Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Anyone ever have trouble hitting the really low notes? I have a deep voice and can hit high notes (despite my voice not being able to go high at all) but even with easy songs like Say It Ain't So, I can't ever get the low notes.

Also, I need more songs to sing. What are some of your favorites to sing to? Right now I'm liking Sex on Fire the most.

[quote name='Yamato']Anyone ever have trouble hitting the really low notes? I have a deep voice and can hit high notes (despite my voice not being able to go high at all) but even with easy songs like Say It Ain't So, I can't ever get the low notes.

Also, I need more songs to sing. What are some of your favorites to sing to? Right now I'm liking Sex on Fire the most.[/QUOTE]
Don't think I've ever had a problem, but when I have a chance I'll give it a shot.

I wish they'd release some Type O and make it so you get like a 12x multiplier if you match Peter's pitch AND octave on the ridiculously low sections.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I need the 90 seconds of Overdrive as well, I should be able to get on anytime after Wednesday. I can help with the Savior achievement too, if we can get one more person.[/QUOTE]

I will join in to help with that, just send me a friend request. I find Epic is a really good song to try to get the 90 seconds of Overdrive with, as the guitarist can keep overdrive going for a really long time alone.

I love Coheed, but I wish they would have released stuff like "Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow", "A Favor House Atlantic", "The Suffering", "Once Upon Your Dead Body", "The Final Cut", "No World For Tomorrow", and (however unlikely) "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3".... just to name a few.

A Favor House Atlantic is already out as DLC, but yeah, I'd like to see some of those songs as well. Also, I'd love to see some Second Stage Turbine Blade DLC.

It is? Man, I need points. And how did I miss that? Apparently, "The Running Free" is on there as well. I thought the only song of theirs that had been released was "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)", and that one was a cover.

Question for the group. What guitar do you use for Rock Band? I've been using my GH:WT guitar for a while, but I feel like it is getting old and worn out. I'm considering getting another one and I'm wondering if I could get a GH:WT guitar or a GH5 guitar. I have the RB2 guitar but I don't use it that often. My GH3 guitar has a wonky overdrive sensor so I have trouble using that.

[quote name='ZForce915']Question for the group. What guitar do you use for Rock Band? I've been using my GH:WT guitar for a while, but I feel like it is getting old and worn out. I'm considering getting another one and I'm wondering if I could get a GH:WT guitar or a GH5 guitar. I have the RB2 guitar but I don't use it that often. My GH3 guitar has a wonky overdrive sensor so I have trouble using that.[/QUOTE]
I primarily use a GH3:Les Paul and a GH:WT-caster. More so the WT-caster lately, since I got it back in November for practically nothing. I have to say I prefer them over the RB1 guitars, and even the RB2 guitars, including the wireless one.
I've fixed/tightened/modified based on the guides from 5Frets.com, and they're effing awesome now. They strum fast, easy, and more accurately after adjusting the angles of the switches for the strum bar. Fixed a sticking/non registering red fret button on my Les Paul too. I picked up one of the Kobalt Torx screwdriver sets from Lowes for $6, and never looked back. It really takes about 20 minutes to open it up, adjust, test, and close it back up.

Really have grown to like the RB2 guitar, mostly due to the size. The lack of "click" on the strum bar has actually grown to become what I prefer now. Too bad that really fancy wood one isn't still on sale at Amazon.

Plus I've had two Les Pauls fail on me - probably the same problem you had (tilt sensor got completely out of whack, activating on its own and being extremely difficult to activate intentionally).

Only stuff I'll say to explicity avoid are RB1 guitars and the Beatles guitars. The latter are ok as far as actual control but the shapes are really awkward if you're sitting.

[quote name='ZForce915']Question for the group. What guitar do you use for Rock Band? I've been using my GH:WT guitar for a while, but I feel like it is getting old and worn out. I'm considering getting another one and I'm wondering if I could get a GH:WT guitar or a GH5 guitar. I have the RB2 guitar but I don't use it that often. My GH3 guitar has a wonky overdrive sensor so I have trouble using that.[/QUOTE]
The wooden Strat from MadCatz. It weighs alot more then average guitar, but the frets and the small bit clickly strum make it all worth it. That and it doesn't make me feel like I'm playing a plastic instrument at all. Plus I got a wireless bass as well, but that thing drains batteries like no other guitar.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Really have grown to like the RB2 guitar, mostly due to the size. The lack of "click" on the strum bar has actually grown to become what I prefer now. Too bad that really fancy wood one isn't still on sale at Amazon.

Plus I've had two Les Pauls fail on me - probably the same problem you had (tilt sensor got completely out of whack, activating on its own and being extremely difficult to activate intentionally).

Only stuff I'll say to explicity avoid are RB1 guitars and the Beatles guitars. The latter are ok as far as actual control but the shapes are really awkward if you're sitting.[/QUOTE]
Check out this scorehero.com thread, on adjusting tilt on the Les Paul. Could be salvaged if you still have it...

Also...the ScoreHero master mod/repair thread. Good shit here...
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17492

The GH2 X-plorer, baby! It was the first, and it's the best!!!

[quote name='Ronin317']Check out this scorehero.com thread, on adjusting tilt on the Les Paul. Could be salvaged if you still have it...

Also...the ScoreHero master mod/repair thread. Good shit here...
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17492[/QUOTE]

Oh nice - I had researched it over a year ago and everything I saw basically said "you're screwed." Thanks, I'll check it out!

And yeah, the GH2 X-plorer is pretty good, probably my favorite of the GH guitars, although it's wired so it loses a few points with me.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']The GH2 X-plorer, baby! It was the first, and it's the best!!![/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartly with this statement.

It's the one I use as well.

[quote name='lordopus99']I agree wholeheartly with this statement.

It's the one I use as well.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the GH2 guitar owns. Its dirt cheap too.

I think I'm one of the few people that actually likes (Or at least has had very few problems with) the RB1 guitar. Yes, I did have to send it in for replacement early on in it's life, but since then, I've had no problems.

I like how close the buttons on the neck are to each other. Until I had the RB1 guitar, I could never play above medium, now I can occasionally play on hard. I'm not very good, but at least I can make an attempt.

Plus, I like the quiet strum bar, and I actually prefer may guitar controller being wired. I know it's silly, but I like the imagery of 'plugging in' before I commence with the rocking. :)

GH3 all the way. Don't like the smaller buttons on the GH2 (though it's prolly my second choice), and hate the strum bars on RB1 and GH:WT guitars. The latter 2 are just too mushy, and I'm too lazy to mod em. Solo buttons on all guitars are practically useless gimmicks anyway.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']The GH2 X-plorer, baby! It was the first, and it's the best!!![/QUOTE]
I had 3 defective ones before I got one that worked. Now...I liked the shape, but the neck was so small for my monster paws that it was uncomfy after about 20 minutes of playing.

I use the RB2 guitar and the wired Bass replica. I can play on hard now.

? about Lego RB. Got it at slightly sub ebay prices at the Movie Gallery sale with a flawless disc and (I'm xing my fingers) an export code.

I went straight to the store and tried to export. It gave me an error message. Do I have to unlock all the songs first?

Also, I played Story of My Life and I noticed it seemed easier when I play it in LRB as opposed to RB2. Does LRB make it easier or something?

[quote name='Ronin317']I had 3 defective ones before I got one that worked. Now...I liked the shape, but the neck was so small for my monster paws that it was uncomfy after about 20 minutes of playing.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, when it came out it definitely had its issues. But now you can buy them and they're g2g. Not to mention dirt cheap!!!

The wired factor isn't a big deal to me, and I actually prefer the smaller neck. The GH3 guitar I felt had too thick of a neck and after 3 songs my hand was pretty tight. But different strokes, for different folks!

[quote name='Yamato']What are some good songs to buy for 80 points? I already have Gone and Re: Your Brains.[/QUOTE]

Bang Camero - Push Push (Lady Lightning) - this is my favorite 80 pt track

I also liked Morningwood - Sugarbaby.

I Liked "Damone - Roll The Dice" alot. Other then that "Top Back" by Alias Unknown is rap and is so out of place that I love it since guitar is basically playing flute and chimes.

[quote name='Yamato']What are some good songs to buy for 80 points? I already have Gone and Re: Your Brains.[/QUOTE]

I got two words, baby. Sponge...Bob; 'nuff said.

Hey gang,

There's three singles coming your way next week, in the form of a sweet 90's hit, the much rumored return of an RB1 band and a super teen pop track about a British television show with creepy marionettes... what more could you ask for?! This marks the debut of Silverchair and Busted in the RB library, and we're thrilled to have them.

Also, as a quick addendum to reassure any Chicken Littles out there, by this point most everyone knows that 3 tracks in a week isn't the norm and it isn't going to be. We've got loads more content in the pipeline, tons of awesome RBN tracks that are now coming out on the Xbox360 AND the PS3 (please see this thread for more details), GD:RB on shelves in a little over a month and more RB3 news coming your way soon. Rest assured, we've got plenty of content coming (in addition to the 1,338 songs already available) that will rock your socks off. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (April 27) and PlayStation 3 system (April 29):

Busted – “Thunderbirds Are Go!”
Flyleaf – “Again”
Silverchair – “Tomorrow”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

[quote name='KaneRobot']I can't remember the last time we had a week with just three tracks. Probably back in the RB1 days. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Let alone the lack of quality of the 3...

[quote name='DJP519']Maybe the team is working on coding songs for RB3, so less time to work on DLC?[/QUOTE]Quite possible. The basic gist of that announcement post was "DON'T WORRY this is only happening because we're working on a ton of stuff!!"

In for Silverchair.

I saw that there was a Rock Band Live tour coming... I wonder if the artists (Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, the Cab, Plain White Ts) part of it will get more songs into rock band... I wouldn't mind some more Dashboard Confessional...

Definitely down for Silverchair. Wasn't Tomorrow in GHIV though? I think I remember getting that as a freebie. They could have had their own pack instead of a single.

Also in for Silverchair if it isn't already in GH. I DL'd all the freebies, but haven't played that steaming pile of a game since DLing, so... idk.

Regarding Spongebob, "Riding the Hook" is pretty Ramones-like. Cool song. I can't comment on difficulty as I'm not an expert, but the song is fun.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Also in for Silverchair if it isn't already in GH. I DL'd all the freebies, but haven't played that steaming pile of a game since DLing, so... idk.[/QUOTE]

I checked wiki and it was available as DLC in GH:WT. I think I got it free as part of some promotion.

[quote name='2DMention']
I can't remember, is that Silverchair's big song?[/QUOTE]

Breakthrough, yes. Biggest, maybe. Anthem for the year 2000 was pretty big at the time. They actually had quite a few songs that got decent radio play over the years(Pure Massacre, Freak, Abuse Me, Ana's Song(open fire). Personally i'd kill for Straight Lines. One of my favorite tunes of the decade.

bread's done
Back