(Sale has ended) 50 Cent, Warhammer (360) $10 and More at Newegg 72 Hour Winter Sale

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
DEAD! Sale has ended!

[img-r=4823]3555[/img-r]Free shipping on all sale items:

:360: Clive Barker's Jericho $7.99
:360: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $9.99
:360: Warhammer $9.99
:360: EA Rock Band Wireless Guitar $19.99
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter $79.99
:ps3: 007: Quantum of Solace $9.99
:ps3: Tomb Raider: Underworld $12.99
:ps3: Lair $14.99
:wii: dreamGEAR 10-In-1 Player's Kit for Wii $29.99
:wii: dreamGEAR Players Kit 11 In 1 Bundle Pack for Wii $34.99

newegg.gif
Newegg 72 Hour Winter Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed Jericho when i played it along time ago.

I picked up 50 cent, played this and had a blast, gettin it again to let GF play. Also picked up Warhammer for the hell of it.

[quote name='NovaKane']Ended up gettin' it lol.[/QUOTE]I greatly enjoyed TR:U when I played it earlier this year.

It is a damn pretty game and I found it enjoyable to play, I'm not really sure why it wasn't very well received.

The formula is kinda old at this point, but if you go in *wanting* a formula TR game TR:U is a really good one.

Especially at that price!

/snagged 50cent and Jericho for $17
//let my bro's wife know about 50 for $10 so now he has a surprise stocking stuffer for co-op!

[quote name='salazarmark']Post-patch, Yes.

Don't believe the internet mob mentality in which when the Alpha dog says one game sucks all the inferior breeds follow suit. It's a pretty but mediocre game worth about $15.

I could facepalm 90% of the posters here now so excited about fiddy when their old posts pretty much lambasted the title.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, LAIR, while flawed its no where near the game most of the (cough, cough) people here who have never played it make it out to be. Controls, yes, they are not perfect, but the patch made them better. To me a Huge dragon who turns on a dime sorta sems silly. Controls seem fine to me, but thats Opinion only. I went in really excited about the game, and came away disapointed, not becuase its a bad game, but becuase its only an Average game and I was expecting greatness. Fun yes, learning curve to controling Dragon, yes. $15 may be borderline (i got mine for $20 a long time ago, not unhappy with purchase) this game wont be for everyone. The price of a meal, not to bad for a game IMHO.

Battlemarch, RTS on consoles is never a "good" fit. Bit more a thinking mans RTS then most, hardcore will not be taxed, normal RTS players may find it a bit hard, none RTS players wil hate it.

Tomb raider, fun, but if you played it back in the day or the 5 other versions.... eh...

50- If you like JackA$$ over the top type stuff, this is the game for you. Nothing new, nothing bad, just alot of the same stuff in exagerated "im cooler then you" way. Fun enough. (sorry being an A$$ and thinking its cool isnt my idea fun, but some like it). As far as game play, $10 isnt to bad, nothing new, but not real bad spots either.

Overall, some good deals if you need a cheap game (But there are so many GOOD games out now, Dragon Age, L4D2, etc...)

I have to echo the sentiments regarding 50 Cent BoTS. It's a great game that fell through the cracks of the gaming community. Really fun and over the top all the way to the end, but the end comes much sooner than you think....meaning it's very short. Play it through on the hardest difficulty for the most fun and then play co-op with a buddy online. Definitely worth it at this price!

I also recommend QoS if you're a Bond fan like I am. Again, a very short game, but loads of re-playability with online play and the like. Have fun!

Warhammer is bad IMO. The controls are a mess, the tutorial is a joke, the manual tells you nothing about how to play the game, the graphics are last gen. Save yourself the $10

i picked up 50 at target while back.. haven't finished it but pretty fun of what i played so far

it's gears of war + the club + 50 cent

I went ahead and jumped on 50cent and Jericho, though I hate RAP with a passion.... I do with Tombraider at 12.99 was on 360 been waiting to get what should be another great tombraider for cheap..

It looks like some of the folks here are looking for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand for PS3.
My copy is on my tradelist and I'd let it go for $10 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

I actually saw Lair cheaper at other places. I think I will wait though since I was curious and the game is something that I have to wait until I can get it for a better price. 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand seems to be a really decent shooter from the reviews. I am not really into games where guys think they are the best thing and over others.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I'm so tempted to buy LAIR for PS3, but reviews for the game are yuck![/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy during the B1G1 that Blockbuster had last time and even $5 was $4.99 too much for that game.

But on the upside, Toys R'Us gives $7.50 for it in trade.:D I think it was actually higher than that when I traded my copy in about 2 months ago.

[quote name='mercilessming']I went ahead and jumped on 50cent and Jericho, though I hate RAP with a passion.... I do with Tombraider at 12.99 was on 360 been waiting to get what should be another great tombraider for cheap..[/QUOTE]
I pretty much hate rap also, I had to turn the music volume down to zero. After that was done its actually a pretty fun game.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Is lair good for $15?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $6.97 in the Sears clearance bins, and while I found it interesting enough to be worth that, I wouldn't have paid any more for it.

Glad I waited for this sale .. hate rap but cant beat a fun game especially on multiplayer MOTHERF$%@!!! .. umm yeah forgot that I dont score points here for saying that

Well I love old school hip-hop BDP, Brand Nubians, Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest, Eric B. and Rakim, Public Enemy, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Gang Starr, EPMD, WU-Tang, Mos Def and of course 3rd bass LOL but I can't really get into any of the new commercial crap out nowadays so I would pass on 50 too many cents to buy anything from or about him.

Might just pick up another guitar, still using my GH3 guitar and could always use another.

I hate 50 Cent about as much as you can hate a person you've never met, but that game is pretty awesome. Very fun to run through in co-op.

I'd prefer it if Microsoft didn't have a patent on using custom soundtracks in games so that Sony could allow devs to put that function in their games. It would make Team Deathmatch games on GTA IV alot more interesting as I'm driving down the road full throttle to Hatebreed and other heavier shit on the radio.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe it. Some games are tolerable, even if you don't like the music in them. I had the Marc Ecko game "Getting Up" and it had it's fun moments.[/QUOTE]

I love that game. They really need to make a sequel.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Might get 50cent too to play with bro. Does it have local split screen? Or someone mentioned only online co-op?[/QUOTE]

no splitscreen unfortunately, it's online co-op only and maybe system link but i cant confirm that

got a backlog of games so i'll wait for 50 to drop but just picked up TNA impact for 5.99. Got Smackdown coming in the mail but for $6 it was too hard to pass up. Probably the cheapest i've ever paid for a new game

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe it. Some games are tolerable, even if you don't like the music in them. I had the Marc Ecko game "Getting Up" and it had it's fun moments.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, except the opposite for me. I've put up with tons of rock and punk music in games over the years. The 50 Cent game is fun, just played through it a week ago.

Also, I think Lair is a victim of the backlash against the original hype. Sure, it's not the game people had anticipated, but I don't think it's as bad as many people make it out to be.

Hmm.. for some reason my browser isn't letting me add any of these games to my cart, I just get error'd out on the checkout page.

[quote name='NovaKane']I love that game. They really need to make a sequel.[/QUOTE]

It pains me to see how many people hate on Gettin' Up just because they hate Marc Ecko, who admittedly puffs himself up too much, or because they just hate all hip-hop, without realizing that the hip-hop ethos of Gettin' Up is diametrically different from the hip-hop ethos of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. Gettin' Up is a solid game with a great premise and setting.

I'll get 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand just for its so-bad-it's-good factor.

This is my first Newegg order. I've jumped on 50 cent. I am looking forward for a good dumb game.

I was in the minority and I thought Lair was pretty cool post patch. Most people seem to think it sucks because going with the crowd is the "thing". I personally liked the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games and it plays exactly like those except on a dragon. The story is generic, as are the characters and cutscenes, but it was fun to play through.

With that said, it seems like it has been cheaper than $15 everywhere else though. It's pretty old and if you shop around you can probably find it for less than that.

i have played much worst games than lair. I bought it after the control patch and its fine. It has some problems but isn't so bad.

[quote name='justinslot']Are you guys somehow getting Newegg's site to load? It's timed out for me for the past half hour.[/QUOTE]

no problems here, try going there directly, the link on the front page uses a redirector.

[quote name='retromufc']no problems here, try going there directly, the link on the front page uses a redirector.[/QUOTE]

Working now, thanks!

Lair can be bought for $11 (really $10.97) at gohastings when using the 30 percent HOLIDAY although I wish I was able to get it for $10.

bread's done
Back