Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Awesome, I've been wanting Tuesday's Gone forever.

I read somewhere that the Creedence pack is going to be $5 on Friday. I didn't see an official statement but it makes sense considering that Amazon has Chronicle(20 songs) on sale for $2. I bought it day one for $20 and don't have any regrets. Definitely one of my favorite packs in the game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I bought Bulletproof with the hope of keys, that is great news.

Also last time Axl got pissed we got Chinese Democracy. Him getting pissed is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I phrased that wrong. I just meant that since the synthy parts are mapped to guitar, you could try them out on keyboard.

I want more *real* GNR, whether it's Appitite or Use Your Illusion stuff. Chinese Democracy is a joke, it's an Axl solo project, but he owns the rights to the band name. Some of the Use Your Illusion songs would be epic with the keyboard.

Also, first I've heard of that Credence DLC sale rumor. Hope that's legit.

[quote name='DJP519']I want more *real* GNR, whether it's Appitite or Use Your Illusion stuff. Chinese Democracy is a joke, it's an Axl solo project, but he owns the rights to the band name. Some of the Use Your Illusion songs would be epic with the keyboard.

Also, first I've heard of that Credence DLC sale rumor. Hope that's legit.[/QUOTE]

I can see some people not liking the new album, but Chinese Democracy has some of the funnest guitar charts you'll play in this game.

-

Ugh, I gotta learn to watch youtube vids of songs before I buy them. I bought Burning Down the House yesterday and the Doobie Brother songs a few weeks back and they're really annoying on guitar.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Next week:

* 38 Special - "Hold On Loosely" (X)
* Bad Company - "Can't Get Enough" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "What's Your Name?" (X)

Nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

Great news for Pro Guitarists! I will have to buy it all. Where are the points deals?

[quote name='Trakan']Ugh, I gotta learn to watch youtube vids of songs before I buy them. I bought Burning Down the House yesterday and the Doobie Brother songs a few weeks back and they're really annoying on guitar.[/QUOTE]

Burning Down The House is very fun on Expert Pro Guitar. IMHO anyway.

[quote name='lolwut?']Just a heads up guys, there are some Rock Band track packs on sale this week for the big Black Friday event. Just copied this from reddjoey's great DLC megathread:

Rock Band Track Packs:(Works in RB1, RB2, RB3)

-Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Contains:
-"Bad Romance"
-"Just Dance"
-"Monster"
-"Poker Face"

-Nirvana Pack 01 - 640 Microsoft Points - 27% off
Contains:
-"Breed"
-"Lounge Act"
-"On a Plain"
-"Polly"
-"Something In the Way"
-"Stay Away"
-"Territorial Pissings"

-Nirvana Pack 02 - 240 Microsoft Points - 45% off
Contains:
-"Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)"
-"Lithium (Live from Reading)"
-"Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Considering Nirvana Pack 02 (already have 01) and maybe even Lady Gaga ahaha, though those are supposed to be pretty boring on guitar.[/QUOTE]The last thing I need is more Nirvana songs. I have almost everything they've ever released and I don't need to double(or triple)-dip...

*Buys Nirvana Pack 02*

...I love you, Kurt Cobain.

Seriously considering the Lady Gaga pack.

Something tells me conversing the phrase "bluffin' with my muffin'" while inebriated will lead to some good times...

I was up well past 3 last night playing Nirvana Pack 02, Lady Gaga Pack 01, and 'The Touch' by Stan Bush. I selected "random song" on the RBN Store menu and said to myself while it was loading "it's gonna be 'The Touch'".....I'm surprised I didn't wake my family up laughing hysterically at the TV when 'The Touch' actually came up. Bought it with the points I was going to use on 'Splosion Man. Totally worth it.

Yeah, they've not really been advertising that. I'm not a huge CCR fan, but there are at least a few songs on there that I like, and $5 for a $20 song pack is incredible.

finally, faith restored.......CCR for $5 aka 400 ms points? No doubt i'll be getting that. Time to get people back into rock band and am still waiting for some rb3 sales :)

better than the wireless guitar I have from gh3, lol..plus i'm not looking to play professional or spend alot of $ on a musical game instrument like other people. I play for fun, not to compete and be #1 in the leaderboards or anything. Either way, a set of drums with a guitar, mic+stand for $100 isn't a bad deal to me and am glad i held off on it. Now if we could only get Harmonix to release some dlc for the beatles rb game again..

[quote name='bardockkun']Creedence Clearwater Revival pack will be 400 points tomorrow as part of Black Friday on XBox Live. That's 12 friggin songs.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, there's 2-3 downloads only of it, and you have to be up at 4am, right?

[quote name='2DMention']Let me guess, there's 2-3 downloads only of it, and you have to be up at 4am, right?[/QUOTE]
All day as far as I can tell even right now. Though you still might have to get trampled on by someone or something to get it.

[quote name='2DMention']Let me guess, there's 2-3 downloads only of it, and you have to be up at 4am, right?[/QUOTE]True, true. Black Friday on Xbox Live is indeed dangerous. I stubbed my toe before I confirmed my purchase. Hurt like hell.

well, think of more like down the line. say you get a bigger hd or a new 360 with all that storage place (250gb model) then you'll be set and it'll be in your download history. 12 songs for $5 is a great deal. I only like 5 songs really but for the price you can't go wrong with ccr. hopefully more people will have them to play online with.

[quote name='2DMention']That's a good deal on the credence, but I think I'd only play 1-2 of those songs, and my HDD space is limited to 21 more gigs.[/QUOTE]

The full download is only about 250 megs.

guys I finally booted up my copy or RB3 today and now that I'm playing RB3 what is safe to delete from my RB2 & RB game folders if I never plan on gong back to those games again?

I just want to see if there is any space I can clear up from those old folders since HD space on a 360 is such a premium.

If you installed RB or RB2, you can delete the game installs. You can theoretically delete your game saves, if you're sure you never want them again. But you don't want to delete any of your DLC songs, unless you have any duplicates (like, for example, you bought a single Nirvana song, then this week bought the entire pack on sale, you could safely delete the single song, since it is also included in the larger pack file).

I picked up the Gaga pack yesterday and the keyboard about a week ago. It is fun and if you have experience with the guitar/bass (which I'm assuming everyone does) then I say jump up to medium/hard on Keys by default. Pro Keys are another deal though if you've never played them before. I'm getting used to Pro Keys on easy lol.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You guys do realize you can play Gaga's tracks proper on keyboard now, right?

On that note, Bulletproof is a nightmare on Keys.[/QUOTE]

Gaga's songs dont have any keys parts, those are just the "guitar" parts that you can play on the keys.

[quote name='DJP519']If you installed RB or RB2, you can delete the game installs. You can theoretically delete your game saves, if you're sure you never want them again. But you don't want to delete any of your DLC songs, unless you have any duplicates (like, for example, you bought a single Nirvana song, then this week bought the entire pack on sale, you could safely delete the single song, since it is also included in the larger pack file).[/QUOTE]

I have a 200+ MB file in my RB2 folder called Rockband music store data. Doing some quick google searching pulls up nothing. Is this file safe to delete? I would hope maybe its all the sample music that is played in the music store when you preview a track. But I want to make sure before I delete it.

Did everyone see this free song pack?

Rock Band Network Megamix Pack 01

78 Megabytes

Contains:

• “Buried Cold” – Rose Of Jericho
  • “Paper Valentines” – James William Roy
  • “Sleep On” – Glass Hammer
  • “Five More Minutes” – Counterfeit Pennies
  • “End Of This” – Scratching The Itch
  • “Minnesota” – Voodoo Pharmacology
  • “Frontier Factory” – Freen In Green
  • “No Heroes” – You Shriek
  • “Bow Down” – Chrome Coma
  • “Inheritance” – Single White Infidel
  • “Everyone I Know Is An Alcoholic” – Robby Suavé
  • “Night On Bald Mountain” – Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxhamonic Orchestra

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']^
Nice find! I had looked for that a little while ago but could never find the damn thing.[/QUOTE]
It's not a song pack. It's literally a mash up of all those songs. It was originally taken down soon after release because it wouldn't pick up the pitch of the singer in talky parts.

[quote name='KingDox']I have a 200+ MB file in my RB2 folder called Rockband music store data. Doing some quick google searching pulls up nothing. Is this file safe to delete? I would hope maybe its all the sample music that is played in the music store when you preview a track. But I want to make sure before I delete it.[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct, but I don't know for certain. Probably safe to delete. I'd presume that if you ever played the game again, it would re-create the file.

Yes, it would recreate the file. You can delete it, I've done it before. Your purchase info is all remotely stored just like all XBL purchases, so you don't lose songs or anything. I think it may just be the little previews you download when browsing the store, not sure though.

[quote name='eastx']Did everyone see this free song pack?

Rock Band Network Megamix Pack 01

78 Megabytes

Contains:

• “Buried Cold” – Rose Of Jericho
  • “Paper Valentines” – James William Roy
  • “Sleep On” – Glass Hammer
  • “Five More Minutes” – Counterfeit Pennies
  • “End Of This” – Scratching The Itch
  • “Minnesota” – Voodoo Pharmacology
  • “Frontier Factory” – Freen In Green
  • “No Heroes” – You Shriek
  • “Bow Down” – Chrome Coma
  • “Inheritance” – Single White Infidel
  • “Everyone I Know Is An Alcoholic” – Robby Suavé
  • “Night On Bald Mountain” – Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxhamonic Orchestra
[/QUOTE]

Are any of these songs worth downloading? Sure its free, but are they worth playing??

Some ?s.

I got some of the track packs for cheap and exported them, but have DL'd one or two of the songs that are on the track pack individually before I got it. Does it put a duplicate file on my HDD that I have to delete, or does it not include an extra file? Is it one big file on the HDD? Can I delete individual tracks from the pack?

Are they going to update the Rock Band Music store app, or should I just delete that too and use the RB3 music store?

[quote name='2DMention']Some ?s.

I got some of the track packs for cheap and exported them, but have DL'd one or two of the songs that are on the track pack individually before I got it. Does it put a duplicate file on my HDD that I have to delete, or does it not include an extra file? Is it one big file on the HDD? Can I delete individual tracks from the pack?

Are they going to update the Rock Band Music store app, or should I just delete that too and use the RB3 music store?[/QUOTE]
The track packs come as one big file. So can't delete individual songs when you get it. Plus I believe if you already own the song as an individual download, it'll come off as another track. Hence the warning's on XBox marketplace before you download.

Plus the music store should be getting updated, just not a specific time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']The track packs come as one big file. So can't delete individual songs when you get it. Plus I believe if you already own the song as an individual download, it'll come off as another track. Hence the warning's on XBox marketplace before you downo=load.

Plus the music store should be getting updated, just not a specific time.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. Do I dare delete the individual songs from my HDD?

...what the hell is with no new songs on RBN for two weeks?

More on Devin Townsend/RBN from the team working on it:

Just popped in to let you all know that the charting for the Ziltoid album is going great and tracks are going to start entering the peer review/testing phase very very soon (this week soon if all the paperwork goes through quickly enough).

ZTO is the first track that should be up and running and we've really tried to push the limits on what can be done in Rock Band.

Long story short when Ziltoid breaks into Rock Band to take over, the game doesn't react well to his shenanigans.

We'll hopefully have a preview video of ZTO up in the next 24 hours.

Either way I'll post it here as soon as it's available.

We're all long time fans of Devy's and we're trying to make his first album in Rock Band a memorable experience that NO ONE is soon to forget.

Also once the entire album is out and available Ziltoid will be issuing a challenge to all players to top the leader boards, and dethrone him as the universe's greatest guitar player.

Very unique, special, and one of a kind prizes will be involved.

Some from Devy himself...

Stay tuned, and keep it heavy!

Anxious to see what they did to make the game "break." Should be even cooler to see what they do with Addicted once RBN 2 is available for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and the wife played some Lady Gaga songs and whoever said JUST DANCE was fun wasn't kidding, had a blast.

Also played some Doors and Bee Gees (both sounded awesome and we played the keys using the guitar....difficult!!!! She doesn't get her keyboard until xmas)

bread's done
Back