couple days later. Are you able to use the marketplace website at least?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Weird, I have had problems where RBN kicked me out as soon as I tried to browse the songs, but it worked fine when I tried it a couple days later. Are you able to use the marketplace website at least?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can use the online (from PC) marketplace, as well as the marketplace on the 360. It's just when I use my RockBand 2 disc to try to access the store, or the Rock Band Music Store app you can dl (like the GH VIP pass, which works, btw) that I can't access. I've tried deleting my cache too, incase it was an issue with an update, and no such luck. Can't get connected to play against people in it either.

It's not a huge issue, as I can get the regular DLC, but rockband network songs aren't available in the marketplace :(

OH HELLS YEAH!!!! Thank you so much! I thought the only way to access the RBN songs was through the in game marketplace. THANK YOU!

Oh. My. fucking. God. I will buy anything and everything Hendrix in Rock Band. Axis: Bold As Love is such a fantastic album, can't wait to sing Spanish Castle Magic.

bread's done
Back