Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Ummm, so am I to infer that I have to buy the ENTIRE Billy Joel pack if I want "She's Always a Woman?" It seems to be the only song I can't purchase separately.

Please tell me this is a glitch that is going to be fixed

[quote name='grundy']Ummm, so am I to infer that I have to buy the ENTIRE Billy Joel pack if I want "She's Always a Woman?" It seems to be the only song I can't purchase separately.

Please tell me this is a glitch that is going to be fixed[/QUOTE]

I can see it as a separate purchase on the website right now.

Never mind, "crisis" averted :mrgreen: It was weird though. Earlier today, all the tracks were in the store with the cost of "160" next to them, but "She's Always a Woman" had "0" and there was no option to purchase it. This was around 12:10P or 12:30P Everything seems to be perfectly all right now, we're fine, we're all fine here, now, how are you?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How the hell are some of you playing keys without using your thumb? How do you do chords? This was my general concern with RB's "pro" modes: people learning wrong. I guess it doesn't matter if you're having fun, but damn. Elton John would lose his shit.[/QUOTE]

Sorta the same way some people type without using all five fingers or the "Home Row". You sorta just get used to playing what ever style you like and are comfortable with.

[quote name='Blade3D']So when is the bed intruder song coming out?[/QUOTE]

I came in here wanting to asking that same question.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How the hell are some of you playing keys without using your thumb? How do you do chords? This was my general concern with RB's "pro" modes: people learning wrong. I guess it doesn't matter if you're having fun, but damn. Elton John would lose his shit.[/QUOTE]

The setting I'm mostly playing on (Pro Easy) doesn't really do chords.

I feel similar. If I am going to choose to tackle prokeys I want to do it the right way, but hey...what others do doesn't effect me.

I found the Pro Keys trainer pretty helpful. The instructions tell you how to properly use your thumbs and other fingers going up and down the keyboard.

Probably nothing for me, but interesting week:

3/29

Days of Peace Pack 01
• Jefferson Airplane – “Somebody to Love”
• Blood, Sweat & Tears – “Spinning Wheel”
• Santana – “Black Magic Woman” X

Singles
• DragonForce – “Through the Fire and Flames” X
• DragonForce – “Operation Ground and Pound”

It's been a while since I got some DLC. Definitely gonna get Jefferson Airplane and Santana. Just yesterday I was wondering when we'd see some Santana. I might get the Dragonforce song too.

Interesting glitch from the Harmonix crew. They seem to have taken it down already, but the page with next week's DLC announcement posted a video with the wrong songs: "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division, "We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad, and "Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils Band. Thanks to CDOR Gemini at the SomethingAwful forums for pointing this out (I saw the video before it got pulled so I can vouch for its legitimacy). Once can only assume these songs are from a DLC week not too far from now.

It's a pass this week for me again. I was pleased with NiN and Depeche Mode, so no biggie.

So how are you guys holding the keyboard when you play? I've never played piano before and I am finding Pro Keys VERY difficult on anything other than easy. I just started though so I guess I'll get better with practice but I don't want to start developing bad habits right away. I have no awareness of where my fingers are on the keyboard either. Do you use your thumbs? I tend to not use them but I have a feeling I should. Man this is tough. I play a little guitar so I've never had a similar problem knowing where my fingers are on the neck.
I put it on my lap and it works just fine. Although the chords really get me in 5 key medium.

Looks like Dragonforce is a free agent now with GH going under.

but the page with next week's DLC announcement posted a video with the wrong songs: "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division

Will definitely DL this if it comes up as next week's DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
So today I remind myself why I didn't download the Dragonforce songs. Beyond being probably really hard, I can't stand to play the same songs over and over. Two different people in two different bands/games asked which one didn't pick up the new tracks. Thank god thats another Afterlife just waiting to happen.

So it is now official

tracks for next week
Grand Funk Railroad – “The Loco-Motion”
Grand Funk Railroad – “We’re an American Band” X
J. Geils Band – “Freeze-Frame” X
Joy Division – “Love Will Tear Us Apart” X

X = Pro Guitar and Bass update available

Why is the last half of Black Magic Woman cut off? Was seriously pissed when I played it last night.

Also, Green Day with the Stage Kit is awesome. I wish they would add that to the Beatles game but I know it'll never happen.

Has Harmonix ever said anything about Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin? Those are the 2 biggest bands left I can think of with no songs at all. What about The Roots?

[quote name='masked lemon']Has Harmonix ever said anything about Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin? Those are the 2 biggest bands left I can think of with no songs at all. What about The Roots?[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, Robert Plant and/or Jimmy Page stated some time ago that no Led Zeppelin songs will ever appear on Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Basically they're being music snobs like Prince (who has also expressed disdain for music games)

[quote name='masked lemon']Why is the last half of Black Magic Woman cut off? Was seriously pissed when I played it last night.
[/QUOTE]
Because that's a whole different song entirely. That's Gypsy Queen, it's usually attached to Black Magic Woman kinda in the same sense as Boston's Foreplay/Longtime.

[quote name='grundy']From what I recall, Robert Plant and/or Jimmy Page stated some time ago that no Led Zeppelin songs will ever appear on Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Basically they're being music snobs like Prince (who has also expressed disdain for music games)[/QUOTE]

You got the first part right, but not the second(well, the Prince thing is true). There was an interview with either him or Plant a couple years back. They aren't against the concept, per se, but Jimmy Page won't let anyone touch the masters. They are locked away and no one gets near them but him.

Jimmy and Plant are jerks about it imo.....I respect what Prince said about the idea, but now that RB has pro options maybe they should re-approach him.

[quote name='grundy']From what I recall, Robert Plant and/or Jimmy Page stated some time ago that no Led Zeppelin songs will ever appear on Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Basically they're being music snobs like Prince (who has also expressed disdain for music games)[/QUOTE]

Prince is just anti-modern technology. He's also proclaimed from time-to-time the "the internet is dead." This is coming from the guy that distributed his last album for free with a British newspaper. :roll:

RB3 has price-dropped to 20 bucks. If you've been hesitating for some reason, now's the time.

EDIT - The price of the PS3 version of the non-pro Strat has dropped to about 30 bucks. Hoping the 360 version follows suit, I need a replacement non-pro guitar badly. Heck, if it drops to 30, I may buy two of 'em.

[quote name='KaneRobot']RB3 has price-dropped to 20 bucks. If you've been hesitating for some reason, now's the time.

EDIT - The price of the PS3 version of the non-pro Strat has dropped to about 30 bucks. Hoping the 360 version follows suit, I need a replacement non-pro guitar badly. Heck, if it drops to 30, I may buy two of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would be down if it drops to 30. My Xplorer's aren't long for this world.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yeah I would be down if it drops to 30. My Xplorer's aren't long for this world.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the other boat. I have too many guitars. But I've been picking up the newer GH and Band Hero guitars second-hand for dirt cheap. While, IMO, the ___ Hero games sucked, the guitars were damn good.

I'm down to a very annoying RB2 Strat and a very annoying GH3 Les Paul that both have issues with button response and tilt sensor. Xplorer is still working ok but I need a second guitar for other players & more importantly wireless.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wait, Rock Band 3 is $20 everywhere now? I thought that was just a deal doing on at Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's mostly universal now. Anywhere that hasn't dropped the price yet probably will very soon.

I'd definitely like to at least try the more recent GH guitars, have heard good things about them. But not so much that I'd buy 'em over a 30 dollar RB3 Strat.

Next week:

• Fleetwood Mac – “Dreams” X
• Fleetwood Mac – “Gold Dust Woman”
• Fleetwood Mac – “Landslide”
• Fleetwood Mac – “Rhiannon”
• Stevie Nicks – “Edge of Seventeen (Just Like the White Winged Dove)” X
• Stevie Nicks – “Stand Back”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1000 Wii Points) for Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks Pack 01

No thankee.

My mom would be all over the Stevie Nicks songs...

I don't think I know the Fleetwood Mac songs, although Dreams sounds familiar.

[quote name='Trakan']That's a great batch of DLC. Definitely getting all of it.[/QUOTE]

Damn right you are. This shit is going to be hella fun to play.

I do wish it was a bigger pack. Hopefully we get another pack in a couple of months.

[quote name='sp00ge']

I also have an xplorer and a gimpy RB1 strat in the basement, the MC bass isn't much better.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']Next week:

No thankee.[/QUOTE]

I have a MC Bass I bought cheap on Amazon like a year ago, but one of the buttons doesn't work very well.

Not interested in any of the stuff this week either.

Opps. Guess I'm in for White winged dove.

Did you anyone see that on select packs of Schick razors, you get a code for 3 exclusive pro tracks? The tracks are....

"Freakshow" by HourCast
"Appetite" by The Gracious Few
"Don't Feel Like That Any More" by Johnny Cooper

[quote name='mer71']Did you anyone see that on select packs of Schick razors, you get a code for 3 exclusive pro tracks? The tracks are....

"Freakshow" by HourCast
"Appetite" by The Gracious Few
"Don't Feel Like That Any More" by Johnny Cooper[/QUOTE]

Knew there was a promo, didn't know what it was for. Oh well. I don't need any Schick razors anyway.

Surprised no one posted this yet.
The next round of DLC is a solid batch of singles from a healthy assortment of artists. Some 70's funk, 80's pop, modern metal and more! Expect to see 3 pro guitar upgrades, most notably on the fan-funking-tastic Love Rollercoaster. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 19):

• Anberlin –- Breaking”
• Mastodon – - Blood and Thunder” X
• Ohio Players –- “Fire”
• Ohio Players –“- Love Rollercoaster” X
• Relient K –- “Must Have Done Something Right”
• Tommy Tutone –- 867-5309/Jenny” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 20)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

In for Blood and Thunder

2365561617_25ec19b80d_o.gif

Probably will grab the phone number song, that should be a popular one for gatherings.

Skipping the rest. Already have the Mastodon song in GH Metallica.

bread's done
Back