Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Would anyone be interested in this contest (when all the songs are out, anyway)? I'm a capable guitar/bass player but I'm looking for people better than me (which would probably be the majority of people in this thread). We'd definitely need a good guitarist and especially a drummer since a lot of the Ziltoid content ain't no joke. I know my main problem is going to be finding good players that are willing to buy the full album.

I'd be doing vocals because a) it's what I'm best at and b) I know the album very well.

Devin Townsend / Ziltoid The Omniscient contest:

http://www.thatauthoringgroup.com/f...-is-now-Available!&p=6944&viewfull=1#post6944

Just a heads up once the entire album is out there will be a contest.

A MAJOR one.

There will be a setlist comprised of the ZTO album from start to finish. The band with the highest score at the end of the contest (probably run for a month, but details are still being worked on) will win a ton of cool shit.

Microsoft points, signed albums and other suprises from Devin himself.

Oh and get this...the winner will be personally congratulated via a video from Ziltoid himself.

You heard it here first folks, so make sure you start practicing on your FC's and optimum overdrive paths.

More details as they get nailed down!

If I wasn't buying the whole Clash album, which 2-4 songs are the standouts?

Kane, good luck with that contest. The prizes do sound awesome!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']No upgraded version of Train in Vain?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is lame that they left it off the album.

Oh sweet Jesus, next week is going to be amazing. I might actual wake up when the marketplace updates for the album. Best dlc in a while although the past month has been great.

Quick Rant...

For those that play on Online Quickplay,
1) Stop picking the Beautiful People and Du Hast due to the fact that both are extremely boring to play.
2) Stop picking Beast and the Harlot, Crazy Train, and Free Bird. They are overplayed and the majority of people struggle to get through them.
3) If you can't hit more than 95% of the notes, you need to play on a lower difficulty.

On another note, I get so much satisfaction watching one of those guys power through Crazy Train on expert only to fail out on I Wanna Be Your Man (not only once but twice when retrying). It never ceases to amaze me that people can nail really hard songs that I can't do well only to fail on songs that I can nail. It reminds me of Rock Band 2 where people would practically perfect Painkiller only to fail on Pearl Jam's Alive. :lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']Quick Rant...

For those that play on Online Quickplay,
1) Stop picking the Beautiful People and Du Hast due to the fact that both are extremely boring to play.
2) Stop picking Beast and the Harlot, Crazy Train, and Free Bird. They are overplayed and the majority of people struggle to get through them.
3) If you can't hit more than 95% of the notes, you need to play on a lower difficulty.

On another note, I get so much satisfaction watching one of those guys power through Crazy Train on expert only to fail out on I Wanna Be Your Man (not only once but twice when retrying). It never ceases to amaze me that people can nail really hard songs that I can't do well only to fail on songs that I can nail. It reminds me of Rock Band 2 where people would practically perfect Painkiller only to fail on Pearl Jam's Alive. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Great post and I totally agree with you

lol, agreed. Though, to be fair, I actually find a lot of "easier" songs harder, either due to punk music's strumfests or to other songs being a bit boring so I get distracted.

So how do you get the achievement where you link to the Rock Band server? I followed all of the steps and rebooted the game but the achievement didn't pop. I hate having an odd numbered gamerscore for some reason!

- I logged on to rockband.com
- I found the game code under options in the RB3 menu
- I entered the code and my gamertag on rb.com and it says I was successful
- I rebooted RB3 in my console

Am I missing anything???

Dumb question, but what's the best way to muffle the drums?

I have a RB2 drum set so the silencers are built in, but I live in an apartment and don't want to disturb my downstairs neighbor while I'm beating the crap out of the drums.

I thought about maybe putting a folded blanket or towel or something underneath the set

Any suggestions?

Title update now live. Will be on PS3 in the next day or two.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

* The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
* For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
* Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
* Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
* The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
* Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES

* PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
* Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
* To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES

* Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
* Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
* The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
o Anvil - 666
o Anvil - Metal on Metal
o Anvil - This is Thirteen
o Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
o Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
o Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
o Guess Who, The - No Time
o Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
o Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES

* An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
* Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

CRASH FIXES

* Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
* Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

Is it just me or does RBN really only update twice a week and then put them all under the day when they should have been?

For example... earlier today prior to Clash getting posted, my RBN newest song was from Jan 28. After Clash was posted, now I have RBN tracks showing for Jan 29,30,31, and Feb 1. What up wit that?

More Bob Marley next week:

“Bend Down Low”
“Burnin’ and Lootin’”
“Coming in from the Cold”
“Kaya”
“Lively Up Yourself”
“No More Trouble”
“Small Axe”
“Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Feb. 9)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Bob Marley Pack 01” on Xbox 360,
PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligiblePro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1350 Wii Points) for Bob Marley
Pack 01

Some odd choices, but I guess that's what happens when you've already released the guy's greatest hits album. In for a few, but I would have loved to have seen Trenchtown Rock.

damn, I too wanted Trenchtown Rock. I love me some Marley, but damn if that shit isn't boring as hell to play on pretty much every instrument.

Bob Marley AGAIN? C'mon HMX... Didn't we get a pack like... a few months ago?

Give us some indie rock, singles, 80s new wave, or industrial plz.

[quote name='2DMention']I've moved up to Medium on normal keys and I've noticed I barely get through the songs with chords and miss alot of chords. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean Pro Keys. What I do for the harder songs is try to learn the progressions for the different sections of the song and spend more time looking at the keys than at the screen. It's too easy to get lost on the keyboard without looking down at it fairly often. Without learning the song very well, it can be a pretty daunting task. Not many people can sightread and play flawlessly.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Pearl Jam is releasing Remastered versions of Vs. and Vitalogy at the end of March. Here's hoping we get them as DLC like we got with Ten.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that live pack we were supposed to get is ever going to be released.

[quote name='2DMention']I've moved up to Medium on normal keys and I've noticed I barely get through the songs with chords and miss alot of chords. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

I agree with n8rockerasu. It's insanely difficult to sight read keys (especially the damned position shifts :bomb: ). I can usually "pass" a song by sight reading, but often only barely. You have to actually learn the songs imho. Also, the more you play, if you know the song, you start being able to anticipate what chords/notes are coming up. It's actually helped me be able to play by ear a bit better.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Pearl Jam is releasing Remastered versions of Vs. and Vitalogy at the end of March. Here's hoping we get them as DLC like we got with Ten.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for VS!!!!!! Vitalogy will only be a few select songs (Corduroy anyone?)

[quote name='irratebass']I'm in for VS!!!!!! Vitalogy will only be a few select songs (Corduroy anyone?)[/QUOTE]

I'd hope they would release both albums together, but not put Bugs, Pry to, and Foxy Mop from Vitalogy on there. Sadly we don't have an accordion peripheral to make Bugs worth it.

[quote name='irratebass']I'm in for VS!!!!!! Vitalogy will only be a few select songs (Corduroy anyone?)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if they did that, same here. I'd buy the full Vs. album but would probably just pick a few from any other full albums they put out.

I think we've been through this before, but figured I'd check anyway...anyone have RBN peer-review privileges on here? I'd reeeeeallllly like the Ziltoid tracks to be pushed through ASAP....

[quote name='Zmonkay']I agree with n8rockerasu. It's insanely difficult to sight read keys (especially the damned position shifts :bomb: ). I can usually "pass" a song by sight reading, but often only barely. You have to actually learn the songs imho. Also, the more you play, if you know the song, you start being able to anticipate what chords/notes are coming up. It's actually helped me be able to play by ear a bit better.[/QUOTE]

No, not pro keys. I meant 5 key normal keys. It's hard to switch back and forth with two keys at a time. I can do fine on one key.

[quote name='2DMention']No, not pro keys. I meant 5 key normal keys. It's hard to switch back and forth with two keys at a time. I can do fine on one key.[/QUOTE]

For me regular keys weren't that bad. I equated it to playing guitar just using my right hand instead of my left and not strumming. After the initial couple of sessions, eventually my right hand recognize :)lol:) and I was good to go. Pro Keys chords though now that is a struggle (for any non-Linkin Park tracks).

[quote name='Corvin']Two words:
Meat Loaf!

Announcement Friday.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Bat Out of Hell would be a pretty great RB album - I don't think I'll ever listen to it again otherwise! I mean, there are a lot of songs that I love playing in RB but would never just listen to otherwise. Weird, eh?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'd hope they would release both albums together, but not put Bugs, Pry to, and Foxy Mop from Vitalogy on there. Sadly we don't have an accordion peripheral to make Bugs worth it.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Glorified G on your list. Worst PJ song ever and I LOVE those guys.

Played Cold as Ice on medium keys and passed it (But I had no fail on).

That's pretty awesome that you can play with no fail on and still be able to save.

I cannot, for the life of me, pass Werewolves in London on medium keys though. I know it's a repetitive chart, but jumping from orange and yellow and then red and green just screws me up.

[quote name='javeryh']You forgot Glorified G on your list. Worst PJ song ever and I LOVE those guys.[/QUOTE]

Eh but that's an actual song.

I mean if they were to release Binaural on Rock Band, I would expect Evacuation on there even though the song sucks 500 kinds of ass.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Eh but that's an actual song.

I mean if they were to release Binaural on Rock Band, I would expect Evacuation on there even though the song sucks 500 kinds of ass.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Although Binaural on RB would make my brain explode - it's my favorite PJ album.

[quote name='javeryh']Bat Out of Hell would be a pretty great RB album - I don't think I'll ever listen to it again otherwise! I mean, there are a lot of songs that I love playing in RB but would never just listen to otherwise. Weird, eh?[/QUOTE]
Bad news: The Meat Loaf track is just a standalone song.
Good news: Looks like it's part of a really fun pack featuring...[quote name='Rock Band Aide']
  • Animotion – Obsession
  • B.O.B. feat Hayley Williams – Airplanes
  • Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse of the Heart
  • The Human League – Don’t You Want Me
  • Lady Antebellum – Need You Now
  • Stevie Nicks – Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around
  • Meatloaf – Paradise By The Dashboard Light
[/quote]This was supposedly leaked via a glitch in the Wii Euro store. Could be wrong but the screenshot in this article makes it appear quite legit: http://www.rockbandaide.com/10905/dlc-for-february-15th-leaked-early/

REALLY excited for Obsession and Don't You Want Me!!! :whee: Sweet '80s single goodness, this is what I want more of in RB3 :D.

bread's done
Back