Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='grundy']
If that request worked, maybe they will have Lita Ford's "Kiss Me Deadly" down the road, too.[/QUOTE]
It won't be the same without someone grinding against a giant block of ice.

Played through the Black Ops campaign and played about 6 hours of multiplayer, than came back to this game. I even whipped out my old GH2 guitar and RB1 drums.

Take a break from music games for a year and I come crawling back :)

So any opinions on the best non-premium guitar out right now? My Rock Band 1 guitar finally broke for good, all I have now is my GH3 guitar which I like but is getting old.

The GH WOR guitar looks incredibly stupid but anyone have any opinions on the actual functionality of GHWOR vs RB3 guitars vs whatever else is out there that isn't super expensive?

People are sleeping on Tragedy, but that is probably going to be the most fun song to play in the pack.

And I know that they only wrote it, but the Grease Theme would be an awesome song to include in a second Bee Gee's pack.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Played through the Black Ops campaign and played about 6 hours of multiplayer, than came back to this game. I even whipped out my old GH2 guitar and RB1 drums.

Take a break from music games for a year and I come crawling back :)[/QUOTE]

I've had to use my GHII controller, unfortunately. I hate the Rock Band 1 guitar. I prefer the GHIII Les Paul to everything else, even if both the ones I own activate star power automatically without me wanting them to. But, with RB3, the game doesn't recognize 1/4 of the notes I hit with the LP. I tried recalibrating several times. The Xplorer works fine.

The GH5 guitar is pretty solid. You may be able to find a GH5 bundle on clearance at a local target for $22.48, but YMMV of course. Haven't tried the new GH:WOR guitar.

Hot damn! They are bringing it with the dlc. Definitely in for Deftones and BB King. I can't wait to get my copy of RB3 from Goozex...

Amazon had a pretty good deal on the keytar this week (almost $10 off).

Also, I would "unfriend" that dude in the video in post #4801.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked up Whiter Shade of Pale and had an "O THAT song" moment. Totally in for it plus Night Fever and Stayin' Alive.

Still in love with how great the characters look in this game. The design team did an outstanding job with lighting and materials. Leather looks like leather, denim looks like denim, et al.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Still in love with how great the characters look in this game. The design team did an outstanding job with lighting and materials. Leather looks like leather, denim looks like denim, et al.[/QUOTE]

The girls in bikinis look hot enough to masterbate to, too.
Well, maybe not

[quote name='2DMention']The girls in bikinis look hot enough to masterbate to, too.
Well, maybe not
[/QUOTE]

When someone mentioned Lita Ford, this is the first thing that popped into my head.

Anyone still own Rock Band 1 and want to do the online versus achievements?

Also, anyone have the Platinum Artist RB1 achievement and is generous enough to pass on Riding on Coattails? I'll repay the favor with some other achievement if possible.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Anyone still own Rock Band 1 and want to do the online versus achievements?

Also, anyone have the Platinum Artist RB1 achievement and is generous enough to pass on Riding on Coattails? I'll repay the favor with some other achievement if possible.[/QUOTE]
I Got that one, if you can ever catch me online one of these days sure. Though give me a heads up notice since I never calibrated Rock Band 1 for my HDTV.

Also quick I need a corny music fix for keys. Which should I choose? Beegee's bundle or Bon Jovi bundle?

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got that one, if you can ever catch me online one of these days sure. Though give me a heads up notice since I never calibrated Rock Band 1 for my HDTV.

Also quick I need a corny music fix for keys. Which should I choose? Beegee's bundle or Bon Jovi bundle?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't buy the whole bundle of either, probably mix and match a few from both if you want your cornball/nostalgia fix. I bought three of the Bon Jovi tracks and I'm about to probably grab Tragedy and Stayin' Alive. If you've gotta pick one though, Bee Gees.

[quote name='bardockkun']You Should Be Dancing has a bass solo. That kinda seals it for me.[/QUOTE]

Just watched an expert bass run. As a bassist, I don't know why I don't have this song downloaded yet.

Ha I hate that song...2-thumbed it. So boring.

Then again, I fucking flipped out after remembering how awesome "Tragedy" was last night while playing, so to each their own.

Say what you want about Bon Jovi, but playing "Runaway" on hard pro keys is fun as hell. Also, "Nights on Broadway" just needs to be subtitled The Barry Gibb Talk Show at this point. I'll never think of it the same way ever again.

"Talkin bout chest hair. Talkin bout crazy, cool medallions."

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ha I hate that song...2-thumbed it. So boring.

Then again, I fucking flipped out after remembering how awesome "Tragedy" was last night while playing, so to each their own.[/QUOTE]

A lot of songs are easy to full combo but some are very fun to play like The Con, but I guess it all comes down to music preference. Saying that, Caught In A Mosh is still the most enjoyable song in the game to me.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']I know it's a ways away, but I'm getting really pumped for the Billy Joel DLC!! Anybody else with me?? :D[/QUOTE]

>fist bump

[quote name='BigPopov']So any opinions on the best non-premium guitar out right now? My Rock Band 1 guitar finally broke for good, all I have now is my GH3 guitar which I like but is getting old.

The GH WOR guitar looks incredibly stupid but anyone have any opinions on the actual functionality of GHWOR vs RB3 guitars vs whatever else is out there that isn't super expensive?[/QUOTE]

See if you can find a deal on a Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar.

[quote name='GhostShark']A lot of songs are easy to full combo but some are very fun to play like The Con, but I guess it all comes down to music preference. Saying that, Caught In A Mosh is still the most enjoyable song in the game to me.[/QUOTE]
Any Anthrax song in my opinion is always enjoyable. Even still besides that the whole setlist has turned out to be alot more fun then I thought after playing through everything. That and that goddamn Ida Maria "Oh My God" song is the most catchy thing ever. I Don't know how many times I sing that to myself aloud now.

[quote name='bardockkun']Any Anthrax song in my opinion is always enjoyable. Even still besides that the whole setlist has turned out to be alot more fun then I thought after playing through everything. That and that goddamn Ida Maria "Oh My God" song is the most catchy thing ever. I Don't know how many times I sing that to myself aloud now.[/QUOTE]

I agree about "Oh My God". I never ever heard of her before and the song is fun. Sort of (at least to me) how the icarly song "Headphones On" was in the Rock Band 2 free DLC pack.

[quote name='JStryke']I agree about "Oh My God". I never ever heard of her before and the song is fun. Sort of (at least to me) how the icarly song "Headphones On" was in the Rock Band 2 free DLC pack.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed playing "Headphones On" on drums, stupidly catchy.

[quote name='gbeenie']See if you can find a deal on a Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar.[/QUOTE]
No, definitely not. Skip the WT one. The plectrum switches are different and they glitch/break/double strum too easily. IMHO the best is still the Xplorer if you can find one, or a wireless RB2 Strat.

I keep having the game freeze, but only during that loading screen where the roadies are pushing that box down the ramp. Is this happening to anybody else? If so, I'd like to coin the term "ramp of death."

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I keep having the game freeze, but only during that loading screen where the roadies are pushing that box down the ramp. Is this happening to anybody else? If so, I'd like to coin the term "ramp of death."[/QUOTE]

I have had it happen at that exact moment, yes. Only once though. So far.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I keep having the game freeze, but only during that loading screen where the roadies are pushing that box down the ramp. Is this happening to anybody else? If so, I'd like to coin the term "ramp of death."[/QUOTE]

I've had it happen. Sometimes I can play for hours without it happening, but it also happened SIX times in a row. Very aggravating. It almost always happens playing keys, but it happened once with guitar.

[quote name='bardockkun']That and that goddamn Ida Maria "Oh My God" song is the most catchy thing ever. I Don't know how many times I sing that to myself aloud now.[/QUOTE]

When I first heard it, I thought she said "fuck you for my life, fuck you." Finally sang it and noticed the real words but I still sing the other way :lol:

[quote name='kyattsuai']I keep having the game freeze, but only during that loading screen where the roadies are pushing that box down the ramp. Is this happening to anybody else? If so, I'd like to coin the term "ramp of death."[/QUOTE]

I get it as well. I have happen a few times. I can't find a correlation outside of the load screen as it has happened while playing mic, drums, and keys for me.

Lastly, I am also one of those in the boat that Antibodies is really the antichrist. That song is atrocious.

I too have had this happen to me at least twice, probably more like 3 or even 4 times. Really frustrating after making a whole setlist only to have the game lock up on you, lol.

I've had it happen on every instrument, but only after playing for like an hour or so.

And sorry to double post, but John Lennon's "'Imagine" has been announced as full album DLC next week.

• Crippled Inside
  • Jealous Guy
  • It’s So Hard
  • I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier Mama I Don’t Wanna Die
  • Gimme Some Truth
  • Oh My Love
  • How Do You Sleep?
  • How?
  • Oh Yoko!

[quote name='bardockkun']And sorry to double post, but John Lennon's "'Imagine" has been announced as full album DLC next week.

• Crippled Inside
  • Jealous Guy
  • It’s So Hard
  • Gimme Some Truth
  • Oh My Love
  • How Do You Sleep?
  • How?
  • Oh Yoko!
[/QUOTE]

I think I'd have rather had a John Lennon "Best Of" pack. "Cold Turkey" would be awesome.

[quote name='Matt Young']I was just listening to Straylight Run, and it got me thinking- Rock Band needs some Straylight Run.[/QUOTE]

I would kill for it, just a little bit.

The roadie crash is a widely known issue at the Rock Band 3 forums though Harmonix has said nothing about it yet.

Also, apparently the game can corrupt your data if the last set of your Road Challenge has a song or artist name is more than 32 characters long. One or the other.

Back up your saves.

Already beat all the Road Challenges. I'm fine and dandy like sour candy on that regard.

Oh and a quick fix for the ramp of death is after you select your song and on the choose difficulty portion of it, wait a second or two instead of just rapidly hitting A/green.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if anyone has asked something similar yet, but what have you guys been buying from the Rock Band Network? I don't have very many songs, but there are quite a bit I want that I'm holding off on, either because of pricing, difficulty, or bad charting. Here's what I do have though:

Between the Buried and Me - Obfuscation
Bibleblack - I Am Legion
Bornholm - Where the Light was Born
The Devil Wears Prada - Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over / HTML Rulez D00D
Drowning Pool - Bodies
iwrestledabearonce - You Ain't No Family
Suicide Silence - Disengage / Wake Up

Just got some MS points (from the October promotion) so I finally converted my RB 1 & 2 tracks to RB3 WHOO HOO!!! I got to play Evile last night......and failed it LOL! I'm glad no one used my code since I traded the game in.

[quote name='lolwut?']
iwrestledabearonce - You Ain't No Family[/QUOTE]
Holy shit that song is FUN as hell on guitar! The hammer on's and pull off's remind me almost of "Cult of Personality" in GH3. "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" is holy shit pain in the ass though meaning it will kick your ass. Though the noises in the songs (like car horn and horse neighing) are done on vocals for beter or worse.

RBN wise I got like 53 songs.

And sorry to double post, but John Lennon's "'Imagine" has been announced as full album DLC next week.

• Crippled Inside
  • Jealous Guy
  • It’s So Hard
  • Gimme Some Truth
  • Oh My Love
  • How Do You Sleep?
  • How?
  • Oh Yoko!
Not interested in anything. When are we gonna get some newish stuff that has keys? Like new wave or something? I bet the week after next will be Billy Joel

When is RBN 2.0 supposed to be around? Hopefully they'll be lots of industrial, New wave/dark wave/synthpop with keys.

bread's done
Back