Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gordojones88']Um, I am waiting for the 16GB model. It's a flash drive like an SSD. The PS3 operating system boot-up and PSN games would load incredibly fast. This model allows you to hook up a giant USB external drive for any other games, like the Wii U is doing. Just keep any of your currently playing games on the flash drive and it's all good. Imagine instead of waiting 30 seconds in between each loading screen, it was 3 seconds. Installs would takes only seconds. My Windows 7 PC with an SSD boots in 15 seconds ready to go.

Edit: Apparently the BD speed is still going to be a bottleneck for retail games.[/QUOTE]

These aren't SSDs, they're just small amounts of flash. It would be slower, not faster.

You *can* put an SSD in any Playstation 3 though, or any other 2.5" hard drive. I've got a 120GB Intel drive in mine.

You'd want Intel's 320 series drives over annoying else on the market because of lack of trim support.

Also there's nothing weird about PS3 load times to begin with. Games are designed around the 5200rpm drive, just like on the 360, it's just you CAN upgrade the drive if you want...most games it's not going to matter, though New Vegas was probably helped.

A 16GB PS3?! This is news to me.

If I had a $150 to burn. I'd get one of these 16GB super slim PS3s for the living room for the PS Eye/Move games and as a Blu-ray player.

I'll still keep my slim 160GB model in my room for the rest of my PS3 games.

[quote name='Kenshindono']

Honestly this seems like a shitty ass deal to me. I was hoping they would clearance out the good 160gb models for about $125-$150 or so. I know my local BBY has an absurd ammount of them. Maybe theyll have something going on BF

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Best Buy does some "custom" bundles to clear our their existing stock of slims. Something like buy a PS3 slim for $200 and pick any 2 games. I know they've done similar things in the past.

I would like to pick-up a 2nd PS3, but don't really like the super slim.

[quote name='aircobra']Not really surprised. Last year it was $199 as well.[/QUOTE]that's why I believe it'll be cheaper like $170-$180 but I'd go for a $100 GC on any model vs the $170-$180.

Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has stopped selling the PS3 Slim completely (new, not used)? All stores within a 100 miles have no stock. You can't even order a new PS3 Slim on Gamestop.com anymore.

[quote name='Wii Got U']Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has stopped selling the PS3 Slim completely (new, not used)? All stores within a 100 miles have no stock. You can't even order a new PS3 Slim on Gamestop.com anymore.[/QUOTE]I've seen them in my stores new Infamous & KZ 160 bundles the key seems to be slow stores or stores that get over-shadowed by the store in the mall or better shopping center.

Man I'm thinking of selling my current 40GB PS3 for the double credit promo going on but a month without my PS3 is going to be brutal!

[quote name='chelosera91']Man I'm thinking of selling my current 40GB PS3 for the double credit promo going on but a month without my PS3 is going to be brutal![/QUOTE]Do some flips & use the credit to pay off a few week for a PS3 @ rent a center.

[quote name='Enuf']I've seen them in my stores new Infamous & KZ 160 bundles the key seems to be slow stores or stores that get over-shadowed by the store in the mall or better shopping center.[/QUOTE]

Wow you are lucky to live near a super slow store. The Infamous & KZ 160 PS3 bundles have been out of stock for about 2 years now where I live. Were you able to get a pre-order of the Wii U at this store?

[quote name='Wii Got U']Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has stopped selling the PS3 Slim completely (new, not used)? All stores within a 100 miles have no stock. You can't even order a new PS3 Slim on Gamestop.com anymore.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they sold out .

[quote name='Edge']
. . . since the PS3's port is only a SATA 1 and you won't get much more than 130MB/S or around there out of it.
[/QUOTE]

SATA 1 is just , oh, so, that's disappointing then.
Can't really do much with that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
You *can* put an SSD in any Playstation 3 though, or any other 2.5" hard drive. I've got a 120GB Intel drive in mine. You'd want Intel's 320 series drives over annoying else on the market because of lack of trim support.
[/QUOTE]

I was kinda hoping that maybe the new 16GB PS3 would be able to take advantage of the faster R/W speeds and have some feature like TRIM and garbage collection.

Still, eventually somebody somewhere will give us some disk benchmarks on the new 16GB.

Hopefully there will be a BF deal on the 2nd gen slot loading PS3. I have an original Japanese 60GB, but this Super Slim is a POS. My buddy bought one and it's so cheaply made.

How about instead of posting rumors we post actual deals. For all we know these Gamestop employees could be messing with people just to get shit started.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']What games will likely come with it?[/QUOTE]

Let me get in my time machine and find out for you.

[quote name='limelight022']How about instead of posting rumors we post actual deals. For all we know these Gamestop employees could be messing with people just to get shit started.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What we should do is post the main forum rule in big bold red letters at the top of the forum ........ Oh wait....

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']What games will likely come with it?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, last year the $200 160GB holiday bundle came with Ratchet All 4 One and Littlebigplanet 2. Purely speculation on my part but I assume it will be family friendly / all age oriented and appropriate stuff for holiday bundles... Then again, I believe the holiday bundle from 3 years ago was Killzone 2 and Infamous... So you never know.

I think Playstation All-Stars should be one of the games, (just guessing, don't know anything). They have Little Big Karting dropping that month too, that makes sense too. Having two new releases will be the only way I'd consider this deal, and even than, I'd still would want the old slim. Really don't want that thing to be on my shelf for show.

I completely expect a deal like this and that is why I sold my 60gb fatty. I sold my fatty and a broke xbox (I informed them that it was broke) to gamestop and I'm not sitting on $300 credit.

[quote name='kupomogli']It won't be the 16GB model. 16GB is exclusive to Europe.[/QUOTE]

No. The 12GB PS3 is exclusive to Europe.
The OP is suggesting a rumor that Gamestop could get a 16GB flash model for Black Friday at $200.

I should create a "rumor" thread in the deals section about the Windows Tablet. A Microsoft rep told me at a career fair to not buy the first version of the tablet because the 2nd version will be much better since it will have a better Intel processor. The 2nd version will be released 1st Quarter 2013.

So should I create a thread in the deals section for this?

[quote name='limelight022']How about instead of posting rumors we post actual deals. For all we know these Gamestop employees could be messing with people just to get shit started.[/QUOTE]

I'm the OP.

FYI this info was told to a GameStop manager (whom I trust) by a Sony stoe rep, that a superslim PS3 bundle with 2 games would be released on Black Friday for around $200. Since this is exactly what happened last year, I don't find this so hard to believe.

I'm calling this a "rumor" because I wasn't able to verify this, and probably won't for several more weeks. But IMO I think this is going to happen...

[quote name='diplo']I think Playstation All-Stars should be one of the games, (just guessing, don't know anything). They have Little Big Karting dropping that month too, that makes sense too. Having two new releases will be the only way I'd consider this deal, and even than, I'd still would want the old slim. Really don't want that thing to be on my shelf for show.[/QUOTE]
PS AS comes like the week before BF. No way is that gonna be a free game. It'll most likely be something that came out a couple of months earlier

It will probably be the 250gb with Gran Turismo 5 XL and Uncharted 3.

Last year, it was a similar bundle. Folks recall that most retailers offered a $50 gift card as well? I'm hoping thats the case and 2 games I don't have. My fat YLOD'd on me so been waiting on a similar deal as last BF.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Last year, it was a similar bundle. Folks recall that most retailers offered a $50 gift card as well? I'm hoping thats the case and 2 games I don't have. My fat YLOD'd on me so been waiting on a similar deal as last BF.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there was a $50 GC added along with the Black Friday bundle. Something like that would have been with the already released bundles...

[quote name='aircobra']Let me get in my time machine and find out for you.[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of the word "likely"? He's curious as to which games stand the highest chance of being included, thus he's asking the forums to take an educated guess. How about I rephrase his question so you better understand:

"which games do you feel will be a part of the bundle?"

Clear enough for you or should I continue

[quote name='gordojones88']SATA 1 is just , oh, so, that's disappointing then.
Can't really do much with that.[/QUOTE]
You can do a whole lot with it, since it still offers twice the speed and virtually no access latency compared to the built in harddrive. Even 2 year old SATA drives cut down loading times by half.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Edge']You can do a whole lot with it, since it still offers twice the speed and virtually no access latency compared to the built in harddrive. Even 2 year old SATA drives cut down loading times by half.

If you can give us an exact date, exact price, and list what additional items it will come with, yes. If you can't, then you're just blowing smoke out of your ass.[/QUOTE]

Date: Sometime next month maybe ?
Price: £249.99 in the UK and €299.00 elsewhere .. ?
Euro Bundle: GT5: Academy Edition ?
US: We are (SOL) :whistle2:s

[quote name='Havok83']PS AS comes like the week before BF. No way is that gonna be a free game. It'll most likely be something that came out a couple of months earlier[/QUOTE]

I dont think that matters, AC3 is being bundled with PS3 on release day. And last year it was Ratchet & Clank that was bundled, and it was only a month old. And the GOTY version of LBP2, which was newly released. Plus I think Playstation All-Stars would be an ideal bundle game, because you play those characters in the game, and you might think they're cool and than you'll buy their own game.

[quote name='kilik64']And this is a deal how?

Got a time machine or something?[/QUOTE]

A deal is always a deal. Some deals maybe surpassed, some may have come and gone, some maybe in the future, but a deal is always a deal.

Be fucking patient. :-({|=

[quote name='in4one']
"which games do you feel will be a part of the bundle?"
[/QUOTE]

Let me get in my time machine and find out for you.

[quote name='in4one']Im considering trading in my fat ps3 for $180 and potentially buying this. Anyone else doing the same?[/QUOTE]

If you are getting 2 games for only 20 difference (and you wont whine about the top) It would be worth it. It's probably not a bad idea to ditch the old and get a new one with a warranty.

[quote name='in4one']Im considering trading in my fat ps3 for $180 and potentially buying this. Anyone else doing the same?[/QUOTE]

Where at? GS?

[quote name='Edge']You can just use the built in Back Up utility that's under settings if you want to completely back up your harddrive, it lets you save it all on a USB device. But it will only restore copy protected content (like certain saves) on the SAME PS3 that you did the backup from. If you want to actually transfer 100% of your data from your old PS3 to your new one, then you can connect them together with an ethernet cable and use the TRANSFER utility (it's in the same place as the back up utility) and it will entirely move the contents of your first PS3 to the second. That's probably your best bet as long as you're in posession of both PS3s at the same time, it will also be way faster transfering over ethernet than through a USB stick or harddrive or whatever.[/QUOTE]

See thats the thing. Everything im reading MOVES the content. I wanted to copy it and still keep a copy on the original PS3. It still plays DLC games and stuff like that, just not discs. Im guessing there really isn't any way to do that other than doing a straight transfer and maybe re-d.loading the games to the old system? Honestly the PS3 seems very clunky. I dont get why you cant copy games and demos and stuff like that. Seems the only way is to re-d.load them, or, like you said do a transfer and lose the old file.

btw do you have to mess with DRM crap like you have to with the 360? I heard they knocked down how many PS3s you can have your data on.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']IMO 16GB is plenty of storage for the casual player whom doesn't play very many games. The current typical PS3 game doesn't have a large install requirement at all, so I am sure you can play far more than 5 games and not worry about storage space.

This system (as is) is certainly not suitable for those that like to download a lot of content from PSN, or are interested in PS+.

This would also be a good system to get for those interested in immediately upgrading the HDD to a size that Sony doesn't yet offer in a PS3 (750GB-1TB).[/QUOTE]

really? Dishonored has a 5gb install, Sleeping dogs has over a 4gb, RE6 and DOA5 both have a 3 gig (though DOA is 'optional'.. though not really. Fighting games optional is pretty much manditory unless you want to wait a minute between rounds). Those are just from checking the latest releases. That adds up really fast. Throw in actual save game files and patches and you can basically have 3 or 4 games on your HD at a time unless you do like gordojones88 If you think thats a good value knock yourself out. It sounds horrible to me.

[quote name='waldo21212']I'm hoping Best Buy does some "custom" bundles to clear our their existing stock of slims. Something like buy a PS3 slim for $200 and pick any 2 games. I know they've done similar things in the past.

I would like to pick-up a 2nd PS3, but don't really like the super slim.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually just rather them sell them for $125-$150 by themselves

^_^x KD

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...[/QUOTE]

PS3 Super Slim Black Friday Edition:

PS3 Super Slim 16 GB
Uncharted Collection
Uncharted 3
Killzone Collection
God of War Saga Collection
Resistance Collection
Team Ico Collection
R&C Collection

Price: $199.

Make it so, Sony. Make it so.

[quote name='etcrane']Time to turn the $180 from my 60gb Fat into this when BF rolls around ... good times[/QUOTE]

I would NEVER trade in a functional 60GB Phat for the New Diet Slim model.

[quote name='tukai']Was there a wink and a hush gesture involved with the manager?[/QUOTE]

ctrl+f'd for "wink". Was not disappointed.

I'm going to guess the two games to be Uncharted 3 (non-goty) and Playstation All Stars

Yes, but with my huge backlog of games it would be hard to do without a PS3 for a full month!!!

The bundle was $199 and 2 games last year, so I don't see why there has to be any speculation about this. That is the bar that was already set last year.

bread's done
Back