Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

From Rockband.com

Coming soon

AVENGED SEVENFOLD! You guys asked for it, and we have more Avenged Sevenfold coming to Rock Band – one song from their latest album Nightmare, and one classic fan-favorite A7X track.
Poison! You demanded more hair metal, and here it is! Get out your hairspray and eye liner because we have a most excellent three-pack of hits on the way from the ‘80s band.
System of a Down! Two of the most often requested tracks from the metal band will finally be coming to the Rock Band Music Store, and one of those two songs will feature their first Pro Guitar/Bass upgrade available for RB3!
Soundgarden returns to Rock Band! An unstoppable six-pack of classic songs from the seminal grunge band will be coming your way, with most featuring Pro Guitar upgrades.
And that’s just a sample of some of the music that will be available this summer! There are even more tracks from some of your favorite bands on their way, so stay tuned to RockBand.com, follow @RockBand on Twitter, or become a fan on Facebook to make sure you’re up to date with all the latest DLC news!

[quote name='lordopus99']I wonder if Soundgarden also means that maybe we get our tracks back from 1 and 2...[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. We will probably have to pay for the RB3 versions instead. Don't you love liscensing?? :roll:

[quote name='intoxicated662']how's the Pro Guitar? Haven't heard much about it really and saw it dropped down $20 in price recently @ gs so now it's $129.99[/QUOTE]

If you have any interest at all in playing real guitar, it's amazing. I came into it already knowing how to play though, so my expectations might be a little different from some. It does a great job showing you step by step how to play a song, and there are tons of customization options if any sections are giving you trouble. It's not the kind of thing where you just jump from song to song, flying through them though. Unlike regular guitar mode, you actually have to learn the songs to do well.

I find myself more inclined to play pro guitar when I'm alone rather than with friends though since there's a bigger reward for repeating the song over and over again (ie. actually learning it). It depends what you want out of it really. I will say though, unless you're completely turned off by used electronics, check out prices on ebay. I picked up my Mad Catz controller in like new condition for $72 shipped and it came in original box, working flawlessly.

[quote name='intoxicated662']how's the Pro Guitar? Haven't heard much about it really and saw it dropped down $20 in price recently @ gs so now it's $129.99[/QUOTE]

Good overview of the other pro guitar model by a professional musician (well, indie musician): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85NomT87i7g

He goes over how it plays in-game and he compares it to other guitars.

Been out of the loop on RB due to personal stuff lately, but got back in the saddle last night when I DL'd a bunch of stuff - the two new Foreigner tracks, Walk by Pantera, and some other stuff I can't remember now.

Won't have time to play them for awhile, but at least I got them - I doubt they'll go on sale, and if they do, I don't have live at the moment so it's all good!

How the mighty have fallen. Soundgarden, SOAD, Poison and Avenged Sevenfold is the big news from E3? *yawn* Why not just announce some more Foo Fighters while you're at it. :lol:

How about some new-to-RB artists Harmonix? The 80s and 90s are still poorly represented.

[quote name='Corvin']How the mighty have fallen. Soundgarden, SOAD, Poison and Avenged Sevenfold is the big news from E3? *yawn* Why not just announce some more Foo Fighters while you're at it. :lol:

How about some new-to-RB artists Harmonix? The 80s and 90s are still poorly represented.[/QUOTE]

While I'm not completely disappointed with those bands, I do think they could branch out a little better. Here's my list of bands that aren't represented nearly enough and some not at all:

(This excludes Led Zeppelin, Prince, and other bands that I know of who have scoffed at rhythm games)

Eric Clapton (He's in freakin Power Gig for God's sake)
The Eagles (for the love of God, Harmonix. Get The Eagles)
Elton John (you'd think he would have gotten the same treatment as Billy Joel when they added keys)
Journey (we had two Journey songs, one got taken away...need more)
REO Speedwagon (they had that one pack with Styx, but where the hell is "Can't Fight This Feeling" or "Keep on Loving You"?)
Scorpions (with all the 80s hair metal, why no Scorpions?)
Dave Matthews Band (same as Clapton...they're in Power Gig. Come on, Harmonix)

I know there's way more depending on your musical tastes. But to me, these were pretty mainstream, which should be easy for Harmonix. Some days when I'm listening to the radio, one of these artists songs will come on and I'll be like "Why the hell is this not in Rock Band???"

[quote name='n8rockerasu']While I'm not completely disappointed with those bands, I do think they could branch out a little better. Here's my list of bands that aren't represented nearly enough and some not at all:

(This excludes Led Zeppelin, Prince, and other bands that I know of who have scoffed at rhythm games)

Elton John (you'd think he would have gotten the same treatment as Billy Joel when they added keys)
REO Speedwagon (they had that one pack with Styx, but where the hell is "Can't Fight This Feeling" or "Keep on Loving You"?)

I know there's way more depending on your musical tastes. But to me, these were pretty mainstream, which should be easy for Harmonix. Some days when I'm listening to the radio, one of these artists songs will come on and I'll be like "Why the hell is this not in Rock Band???"[/QUOTE]

Replace the Scorpions with Neil Young and Harmonix can take all of my money.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']While I'm not completely disappointed with those bands, I do think they could branch out a little better. Here's my list of bands that aren't represented nearly enough and some not at all:

I know there's way more depending on your musical tastes. But to me, these were pretty mainstream, which should be easy for Harmonix. Some days when I'm listening to the radio, one of these artists songs will come on and I'll be like "Why the hell is this not in Rock Band???"[/QUOTE]

Those would have been some much more interesting choices than what was announced. I might be interested in some songs from Poison, but I have no real interest in the other three. If we're talking about band we wish were better represented, here's my list...

Barenaked Ladies (A Hanukkah song? That's it? It's cool, but when do we get more?)
Better Than Ezra (I'm really surprised they haven't shown up yet.)
Cake (I know there was some issue Cake had with HMX at some point, but I really wish they'd get over it.)
They Might Be Giants (A pipe dream, I know, but they have some seriously awesome songs.)
Weird Al Yankovic (I know HMX might have some issues with his parodies, but even his originals would be fun.)
Reel Big Fish (Maybe they're waiting until they put out a Trumpet peripheral...)

I'm sure I sound like some young punk kid, but I have to give a big YAWN to all that.

Weird Al would be SUPER fun in Rock Band but I don't see that happening. I would imagine it'd be a licensing nightmare if they need to get rights from Weird Al and the people he parodied. While his original stuff is pretty good, I want to sing Eat It, Fat and Yoda.

I Think only Weird Al song's I'd want that I can think of offhand are Nature Trail to Hell in 3D and Dare To Be Stupid AKA the best Devo song not by Devo.

Hm. I'm assuming the SOAD tracks will include Aerials. The Poison stuff could be fun depending on track selection. Soundgarden I'm not overly interested in (I'll buy Outshined if it shows up), but more than the content itself, it's very interesting to see a "GH Exclusive" band getting back on board with Rock Band. I'm not expecting to see any Metallica in RB at this point, but at least it seems somewhat possible.

I'd like to see a little ELO, although the only tracks I'd really want are Fire On High and Evil Woman. The Face the Music album would be great (actually the only album I've listened to), but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Then there's Led Zeppelin, but they're being wimps.

DLC Week of 6/14 - Singles from Avenged Sevenfold, A-Ha, Live & Chumbawumba!
Hey gang,

Short intro to next week's DLC while most of us are still out in LA cleaning up after E3! There's a nice assortment of singles including tracks from the 80's, 90's and 00's, ranging from pop to metal, introducing several bands to RB for the first time while welcoming back fan favorites. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 14):

• A-Ha – “Take On Me” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Unholy Confessions” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Welcome to the Family”
• Chumbawamba – “Tubthumping”
• Live – “I Alone” X
• Live – “Lightning Crashes”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 15)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!

Hooray for Live! 90s band and new to the game. That's what I'm talking about.

in for everything except Live. i hate them. don't like their music and i went to college where they are from (York, PA) right at the start of their popularity no less. all i heard was OMG Live this, Live that...

Oh, I would have much rather had "Give the Anarchist a Cigarette."

kidding.

I'm actually excited about Poison. Shame to admit, but yeah, bring on the butt rock.

[quote name='Corvin']Hooray for Live! 90s band and new to the game. That's what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Live is a good choice for a band not in the game at all. I also agree with the poster who mentioned Bush. If Harmonix can survive the meteoric rise and sharp fall that rhythm games had and just settle into a sustainable niche, there's so much music that still hasn't even been tapped yet. And with RB3's different game play modes, that game could easily be enough for the rest of the 360's lifespan. I just hope the well doesn't run dry.

Don't know if there's anything I'll be buying next week, but I can't complain about the variety offered.

-------------

If anyone is on the fence about the Squier, you may want to decide pretty quickly. Looks like Fender has discontinued them and the enthusiast crowd is snapping up the ones still out there.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220870

I'm not reading a 40 page thread to get all the details, but the gist of it seems to be that it was a Fender decision that came as a surprise to Harmonix (what a weird deal they must have had). I personally think the pro guitar initiative has generally been a failure so far, primarily because RB3 sold poorly, the awful availablity issues of the necessary components to even use the pro guitar (ie MIDI adapter) and now this news definitely won't help. It has been nice to see them picking up more legacy pro upgrades in recent weeks though.

I got mine a while ago and it has worked well, although I admittedly haven't used it as much as I'd like to thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is on the fence about the Squier, you may want to decide pretty quickly. Looks like Fender has discontinued them and the enthusiast crowd is looking to snap up the ones still out there.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220870

I'm not reading a 40 page thread to get all the details, but the gist of it seems to be that it was a Fender decision that came as a surprise to Harmonix.

I got mine a while ago and it has worked well, although I admittedly haven't used it as much as I'd like to thus far.

Probably just A-Ha and Avenged Sevenfold for me next week. I Think DLC has gotten me excited again after the constant classic rock for first few months since there's enough little of everything now.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Those would have been some much more interesting choices than what was announced. I might be interested in some songs from Poison, but I have no real interest in the other three. If we're talking about band we wish were better represented, here's my list...

Barenaked Ladies (A Hanukkah song? That's it? It's cool, but when do we get more?)
Better Than Ezra (I'm really surprised they haven't shown up yet.)
Cake (I know there was some issue Cake had with HMX at some point, but I really wish they'd get over it.)
They Might Be Giants (A pipe dream, I know, but they have some seriously awesome songs.)
Weird Al Yankovic (I know HMX might have some issues with his parodies, but even his originals would be fun.)
Reel Big Fish (Maybe they're waiting until they put out a Trumpet peripheral...)[/QUOTE]

I believe the issue Cake had was that Harmonix wanted to go to the obvious place when selecting songs of theirs to put in the game. i.e. Going The Distance and Building a Religion. Apparently the lead singer got super pissed and said something to the effect of, "No fucking way, we are so over those fucking songs." I guess I'd be pretty mad too if I was constantly reminded by people that out of all the songs my band has made there were only a few that people seemed to like, HA! Douche bags.

You know, I haven't played Rock Band in about a year and a half now. I love the thing, but I CANNOT for the life of me to get it to calibrate with my Sylvania LC320SLX. I've tried and tried and tried, but I could never get it to work right. Balls.

I plan on getting a new TV in the soon future (The LC320SLX is kind of on the lower end of HDTVs), so maybe I'll just have to wait until then.

Bands I would like to see besides Zeppelin:

Pink Floyd
Y&T - 80's metal band, they have some awesome stuff out there.
The Roots
The Specials
More Freezepop
WWE entrance themes
Song from Portal 2
Nintendo theme music (Wii exclusive?)
All of the music from Frequency and Amplitude

How about some Def Leppard, only 1 song??? They just put out a live album, so here's crossing my fingers.

Oh and more Deep Purple.

6/21 will include Maroon 5 stuff:

“Misery”
“This Love” (X)
“Won’t Go Home Without You”

...I hope there's more than just that.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 21):

· Maroon 5 – “Misery”
· Maroon 5 – “This Love” X
· Maroon 5 – “Won’t Go Home Without You”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Blurry”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Control”
· Puddle of Mudd – “She Hates Me” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 22)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Maroon 5 Pack 02”, “Puddle of Mudd Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Puddle of Mudd Pack 01
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Maroon Five Pack 02

Call me crazy, but I actually prefer Maroon 5 over the robotic ass nasal whining of Puddle of Mudd.

[quote name='KaneRobot']6/21 will include Maroon 5 stuff:

“Misery”
“This Love” (X)
“Won’t Go Home Without You”

...I hope there's more than just that.[/QUOTE]

I take that back, after seeing what they added. What an awful week.

3 Doors Down – “Here Without You”
3 Doors Down – “When I’m Gone” X
3 Doors Down – “When You’re Young”
Poison – “Nothin’ but a Good Time” X
Poison – “Talk Dirty To Me”
Poison – “Unskinny Bop”

Probably in for the full Poison pack. Should be fun. Can always use more cock rock in RB.

Damn. I just went through the OP and RBN, and filled a 3/4 sheet of notebook paper with songs that I need to get. I can't believe that I missed out on some of the tracks I wrote down.

bread's done
Back