RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I'm loving being able to play online with friends that I used to have to drive an hour to play with. Played Rock Band 2 for the first time last night and, with the exception of the vocal lag online, it was an awesome experience.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The track packs are discs with DLC songs.[/quote]
But for Xbox 360? I hope it's true and it works like the Halo 2 and Oblivion Shivering Isles discs.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The track packs are discs with DLC songs.[/quote]
I figured that much, as it makes sense to do it on the Wii and PS2 with no internal storage. I'm just befuddled that they'd do one for the 360 when they could just release everything via DLC and save on all of the manufacturing costs.

[quote name='JJSP']I figured that much, as it makes sense to do it on the Wii and PS2 with no internal storage. I'm just befuddled that they'd do one for the 360 when they could just release everything via DLC and save on all of the manufacturing costs.[/quote]

Eh, probably for people without Live.

Did you ever think about how much ass it must suck to have Rock Band but not have a connection to Xbox Live? 'Cause I didn't.

[quote name='JJSP']I figured that much, as it makes sense to do it on the Wii and PS2 with no internal storage. I'm just befuddled that they'd do one for the 360 when they could just release everything via DLC and save on all of the manufacturing costs.[/QUOTE]Interesting... if you can "install" the songs from the disc, then there may be some nice discounts afoot.

[quote name='Mojimbo']That's happened to me about 3 times(over the course of maybe 20 hours of gameplay.)[/QUOTE]

It usually happens whenever I use the guide button. Not everytime, but when it does happen, that is what seems to cause it.

And has anyone used the wireless headset to sing in the game? Thinking about getting one so I can do vocals and guitar at the same time.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It usually happens whenever I use the guide button. Not everytime, but when it does happen, that is what seems to cause it.

And has anyone used the wireless headset to sing in the game? Thinking about getting one so I can do vocals and guitar at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I use a Mic Stand when I wanna do both. Easier, and cheaper.

Hmm. My Ion drum rocker should be here in a couple days.
[quote name='CouRageouS']I don't care if its $70, I will almost for sure buy an action figure of my Rock Band self.[/quote]
What? Where's that?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Hmm. My Ion drum rocker should be here in a couple days.

What? Where's that?[/quote]

The front page.

You're going to be able to create a 6 inch tall action figure like deal of your in band character.

There are tons of things like band tshirts, stickers, pictures of your in band characters, etc.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I use a Mic Stand when I wanna do both. Easier, and cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have a ton of GS credit I probably would look into a stand. Plus I got too much shit already from all my music games.

Quick question. Timmy and the LOtU are listed on my game as a "1", indicating that is was on the Rock Band 1 disk. Did I totally miss that?

[quote name='ZForce915']Quick question. Timmy and the LOtU are listed on my game as a "1", indicating that is was on the Rock Band 1 disk. Did I totally miss that?[/quote]
One of the bonus unlockable songs from RB1 along with the Harmonix bands.

for the people who have RB1 and 2.... im thinking about doing the hot topic deal for the instruments and game for RB1 and the game for RB2 for about $170 with shipping.... does anyone have any thoughts about whether itd be worth it to just spend the extra money for the new instruments either for rockband or GH4... or are they close enough where RB1 instruments would be fine

[quote name='JJSP']One of the bonus unlockable songs from RB1 along with the Harmonix bands.[/QUOTE]

How were you supposed to unlock it? Either way, it turns out that I have even more songs than I thought!

And as long as I'm asking questions, do we know the results of what the 20 downloads will be?

[quote name='ZForce915']How were you supposed to unlock it? Either way, it turns out that I have even more songs than I thought!

And as long as I'm asking questions, do we know the results of what the 20 downloads will be?[/quote]
By playing the bonus songs in solo. There's only 12 or 13 of them. It's the very last one and no.

[quote name='bardockkun']By playing the bonus songs in solo. There's only 12 or 13 of them. It's the very last one and no.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and thanks!

I was pretty late to the Rock Band party so I missed those things that I'm sure were obvious or well known to most.

The new instruments are way better... I dunno who posted here saying the new guitar's strum bar isn't an improvement... it's like night and day.

The old one is like strumming against a sponge, the new one is tight.

[quote name='flybrione']AC/DC live shows are some of the best quality live shows you can see. I seen them live 3 times and each fo the shows ranks as some of the best audio quality shows I have ever seen. I own the Blu-ray for Live At Donington and believe me the sound quality is excellent.

I am really looking forward to this release.[/QUOTE]

This man speaketh the truth! AC/DC is one of the greatest live bands ever. It helps that their stuff isn't totally overhauled in the sound lab like many of today's bands are, so "Live" sounds pretty much like their "Recorded"... that is to say, awesome!

Compare that to say, Dragonforce, who imho can't play live to save their life (sooo many mistakes or just plain skipping some of the more insane parts their not guaranteed to pull off).

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Compare that to say, Dragonforce, who imho can't play live to save their life (sooo many mistakes or just plain skipping some of the more insane parts their not guaranteed to pull off).[/quote]
Seconded, I think people more so just talk about how they got "the fastest guitarist" and are just wowed by that and never pay attention to anything else. Saw them this Summer and wasn't expecting much and they met that low bar for me.

[quote name='Zmonkay']

Compare that to say, Dragonforce, who imho can't play live to save their life (sooo many mistakes or just plain skipping some of the more insane parts their not guaranteed to pull off).[/QUOTE]

You can't say the same about Dream Theater. :D They'll blow you away live. I managed front row at a show. Watching Myung & Petrucci that close will amaze you. They both play extremely fast and don't even break a sweat. Truly impressive.

Of course I'm biased since they are my favorite band.

[quote name='DestroVega']The new instruments are way better... I dunno who posted here saying the new guitar's strum bar isn't an improvement... it's like night and day.

The old one is like strumming against a sponge, the new one is tight.[/QUOTE]

I was, and it absolutely was almost identical to the first one. Night and day? More like midnight and 12:30. It's about as "tight" as Britney Spears' twat.

So unless they are rebranding some of the RB1 guitars with the auto-calibrate and putting them in RB2 packaging in some cases, something is screwy here. If you're not full of shit, then we have some pretty serious quality fluctuation...guess that wouldn't be surprising. Just for S&G I'll do a replacement with EA to see if another one is better.

[quote name='Corvin']You can't say the same about Dream Theater. :D They'll blow you away live. I managed front row at a show. Watching Myung & Petrucci that close will amaze you. They both play extremely fast and don't even break a sweat. Truly impressive.

Of course I'm biased since they are my favorite band.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I so would kill to go to a Dream Theater concert :drool:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I was, and it absolutely was almost identical to the first one. Night and day? More like midnight and 12:30. It's about as "tight" as Britney Spears' twat.

So unless they are rebranding some of the RB1 guitars with the auto-calibrate and putting them in RB2 packaging in some cases, something is screwy here. If you're not full of shit, then we have some pretty serious quality fluctuation...guess that wouldn't be surprising. Just for S&G I'll do a replacement with EA to see if another one is better.[/quote]

I dunno man, I felt the new one and was like, "oh, ok... not a huge difference" then I grabbed the old one for shits and giggles and was like "WOW... it's a lot different"

my girlfriend mainly plays the guitar so I had her feel it to and she said "So much better"

so i dunno what is up.

I just checked the two guitars again and I have to say if the last one is a 10 squishy on a scale of 1-10, the new one is a 3.

[quote name='ZForce915']
And as long as I'm asking questions, do we know the results of what the 20 downloads will be?[/quote]

The achieve360points people have this listed int he RB2 DLC thread:

20 free DLC - Don't know when yet. But we know what
Tatooine by Honest Bob
Stop! by Against Me!
Push It by Static-X
Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood
Dammit by Blink 182
All Right Now by Free
Holiday in Cambodia by Dead Kennedys
Bandages by Hot Hot Heat
Suffer by Bad Religion
All My Friends Are Dead by Turbonegro
Shadow World by The Haunted
The Western World by Pennywise
Fall Back Down by Rancid
Santeria by Sublime
What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost by Taking Back Sunday
Cannonball by The Breeders
Refuse/Resist by Sepultura
No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age
Somebody Told Me by The Killers
Cream and Bastards Rise by Harvey Danger

No idea if its credible.

[quote name='dealer']The achieve360points people have this listed int he RB2 DLC thread:

Tatooine by Honest Bob
Stop! by Against Me!
Push It by Static-X
Dammit by Blink 182
All Right Now by Free
Bandages by Hot Hot Heat
Suffer by Bad Religion
Fall Back Down by Rancid
Santeria by Sublime

No idea if its credible.[/QUOTE]

I hope we can delete some of these, and they're not in a giant pack file. Some of these songs = a pile a dump (to me at least).

[quote name='DestroVega']I dunno man, I felt the new one and was like, "oh, ok... not a huge difference" then I grabbed the old one for shits and giggles and was like "WOW... it's a lot different"

my girlfriend mainly plays the guitar so I had her feel it to and she said "So much better"

so i dunno what is up.

I just checked the two guitars again and I have to say if the last one is a 10 squishy on a scale of 1-10, the new one is a 3.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. I'll file for a new one when I get home today and see what's up when the replacement arrives. I'm not really doubting you, but I guarantee that the guitar that I bought felt very similar to the RB 1 Strat.

[quote name='dealer']The achieve360points people have this listed int he RB2 DLC thread:

Tatooine by Honest Bob
Stop! by Against Me!
Push It by Static-X
Dammit by Blink 182
All Right Now by Free
Bandages by Hot Hot Heat
Suffer by Bad Religion
Fall Back Down by Rancid
Santeria by Sublime

No idea if its credible.[/quote]

That better be fucking fake. I see like 6 good songs.

Ok, I'm seeing a bunch of different things on Gamefaqs about how to unlock all the songs, so what's the best way?

Beat all the regular challenges, then move onto each marathon and that should do it? There's 84 total right?

I'm pretty sure that list is fake, but there's no way you can expect more than 1/2 of the 20 free songs to be good. If they were good, they'd sell them.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm pretty sure that list is fake, but there's no way you can expect more than 1/2 of the 20 free songs to be good. If they were good, they'd sell them.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought about 8 of the songs on that list were pretty good, and I was impressed. If that list were true (which I don't believe it to be) then I would be happy.

Like I said before, I expect it to be more stuff like Bang Camaro and other songs that were Bonus Songs in RB1 and 2. Not the more popular, bigger name bands like Sublime, Rancid, Dead Kennedys, The Killers etc....

I really don't have much faith in the DLC being good.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']One little problem that's been irking me lately.

When I'm playing guitar, I can hardly hear the singer's voice in-game. Also, the bass guitar comes through the speakers very strong. I'm using surround sound, with Dolby Digital enabled through the Options. Does anyone know how to fix this?[/quote]

Anyone?

9/26 DLC:

Hey everybody,

Looks like the technicals have been taken care of. Rush's "Moving Pictures" comes out for real next week! In addition we have tracks from Bad Religion, The Cult, Hot Hot Heat, Kasabian, Sleater-Kinney, and Stone Roses!

Rush's Moving Pictures Full Album

Tom Sawyer (orig version)
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight (orig version)
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs

The full album will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track individually.

We are also releasing a bunch of individual tracks:

Bad Religion - Sorrow
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock N Roll Fun
Stone Roses - Love Spreads

Each of these tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points).

All tracks are master tracks.

DLC comes out on Xbox 360 on Tuesday, September 23rd and on PS3 on Thursday, September 25th.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83081

I've been thinking about the GH:WT drumkit and how it will work in Rock Band. Since the raised yellow pad is between the red and blue pads, I guess it won't take too much of a mental adjustment to just match colors and play the RB drum charts accordingly. If you just ignore the second (orange) raised pad, you've still got a red/yellow/blue/green lineup from left to right. This may have already been obvious to everyone, but I just now figured it out now after looking at some GH:WT videos. :p

I wonder if the raised orange pad will register the same input as if you hit green... because green is usually the crash cymbal right? That would be convenient. And does the "yellow" drum note ever translate to a cymbal or hi-hat or whatever it's called in RB drum charts? Because if so, that'd be perfect.

Out of that singles list, I may end up with all of them save for the Bad Religion track.
Will def. get Stone Roses, and The Cult though.

[quote name='dallow']Out of that singles list, I may end up with all of them save for the Bad Religion track.
Will def. get Stone Roses, and The Cult though.[/quote]

I'm just the opposite.

[quote name='dallow']
Will def. get Stone Roses, and The Cult though.[/quote]

Rock Band just tries to do everything it can to kill my interest in GH. Those are two of the songs I have wanted most.

I will grab all of Moving Pictures as well. I thought about grabbing Peace Sells this week, but I need to get better at Guitar before I grab those.

Bad Religion is a definite purchase, I'll have to check out the other tracks to see if there is anything else for me in there.

I was hoping for free BR after seeing that list earlier, but at this point I don't have a problem ponying up for this song next Tuesday. Especially since we still do not have a release date for the 20 free songs.

That said, I have a bunch of half priced 1600 point cards I need to use on some content. Time to catch up on things now that I have the points and the 120gb HDD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back