Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

hmmm actually stone sour is in my list of favorite bands from recent years... the 3 songs is disappointing tho... and the fact that there's only one pro song.... one of three. very sad.

stone sour is in my list of favorite new bands from recent years... just surprised with just three songs... and only 1 pro... 1 out of 3. just sad

of course maybe this means we're one step closer to getting Surfacing from Slipknot.... :hot::bomb::lol::no:

I don't keep track of historical DLC releases, but you may be experiencing regular seasonal variations but looking at it like some kind of trend. It could be that DLC slows down every time this year because it's after Christmas and people may not be in the spending mood. The game industry in general slows down around this time. Fall tends to be the busiest time of the year, with some big releases before summer begins.

Seriously, how havent you guys heard of Stone Sour? They are pretty popular and the lead singer is Corey from Slipknot.

But maybe I only know that because my friend loves slipknot but I hear their songs on the radio all the time. They are not great but no horrid either.

I have been slightly disappointed in the DLC for this version. Hmmp, maybe I am just loosing interest in RB, which sucks because its awesome.

And sweet Jesus, the new Stan Bush RBN song is the corniest thing ever. Meaning I can't sing it right because I start laughing in the midst of the chorus of "TRANSFORMERS!" In as melodramatic as possible too.

I've never heard of them...

I would love some Black Keys, if it isn't in there already. I don't look through the music store unless I know there's something I want on it.

[quote name='masked lemon']I've never heard of them...

I would love some Black Keys, if it isn't in there already. I don't look through the music store unless I know there's something I want on it.[/QUOTE]

There's a Black Keys 3-pack that went up some months ago. It's all from their more recent albums, which is still cool, but of course, I "prefer their older work." Whoever runs the RB blog admitted that he'd never heard of the Black Keys until Magic Potion, so I guess that's why we're not seeing their older stuff.

I may have interpreted what I read wrong (can't remember where I saw it), but thought I saw something that said all stuff slated for "RBN 1.0" had to be out by mid-February, since RBN 2.0 launches then and replaces it.

So as a result, everyone is going to be pushing to get all their RBN 1.0 content out before that date. Based on the quantity of content showing up on RBN this week, that sure seems to be the case. We've had a lot of new songs this week.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I may have interpreted what I read wrong (can't remember where I saw it), but thought I saw something that said all stuff slated for "RBN 1.0" had to be out by mid-February, since RBN 2.0 launches then and replaces it.

So as a result, everyone is going to be pushing to get all their RBN 1.0 content out before that date. Based on the quantity of content showing up on RBN this week, that sure seems to be the case. We've had a lot of new songs this week.[/QUOTE]

We sure have by some well known artists; Chiodos, A Day to Remember, Ween, August Burns Red, Mayday Parade, Haste the Day, Of Mice & Men, Attack Attack. Granted some of these new tracks should have waited until RBN 2.0 since they have keys in the songs.

1/25 stuff:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Jan. 25):

“Blue Jean”
“Fame”
“Modern Love” X
“Young Americans”
“Ziggy Stardust” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Jan. 26)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “David Bowie Pack 02” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$8.49, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points) for David Bowie Pack 02

Glad RBN is moving at a good clip right now. This one-band-a-week stuff stinks.

Hmmm, really like Bowie, but the 1st pack way back from RB1 was a bit boring to play. Will have to see youtube vids before I make a pruchase methinks.

Well, I can never complain about Harmonix, that's for sure. Even when they offer up Stone Sour, a band I have never heard of in my life (and that takes some doing), they manage to follow it up with David Bowie, one of my favorite artists of all time. :D

Has it been mentioned that Rock Band Country Track Pack Volume 2 is finally coming out?

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/114/1143639p1.html

* Billy Currington – "That's How Country Boys Roll"
* Chely Wright – "Single White Female"
* Darius Rucker – "Alright"
* Darryl Worley – "Awful Beautiful Life"
* Dierks Bentley – "Sideways"
* Dwight Yoakam – "Intentional Heartache"
* Gary Allan – "Man of Me"
* George Strait – "Twang"
* Jason Aldean – "Crazy Town"
* Johnny Cash – "Ring of Fire"
* Justin Moore – "Backwoods"
* Keith Urban – "Kiss a Girl"
* Lady Antebellum – "Perfect Day"
* Laura Bell Bundy – "Giddy On Up"
* Luke Bryan – "Rain Is a Good Thing"
* Merle Haggard – "Mama Tried"
* Rascal Flatts – "Summer Nights"
* Reba McEntire – "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia"
* Shania Twain – "Party for Two (With Billy Currington)"
* Sugarland – "Settlin'"
* Trace Adkins – "Ride"

[quote name='diddy310']Nice song selection for Bowie...hopefully we get a 3rd pack at some point to get Rebel Rebel and Life on Mars.[/QUOTE]

I can't understand why they have released two Bowie packs and they have yet to include Rebel Rebel.

I thought Rebel Rebel was a Billy Idol song.

[quote name='2DMention']I thought Rebel Rebel was a Billy Idol song.[/QUOTE]
Nope! It's the amazing David Bowie :cool:

I agree, though. I would love Rebel Rebel and Life on Mars to be added.

Is one song a copy of the other?

LoL at RBN cramming an assload of songs to slide under the door before RBN 2.0 comes out. Does the world really operate like a college kid cramming for the exam?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Mr. Sandman and Enter Sandman...are they the same thing?[/QUOTE]

And how about "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways and "Da Bomb" by Kriss Kross? Same thing, right?

You just referenced a Kriss kross song. I don't think that qualifies you to criticize anyone. We are talking about two old rock songs with similar names. I didn't realize CAG had such a fervent population of musicologists.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I mean they only share one word, rebel, which is a relatively uncommon word for a song title. Oh, and the second words share a similar vowel sound, (which is why the phrase "rebel yell" is so catchy). And they are both from the same general genre of music, unlike Mr. Sandman/Enter Sandman, Cherry Bomb/Da Bomb, and Get Low/Get Back. So yeah, my bad, it is was stupid of me to think that someone unfamiliar with the songs would get them confused because those similarities.

[quote name='distaph']Yeah, I'm sorry. I mean they only share one word, rebel, which is a relatively uncommon word for a song title. Oh, and the second words share a similar vowel sound, (which is why the phrase "rebel yell" is so catchy). And they are both from the same general genre of music, unlike Mr. Sandman/Enter Sandman, Cherry Bomb/Da Bomb, and Get Low/Get Back. So yeah, my bad, it is was stupid of me to think that someone unfamiliar with the songs would get them confused because those similarities.[/QUOTE]

Not as uncommon as you might think. iTunes pulls up 1000s of songs with "Rebel" in the title. Here are a few...
Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill
She's a Rebel - Green Day
The Rebel - Johnny Yuma - Johnny Cash
Rebel Music - Bob Marley
Rebel Without a Cause - Public Enemy
Rebel Within - Hank Williams III
Rebel - Bryan Adams
Rebel Prince - Rufus Wainwright
Rock n' Rolll Rebel - Ozzy Osbourne
He's A Rebel - the Crystals

As for how common, they are... Rebel Yell is a heavy rock anthem. Rebel Rebel is very classic soft rock. The second part of the name isn't close at all; Yell has one syllable vs Rebel having two syllables. Also you do realize Get Back by Ludacris vs Get Low by Lil' Jon is way closer in sound than Rebel Yell vs Rebel Rebel.

Please just admit your wrong and move on.

Not as uncommon as you might think. iTunes pulls up 1000s of songs with "Rebel" in the title. Here are a few...
Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill
She's a Rebel - Green Day
The Rebel - Johnny Yuma - Johnny Cash
Rebel Music - Bob Marley
Rebel Without a Cause - Public Enemy
Rebel Within - Hank Williams III
Rebel - Bryan Adams
Rebel Prince - Rufus Wainwright
Rock n' Rolll Rebel - Ozzy Osbourne
He's A Rebel - the Crystals

As for how common, they are... Rebel Yell is a heavy rock anthem. Rebel Rebel is very classic soft rock. The second part of the name isn't close at all; Yell has one syllable vs Rebel having two syllables. Also you do realize Get Back by Ludacris vs Get Low by Lil' Jon is way closer in sound than Rebel Yell vs Rebel Rebel.

Please just admit your wrong and move on.

I thought he was referring to Get Back by the Beatles. Get Back by Ludacris and Get Low by Lil Jon are very similar in that they are both terrible.

There is only 9 years difference between the Bowie and Idol songs('74 and '83), and to call Bowie soft rock is like calling Green Day a punk band.

[quote name='distaph']I thought he was referring to Get Back by the Beatles. Get Back by Ludacris and Get Low by Lil Jon are very similar in that they are both terrible.

There is only 9 years difference between the Bowie and Idol songs('74 and '83), and to call Bowie soft rock is like calling Green Day a punk band.[/QUOTE]

Awesome for you to validate your reasonings with dates... :lol:

Bowie as a total artist to me is Pop/Rock. Idol as a total artist to me is Rock. Two different artists with two different directions with rock music.

By the way, Green Day is punk rock band that has gone away from their roots in newer albums. They have created punk music. For example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOeyunU6bo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wR0yvoWpkM

Again, can you just admit you are wrong?

The Clash: London Calling next week: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/01/london-calling-coming-to-rock-band-3.html

[quote name='"Paste" magazine article']

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Feb. 1):

· “London Calling” X
· “Brand New Cadillac”
· “Jimmy Jazz”
· “Hateful”
· “Rudie Can’t Fail” X
· “Spanish Bombs” X
· “The Right Profile”
· “Lost in the Supermarket”
· “Clampdown” X
· “The Guns of Brixton”
· “Wrong ‘Em Boyo”
· “Death or Glory”
· “Koka Kola”
· “The Card Cheat” X
· "Lover’s Rock”
· “Four Horsemen”
· “I’m Not Down”
· “Revolution Rock”

Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for an additional $0.99 per song.[/quote]

[quote name='lordopus99']As for how common, they are... Rebel Yell is a heavy rock anthem. Rebel Rebel is very classic soft rock. The second part of the name isn't close at all; Yell has one syllable vs Rebel having two syllables. Also you do realize Get Back by Ludacris vs Get Low by Lil' Jon is way closer in sound than Rebel Yell vs Rebel Rebel.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Pam or Pan...?
Pand... There's a D on the end.
Two M's. That was the confusion.

bread's done
Back