Sam's Club (YMMV) Resistance 2 - 13.81, BF Bad Company (PS3) 3.81, + some others

autche

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Picked up the following at my local Sam's Club (Florida Panhandle); all prices rang up lower than was shown on item tickets

PS3:

Resistance 2: 13.81
BattleField Bad Company: 3.81/Gold edition 13.81

360:

FIFA Street 3 - 5.81

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement: 8.81

NDS:

Guitar Hero on Tour - Decades: 7.81 (game only; no controller included)

They had a few other games listed on the cheap, but did not bring them up front to price check (would be feesable to believe they may ring up lower than advertised since all the above ones did):

360:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: $9.XX
Silent Hill: Homecoming: $16.01
Bourne Conspiracy: $13.XX
Pure: $22.XX
Wii:

Incredible Hulk: $8.01

PS3:

Mirror's Edge: $11.01 (I know this is listed in another thread, merely stating what I saw at the local store for reference purposes only).
Rock Band 1: $16.XX
Rock Band 2: $21.XX
Pure: $22.XX

I know Sam's Club pricing is almost universally YMMV, but I've seen some prices advertised in CAG show up at the local Sam's Club, so happy hunting.

edit: checked the price of Resistance 2 LE, it is still $57.XX; there were no copies of Fallout 3 CE left (someone snagged it from the time I posted to the evening hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrg']Picked up Silent Hill Homecoming for ps3 for $17 and change but after having it a week and mulling it over I am returning it. Just not worth that much imo. Who knows, maybe when I go to return it I can have them scan it back and it will be 1/2 that price now. Has never happened to me, but it would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

It's worth it, It was better then "The Room" but it wasn't the best Silent Hill but enjoyable, but they could of done so much more with it.

if anyone gets Saints Row 2, Resistance 2 CE or Resistance 2 I would glady pay for them plus a little extra for the trouble :)

Oh also COD WAW :) CE or normal

the sam's club in scranton, pa had nba 2k9 for ps3 @ 9.XX... the lines were too long and i was in a hurry on the way down to philly and it was too late on my way back up to philly past scranton - someone might wanna snag that though if it's still there. 2k9 doesnt look as good as live 09 but might be worth a shot

Sf4 360/ps3 & re5-ps3 were 25 and rock revolution kit was 8-ps3 and g.h. aerosmith was 6-ps3 at SAMs in orange park Jacksonville fl .

I debated on starting another thread, but as this seems to have become the Sam's Club YMMV thread I'll put it in here.

Today in Tulsa, OK I picked up Little Big Planet for $27.81. They had two left and I think the R2 has gotten cheap before but this seems like a pretty good deal to me for US, especially since it's going for $57 on amazon and $60 on BB. Big YMMV I'm sure though.

Also, Mirror's Edge on PS3 was $18.xx and GH Metallica was $27.xx I didn't see any other markdowns, but I was in a hurry so they might be found.

Just got back from my Sam's Club. No good deals except:
:ps3: Mirror's Edge: $8.xx
:360: Call of Duty: World at War: $18.xx
:360: Rock Band 2: $15.xx

I was really hoping to get Resistance 2 (none available) or Killzone 2 (turned out to be $55.xx) for cheap.

[quote name='cblakerobinson']I'm looking for a Resistance 2 CE, CoD W@W CE, Fallout 3 CE, & Saint's Row...PM me if you come across any extras![/QUOTE]

Do you want them to wipe the games off after they do that?

Well, I struck out at my neighborhood Sam's in finding the Fallout 3 CE or Resistance 2 CE games I was looking for, but I did manage to snag Tiger Woods 10 for X360 for what was apparently a price labeling mistake. It run up $56.81 at the register, but the tag on the game said $27.81. They decided to give me the lower price.

Today, at my local Sam's Club, I found MC:LA(360) for $13.81, but they didn't have any left so I got refunded the amount. Also, I found a Resistance 2 CE marked at $25.81, but when the guy scanned the box it rang up at $69.81. I told them it says $25.81 so they pull it out of the cage and scan it and it rings at the higher amount and they told me do you still want it and I declined so either the price tag was for the regular edition or another game. :bs:

I saw halo 3 for $13.81 but they didn't have it. I did get resistance psp for $18.81 though. I walked by the cage and I saw games in there that didn't even have a plastic card out in the game area. I think I'll get someone to grab a scanner and see if they will go through the case with me. :)

[quote name='shoe478']Well buy them there and take them to the other store for a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

How does that work exactly? I've never heard of that.

I saw wall-e for $5, all guitar heros were $6 and they had gta 4 for only 6.72 but they ran out so i left empty handed. Sam's in Miramar Fl btw

I got
Rockband AC/DC Track Pack PS2, $3.81
Pikmin Wii - $13.81
Wall-e PS3 - $4.81

What a headache, first I had to wait in line at the register and everything rang up for more, wait in line at customer service to get the games and then have them price adjust everything. It took close to 20 minutes

At my Sam's Club here in Secaucus, New Jersey they had Shaun White Snowboarding (ps3) for $4.81. They also had Battlefield Bad Company (ps3) for $4.81.

[quote name='Ganjazilla']How does that work exactly? I've never heard of that.[/QUOTE]

You take them to the other store and say, "I'd like a price adjustment." If they say no then say, "Well can I return them and buy them again?" If they say no then say, "Just give me back my money then." Get them later when they put them back out on the shelf.

In mi picked up
rock Band 2 360 $15.81
pikmin wii $13.81

they also had 2 open box ps2 for $60 if anyone is untreated in the ps2 let me know. I charge shipping with no markups plus $5 handling fee

just wondering are people finding these games in the cages? i stopped by a local sams and they just had some cardboard 'tickets' to bring to the register out on the floor and only recent stuff w/ limited 360 stock...

The games I found had the cardboard tickets, but that isn't always accurate. It is supposed to be 1 ticket on the sales floor for each copy available but sometimes you take the ticket to the cage area only to find out they don't have it.

Never see any price down markdowns at my ones in Houston do i just bring it to the register to check the official price?

Took advantage of my GF's Sam's card... Resistance 2 for 19.91 at the Irving, TX Sam's!
you went to irving market place?...i got mines yesterday there...congrats on that deal

I picked up Spiderman WOS for 10.xx and metal gear 4 for 17.xx and streetfighter 4 for ps3 for 18.xx last week. Saw rockband for ps3 for 6.81 and lego batman for 7.81 but didnt bite.

Went to my local Sam's today and they had Fable II (360) marked down to $10.81. I asked if they had CoD:WaW for 360 because they had no cardboard tickets for it out. Well, the sales associate actually found one in the cage and it scanned for $10.xx. Unfortunately, when she tried to scan it in the computer it made a printout that said marked for liquidation. She took me to the manager who said unfortunately they couldn't sell it and was very apologetic.

Oh well, I was disappointed but at least I got Fable II for a great price.

I just left Sam's returning PS3 versions of Mirror's Edge and Silent Hill Homecoming (paid $10 for ME and $18 for SH) because I decided I just really didn't want them afterall. When I returned them, I got my $29 back but the lady told me that ME was now $5.04 and Silent Hill was only $6.81.

You guys might want to have them scan ANY game you are interested in because I don't believe they even know what price they really are.

[quote name='jtdragon']Well, I struck out at my neighborhood Sam's in finding the Fallout 3 CE or Resistance 2 CE games I was looking for, but I did manage to snag Tiger Woods 10 for X360 for what was apparently a price labeling mistake. It run up $56.81 at the register, but the tag on the game said $27.81. They decided to give me the lower price.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen. They marked it back up before I left the building.

found a bunch at my local sams...got halo wars for $27, star wars for ps3 for $15, fallout 3 for PS3 for $18 and metal gear solid for $13

I picked up GTA Chinatown Wars for $15, Castlevania Judgement for $13, and Lego Batman PS3 for $13 at the Sams Club in Hoover AL. Lego Batman rang up $18 but the sticker said $13 so they gave it to me at that price but they changed it when i left.

THIS THREAD IS USELESS IF YOU DONT LIST YOUR CITY!

Anyone find some love yet in a LA or OC county sams? Metal Gear Solid for $15 or less mocks me, Sams, BB, HV.

can someone help me pickup a copy of resistance 2 collector's edition? i can't seem to find it at the sam's club near me. i'll pay up to $40 including shipping.

[quote name='smackattack']THIS THREAD IS USELESS IF YOU DONT LIST YOUR CITY!

Anyone find some love yet in a LA or OC county sams? Metal Gear Solid for $15 or less mocks me, Sams, BB, HV.[/QUOTE]

Same shit in OC, FL, the sams in central fl, are useless. Can someone get me mgs 4? i'll pay for shipping.

Just got back from the Sam's on 71st in Tulsa and they had two copies of FEAR 2 for PS3 for $22.81. Got one. Might be time for some you to ask them to price check yours.

Just left SAMs in Columbia, MO. Had Fallout 3 CE cardboard thing for $25.xx. When I got to the register they said it was gone. Also grabbed two Spiderman: WoS but they only had 1....$10.xx. Probably going to return it though. I didn't have time to check anything that wasn't marked cheap. They did have FUEL PS3 really cheap that I didn't get.

i was in sam club a few days ago to look for a new HDTV and kinda checked out the game section. They had BF:BC but tagged $19.99

Ummm.....If Anyone buys any Extra, i'll be happy to buy them off your hand, Like Resistance 2 for 13 bucks, Seez thats awesome, too bad im cheap to get into Sams haha. PM me!!!!

[quote name='benartmao']i checked the SAMS club in Temple city california and everything is 28.xx-57.xx[/QUOTE]

Did you have them price-check? The sticker prices are often wrong on the clearance games. This thread is pretty good to find out what games to get price-checked, but the prices can be all over the place. Also, sometimes/often they won't actually have the games, even if they have the display out on the floor.

They really need to have better inventory control. 3 out of 4 times I have bought games, they have had 1 or more games not in stock after I paid for them. They should pull the games first before you pay for them because having to wait in line at customer service to get a refund is annoying and takes a while if they only have 1 person working.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They really need to have better inventory control. 3 out of 4 times I have bought games, they have had 1 or more games not in stock after I paid for them. They should pull the games first before you pay for them because having to wait in line at customer service to get a refund is annoying and takes a while if they only have 1 person working.[/QUOTE]

I NEVER do that anymore. I take them straight to the front desk, ask if they are actually in stock and that's it.

The two Sams in my area blow so hard :(

All they have are GH, Rockband, and Lego stuff *sigh* Then again they might have been picked over by a lucky CAG

this is most likely YMMV but the sams club in conroe,tx had 80gb ps3 for 299. or maybe they're trying to get rid of stock for the slim ps3 lol jk

I know there are already a bunch of people looking for stuff in here, but if anyone can get an extra copy of Fallout 3 (360) or Resistence 2 for under $20, I'd really appreciate it.

Apparently no one I know has a Sam's Club membership :whistle2:/

Went to sams club yesterday and they had resistance 2 CE listed for $77.77!! That has to be wrong right? Should i go through the hassle of having it scanned? Probably only buy if its under 15.

[quote name='thecrazyhorse13']Went to sams club yesterday and they had resistance 2 CE listed for $77.77!! That has to be wrong right? Should i go through the hassle of having it scanned? Probably only buy if its under 15.[/QUOTE]

It's like 74.74 at mine....I have the damn thing scanned everytime I go in

I found Spider-Man Web of Shadows (360) for 10.81 today at the Layton Sam's Club! I snatched it up at that price.

bread's done
Back