RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I originally posted this in the RB1 thread, but since RB2 will be out by the time these arrive, I switched it to this thread)

Here are those mystery "full albums" that were mentioned a week or two ago:

* Foo Fighters -- "The Colour and the Shape"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
* Jane's Addiction -- "Nothing's Shocking"
* Megadeth -- "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"
* Stevie Ray Vaughn -- "Texas Flood"
+ A special Rock Band "Greatest Hits" No Doubt compilation, similar to the Who collection we got a while back

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/rock-band-2-getting-full-albums-from-foo-fighters-chili-peppers/

I won't be buying the full album for any of those, but I'll cherry pick a few tracks.

I guess I'll post me piece here as well...

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I am not really a huge Megadeth fan, although I do think their stuff can be pretty good for Rock Band. I also think some of what I have heard is pretty good in general.

Is their album going to be nothing but ball busters though?

If I pick the full album of any of that it'll probably be the No Doubt. I can't wait to sing Under the Bridge though![/quote]

I remember seeing an interview somewhere with the RB guys and they said something to the effect of there would be 20 free songs to download on launch of RB2, basically so they can say they offer far more songs with their game than the competition.

Was I hearing things? Does anyone else have info on that?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I remember seeing an interview somewhere with the RB guys and they said something to the effect of there would be 20 free songs to download on launch of RB2, basically so they can say they offer far more songs with their game than the competition.

Was I hearing things? Does anyone else have info on that?[/quote]

I read that somewhere about a month ago - free 20 songs for dl - but haven't heard anything after.
I wonder which songs will they have available...

[quote name='sickle']
I wonder which songs will they have available...[/QUOTE]

1. Honest Bob - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
4. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
7. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
8. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
10. Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead
11. The Haunted - Shadow World
12. Pennywise - The Western World
13. Rancid - Fall Back Down
14. Sublime - Santeria
15. Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost
16. The Breeders - Cannonball
17. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
18. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
19. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
20. Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise

rumored of course, not an official announcement.

[quote name='Corvin']
1. Honest Bob - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
14. Sublime - Santeria

rumored of course, not an official announcement.[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing I would buy, but if those are free, bad ass.

They'll either censor it or change it to "brothers" like they did on the GH version.

They did a pretty good job on their songs in GH 80s and GH3. :cool:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'll buy the Megadeth album, but I'd rather have Rust in Peace or maybe even Countdown to Extinction.[/quote]

Same. And those rumored free downloads are decent. I'd get at least 4 or 5 of them. I hate that "Holiday in Cambodia", though.

Not the Thorogood song I would choose, but that's a definite win. Plus a few other minor decent songs. Not a terrible list, just kinda average.

[quote name='Corvin']Not the Thorogood song I would choose[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm going to feel kind of goofy playing that thing, let alone singing it. No big deal though. "Who Do You Love" would have been boss.

[quote name='Corvin'] Not a terrible list, just kinda average.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Very nice group of freebies though.

Pretty cool Sepultura choice.

I'm way too excited about the Foos album, the No Doubt album, and nearly all of those rumored tracks are ones I would easily pay full price for, so here's hoping it's at least mostly correct. And I'll probably grab a few single songs from some of the other albums. Awesome.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I remember seeing an interview somewhere with the RB guys and they said something to the effect of there would be 20 free songs to download on launch of RB2, basically so they can say they offer far more songs with their game than the competition.[/QUOTE]
I don't think this was the reason, I think they had them all licensed but just couldn't get them all done/on the disc in time.

If I weren't broke I'd buy every single one of those albums...except for No Doubt. Monkey Wrench, Pride and Joy, and Under the Bridge were at the top of my want list.

Those rumored setlist tracks are pretty damn cool too.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, I'm going to feel kind of goofy playing that thing, let alone singing it. No big deal though. "Who Do You Love" would have been boss.

[/QUOTE]

Who do you Love?, was the one I was wanting to see in a game. Bad to the Bone would have been perfect for the game disc which is probably why they chose it. Arguably his most popular song that damn near anyone could recognize. That's what it feels like anyway, chosen for the disc, but got bumped at some point. In fact he kinda sticks out on the free list.

[quote name='Corvin']
1. Honest Bob - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
14. Sublime - Santeria

rumored of course, not an official announcement.[/QUOTE]

At first I was like :whistle2:/

Then I saw No One Knows and now I'm like :]

I hope that list is true, if only for the lone QOTSA track.

Still waiting for an announcement on any Tool songs . . . .

Nice. Sepultura. Is Peace Sells going to feature I Ain't Superstitious or is there copyright problems with that? (wasn't that a cover song done ala These Boots?) Good Mourning/Black Friday is gonna be so much fun to sing.

[quote name='DestroVega']wow... No One Knows would be impossible on drums[/quote]
Hey. Did you know that Painkiller by Judas Priest is in this?
Compared to that, No One Knows is very doable.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Hey. Did you know that Painkiller by Judas Priest is in this?
Compared to that, No One Knows is very doable.[/quote]

don't know the song but I do know Deltron, nice music for a Friday night.

I read a while ago that Bad Religion's "Sorrow" will be in the game. I hope that's part of the free 20.

Best Buy has the pre-order for this game and you get a free T-shirt with $5 down. Not sure of the size of the shirt though.

EDIT: Found it on eBay
IMG_3609.jpg

Looks like its XL

I would presume, then, that the RB shirts are in stock at Gamestops now?

I might swing by and get mine so I can be sure to have it before they run out. I preordered a while back.

OK, I am really confused by all this stuff.

Maybe you guys can help this GH/RB noob out. First of all, I had held off on all these types of games because I really didn't think they were my thing. But my 8 year-old son really wanted one of them so I bought the Guitar Hero III bundle for the 360 a month or two ago. He loved it and I found it to be more fun than I expected as well. He's already way better than me but that's another discussion ;).

He wanted more so we rented GH Aerosmith. That was fine for a few days but then he wanted Rock Band. I told him we'd wait for one of the sequels before getting drums. But with the 25% off 360 games coupon at GS I just bought Rock Band (game only) at GS for $29.24. We're having fun with that but of course we need drums to get the full experience.

So, I had decided earlier that I'd go with Guitar Hero World Tour and have already preordered that at Blockbuster. I was hoping I could use the hardware from that for Rock Band 1 and 2. But now I've noticed that the GHWT drum kit is just 3 drums + the symbols. How will that work with RB2 (and will it work at all with RB1)?

I'm really trying to minimize the amount of plastic peripherals I have, but now I'm considering picking up the RB2 drum set on the 14th along with the new game. So that would run me $150 - at that point I might as well just get the damn bundle :roll:.

And then how does this transfer of songs from RB1 to RB2 work? You pay $5 (presumably a download of 400 MS points?) and it puts the songs on your hard drive? Do you not need the RB1 disc any more at that point? If not, I see a TON of used RB1 discs flooding the market on Sept. 14th ;). I'd also feel a bit ripped off having just bought it for $30. But I might be able to do the transfer and then trade the game quick to Blcokbuster which is usually pretty slow in dropping prices. That would make the $60 purchase of RB2 more palatable in any case (if I can get $30 back for RB1).

So, the key issues are how the GHWT drums will work with both versions of RB, and what is the deal with this song transfer. I already know that the DLC for RB1 will work with RB2, so I have no qualms buying some of that (The Who track pack in particular :drool:).

Oh, and to add further confusion I've read about these electronic drum kits that are RB compatible. See, my son wants to take drum lessons and those might actually be a good thing to buy for both purposes (as they take up way less space than a real drum kit). Argghhh - too many options!

[quote name='io']OK, I am really confused by all this stuff.

Maybe you guys can help this GH/RB noob out. First of all, I had held off on all these types of games because I really didn't think they were my thing. But my 8 year-old son really wanted one of them so I bought the Guitar Hero III bundle for the 360 a month or two ago. He loved it and I found it to be more fun than I expected as well. He's already way better than me but that's another discussion ;).

He wanted more so we rented GH Aerosmith. That was fine for a few days but then he wanted Rock Band. I told him we'd wait for one of the sequels before getting drums. But with the 25% off 360 games coupon at GS I just bought Rock Band (game only) at GS for $29.24. We're having fun with that but of course we need drums to get the full experience.

So, I had decided earlier that I'd go with Guitar Hero World Tour and have already preordered that at Blockbuster. I was hoping I could use the hardware from that for Rock Band 1 and 2. But now I've noticed that the GHWT drum kit is just 3 drums + the symbols. How will that work with RB2 (and will it work at all with RB1)?

I'm really trying to minimize the amount of plastic peripherals I have, but now I'm considering picking up the RB2 drum set on the 14th along with the new game. So that would run me $150 - at that point I might as well just get the damn bundle :roll:.

And then how does this transfer of songs from RB1 to RB2 work? You pay $5 (presumably a download of 400 MS points?) and it puts the songs on your hard drive? Do you not need the RB1 disc any more at that point? If not, I see a TON of used RB1 discs flooding the market on Sept. 14th ;). I'd also feel a bit ripped off having just bought it for $30. But I might be able to do the transfer and then trade the game quick to Blcokbuster which is usually pretty slow in dropping prices. That would make the $60 purchase of RB2 more palatable in any case (if I can get $30 back for RB1).

So, the key issues are how the GHWT drums will work with both versions of RB, and what is the deal with this song transfer. I already know that the DLC for RB1 will work with RB2, so I have no qualms buying some of that (The Who track pack in particular :drool:).

Oh, and to add further confusion I've read about these electronic drum kits that are RB compatible. See, my son wants to take drum lessons and those might actually be a good thing to buy for both purposes (as they take up way less space than a real drum kit). Argghhh - too many options![/quote]

play Rock Band 1 until the whole instrument set pack of Rock Band 2 comes out in October and buy that... at that point download the RB1 tracks to your hard drive.

the lowest you would get a RB1 disc for soon anyway is like 15 bucks, I'm sure the next 6 weeks of game time will be worth 15 extra dollars you spent.

OR, if you think he will use that electronic drum kit it's 300 bucks plus another 100 i think to turn it into a working electronic drum kit. in that case, just buy RB2 game only in 2 weeks.

For the electronic drum set, if I understood it correctly, you need to buy the ION Drum kit, and you will also need to buy a "drum brain" (which has a hefty price tag also)to connect to the ION kit for use with a computer.

[quote name='moojuice']For the electronic drum set, if I understood it correctly, you need to buy the ION Drum kit, and you will also need to buy a "drum brain" (which has a hefty price tag also)to connect to the ION kit for use with a computer.[/quote]

i think the brain is 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back