Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havok83']Damn and the UC3 bundle comes out in a few days. Im not sure if I can hold out another month. Im thinknig with just going for that bc I think it will be of better value to me. I already own UC and Infamous games and already plan on getting ACIII. Plus 250gb wont be enough for me so Id have to buy a new HDD anyway. Still $200 is quite attractive

It contains all 4 titles or is it 2 different bundles with w games each[/QUOTE]

It is one bundle containing all 4 games. The box for this bundle has the Infamous character prominently displayed on it, it is referred to as an Infamous Limited Edition bundle...

[quote name='Fire2box']Yes people can hook up PC's to their TV's if they wish, yes you can use ps3 or 360 controls to play skyrim and most other games wired or wirelessly and yes PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

Also really your family wants to be around you while you play a single player game called Skyrim, please. Right...[/QUOTE]
Don't know about the guy you are attacking, but couch co-op brings so much fun when playing with your family. And for single players we always take turns playing it.

OT: The games that are in this bundle are too old (relatively speaking), hope they have another bundle that comes with newer games, I could use another :ps3:

[quote name='TooPoor']Don't know about the guy you are attacking, but couch co-op brings so much fun when playing with your family. And for single players we always take turns playing it.

OT: The games that are in this bundle are too old (relatively speaking), hope they have another bundle that comes with newer games, I could use another :ps3:[/QUOTE]

The way I see it, this bundle is supposed to attract brand new PS3 owners, and what better way than to bundle in the best games made for the platform.

If you want a bundle with a new game there is always the AC3 bundle, but you will pay more for it...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']The way I see it, this bundle is supposed to attract brand new PS3 owners, and what better way than to bundle in the best games made for the platform.

If you want a bundle with a new game there is always the AC3 bundle, but you will pay more for it...[/QUOTE]
I know, problem is AC3 is deemed to drop in price, fast. So it's not that appealing to me, unless they make the hardware AC3 themed.

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, problem is AC3 is deemed to drop in price, fast. So it's not that appealing to me, unless they make the hardware AC3 themed.[/QUOTE]

The way the 500GB AC3 superslim bundle is priced, it is like you are getting AC3 for free. Because the previous 320GB Slim sold by itself for the same price ($300)...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']The way the 500GB AC3 superslim bundle is priced, it is like you are getting AC3 for free. Because the previous 320GB Slim sold by itself for the same price ($300)...[/QUOTE]
That is a good way of thinking about it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Don't know about the guy you are attacking, but couch co-op brings so much fun when playing with your family. And for single players we always take turns playing it.

OT: The games that are in this bundle are too old (relatively speaking), hope they have another bundle that comes with newer games, I could use another :ps3:[/QUOTE]

Not attacking just confirming that PC's do *exactly* what consoles can at higher res, non locked frame rates and higher graphical detail. Of course he already knew all of this and his only defense is he likes consoles better. Clearly was a baited troll line but still.

Also you can't really take turns on a game like Skyrim unless you all vote what to do in a situation that will have some alteration on the game. Like if your a nord or a elf, or whatever classes there are. Magic or melee, etc.

[quote name='Fire2box']Not attacking just confirming that PC's do *exactly* what consoles can at higher res, non locked frame rates and higher graphical detail. Of course he already knew all of this and his only defense is he likes consoles better. Clearly was a baited troll line but still.

Also you can't really take turns on a game like Skyrim unless you all vote what to do in a situation that will have some alteration on the game. Like if your a nord or a elf, or whatever classes there are. Magic or melee, etc.[/QUOTE]
My wife will just play whatever I choose. My wife loved SR3, she likes to drive around and dress up the character. And it's so funny to see her drive around like in the real world, and she would actually do parallel parking before stopping before the store.

[quote name='Nochance']How the fuck is the dumbass thread not closed still?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the OP just keeps speculating more and more about what the BF bundle might be. We will find out soon enough. This whole thread is a waste of time until those details and most importantly pricing are confirmed. Everyone expects there to be BF bundles, so it's not like this thread is going to prevent anyone from going out and buying a PS3 today because they are unaware it could be cheaper or come with free games on Black Friday.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agreed, the OP just keeps speculating more and more about what the BF bundle might be. We will find out soon enough. This whole thread is a waste of time until those details and most importantly pricing are confirmed. Everyone expects there to be BF bundles, so it's not like this thread is going to prevent anyone from going out and buying a PS3 today because they are unaware it could be cheaper or come with free games on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

it does for me :)

new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

for 199.99 i might pull the trigger dependin on how much i could flip those 2 games for

love for a CORE at 149

[quote name='slidecage']it does for me :)

new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

for 199.99 i might pull the trigger dependin on how much i could flip those 2 games for

love for a CORE at 149[/QUOTE]

If that is indeed the BF deal, it would be awesome. But a 9 page speculation thread does not belong in deals. It's just dumb click bait and a waste of peoples time.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agreed, the OP just keeps speculating more and more about what the BF bundle might be. We will find out soon enough. This whole thread is a waste of time until those details and most importantly pricing are confirmed. Everyone expects there to be BF bundles, so it's not like this thread is going to prevent anyone from going out and buying a PS3 today because they are unaware it could be cheaper or come with free games on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel that way. BTW I did mark this thread as a "rumor", and making an educated guess based on what happened last year, and what a Sony rep has apparently said. Based on the current update, it looks like it is going to happen just like last year.

Feel free not to participate any longer, IMO I think many people appreciate the heads up...

[quote name='Nochance']If that is indeed the BF deal, it would be awesome. But a 9 page speculation thread does not belong in deals. It's just dumb click bait and a waste of peoples time.[/QUOTE]

How is it "click bait" when I clearly mark this thread as a "rumor"?

If I didn't mark this thread as a rumor, you would have a point...

Also not the first instance of a rumor thread in the deals section that people seemed to appreciate: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328589&highlight=Rumor

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']How is it "click bait" when I clearly mark this thread as a "rumor"?

If I didn't mark this thread as a rumor, you would have a point...

Also not the first instance of a rumor thread in the deals section that people seemed to appreciate: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328589&highlight=Rumor[/QUOTE]

You also wrote "NEW UPDATE" in the thread title, which ended up being more conjecture with absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure why thread creators are always so defensive, but this is an obviously useless thread and has continually been bumped by people asking questions...to which you clearly have no answer.

[quote name='Nochance']You also wrote "NEW UPDATE" in the thread title, which ended up being more conjecture with absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure why thread creators are always so defensive, but this is an obviously useless thread and has continually been bumped by people asking questions...to which you clearly have no answer.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. I fell for the thread the first time and avoided it since then, but I just assumed when he posted "New Update" that he had some real information this time. I guess the joke was on me and all of us. This thread needs to be locked or moved elsewhere.

[quote name='Nochance']You also wrote "NEW UPDATE" in the thread title, which ended up being more conjecture with absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure why thread creators are always so defensive, but this is an obviously useless thread and has continually been bumped by people asking questions...to which you clearly have no answer.[/QUOTE]

What I stated in the update isn't conjecture, this new bundle does exist and is an official Sony one. The only thing being speculated is if this is the Black Friday bundle, and if it will be sold for around $200. IMO this is more evidence that supports the rumor.

I don't think you have been paying attention to this thread. Most people have just commented, few questions were directed at me. I spent most of my time defending that 16GB of flash would be adequate for new PS3 owners.

Perhaps you should actually read this thread and stop making prejudgments about it, but I am sure there is "Nochance" of that happening. :p

I googled the UPC for the bundle listed on Fry's site. 2 other sites call it a Black Friday bundle. I also found a UPC 711719991335 that is listed as a 2012 National BF Bundle which contains a 250GB PS3 super slim, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, SSX, and a PSN Plus Trial.

The lot of you can shut your mouths.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agree 100%. I fell for the thread the first time and avoided it since then, but I just assumed when he posted "New Update" that he had some real information this time. I guess the joke was on me and all of us. This thread needs to be locked or moved elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I don't think some people realize what a rumor is. If you did your expectations would be managed to begin with.

Sony and their retail partners likely want to keep this kind of information to themselves for as long as possible, I don't expect it to be confirmed until shortly before Thanksgiving.

[quote name='mitch079']I googled the UPC for the bundle listed on Fry's site. 2 other sites call it a Black Friday bundle. I also found a UPC 711719991335 that is listed as a 2012 National BF Bundle which contains a 250GB PS3 super slim, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, SSX, and a PSN Plus Trial.

The lot of you can shut your mouths.[/QUOTE]

#Winning!

Thanks for your support! :)

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't think some people realize what a rumor is. If you did your expectations would be managed to begin with.

Sony and their retail partners likely want to keep this kind of information to themselves for as long as possible, I don't expect it to be confirmed until shortly before Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem people have is that they DO in fact understand what a rumor is. Furthermore, they also are able to read the big red disclaimer and understand what that is and that a rumor is not a "specific video game deal". It's kinda the opposite of that, actually

Look, I'm not one of these folks that jumps at threads with "NOT A DEAL!!!! RABBLE RABBLE!!!" If there is a new console bundle, MSRP drop, or even a GOTY/Complete Edition of a popular game out there I think it should be posted so people have that information and it can help them make buying decisions. For instance, now when you have the specifics would have been a perfect and appropriate time to make a thread. But can you imagine if everyone made substance-less, detail-less rumor threads? This board would be mayhem.

And BTW, your thread wasn't really even a rumor thread. Sony releases a PS3 Bundle every Holiday season. So you were basically telling us what Sony does every year without specifics, on a board where a big red disclaimer specifically mentions to mention specifics in threads. I could see where these folks might take umbrage

[quote name='JP73']I think the problem people have is that they DO in fact understand what a rumor is. Furthermore, they also are able to read the big red disclaimer and understand what that is and that a rumor is not a "specific video game deal". It's kinda the opposite of that, actually

Look, I'm not one of these folks that jumps at threads with "NOT A DEAL!!!! RABBLE RABBLE!!!" If there is a new console bundle, MSRP drop, or even a GOTY/Complete Edition of a popular game out there I think it should be posted so people have that information and it can help them make buying decisions. For instance, now when you have the specifics would have been a perfect and appropriate time to make a thread. But can you imagine if everyone made substance-less, detail-less rumor threads? This board would be mayhem.

And BTW, your thread wasn't really even a rumor thread. Sony releases a PS3 Bundle every Holiday season. So you were basically telling us what Sony does every year without specifics, on a board where a big red disclaimer specifically mentions to mention specifics in threads. I could see where these folks might take umbrage[/QUOTE]

I didn't expect this thread to be as long as it did, but there does seem to be a lot of interest in this with over 20K views, and very few complaints.

Just like that other rumor thread, I was just passing along information from a credible retail source, that is still unconfirmed. I certainly wouldn't just make a thread solely about my own personal speculation.

Traditionally the holiday bundles Sony sells are like the current superslim uncharted 3 and upcoming AC3 bundles. They are usually not discounted at all, the value solely comes through the included game. Last year was a game-changer where Sony actually discounted the console by $50 on that one day, and was a separate bundle than the traditional "holiday" bundles. I found this surprising last year, because Sony hasn't done that before.

IMO based on what I was told, what happened last year, and what I have just seen today, it looks like this is more likely to happen again, than not.

[quote name='Blade3D']I heard the Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle will be $149.99[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised since I have seen the 4GB version selling as low as $180 recently...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the thread. I'm buying a ps3 an this has helped me to delay my purchase and wait for the deal which seems very plausible.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']What I stated in the update isn't conjecture, this new bundle does exist and is an official Sony one. The only thing being speculated is if this is the Black Friday bundle, and if it will be sold for around $200.[/QUOTE]

The price is the only reason anyone would be interested in this in the first place, and you've admitted you just made it up. No one cares if the bundle exists, people care if the bundle exists at that price. Surely this can't be that hard for you to understand, I like to think the best of people.

[quote name='SW4J']The price is the only reason anyone would be interested in this in the first place, and you've admitted you just made it up. No one cares if the bundle exists, people care if the bundle exists at that price. Surely this can't be that hard for you to understand, I like to think the best of people.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP. There I clearly stated that the pricing information came from the GameStop manager, via the Sony rep.

From what I discovered today, suggests that there will be a specific BF bundle. The only thing not confirmed is the price. That last sentence does not mean or suggest I made anything up.

The only thing I "made up" was thinking this bundle may be the 16GB flash model PS3.

So hopefully you can understand that.

Also I think people are interested in what different kinds of bundles would be available on BF as well as the price. People were certainly interested when the box-shot of last year's BF bundle leaked out on the web, well before knowing how much it was going to cost...

Man I hope those games are not the black Friday bundle. Uncharted 1 and 2 are way too old, and Infamous 2 was already given "free" as a PSN+ game. I know these bundles are trying to get NEW buyers and on the surface 4 games sound amazing, but these are all too similar (2 franchises and 2 sequels). This also isn't so appealing to people like me who are in the market for a "replacement" or a 2nd PS3 and already have had these games for YEARS.

Of course the only games this year would be Twisted Metal, Starhawk, or possibly Little Big Planet Karting (which is likely too new, although if I'm not mistaken they did give away Ratchet and Clank All For One last year even though it had just released). I also wouldn't mind something like the Ratchet and Clank collection, although they would probably want to focus on PS3 games first rather than PS2 remasters.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I wouldn't be surprised since I have seen the 4GB version selling as low as $180 recently...[/QUOTE]

And both the PS3 and 360 bundles went for $199 last year...

I would be a bit disappointed if they were still $199 again, unless the included games were SPECTACULAR. I have to admit, even though the PS3 has always been my main console and I'm even looking for a 2nd PS3, that the 360 bundle with Skyrim and Forza 4 is mighty tempting. Especially if it was $149. If the 360 bundle is $149 I hope they don't screw it up by putting in some crappy games, or worse yet if they make the "black Friday" bundle a $199 system but with "Kinect" to justify keeping the same price.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Man I hope those games are not the black Friday bundle. Uncharted 1 and 2 are way too old, and Infamous 2 was already given "free" as a PSN+ game. I know these bundles are trying to get NEW buyers and on the surface 4 games sound amazing, but these are all too similar (2 franchises and 2 sequels). This also isn't so appealing to people like me who are in the market for a "replacement" or a 2nd PS3 and already have had these games for YEARS.

Of course the only games this year would be Twisted Metal, Starhawk, or possibly Little Big Planet Karting (which is likely too new, although if I'm not mistaken they did give away Ratchet and Clank All For One last year even though it had just released). I also wouldn't mind something like the Ratchet and Clank collection, although they would probably want to focus on PS3 games first rather than PS2 remasters.[/QUOTE]

If they sell this bundle for $200, I'm not going to worry so much if I already own the games, I can always trade/sell my old ones.

Yes last year's bundle included the then recently released R&C all 4 one, and was a surprising addition to a discounted bundle. Technically the Infamous collection is also a recent release, and does include the Festival of Blood DLC, which I am sure not everyone has even if they already own Infamous 2...

[quote name='TooPoor']So the super slim comes with that stand? looks...shaky?
And thanks for the image.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't come with the stand. For some reason Sony has that same picture on all of their superslim bundle boxes, probably just for show.

I recently got to handle a superslim, and it is pretty stable without a stand, much more stable than the first slim because that system didn't have a flush bottom. Having a stand for the slim and superslim makes it much less likely for it to tip over accidentally.

Best Buy currently sells the stand for $19.99....

[quote name='YBX87']if the infamous bundle really ends up being only $223.99. It is not a bad price at all, seeing it is 250 gb, instead of 160 gb[/QUOTE]

That is a really strange pricepoint, but still a pretty good value. Hopefully it will end up being $199.99 on Black Friday...

[quote name='Agent Orange']And both the PS3 and 360 bundles went for $199 last year...

I would be a bit disappointed if they were still $199 again, unless the included games were SPECTACULAR. I have to admit, even though the PS3 has always been my main console and I'm even looking for a 2nd PS3, that the 360 bundle with Skyrim and Forza 4 is mighty tempting. Especially if it was $149. If the 360 bundle is $149 I hope they don't screw it up by putting in some crappy games, or worse yet if they make the "black Friday" bundle a $199 system but with "Kinect" to justify keeping the same price.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has already dropped the price on the 4GB+Kinect bundle down $50 to $250 at least for the holidays, IMO that puts even more pressure on Sony to react with lower prices on the PS3 for the holiday season...

For anyone interested and nearby Fred Meyer stores (mainly in the Pacific NW), you can buy a 250GB Superslim Uncharted 3 GOTY bundle + free copy of God of War Saga for $269.99. There is also a $30 off coupon that you may be able to use to lower it to $239.99. A pretty good deal in my opinion, without fighting the Black Friday crowds. This deal is valid tomorrow only (Saturday 10/27).

The $30 off coupon is located here

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']#Winning!

Thanks for your support! :)[/QUOTE]
You deserve a ban. But not for this thread. This thread is fine. But using a hashtag?! UNFORGIVEABLE!

I wish they'll make a 16gb version with a free PS exclusive game (infamous,uncharted,or little big planet) and make it in the $150-$175 range. That would be perfect for new comers like me.

bread's done
Back